URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8528
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32 | Vidcap Analysis | Ep. 08 "Jocks VS Pretty People" *no sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 03-31-16 at 10:50 PM
Place ep8 caps here and then discuss those ep8 caps here as well.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post-Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-31-16 at 10:53 PM
Transcript and VidCaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

JP: Next time on Survivor...

JP: ...the Brains are on the outs and hoping for a miracle...

Aubry (cam. conf.): The jocks and the pretty people aren't going to sit pretty forever.

JP: ...but just when things seem set in stone...

Jason: I just want us to be careful.

Cydney: No, I asked a question.

Jason (cam. conf.): Paranoia is going to kick in at a certain point.

JP: ...it all starts to crumble.

Cydney (talking to Jason): Like, don't check me.

Cydney (cam. conf.): Irritating Cydney will blow the whole game up.

"RE: Post-Show Promo"
Posted by coldbrewer on 03-31-16 at 11:50 PM
Don't check me meaning don't blame me. So Nick saying something to Jason saying Cydney said something? Maybe Cydney gets some of the brains and beauties to flip the vote onto Nick?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-16 at 01:53 AM
This scene between Jason and Cydney could tie to this part of this week's clues: "Rumors of an all-girl alliance cause problems for one castaway."

But I have a feeling this is misdirection for this week.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-01-16 at 08:33 AM
Yes, the riff between Cydney and Jason is most likely misdirection for this week, but there is something to it that could start something unraveling down the road. I bet it is related to the clue regarding, Rumors of an all-girl alliance cause problems for one castaway....good call, Squid.

How many times have we specifically seen Debbie planting that seed, that she wants a girl to win? Debbie has to be at the heart of that one, and it has ramifications for Cydney, perhaps.Jiffy touts, It all starts to crumble....that sounds pretty ominous, if not for now, then for later. But, with Aubry hitting rock bottom, she could be at the heart of the problem!

But, the first misdirection clue had to do with the merge creates a power struggle between Brawn and Beauty.

So, last week we saw where everyone aligned...

It was: Jason, Scot, Cydney, Tai, Julia, Nick, and Michele

Vs.

Debbie, Neal, Joe, Aubry

Nick and Michele told us that they would go with the Brawns for now. But, now that it is Brawn vs. Beauty, is it:

Jason, Scot, Cydney vs. Nick, Tai, Julia, Michele

Tai already told us that his number one alliance is Scot. So, I still count Tai with the Brawn.

Jiffy tells us that one move can change the game and apparently that is just what happens when Neal is evacuated for Aubry. it's now 7 vs 3, and Aubry is going to do some serious playing. Her move is going to switch this around. So, for me, I highly doubt one of the brains will go home.

I think we have to consider that one of the big boys is going down. Could be Nick, or, it could be either Scot or Jason...

The brains were seriously courting Nick last week, I still think their primary targets are Scot and Jason, fwiw. I am not discounting Nick, but I don't want Jason or Scot to be discounted either at this point...fwiw.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-01-16 at 12:09 PM
with you 100%. In fact I had a little commentary formulating last night, that ended up on the cutting room floor, outlining exactly what you've said.

Because of Neal's exit, the beauties now have the numbers advantage. But do they stick with the old plan of stuffing geeks in lockers and boot Aubry, or do they finally decide to turn the numbers around and cut the brawns off at the knees?
The title designates that Jason/Scot/Cydney (and Tai) are against Nick, Michele and Julia.
I too feel that brains are safe, I also add in the women as safe this week too. So, for me (and apparently FP as well) that leaves Jason/Scot or Nick is our bootee this week.

Going one further... with Jason holding an idol (and just in case, Tai's as well) the vote is DEFINITELY going to be affected by idol's (whether regular or super) and in that case Nick is by far the most vulnerable.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-01-16 at 12:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-16 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

Totally agree as well.

Jeff's teaser for this week also seems to indicate this direction. I posted this in another thread, but his hints of "One event can change everything" and "moves start to be made" lead me to believe that Nick and Michele would have definitely gone with Brawn last night, but now that Neal and his HII are gone, it makes the Brains look far less threatening. It also gives Aubry etc. 3 more days to scramble. And perhaps Jason and Scott have 3 more days to be annoying and turn off Michelle or some of the other women. That's my gut.

ETA: Tribe, great point about Nick being the one without the protection of the idol. I've always felt that Scott gets screwed over by Jason/the idol in some way eventually as well.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-01-16 at 02:25 PM
Let's keep in mind too that Tai mentioned twice that he hopes he doesn't go home with the idol in his pocket. At the time, we all thought that he would get evacuated but it looks like his wounds are healing. I don't think he's at risk this week but he could get blind-sided at some point (or doesn't use it to help save Scott and the idol expires at F5).

