URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8513
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32|Ep 5| SOTS ~ State of the Spoiling ~ "The Devils we Know""

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-16-16 at 09:05 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-16 AT 09:52 AM (EST)

SURVIVOR 32: Koah Rong, Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty

Welcome everyone to yet another attempt to re-vitalize Survivor Blows STATE OF THE SPOILING, where we try to collect all the data from around the boards to spoil the episode before it airs. Please feel free to digest, support, or refute, but always remember the immortal words of S1, Colleen Haskell... BE NICE AND PLAY FAIR!

Last week, the intro began like this: Survivor: Koah Rong has provided some of the fiercest conditions ever; severe sunburn, extreme temps, dehydration and heat exhaustion leaving some to question how much more they can take. And, from there the show spiraled downward. We were forced to witness the horrific challenge, one where the dreamteamers had their flags to mark where their bags were buried, yet the daws had nothing. We witnessed them in 110 degree heat dig endlessly for more than 45 minutes, while Jiffy battered them with his verbiage sweating profusely while not expending himself physically. Debbie went down and drew the focus of the medical team, while Caleb was left to collapse with his tribemates, suffering from near fatal hyperthermia. To say he was cooked was an understatement. The suffering was also apparent on the faces of all those that were there and witnessed it. Heartbreaking. But, more heartbreaking that Jiffy thinks taking a tribe to the very limit of life is good drama....

Alecia, who has no filter, pushed Jason and Scot to their limits, after bearing days of abuse, neglect, ridicule from them. They were taunting with their pledge to vote her out, and vote her out they did. Who will be next?

The Devils we Know

Sounds like the title could be uttered by Peter, the Brain on the outside looking in. Last week he pledged, I’m dejected, once we have a swap I will take them out one by one..... With the swap, he may have to weigh the odds carefully.

Misdirection Clues:

1. The castaways drop their buffs and switch things up Not too much of a surprise here.

2. One castaway feels all alone in the game following the tribe switch
Perhaps one castaway is just that, cast away. Two tribes of 6, one tribe of one?

Vidcaps:

This season the lines of power have been drawn...
Debbie: I am a mastermind behind the scenes
Michele: I think we are in a really good position
Jason: we kind of hold all the power
Jiffy: but they are about to be erased
Jiffy: Everybody drop your buffs, we are switching things up!

Additionally: Neal searching for the key to the idol box:

Anna gets chopped away from Michele...

I personally would like to know what Michele is holding in her left hand?

Tribes getting their last look at the Brawn tribe...drop your buffs!

Surprise!

Jeff Probst: Survivor is a tricky game. You can never fully trust anything anyone says.
Debbie <talking to Neal>: I totally trust you.
Neal: Okay.
Probst: Everywhere you turn, there's another obstacle.
Tai: Ouch, red ants, Red ants!
Proust: Just because you're on the bottom, doesn't mean you're out. (See Peter and Cydney)

Probst <at tribal lineup>: Everybody drop your buffs. We're switching things up.
Neal: Wow.
Probst: Just one twist.

So, the story: This week the daws are called to what they think is a reward challenge and surprise, it's a swap. We know that the tribes will be put into 2 tribes of 6, plus 1. We see that in the challenge preview, located here.

Results:

RC: None
IC: The tribe that Scot is not on.
Boot:

Scot had a confessional when Jason got the idol that he helped him get....Idol time baby! it’s in the right hands, I’m pretty confident that Jason’s going to take care of me... Well, Jason can't take care of him if they are not on the same tribe, or what would be more interesting is they are on the same tribe and he still doesn't take care of him. Scot is the biggest guy out there and must be very intimidating to all.

But, I could be Soah Rong because the brawn could be used by the other tribes to vote against someone in a majority tribe. I think perhaps a beauty girl could get booted,

If one beauty girl goes to one tribe and two to the other, then it would be wise to split them up. It could be Scot that finagles it? I dunno....I think Julia will be the easiest target. She's ripe as a hidden boot.

*Also want to add that I think Neal will indeed find the HII. Whoop.

Good luck, have phun, and go and vote!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S32|Ep 5| SOTS ~ State of the Spoiling ~ "The Devils we Know""
Posted by michel2 on 03-16-16 at 09:38 AM
Thank you for putting all this together, FP.

