URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8536
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32|Ep 8|East Coast Spoiler Thread|Jocks vs Pretty People"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 07:20 PM
You know the drill! Please post all comments regarding episode 8 here in the ECST until the show has had a chance to air in it's entirety. And, don't forget, no siggies please!

Have PHUN!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Previously On Survivor..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 08:04 PM
After the merge, brain and brawn were trying to court Beauty over to their side, debbie wasted no time, but it back fired...alienating the brains, leaving the beauty's with an easy decision to unite with brawn. For the brains things went from bad to worse when Neal fell victim to the elements. Once again, the game has changed, 10 left....

see Scot talking, then Jason, we are all here,
Joe: today I don't feel powerful at all we lost Neal, the 3 of us...so, we are low on the them pole, we are in a state of flux, need to put my thinking cap on....see he Beauty's and brawn still sticking to it,
Jason has cons: we are staying together, Neal could have gone home with an idol, we are safe, 7 to 3, vote for Debbie, or Aubry....nice and simple....Aubry approaches...
Aubry: I can sense what is going on, it's totally like hs. the tough guys and around them are the girls that are a little pretty that get along with them and the nerdy girls are on the outside, the jocks and pretty people aren't going to sit pretty forever...get old....if I find a crack, may find my way in!

"Post intro...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 08:16 PM
Scot was mocking people....Previously on Survivor was one, and the other was Forest Gump...."Survivor is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get

camp: Jason talking about his daughter...she has autism, fairly bad, she is in kindergarten, therapy 3 X a week, Ot, PT, Jason said she wasn't going to use his daughters to get a head but if someone asks me, but he will tell the truth, shine a light on it, every cent I make goes to paying for her needs
says it is way more popular than people believe, I am not this just deviant muscle that people believe

Sydney: talks about Jason seen all aspects of this, hello, could see that he will be more of a challenge to beat at the end. at this point it's my own game who I can trust, who can I beat, think of the big picture at this point, who do I trust who can I beat.

RC: Come on in...

divide into two teams of 5, race out, use stepping poles from one platform to another then get all 5 members to top of platform together, playing for ice cream...wet your appetite, inspire your motivation...sharing one bowl...Aubry starts...ice cream delivered to their camp feast till belly is full.

school yard pick: Julia: Scot, Nick, Tai, Debbie,
Aubry: Sydney michele, joe and jason

Go...transfer one person using these poles, Julia and Aubry will be the ones transported...Aubry moving to 2nd pole...Aubry falls in, takes a "dump"...Aubry again falls
Julia moving further along, once figure it out can move quickly...Aubry falls again....Aubry falls again...Michele is trying....Julia is doing well but she is standing now, Jiffy says all you need is a little rhythm...Michele falls...Julia is getting closer, Julia is in trouble...but she's okay, cydney is now going to give it a go...Cydney goes in Julia is across, everyone gets up on the platform....they are all going, now get up to the other platform, all five get up to the tower...Scots feet are bigger than the platform...Yellow team wins, Scot, Nicke, Debbie, and Tai, Julia....Julia you clearly made the right choices, ice cream for you to enjoy...
Aubry: when peoples make that decision ....I feel like one bad decision is an avalanche right more, I wanted so much more than this...
first neal was out, then I picked a team, it sucked, I wanted so much more than this, cries I feel like I am making bad decision after bad decision....sucks.

"Post IC..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 08:43 PM
Aubry crying over not winning ice-cream...?

Dara day 20....here the bell ringing and the ice-cream cart is there....Scot gets confessional: the winning tribe gets the ice cream...Tai said I wish we could share, the other 5 got to be in purgatory and listen to us eat ice-cream
Debbie: the IC was an awesome treat, wonderful moment to be full and stocked with glucose didn't feel sorry for them one bit
Jason says you won ice-cream don't have to be quiet
Michele: Jason thinks he's in charge, I respected the way they handled it...
Scot talking to others, my mom is in assisted living, the inverse of ALS...Nick asks if he is religious and he says no, but my whole world revolves around my family, I chose the NBA, so I would like to help them even more, that's why I am here
Julia: the perfect opportunity to build a bond, I like scot, like having him on my team he's awesome

Day 21...see the chicken....see Debbie exercising....see Julia Michele Cydney and Tai in the boat....rowing
boys at camp....Scot talking about Joe, he'
s a sleep in the hammock....Scot is saying are they building an all girls all.
Nick: scot and Jason are worried about an all girls all....they want to vote out a girl, debbie or aubrey
Nick: after th girls get back, I want to get with Julia get on the same page, nothing happened on the boat today? no, Scot and Jason said that they are worried about an all girls all.

