URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8530
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Future Idol Speculation"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-01-16 at 03:01 PM
Taking the discussion regarding idols out of the vidcap thread and giving it a thread of it's own. A place to discuss future speculation around the idols.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Episode 8...Jocks vs Pretty People"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-01-16 at 03:10 PM
Questions:

Neal's idol is no longer in the game, so will another idol be hidden? I think most likely there will be another put into play. They really want to try this "super idol" concept and there are still 10 people left in the game, plenty of time to play them.

Audrey was the only one that knew that Neal had an idol, will she spin something from this?

Jason has an idol. So far Scot and Cydney are the only 2 that know this.
Tai has an idol. Scot, Jason, Nick all know that he has one. (Will Nick tell Michele that Tai has the idol?)

Foreshadowing vibes:

1. Scot feels safe because he's with Jason, but I feel that Jason will not save Scot with his idol.
2. Jason feels that he is unstoppable because he has all the power knowing that he and Tai have the idols. I get the feeling that Jason will be voted out without using his idol, banking on Tai, but then Tai won't save him either.
3. Tai is afraid of going home with the idol in his pocket, but wants to save it to use for himself

"RE: Episode 8...Jocks vs Pretty People"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-16 at 04:44 PM
Interesting spec. I think they will put another idol into play as well. Tai, Jason and Cydney all know how they've been hidden up to now, which might give them a leg up in searching, but will they continue that method going forward? There could also be a group reward and a clue given there.

Re Neal's idol: I think almost everyone thought he had it (based on Jason/Scott telling Nick). Also, here's what Neal had to say in one of his post-game interviews about what happened right before he got pulled, which implies others might think she now has the idol:

"….Aubry and I walked around just a tiny bit, and I gave her my jacket. I put some things in the pocket of the jacket, that I pulled out of some other pockets in my pants. So (they) didn’t know whether or not I gave Aubry the idol. There’s also the thought that sometimes the threat of an idol is even more powerful than the idol itself. Idols get played, but if you don’t know if somebody has it or not, that threat can go on for some time."

"RE: Episode 8...Jocks vs Pretty People"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-01-16 at 07:36 PM
"Tai, Jason and Cydney all know how they've been hidden up to now,"

Scot also knows how the idols were hidden.

"….Aubry and I walked around just a tiny bit, and I gave her my jacket. I put some things in the pocket of the jacket, that I pulled out of some other pockets in my pants. So (they) didn’t know whether or not I gave Aubry the idol. "

A picture is worth a thousand words...

Note: I also posted this photo in the "Post-game interviews and press " thread.