URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8519
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Theories...."

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-21-16 at 07:32 PM
This year I have noticed that sometimes the OFG theory is not applicable. So, I decided to take a closer look at the promos.

I will observed the presence of the OFG theory and the CTGirl Theory. First of all the OFG theory takes a look at the preview promo. The promo that is shown at the end of the current episode, as a preview to the following week. "Next time on Survivor..." OFG noted that the boot seemingly was always shown in the preview promo, but sometimes they were shown in the background of a frame, or perhaps just not the focus of the frame.

The CTGirl theory took a look at the successive promos, the ones that occurred after the preview promo. CTGirl noticed that at times the boot was "sandwiched" in right smack dab in the middle of the promo.

So, taking these two theories I took a look. Beginning with episode 2, which was the Jenny boot, I noted that there was no visual of Jenny in the preview promo at all. Therefore, the OFG theory was not applicable. But, in the successive promos, the CTGirl theory was indeed in effect with these 2 frames, right smack in the middle of the promo:

In episode 3, there was NO siting of Liz in the preview promo at all, therefore the OFG Theory was not applicable. However, the CTGirl theory was indeed applicable with this vidcap squeezed in the middle of the successive promos:

In episode 4, the boots were indeed in the preview promo and the OFG Theory was applicable:

Caleb:

Alecia:

They were not seen at all in the successive promos, so the CT Girl theory was not applicable for episode 4.

In episode 5, Liz was our boot, and she was seen in preview promo for the OFG theory, AND, in the successive promo for the CTGirl theory as well.

OFG Theory:

CT Girl Theory from the successive promos: (All of the shots of Anna were sandwiched within the promo....

So, one of the OFG Theory, or the CTGirl Theory has been in effect for every episode. For one, episode 5, they both applied. So, for this episode, here are the candidates for the OFG Theory:

Joe and Peter:

Debbie and Nick:

Scot:

Joe, Peter, Debbie, Nick, and Scot = OFG Theory candidates

CTGirl candidates:

the whole Chanloh tribe:

Joe, Peter, Julia:

I will omit Neal and Jason, (they have the HII's), so Debbie, Nick, Michele, Cydney, Joe, Peter, Julia.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Theories...."
Posted by CTgirl on 03-21-16 at 09:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-16 AT 09:44 PM (EST)

Thanks for that recap FloPo.

The way I noticed the boot being sandwiched in the frame is a little different that this weeks web promo. Usually it was just one frame of the boot. This week has multiple frames of Michelle, Nick, Peter and Debbie.

One group is misdirection and the other has the boot, d'uh. But how can we tell which group is going to tribal? The clue is no help - "“Play or Go Home” – A hearty food reward is up for grabs at a classic challenge. Also, the pressure is on when one castaway interrogates a fellow tribe mate." We can assume that Joe interrogates Peter, but is that the boot story or the misdirection? Even the next week on Survivor promotes both stories. CBS is giving nothing away this season!

I'm hoping that one of the arrogant narcissists is going home this week: Peter or Nick! Both their stories could be done.

Posted by michel2 on 03-21-16 at 09:58 PM
The picture of Joe arguing with Peter could be misdirection expecially considering that Julia just appears in the background but right in the middle of the two. It's as if they are telling us that Joe and peter will bury the hatchet for one more week in order to boot another Beauty.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-21-16 at 10:31 PM
Anna getting booted last week broke the No Intro Confessional boots pattern. Could that have just been a result of the unplanned Twist sending Beauty Julia to Brawns in isolation?

Reminder here are the confessionals for the 5 remaining players that did not get an Intro Confessional...

episode            | I | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | total
Cydney Go NuCh | . | 3 | 1 | 2 | 1 | 1 | 8
Neal Ch NuCh | . | 3 | 1 | 1 | . | 1 | 6
Aubry Ch NuGo | . | 3 | . | 1 | . | 1 | 5
Michele Go NuCh | . | 2 | 1 | . | . | 2 | 5
Julia Go NuGo | . | 1 | 1 | . | . | 1 | 3

NOT sandwiched but leading off the Web Promo is this image of Julia and Peter

I think Julia has to be a leading candidate for Gondol to vote out if they lose or throw the Immunity challenge.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-22-16 at 09:00 AM
The way I noticed the boot being sandwiched in the frame is a little different that this weeks web promo

Yes, I agree. But, I couldn't help but notice that it was Anna that was squeezed in multiple times in that promo. Perhaps the CTGirl modified. We also have to remember that the video captures are capturing the video footage so sometimes, depending on how long the person is seen on frame, there maybe more than one frame captured.

The pics of Jenny were 2 different captures but placed right smack dab in the middle of other scenes.

For me, what is most important is that they shoot footage of a scene, then the vidcaps in question are seemingly just a glimpse, and what that person is seen doing may not be in relation to what has been going on in the footage. It's almost as if they are transitional shots.

Posted by kingfish on 03-22-16 at 01:21 PM
I think the producers have us dancing at the end of our "Theory" strings.

But, it would be something if our homegrown theories have caught the attention of the show.

Has anyone thought to © or ™ them?