Sydney: she's listening to Nick....one thing about nick, he is the most indiscreet person on this island, how stupid do you think I am. ...Nick came back and looked at Jason and scot she didn't say anything...
Sydney tells all of them that Nick you asked if we had an all girls alliance, why didn't you ask me...Cydney calls Nick out
Jason: Scot myself and Nick, talked about an all girls all, Nick asked, and she got all pissed off, paranoia is going to set in...

Sydney is mad....the boys can talk to whoever but when the girls talk they get pissed, irritated Cydney will blow the whole game up, oh no no no , I will call out your idol, they want to vote out Debbie or Aubry but if the guys got to go, they got to go!

"IC...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 08:54 PM
Come on in guys...they all come in....see Julia....Nick gives it back, you didn't need it but nice to know you can win it! Balance on very narrow perch holding a handle over your head if let go the handle or your foot comes off, then you are out. some one will be voted out, see Aubry and Debbie!

Here we go...both feels have to stay on the perch, this challenge is on....see Scot, everybody looks good, 10 people left, will hurt and will hurt fast, see Tai, struggling early....early signs of pain
5 minutes, a nice hot sunny day....any one want to own up they are already feeling it....dEbbie says this is worse than Iwhat I imagined....se Tai struggle, my back, hot sun, will get worse, but some of you feel very comfortable about not going home, I will tempt you right now, this is your one and only chance for temptation for food, Am I willing to step down and get food , Julia is off, she can't do it. Jiffy says I am so sorry I missed that, you will not participate in this, pizza brownies, hotdogs, cold drinks, Jason wants to do it, have 10 seconds...here we go....Scot Joe, Jason, Michele, 5 seconds, Tai said, Nick, stayed....Michele, Scot, Jason, Joe all stepped off for food...

Tai did you consider stepping down, I want to finish this thing, don't want the brain to get it....that was a bold statement, it's obvious at this pint it's one of ;those three, Joe aubry and debbie are on the chopping block and debbie cannot take it....steps down...out of challenge with no food, how is that going down Jason? beautifully

4 people left for shot of immunity, Aubry steps down, then right behind, Nick drops...down to two...Nick: you stepped down and give up immunity, it was a decision to make sure all the brains were out, hope it's not bitter sweet, Scot says, it won't be buddy...chickle
Tai says are you feeling numb? Nope I am just peachy
30 minutes
Tai wants to see how far he can go, she can't be that strong, sometimes they are like brick, I am resilient, I went to war, refugee camp...I am resilient
tai and Cydney: same mind set...40 minutes...Tai, for all of the pain you are in, one second at a time, I am calling buddy, faith in buddha...cydney looks over at him....she is fading...and she steps off....they both collapse to the ground, Tai wins IC....he lays with her....ahhh my back, he helps her up, and kisses her...good job!

Tai comes over, runs over....hugs Jeff, good effort, never gave up, see Nick...then Jason, then Aubry, keep fighting all the way until we vote, see Cydney
Tai: tonight all the beauty vote for debbie, all the brain vote for Aubry, I won the immunity necklace, I earned it, it was one heck of an immunity challenge!

"Pre TC Drama...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 09:11 PM
see monkey chicken, stay 22, amazing Tai....way to suffer, man, cydney you were like a statue, I will make you dinner, says debbie.
Nick: the plan for tonight split votes between Debbie and Aubrey, if idol, it will get out, debbie should be going home

see him walking off with aubry

continues: and Aubry is in a weak position so somebody has to take advantage of it so I will !

see them talk: Nick tells her they they are splitting i between you or debbie....my suggestion would be to vote for debbie, I have to take advantage of it, I know I am acting arrogant,

this is not like me, but no on his taking advantage of her, so I will she can't do anything about it....

see Debbie:

Sydney: at the IC Nick is so arrogant, he is rubbing me the wrong way...we need to strike now, wants to take Nick out...

Debbie: let's take out nick, I was hoping to take out Jason or Scot, but the early bird catches the worm

Sydney: I want all the girls to stay to gather as much as possible, I will be the first one to make a move in this game
see cydney talking to Michele and Julia, asking if they are close to Nick...
Sydney asks them if they would vote for Nick tonight
Michele: Cydney wants to get Nick out but he is in my alliance, so I don't know if that works for me right now, there are a lot of choices right now, so it's trying to figure out whats right for me and Julia
Julia tells Michele that if we vote Nick out Jason will be gunning of run
Michele: I want to make a move, it's all figuring out timing...see them walk to TC

Nick and Michele at their first TC...

Neal comes in, well enough to be here tonight...

Michele: avoiding tribal for 23 days, is best, but something about coming here stirs the survivor juices...
dEbbie what di d you notice when this group came tighter. we all stayed together, but brawn and beauty merged and we are not
Aubry: who is tighter: names all the beauty and brawn
I was running around because there is nothing I can do to get movement out of them, of that 7, someone is on the bottom
Jason: have a great plan as long as everyone sticks with it
go to 7 and battle it out from there
Scot: how do you make sure they stay together? make sure you don't have 6 days between TC. He thinks the 7 is pretty strong
Tai says we didn't think there was an idol, something about a super idol too, see Jason and Tai...and Scot are what? Tai says he thought everybody knew....Debbie: Jeff, somebody is on the bottom....if that doesn't tell you that you are on the bottom....she says that to Tai
Tai is worried, he doesn't know if he is being fooled.
Debbie: I always have hope...
Aubry: do you expect votes, yes
scot is there a blindside or as predicted? predicted
Votes:

Jason votes Aubrey: sorry girl it's a split
Nick: votes debby, see you later, it's been fun
dEbbie votes nick: over confidence is a weakness
see Cydney

Aubry
Debby
Nick
Aubry
Jason
Nick
Nick
Nick
Nick

See cydney, scot, julia
Debbie smiles
Nick, the tribe has spoken
he doesn't say anything
see jason and scot
as long as you keep fighting anything can happen

Next time on Survivor

After a blindside the men take vengeance
see them gathering the machete and tools, ax, we are going to try to starve them
it's psychological warfare
and it tears the woman apart
Julia, you are playing both sides and sometimes the person in the middle gets run over

Nick had first and last TC, bitter sweet and I deserve it, a blindside for sure, and I just didn't see it, I should have punched before they did and I just didn't, that's all! He's a graceful loser, at least!

Man, congrats to those that had Nick! I really thought it would be either Jason or Scot, thought they would use Nick a bit longer...

For next week, looks like Julia could be in trouble, or is that misdirection?

"Why am I all by my lonesome in here?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 09:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-16 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

Where is everybody?

Votes:

Debby: Nick
Jason: Aubry
Nick: Debby
Scot: Aubry
Tai: Jason
Julia: Nick
Joe: Nick
Aubry: Nick
Michele: Nick
Sydney: Nick

I think the girls turning on themselves could be misdirection...with the girls plus Joe it's 6 to 3, and Tai wants Jason out. So, it will be a guy next week, I think...either Jason or Scot...

"RE: Why am I all by my lonesome in here?"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-06-16 at 09:16 PM
*waves*

I just got back to the hotel about a half hour ago so I haven't had a chance to watch the full episode. I'll catch the rest of it online tomorrow - being in the U.S. has its advantages as I can access CBS's videos on their sites without being blacked out.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-16 at 09:19 PM
Thanks for posting FP! I really appreciate it!

I've been reading your posts and amazed how you can take such copious notes in real time! I barely write down a few words and the action gets ahead of me!

I thought the girls + Joe would voted out Nick (safer than voting Jason/Scot or Tai).

Didn't expect Tai to vote for Jason!
I guess Tai felt Jason was trying to dupe him.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-16 at 09:25 PM
"I think the girls turning on themselves could be misdirection...with the girls plus Joe it's 6 to 4, and Tai wants Jason out. So, it will be a guy next week, I think...either Jason or Scot..."

There will only be 9 players next week so it will be Girls plus Joe 6 to 3 (Jason, Scot, Tai) or 7 to 2 if Tai joins them and they could put 4 on Jason and 3 on Scot and force the idol to be played and Scot would go home.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-06-16 at 10:47 PM
Thanks, FloPo! I was working late so just watched a quick DVR of tonight's episode but really appreciate having your play by play.

Wow, what was up with Tai's Super Idol leak at TC? And then he voted for Jason. Hmmm. We obviously were not shown everything. Was he set up for that or was it just a dumb move on his part? Can't wait to see the fallout.

Nick was a total smarmy douche tonight, back to full overconfident Nick mode. So glad he's gone.

Gotta love Cydney. She once again was shown as perceptive. And loved Aubry's Cochran line at TC. Good episodes for Michelle and Debbie.

Interesting possible foreshadowing of Julia working with Scott / the guys.

Jason's and Scott's personal content talking about their families with the background music was also very interesting. Cydney and others now see them as jury threats, which I find funny given their boorish behavior.

Feeling like I agree with what someone said in the Editing thread -- we sure are being hit over the head with the Aubry underdog story. Does she cockroach her way to the end? Or is she getting a Spencer-esque edit where she has great quotes that tie with the themes of the season and says perceptive things but can't win? She sure cries a lot and beats herself up and talks about everything she did wrong. It's almost the epitome of under-confidence vs. the guys who are overconfident. As she herself says, though, this is a season where a "misfit" could come from behind and win. (And they did show Debbie, by the way, when she said that.)

Posted by michel2 on 04-06-16 at 11:35 PM
I'll try to answer those questions in the editing thread but you will have to give me time to sort through all that info.

Posted by michel2 on 04-06-16 at 11:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-16 AT 11:41 PM (EST)

Tai's vote for Jason is extremely interesting. What was his motive? I think it ties to his TC comment about the super-idol and I see two possibilities:

1- Tai made a mistake when he revealed the super idol and it really irritated Jason who said something that wasn't shown. Tai then voted against Jason to show the bounty hunter not to mess with him.

2- Tai knew exactly what he was doing when he mentioned the existence of the super idol and he intended to vote against Jason all along to anger him even more. He wants to get everyone against Jason because he will need a lot of voters to flush the idol.

And to answer your question, FP, we are all in awe of your quick and accurate fingers so we just sit back, read your comments and post afterwards! Actually, I have to work until 9:00PM so I watch the show as soon as I get home and then I read your thread.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-09-16 at 01:58 PM
I was also wondering if Tai knew exactly what he was doing, but Jeff (in EW) and Nick (in his post-game interviews) say it was a mistake.

Nick says that at the last minute, Julie/Aubrey wanted to switch the vote to Jason vs. Nick. This would make more sense from their standpoint since Nick is their ally and it would split up the Jason/Scot pair.

According to Nick, Cydney and Aubry would have gone along with this, but Debbie says it's too late to switch the target and they need to stick with Nick because Joe was already told and is set on Nick and he'd get mixed up and possibly vote incorrectly. (This cracks me up, especially after the snoring scene last episode.) So the girls stuck with Nick but Tai didn't hear that part and apparently still thought the girls were voting Jason and went along.

It will be interesting to see how Tai deals with the aftermath of his mistake. Guess Scott and Jason really don't have much choice but to stick with him since they need his idol for any glimmer of hope in making the super idol.

"Congrats"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-06-16 at 11:02 PM
Way to go Tribe, Coldbrewer and Sheldor for voting correctly for Nick!

"Congrats and a question"
Posted by michel2 on 04-06-16 at 11:33 PM
Yes, I want to congratulate those who guessed right. I was mostly hoping that Nick would stay longer.

I'd like to ask a question: I saw a thread about a major spoiler. While I don't want to know its content can someone just tell me if it is legitimate? I like to read all the comments and responses but I don't want to run into too much information.

"RE: Congrats and a question"
Posted by CTgirl on 04-06-16 at 11:52 PM
The spoiler hasn't been posted here yet. Some people over at Reddit analyzed the Ponderosa intro footage from Second Chances and realized that the people in it were jury members from Koah Rong. They think by process of elimination that they know the final 3. IMO, probably legit but not definite.

"Thank You"
Posted by michel2 on 04-06-16 at 11:56 PM
So you mean there was a Ponderosa video posted during the last season with people from this season on it? Talk about production gufu but why did it surface just now though?

Thank you for the info though because I'll assume it's legit and that some posters are aware of the details.

"RE: Thank You"
Posted by Outsider32 on 04-07-16 at 01:12 AM
This was what I was concerned about and I was not going to post the spoiler until I kind of felt like I was cornered.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-07-16 at 09:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-16 AT 09:57 AM (EST)

I don't know if you've found a way to watch the Ponderosa videos but they have become slick productions with the same beginning each time - a montage of Survivor images (sand, torches etc). In the Second Chances montage there is a brief view of a group of people's legs walking on the pier at Ponderosa. Someone identified everyone's legs! And therefore extrapolated that the people missing are the final 3. However Neal is also missing in that shot! But I'd still avoid any talk of that video.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-09-16 at 02:03 PM
CTGirl, I have not seen this -- where is it posted?

Also, I'm unclear how would a group of legs walking on the beach from last season's Ponderosa get extrapolated to this season's F3? Wouldn't "missing" legs mean they're voted out already vs. F3? I'm obviously missing something.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-10-16 at 10:43 AM
Video Spoiler discussion from Reddit

Squid, these group of legs were seen at the beginning of every Ponderosa video for Second Chances. This poster started to realize by comparing shoes, infection spots etc that the people featured in Second Chances were the Survivors from Koah Rong and from there, if they were in Ponderosa to film the video, they had already been voted out. The missing people in the video = final 3. I hope that makes sense now!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-11-16 at 10:56 AM
Thanks, CTgirl! Wow, that would be a major goof on CBS' part, but I guess since this season was filmed first, I could see how it happened.

Don't think I want to see the Spoiler just yet, because I'm enjoying the ambiguity of this seasons edit, but just wondering how they know it's in essence the jury vs. part of the group's legs walking to a challenge or reward. Guess if you see the shot it becomes more clear, but wondering could it be that we just don't see all the legs. And wouldn't the jury walking together be at night vs. day so harder to tell? Sorry if these are dumb questions!

Posted by CTgirl on 04-11-16 at 11:24 AM
Based on editing, it could be accurate but I'm not 100% sold.

They are walking on a pier at Ponderosa so they are not going anywhere specific! It's definitely posed.

That portion has since been removed from this season's Ponderosa video intro. I think they did it for second chances and then forgot that it was in there - typical CBS!!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-11-16 at 11:29 AM
Very interesting. Thank you!

"RE: Congrats"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-07-16 at 07:16 AM
Yes, congrats to all of you that picked Nick! Awesome job! Man, at the end of the last episode it was so clear to us that Nick was going, but it's what happens in the week that gets your mind wondering. He was the clear CTGirl Theory candidate with the first preview promo. If we stood on that alone, we would have all nailed it! D'oh!

Well, we are all going down the same path, we knew it would be one of the cocky, confident males going. I was really disappointed with Nick's game play as an RHAP blogger though. Why, oh why, was he so cocky and arrogant. Seems for a life coach he doesn't have much self awareness....coming across as arrogant is the kiss of death on this show. I knew Jason wasn't going to be the boot as soon as he opened his mouth about his daughter with Autism.

But, hooray for Cydney, she was the key that is giving all of the girls a chance.

I got the feeling that Tai didn't realize what he had said with the super idol. He must have listened to Jason in regard to something and he couldn't keep it a secret. Jason and Scot looked pi$$ed that he spoke like that. I think he felt betrayed by Jason and therefore threw him the vote. Tai is a player that is being underestimated by most of them out there, as is Debbie. Debbie seems to connect with people in a very empathetic and gentle way, but I loved her snarky confessional: "didn't feel sorry for them one bit", when she won reward and ice cream!

"RE: Congrats"
Posted by CTgirl on 04-07-16 at 10:04 AM
Just watched the Ponderosa video with Nick. He was gracious in defeat but he still has a huge ego! "The peasants revolted against the king." He will never be successful at this game. I do think a lot of what you conjectured about Scot and Jason will come to fruition soon.

I just want to throw this out there - I think Julia could be our third evac. I first thought that after her exile beach scene where she was portrayed as sick and dehydrated when it really wasn't an issue at that point. Then this week, she commented after Neal's evacuation that she had better make sure she keeps her cuts clean. They probably put Joe on antibiotics and his infections are under control.