"Don't check me...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-02-16 at 10:00 AM
I think, don't check me, in this sense means, don't correct me.....don't stop me, don't interrupt me. Somehow he must have intimated to others that she was wrong and he either corrected or interrupted her in front of others, or even when they are talking alone. I think it means don't interrupt me...fwiw.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-02-16 at 11:31 AM
I just love Cydney's body language, fwiw!

"Aubry"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-03-16 at 04:22 PM
Probably doesn't win reward....you can see she has her blue tie on her wrist, most likely she was on the blue team and the blue team lost. So, she is back at camp giving this confessional, while the winners are away at reward somewhere...

"S32E08 The Jocks vs. The Pretty People (Preview)"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-02-16 at 02:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-16 AT 02:31 AM (EST)

Survivor - The Jocks vs. The Pretty People (Preview)

Published on Apr 1, 2016
The merge creates a power struggle between the remaining members of the brawn and beauty tribes. Also, rumors of an all-girl alliance cause problems for one castaway, on Survivor, Wednesday, April 6 at 8/7c. Only CBS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viQQrS43YXw

Transcript

Narrator: It's been the most physical season of Survivor ever.

Narrator: But CBS Wednesday...

Jason: We're pretty united together. The Brains all got to go.

Narrator: The Brain Game is On!

(Aubry in hammock with Cydney in the foreground)
Aubry: If I find a crack I might be able to find my way in.

(Michele in the water with Julia and Cydney)
Michele: I just feel like us girls should stick together.

(Cydney, Aubry, Debbie)
Cydney?: We need to strike now
Debbie: I like the idea...

Narrator: And what these castaways do at Tribal Council...

Michele: I want to make a move.

Narrator: Will Blindside...

(Michele and Julia walking together)
Julia: We're going to have to do something at some point.

Narrator: You!

Cydney: If it backfires... Oh well

"RE: S32E08 The Jocks vs. The Pretty People (Preview)"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-02-16 at 10:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-16 AT 10:31 AM (EST)

YAY for the girls! If it backfires....Oh well!

Clearly, they are making a move on one of the big boys and that big boy will be a big blindside. They will never see it coming, if Jason is to be believed, that he thinks they are solid on voting off the brains, like 1, 2, 3.

I wonder if Cydney will tell the girls that Jason has an idol?

If Scot is the target, will Jason or Tai play their "super idol" for him?
If they do make a super idol to save him, who will get bounced?

Girls left in the game: Michele, Aubry, Cydney, Debbie, Julia vs. Scot/Jason/Tai vs. Joe? vs. Nick?

If the girls band together and bring in Joe and Nick, then split their votes between Jason and Scot....I'd put 4 on Jason, 3 on Scot...

I'd keep Tai out of it...fwiw.

Question: Cydney must be on board with one of the guys going down, or she wouldn't agree to their plotting. She must see that her chances are better vs. girls than the big guys? Same with Michele, she's ready to make a move, does that mean turning on Nick?

This is an interesting shot:

....of Scot. (Or, of Nick's back?)

Posted by michel2 on 04-02-16 at 03:31 PM
I think Michele would know that Nick is open to blindsiding Jason and Scot so why not use him to cut the men's numbers? Nick's turn would come later.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-03-16 at 02:03 PM
(Aubry in hammock with Cydney in the foreground)
Aubry: If I find a crack I might be able to find my way in.

Implies that Cydney will present the crack...

(Michele in the water with Julia and Cydney)
Michele: I just feel like us girls should stick together.

The girls want to target a guy.

(Cydney, Aubry, Debbie)
Cydney?: We need to strike now
Debbie: I like the idea...

Sydney presents an idea to Debbie and Aubry, they like it, Cydney pushing for it now...
Most likely want to get a guy out...Jason/Scot/Nick. Cydney knows that Jason has an idol.

Michele: I want to make a move.

Narrator: Will Blindside...

(Michele and Julia walking together)
Julia: We're going to have to do something at some point.

Michele is ready to make a move, bro. Julia implies that they have to do something at some point.....sacrifice Nick sooner rather than later? Food for thought.

Posted by coldbrewer on 04-03-16 at 03:19 PM
Narrator did mention saying about blindsiding "you"?

Posted by Outsider32 on 04-03-16 at 07:06 PM
I think it means we won't know who's going and there will be all sorts of scrambling. My guess is Tai and Jason play the idol together or Tai or Jason is voted out and the other doesn't use his idol. I think if the idol is played, Debbie's on the receiving end.

