URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8538
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Season 34 casting rumors & speculation"

Posted by Jims03 on 04-09-16 at 02:06 PM
I didn't see another place for this, so I figured I would start a thread to start summarizing the rumors regarding Season 34. There have been a lot of rumors about the casting of this season so far. The season will be comprised entirely of returning players. Redmond originally suggested that it was almost entirely from South Pacific and later, but the current list of rumored players goes back as far as Guatemala. The rumored location for this season is Fiji.

Redmond posted a list of the current rumored players on the shortlist. This list may change and there are other players that may be in finals that he doesn't know about. All credit goes to Redmond here, this is just a summary of his info.
http://insidesurvivor.com/rumored-survivor-season-34-cast-11495

Alexis Maxwell
Andrea Boehlke
Caleb Reynolds
Carolyn Rivera
Chelsea Meissner
Cirie Fields
Danni Boatwright
Debbie Wanner
Earl Cole
Hali Ford
J.T. Thomas
John Cody
Jon Misch
LJ McKanas
Malcolm Freberg
Marty Piombo
Mike Holloway
Monica Culpepper
Natalie Anderson
Natalie Bolton
Ozzy Lusth
Peter Baggenstos
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Sarah Lacina
Sophie Clarke
Tai Trang
Troyzan Robertson
Tony Vlachos

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Season 34 casting rumors & speculation"
Posted by Jims03 on 04-09-16 at 02:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-16 AT 02:23 PM (EST)

If this list is true, this cast may have the potential to be ridiculously amazing. In particular, I'm really impressed with the set of winners that they were able to get.

Danni
Earl
J.T.
Mike
Natalie A.
Sandra
Sophie
Tony

That is a ridiculous list. An interesting mix of super dominant players, interesting personalities, crazy aggro strategists, and people I didn't think we would ever see again. The idea of Danni Boatright and Earl Cole returning to Survivor is super intriguing. J.T. coming back after a real up-and-down appearance in HvV. And can you imagine Tony and Sandra playing the game together? Natalie Anderson would be really fun in this group too. If this is the list of winners invited, we legitimately could see another two-time winner. A really solid and well-rounded set of players here.

The rest of the list has some super-intriguing names but a bunch I'm kind of tired of. I've personally had enough of Ozzy at this point, and having Monica Culpepper back doesn't do a lot for me. John Cody and L.J. are kind of strange choices as well. Peter, I kind of get from a character perspective but it's still an interesting pick. Andrea, I dunno... I like Andrea and Malcolm but kind of would rather see others get a second shot first.

I'm always up for another season of Cirie. Natalie Bolton could be an intriguing choice. Marty is one of those names that have floated around for awhile that people have been itching to see. I know people are kinda meh about him, but I would love another season of Jon Misch. I like Alexis as a cool Kelley Wentworth premerge returnee.

Posted by michel2 on 04-09-16 at 05:38 PM
Thank you for bringing this over, Jims. I'd prefer not having returning players but at least there are some interesting names in that list. Danni, Earl and Sandra are three of my favorite winners, Natalie Bolton, Marty, Troyzan and Chelsea would be fun to see again but please no 3rd or 4th timers, especially Ozzy who had a season catered for him.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-09-16 at 05:55 PM
Agreed, would love to see Danni, Earl and Sandra.

From this season, Caleb would be great but wish they'd consider Neal too.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-09-16 at 05:56 PM
P.S. Shocked no Kelly Wentworth. But maybe she doesn't want to come back so soon.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-10-16 at 10:29 AM
Rumor has it that between starting a new job and getting married, she doesn't have the time to do it. I don't need to see her again so soon!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-10-16 at 09:12 AM
So, the rumor is that 8 winners will come back.....would it be winners vs. losers? Winners vs. almost winners? Winners vs. Popular losers?

Idk about this. I had heard rumors that the last season was going to be an all winners season. May have heard that from a Probst interview at some point. Should be fun to see how it pans out!

Posted by CTgirl on 04-10-16 at 10:28 AM
The best guess I've heard is winners vs. non-winners or 3 tribes of winners vs. jury vs. prejury. Should be interesting! I'd love to see Danni, Earl and Sophie play again. They had such subtle games.

Posted by Jims03 on 04-10-16 at 01:56 PM
Yeah, I've been hearing that idea tossed around as well. Although now I wonder if they're going to mix things up to keep everyone on their toes and avoid pre-gaming.

Looking at the list of winners, I wonder if it could be a format where they give losing contestants a second chance to best the winner from their season?

Mike and Carolyn (or possibly Hali)
Natalie A. and Jon Misch
Sophie and Ozzy (no love lost there)
Sandra and Cirie? J.T.?
Tony and Sarah (or L.J.)

(Interesting that they all could be male/female rivals.)

If that were the format, then we would be missing someone from Fiji (for Earl), Guatemala (for Danni), and Tocantins (for J.T.) Unless they just want to make J.T. and Sandra winner rivals. Andrea and Malcolm would make me wonder if Cochran is on the short list. He lives in California, after all.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-11-16 at 01:24 PM
I love the idea of pairs and giving a losing contestant a second chance to best the winner from their season. But other than Sarah and Tony, I don't necessarily see a lot of rivalry or interest with many of these pairs….and I think Sophie and Ozzy would be a snoozer, but that's just me.

