URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8547
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Ep. 12 *no sources* "

Posted by Sheldor on 04-21-16 at 08:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-16 AT 08:39 PM (EST)

Title: "Now’s The Time To Start Scheming"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S32 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Ep. 12 *no sources* "
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-16 at 09:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-16 AT 09:43 AM (EST)

Here's Jeff's teaser from his EW Q&A:

Only a few episodes left! Tease us up for next week, sir!
Push is coming to shove. With so few people left, the alliances are going to truly be put to the test. There will be consequences.

Not much in the teaser, but Jeff's comments about Aubry reassuring Tai not to play the idol at TC were very interesting, especially when taken with the scene of Aubry crying and feeling torn between her alliances to Cydney and Tai in the "Next Week" promo:

On one hand, Aubry could betray Tai or play dumb and say she really did think he was in trouble, so play the idol. But then Tai could turn on her and vote her out or not vote for her if he makes the jury and she is final three or, or, or, or… There is no way to know. My best guess is that Aubry made a move that she thought would connect her to Tai. Tai likes to play from a foundation based on moral code. He seems to respect that kind of gameplay. If that’s true, then Aubry may have just solidified her strongest alliance by showing Tai that you can trust me – “I get you, and I won’t lie to you.”

On the other hand, she could be setting him up for a bigger move by showing him – “I get you, I won’t lie to you” – right before she votes him out next week! And who knows, maybe Tai will now realize – “Wow, that was a great move. In fact, it’s too good a move I need to get her out of this game!” I’m the first to remind everybody that I have never played and would no doubt be voted out early for one reason or another.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-28-16 at 11:00 AM
Tai has mentioned at least three times that he doesn't want to go home with the idol in his pocket. We've been hit over the head with this so I do think Tai gets lulled in by his alliance and is blindsided. We're down to 6 so this is the time to do it because he should automatically play it at final 5, the last time its good.

Posted by michel2 on 04-28-16 at 11:11 AM
Yes, if you feel you can trust two players, 6 is the perfect time to use a vote doubler just in case of a 3-3 split while you keep the idol for F5. I'd play the damn thing though.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-28-16 at 11:30 AM
Agreed, this is the week to use the vote doubler.

Cydney and Michelle should have the pulled the trigger last week, but not having seen this type of advantage before, Cydney apparently felt they could wait and go after him this week.

So it will most likely come down to C/M/J wanting to vote Tai, then Aubry has to make the big decision alluded to in the preview if she goes along. It would make it very interesting if Tai shared the advantage info with Aubry.

Posted by Bebo on 05-03-16 at 01:32 PM
It makes a lot more sense to play the doubler at 6 than at 5. At 5, the extra vote could force a tie, while at 6 it can really turn which alliance is going to be in charge for the endgame.

"S32E12 Press Release"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-28-16 at 07:53 PM

A COMBINATION OF BALANCE AND TEAMWORK WILL EARN SOME CASTAWAYS A MUCH-NEEDED REWARD, ON “SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MAY 4

“Now’s the Time to Start Scheming” – A combination of balance and teamwork will earn some castaways a much-needed reward. Also, one castaway is under fire after bossing others around, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: A combo of balance & teamwork will earn some castaways a much-needed reward @SurvivorCBS #BrainsBrawnBeauty 5/4 8pm http://bit.ly/1VEbc41

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/view?id=45160

"RE: S32E12 Press Release"
Posted by michel2 on 04-28-16 at 10:03 PM
The previews tell us that Tai is starting to make decisions so he's in trouble.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-29-16 at 01:18 AM
Yep, "one castaway is under fire after bossing others around" sounds like it relates to the preview when Tai suggests Michele as a target and Cydney gets mad:

Cydney (cam. conf.): You're trying to run this show. I'm like "no."

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-16 at 07:58 AM
I have a feeling that Tai will play his advantage like a violin....and it will cost someone the ultimate price.

Posted by michel2 on 04-29-16 at 11:24 AM
Even Mark is turning on Tai. No one who will vote with him so even two votes won't be enough.

"Family visit?"
Posted by Bebo on 05-03-16 at 01:35 PM
The teaser refers to a much-needed reward, and seeing loved ones would meet the criteria.

"RE: Family visit?"
Posted by Sheldor on 05-03-16 at 05:14 PM
Possibly but typically CBS is a lot more blatant in promoting the Family Visit. The Press Images don't show Family members at the Reward Challenge.

Also the last Brains vs Beauty vs Brawn the Family Visit was very late at Final 4 in the Finale episode.

Last season (S31 Cambodia) the Press Release was:

“Tiny Little Shanks To The Heart” – Emotions run deep when loved ones visit the island, and a desperate reward challenge leaves castaways’ heads spinning

And Last season (S31 Cambodia) the preview video had this: