URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8532
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Week speculation regarding votes...."

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-04-16 at 09:09 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-16 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

Last week I think most of us noticed how confident some are; Jason, Scot and Nick.

Michel, in the editing thread, compares this past merge episode, with no TC due to a medivac to San Juan Del Sur's merge episode, where they also had a medivac, Julie, instead of a TC. In that season everyone that seemed over confident was misdirection for the following events. One could say that is exactly what this past episode seems to have spun as well. Aubry on the bottom, brains on the bottom makes me believe that all the brains will be safe.

Last episode we saw that they were all after Nick and Michele. This week in the promos, it touts Brawn vs. Beauty. Knowing that the three most confident people in the game are Jason, Scot, and Nick, it's probable that one of them is going down, ripe for a big blindside. After all, Aubry just told us Survivor is like a roller coaster, one moment is the highest high, and then next is the ultimate low. So, let's try to theorize and see if one of us can predict the events to follow in episode 8.

In the promos:

1. Michele wants the girls to stick together. She tells this to Julia and Cydney
2. Cydney tells Debbie and Aubry that they have to strike now, and Debbie likes the idea that...
3. Jason cuts Cydney off about something, and Cydney is pi$$ed. She let's him have it.
4. Jason recognizes that at some point people will be paranoid.
5. Jason still wants to pick the brains off 1 by 1.
6. Michele wants to make a move
7. Julia tells Michele, she agrees, we're going to have to do something at some point.

This intimates that Michele and Julia are making a move that affects TC. It also intimates that Cydney, Debbie, and Aubry are as well, and if it doesn't work, "oh well!"

We also know that: Cydney knows that Jason has the idol. Nick knows that Tai has an idol. (Michele probably also knows that Tai has an idol.)

I think the number one on Michele, Julia's, Aubry's, Debbie's, Joe's hit list is Jason.
We know that Michele wants to girls to work together, but we see Cydney plotting with Aubry and Debbie. The question is what will Cydney do? Her alliance mates are Jason and Scot. Would she go against them? Would she commit to the girls? While, otoh, Michele's closest alliance mates are Nick and Julia. Would she go against Nick? The brains are in the middle and would obviously go after anyone that is not one of them. Whatever Michele and Julia decide to do, will they tell Nick? Whatever Cydney does will she tell the big boys?

Potentially, you have Michele, Aubry, Debbie, Joe, Julia, Nick vs. Jason, Scot, Tai, Cydney. No one knows who has an idol. If Cydney goes with Debbie/Aubry and the larger group, they could try to split votes to flush the idol....4 votes on Jason, 3 votes on Nick or Scot. Then Jason, Scot, Tai split votes for Aubry/Debbie.....thinking that Nick, Cydney, Julia, and Michele are with them? Tie between Jason and Debbie, revote, Jason goes when Tai doesn't play his idol to save him.....or something like this...

how could Nick go? Perhaps Michele makes a deal with Cydney if they vote out Nick now, she will vote out Scot/Jason next? Or, they can agree to split votes between the two, Jason and Nick?

They could decide to split votes between Jason and Scot, Jason plays his idol for himself and Scot goes?

Let's try to think of all possible scenarios!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Week speculation regarding votes...."
Posted by michel2 on 04-04-16 at 02:47 PM
Nice post, FP but for accuracy, Julie quit.

For now, I think we'll see a split vote Jason/Scot and Scot leaves due to Jason playing his idol.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-04-16 at 03:10 PM
Great food for stuff FP!

Reminder of the Press Release

“The Jocks vs. The Pretty People” –
The merge creates a power struggle between the remaining members of the brawn and beauty tribes.
Also, rumors of an all-girl alliance cause problems for one castaway

And Jeff EW Tease

Sometimes one event can change everything and Neal’s evacuation is definitely a turning point.
You’re going to see moves start to be made from here on out.
And a great immunity challenge!

(Note: We already saw this challenge last week in the Challenge Preview posted by mistake)

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-04-16 at 04:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-16 AT 04:30 PM (EST)

Yes, I think Jason and Scot are the most cocky of them all and I think are therefore the number one target by most out there. I think that Aubry will utter the words the Brawn vs. the Pretty People....and she's already told us that she would like out Jason or Scot, but she's going to start playing now, as Jiffy touts, "we'll see moves start to be made from here on out", and do't forget Michele, telling us she's ready to make a move. She really sees Jason as the king pin.

If the girls gang together then:

Debbie/Aubry/Michele/Julia/Cydney plus Joe~he'll do whatever the brain girls tell him to do, plus, I think Michele would get Nick pulled in too....7 vs. 3

4 votes Jason, 3 votes Scot, 3 votes Debbie or Aubry.

Will Jason play his idol?

Shouldn't a case be made for a Nick boot as well?

Posted by michel2 on 04-04-16 at 10:57 PM
Yes, it could be Nick but then it wouldn't be Brains vs Brawn.

"Jocks vs. Pretty People"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-05-16 at 08:07 AM
Title is spoken most likely by Aubrey. The Brains are in the middle, and she could be noting where do we, (the brains), go? Who do we stand the best chance with? Do they go with the jocks or the pretty people. If they go with the jocks, it could be Nick. If they go with the pretty people, it will be a brawn.

"Joe?"
Posted by Jims03 on 04-04-16 at 07:08 PM
Kinda thinking out loud here. But is there a way for Joe to be booted this week?

I'm wondering about how heavy-handed the preview is, hyping up the power vacuum away from the Jason/Scot duo. There's a part of me that wonders if this is classic misdirection and we're heading toward at least one more week of a Brains Pagonging? This is the kind of preview they would do constantly in the older years.

But they're also keeping this narrative about a woman winning and an all female alliance. Would it be possible that the two Venn diagrams meet and they agree to just knock off Joe? Scot/Jason want another Brain. Nick still kinda likes Aubry. Michele/Julia/Cydney are considering voting out the boys. Maybe there's general suspicion about Aubry having Neal's idol and they settle on the "safe" option of Joe.

Food for thought. Not sure if I completely buy this scenario yet, but I haven't seen Joe's name at all as a potential boot this week.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-05-16 at 11:32 AM
I have been so wrong this year that I can't even speculate, lol!

A few things to note -

There are no press photos to date for this week. My guess is that they are hiding something, but what? Another evac? Or a big player (in their minds) gets voted off and they don't want anything giving it away.

Scott Pollard said that he wanted to outlast any of the other professional athletes. I think Jeff Kent has the record for longest lasting at 22 days. This tribal council will be Day 22.

I really want Nick to get booted so that probably means Scott is going home. I agree, I think one of the two of them will be headed to Ponderosa.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-16 at 06:07 PM
CT Girl

"Scott Pollard said that he wanted to outlast any of the other professional athletes. I think Jeff Kent has the record for longest lasting at 22 days. This tribal council will be Day 22."

Wouldn't the record be NFL Pro Quarterback Gary ("Hawkins") Hogeboom on Survivor Guatemala who lasted 30 days and came in 7th place?

Also Winner Jeremy Collins played Professional Indoor Football and Winner Ethan Zohn played Professional Soccer but I assume Scot Pollard is probably only talking about NBA, NFL, and MLB.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-06-16 at 06:22 PM
Thanks Sheldor. I didn't realize Gary lasted that long!

He has already outlasted Uncle Cliffy!