This leads me to question, though, whether we should read anything into Tai and Debbie being in the running? Just offhand I would say that they are both fan favorites / interesting characters in the vein of Joe (but not necessarily winners), but knowing if this is indeed theme would obviously shed more light.

Thanks for sharing, Jims!

"Updated List 4/11/2016"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-11-16 at 05:47 PM
Keep in mind these are just potential players invited to Casting Finals.

"Note: This is NOT the final cast. Between 30-40 people are invited to finals before CBS (will) eventually cut down the short-list to a final cast of 18/20. But all of these players are in contention. We will add more as we hear."

1. Alexis Maxwell | AGE: 24 | SEASON: CAGAYAN | PLACEMENT: 12TH
  2. Andrea Boehlke | AGE: 26 | SEASON: REDEMPTION ISLAND, CARAMOAN | PLACEMENT: 5TH, 7TH
  3. New! Aubry Bracco | AGE: 29 | SEASON: KAOH RONG | PLACEMENT: ?
  4. Caleb Reynolds | AGE: 28 | SEASON: KAOH RONG | PLACEMENT: 15TH (MEDEVAC)
  5. Carolyn Rivera | AGE: 54 | SEASON: WORLDS APART | PLACEMENT: CO-RUNNER-UP
  6. Chelsea Meissner | AGE: 30 | SEASON: ONE WORLD | PLACEMENT: 2ND RUNNER-UP
  7. Cirie Fields | AGE: 45 | SEASON: PANAMA, MICRONESIA, HEROES VS. VILLAINS | PLACEMENT: 4TH, 3RD, 17TH
  8. Danni Boatwright | AGE: 40 | SEASON: GUATEMALA | PLACEMENT: WINNER
  9. Debbie Wanner | AGE: 50 | SEASON: KAOH RONG | PLACEMENT: ?
  10. Earl Cole | AGE: 44 | SEASON: FIJI | PLACEMENT: WINNER
  11. Hali Ford | AGE: 26 | SEASON: WORLDS APART | PLACEMENT: 11TH
  12. New! Jeff Varner | AGE: 49 | SEASON: AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK, CAMBODIA | PLACEMENT: 10TH, 17TH
  13. J.T. Thomas | AGE: 31 | SEASON: TOCANTINS, HEROES VS. VILLAINS | PLACEMENT: WINNER, 10TH
  14. John Cody | AGE: 32 | SEASON: BLOOD VS. WATER | PLACEMENT: 13TH
  15. Jon Misch | AGE: 28 | SEASON: SAN JUAN DEL SUR | PLACEMENT: 6TH
  16. New! Jonathan Penner | AGE: 54 | SEASON: COOK ISLANDS, MICRONESIA, PHILIPPINES | PLACEMENT: 7TH, 15TH (MEDEVAC), 7TH
  17. LJ McKanas | AGE: 37 | SEASON: CAGAYAN | PLACEMENT: 9TH
  18. Malcolm Freberg | AGE: 28 | SEASON: PHILIPPINES, CARAMOAN | PLACEMENT: 4TH, 9TH
  19. Marty Piombo | AGE: 54 | SEASON: NICARAGUA | PLACEMENT: 11TH
  20. Mike Holloway | AGE: 39 | SEASON: WORLDS APART | PLACEMENT: WINNER
  21. Monica Culpepper | AGE: 45 | SEASON: ONE WORLD, BLOOD VS. WATER | PLACEMENT: 14TH, RUNNER-UP
  22. Natalie Anderson | AGE: 29 | SEASON: SAN JUAN DEL SUR | PLACEMENT: WINNER
  23. Natalie Bolton | AGE: 40 | SEASON: MICRONESIA | PLACEMENT: 4TH
  24. Ozzy Lusth | AGE: 34 | SEASON: COOK ISLANDS, MICRONESIA, SOUTH PACIFIC | PLACEMENT: RUNNER-UP, 9TH, 4TH
  25. Peter Baggenstos | AGE: 35 | SEASON: KAOH RONG | PLACEMENT: 12TH
  26. New! Sabrina Thompson | AGE: 38 | SEASON: ONE WORLD | PLACEMENT: RUNNER-UP
  27. Sandra Diaz-Twine | AGE: 41 | SEASON: PEARL ISLANDS, HEROES VS. VILLAINS | PLACEMENT: WINNER, WINNER
  28. Sarah Lacina | AGE: 32 | SEASON: CAGAYAN | PLACEMENT: 11TH
  29. Sophie Clarke | AGE: 26 | SEASON: SOUTH PACIFIC | PLACEMENT: WINNER
  30. Tai Trang | AGE: 52 | SEASON: KAOH RONG | PLACEMENT: ?
  31. Troyzan Robertson | AGE: 54 | SEASON: ONE WORLD | PLACEMENT: 8TH
  32. Tony Vlachos | AGE: 42 | SEASON: CAGAYAN | PLACEMENT: WINNER

Posted by kingfish on 04-11-16 at 09:28 PM
So, we're speculating on Season 34 because Season 33 is shooting right now?

Has Season 33 already been spoiled?

Posted by Jims03 on 04-11-16 at 11:21 PM
I don't think so. I think it's just known that S33 is new players and S34 is returnees.

I only really follow casting rumors, though, so I might be wrong.