"Power struggle"
Posted by Outsider32 on 04-03-16 at 07:08 PM
I took the power struggle to mean that the beauty and brawn each think they are calling the shots. Or that more than one person thinks they are in charge.

"Reward Challenge Preview and SneekPeek"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-04-16 at 08:44 PM

Play-by-play by JP:
You're gonna transfer one player using these (two) poles.
Only one person has to get up on top of this platform.
It's gonna be Julia and Aubry, the two captains, will also be the one's being transported.
This is where team-work really comes into play.
Aubry now moving to that second post, Julia trying to get to that second.
Aubry takes a dump, she's gonna give it another go.
There's definitely a learning curve to this.
Aubry now giving it another go.
Aubry moving around.
Aubry goes back in.
Julia now moving further along this course.
Once you've figured it out you can move quickly, so don't give up.
Aubry now giving it another go.
She's a lot more steady this time.
Aubry goes back in, again.

"RE: Reward Challenge Preview and SneekPeek"
Posted by kingfish on 04-04-16 at 09:36 PM
Debbie isn't up on a pole? A model, a dancer, waitress, a gymnast, a Nuclear Astro Physicist and a 90lb frame, and she isn't up?

Posted by Sheldor on 04-04-16 at 10:17 PM
Well Julia is shorter than Debbie

And Julia lasted way longer than Debbie in the last Immunity Challenge balancing on the log and balancing balls on the disc

And Julia is the captain so she probably felt better picking herself then putting the task on someone else.

Aubry (the other captain) also chose herself (or volunteered) when they could have picked Michele who I would think has better balance.

Posted by michel2 on 04-05-16 at 09:49 AM
James and Eliza broke this challenge in Micronesia yet they are still using it? Just carry the person across instead of going from one pole to the other.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-05-16 at 06:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Especially with Scott, it would be so easy. They must not have been watching back then or perhaps this is early on and they finally break the code.

As I recall, Julia was a cheerleader or dancer and should be good at this. Aubry doesn't seem very coordinated, ha.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-05-16 at 09:23 PM
I have to wonder if they gave them instructions that prohibited what James did, and therefore made them do it this way, pole to pole....?

Posted by michel2 on 04-05-16 at 09:55 AM
She isn't a pole dancer though!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-05-16 at 07:45 AM
Well, judging from this picture...

Julia, Nick, Scot, Debbie, and Tai must win it.

This leaves Cydney, Michele, and Aubry back at camp with Jason and Joe.

"REpost of Ep. 08 IC"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-04-16 at 09:54 PM
CBS re-releases the challenge preview for the IC

"...maybe Jeff will tempt them down with something, maybe he won't..."

"RE: REpost of Ep. 08 IC"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-04-16 at 10:22 PM
Screen Capture of the 10 stations

"RE: REpost of Ep. 08 IC"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-05-16 at 05:41 PM
Can't imagine Scott or Jason winning this one, making both of them potentially vulnerable.

Thinking Tai, Debbie, Julie or Michele would have an edge in this type of challenge.

"S32E08 Press Images (Screen Grabs)"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-05-16 at 08:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-16 AT 07:11 AM (EST)

Well CBS *FINALLY* published a few Press Images of Episode 8 but unfortunately they are Screen Grabs with a Date/Time Stamp of last week Thu 3/31/2016 5:11pm - 6:04pm!

Edited to add Full Size Image Links to SurvivorFever

Note: Full Size Images posted to SurvivorFever have the wrong image name as it does not match the Thumbnail Image Names at CBS Survivor Press Express

Thu 3/31/2016 5:11 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0018.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:11 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0019.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:12 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0020.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:14 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0021.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:16 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0022.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:19 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0037.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:20 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0038.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:20 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0039.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:21 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0041.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:37 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0027.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:39 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0029.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:41 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0030.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:44 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0001.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:44 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0002.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:45 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0003.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:46 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0004.JPG

S32_Ep8_SG_0005.JPG

S32_Ep8_SG_0006.JPG

S32_Ep8_SG_0007.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:47 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0008.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:49 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0009.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:52 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0011.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:54 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0012.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 5:59 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0031.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 6:03 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0032.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 6:03 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0033.JPG

Thu 3/31/2016 6:04 PM
S32_Ep8_SG_0034.JPG

"Press photos are up"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-05-16 at 08:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-16 AT 08:42 PM (EST)

CBS Press Express has this episode's press photos posted. Wish I had an account and could bring them over, but in the meantime, here are a few quick things I noticed:

- Jeff appears to tempt them with food during the IC. There's a shot of him holding up a bowl of something for everyone to see. This sort of thing always opens up cracks about who is feeling overly confident, and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Scott or Jason step off, especially if they feel they can't win this type of challenge. (By the way, perhaps that's why in the iC dream teamer photo there are a few open poles? They're figuring people drop off.)

- Tai looks in agony during the IC -- almost like a Jesus on the crucifix pose.

- There are several shots of the chicken (alone and with Tai) that seem to be more than just random….wondering if the guys wanting to kill the chicken to eat could cause a rift between them and Tai?

- Interesting shot of Julie and Michele confiding in each other, then it appears to be another shot of Aubry and Michele carrying baskets or doing some sort of work together.

ETA: Thank you, Sheldor, for bringing over the photos! Our posts crossed paths.

"RE: Press photos are up"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-05-16 at 09:32 PM
You're welcome SquidProQuo

"Jeff appears to tempt them with food during the IC."

That would be this shot of Jeff in light blue shirt at the IC tempting them with pizza

"There's a shot of him holding up a bowl of something for everyone to see."

That would be this shot of Jeff in black shirt at the RC and I think that is a bowl of ice cream letting them taste the Reward.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-16 at 07:27 AM
Also Jason is Winking to someone on his right. Not helpful since every player is to Jason's right. I assume Jason is winking to either Scot right next to him, or to Cydney (2nd player past Scot skipping Joe)

Posted by kingfish on 04-06-16 at 08:58 AM
Could be a wink. Kinda looks like a wink. But my first thought was that he's simply squinting because of the sun.

Posted by michel2 on 04-06-16 at 10:21 AM
Judging by the angle of the shadows, he'd be looking directly to the sun when looking to his right so I think you are right. However, the promo editors are using it as a wink to show his confidence, a sign he won't win!

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-06-16 at 01:53 PM
<<< However, the promo editors are using it as a wink to show his confidence

Agreed. Nick's sly look in the other direction is also interesting. i have a feeling that one or more of the big boys will step down for food and that will just be another example of their cockiness and upset Tai and the girls.

Posted by kingfish on 04-06-16 at 02:10 PM
Could be. And I like the possible results.

But why would they feel the need to wink for that? If you're stepping down for food or treats, wouldn't you just do it? Actually doing it says it better than a winking about it.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-06-16 at 02:45 PM
I don't think he's necessarily even winking at someone. But I think the fact that the promo monkeys chose these particular shots of Nick and Jason looking sideways is meant for a reason.

They're clearly assessing what their peers are doing and thinking about making some sort of decision. It could be whether or not to step down for food. It could be whether or not they need to hang on and try to stick it out, or whether one of their alliance mates will stick it out, etc. If I'm Jason/Scott and feeling confident, all we need to make sure is that someone in my perceived alliance wins and perhaps I'm so cocky that I don't even need to try to win this one. It seems to happen every time.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-16 at 05:53 PM
CBS published some of the Press Images on CBS.com with new captions. Some of the captions are wrong like mixing up Reward and Immunity challenge in some of the captions. The captions for Jason and Nick's IC photos are:

Jason keeps tabs on how the other players are performing.

Nick notices the player next to him during the Individual Immunity Challenge.

"S32E08 Ad: CBS App: Stream Full Episodes of Survivor"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-16 at 07:19 AM
CBS App: Stream Full Episodes of Survivor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYWrNt3VbEo&nohtml5=False
Published on Apr 5, 2016
Watch full episodes of Survivor on-demand for free with the CBS app. Click HERE: http://bit.ly/1ML99Fy

"RE: S32E08 Ad: CBS App: Stream Full Episodes of Survivor"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 04-06-16 at 01:50 PM
So a lot of this is old footage we've already seen, but the screen shot of Scott above and the clip of Scott saying "Idol time, baby" is new, right? I don't recall this confessional before -- wondering if it's from this week? Could Scott find an idol and/or there be a plot to use the Super Idol this week? Although shocked that Jeff and the promo monkeys wouldn't play it up a lot more if it's going to happen this week -- e.g., "first time ever."

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-06-16 at 05:05 PM
No, it's old footage, Squid. He said that in a promo and on the show that Jason and Alecia and he were after the idol. Alecia found the note and Cydney told the guys and Scot said that in confessional. I think everything in the ad for streaming the full episodes is old footage...

old news.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-16 at 05:55 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned that to me it all appeared to be old footage but they published it yesterday so I included it in this thread in case someone spotted something that wasn't old.

Scot is wearing a Red To Tang Brawn Tribe buff when he says Idol Time.