As for your question about Michelle, if you mean in the picture where they are heading to the swap and not the one where she's watching Anna chopping a coconut, then it's her sandals. They had to cross a little stream so she took them off.

Jiffy,s been called many things but this is the first time I've seen him called "Proust"! If he is related to Proust then the title of his book would be "A la Recherche des Scènes Perdues"!

I really think that the mystery buff will be the merged tribe buff and it will give someone immunity but sent them to be alone for three days until the merger. Peter seems a good candidate for that.

And I agree with your choice of boot. We heard that big guys become targets just now.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-16-16 at 09:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-16 AT 09:43 AM (EST)

Ohhhhh, her shoes, thanks so much for that!

And, Proust. One word....autocorrect! D'oh!

Good thoughts regarding one going to the merged tribe all by their lonesome. Certainly would fit with the One feels all alone, in the Misdirection clues. I bet it's Julia then that goes to the merge camp all alone. She just seems focused on a lot to me. Cydney is logical to focus on because she, like Peter, would be on the bottom, and clearly this is rejuvenating news for her. But, Julia...?

Posted by CTgirl on 03-16-16 at 12:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-16 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Thanks for all your efforts FloPo!

Tonight certainly will be a crap shoot since we have no indication of the new tribe splits. Can't wait!

P.S. Michel, I like your spec on the mystery buff! That would be a fun twist!

Posted by Sheldor on 03-16-16 at 03:04 PM
Great job Flowerpower. A REALLY REALLY hard week to do SOTS!

Next Time On, Preview, Press Release, Press Images, Challenge Preview, and Sneak Peek are all of very little help determining what might happen this episode!

Practically anyone could be this week's boot.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is that Brawn Tribe is being dissolved so Brains camp/idol will still be in play.

Tai or Jason can possibly find a second idol to make a Super Idol.

Scot also knows about the Super Idol feature but I don't think Cydney knows that but both of them know Jason has an idol and if either of them find the Brains idol they will know they can combine with Jason to form a Super Idol.

"S32 | Ep 5 | SOTS | "The Devils we Know" (alt ver)"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-16-16 at 04:23 PM
Okay folks, are you ready?
I'm not. Not really.
While my heart was in it, the timing actually wasn't that good. But I think I'll be even more flush with time next week. So I'm ever thankful that FP stepped in and got it done... timlier.

Anyways, on with this alt ver SOTS!!!

To get us started off, a little word from the resident blood-n-guts guy...

Peter: Stay tuned for the Stockholm Syndrome narrative to start
"The Devils We Know"
, taken to it's extreme...

And by extreme, I mean extremely difficult to watch.
As if earworms, anxiety attacks and med-evacs weren't enough, I have plenty of anguish and pain ahead and for now it's clear the suffering will continue, mwahahahaa...

It begins by calling the sorry-sack souls to challenge beach.
Where upon the brawns are ridiculed and rebuffed.
Literally.
They are told to take off their buffs and to choose a replacement buff from the offering platter.

And from there everything is kinda up in the air... or should I say, buried below.

We know, as there is proof, of a challenge being run with 2 tribes of 6 ready to go for this episode. And considering a swap, it's likely that the challenge will be a combined Reward/Immunity.
We also know that at least one of the new buffs is considered the "mystery buff".
We also also know that one player feels completely out of the game.
We also also also know (make that, we also can surmise) that a remaining member of the 'no-intro-confessional' crowd will get the boot.

So, to break this horrible mish-mash of possibilities up for maximum destruction and painful-pleasure, I present the Devil's Dice Showdown!

Round 1: Duskslash the Slimy VS Slashcrash the Cold

This is a good match up and a perfect start for my purposes. Nick tries to Slashcrash but Peter is too Slimy. Meanwhile, Nick's coldness goes quite nicely with a malevolent duskslash. It's a close bout but Nick must lend me his soul.

Round 2: Darkstrike the Witch VS Burnslice the Crafty

Not as exciting as the previous bout but still fun to watch them both utilize scratching, hairpulling and screaming to win. In this case, Tai burns and slices his way through all of Michele's witchy ways. Michele must lend me her soul.

Round 3: Masterzap the Carver VS Coinbash the Decaying

There are no words... kinda... Joe tried to bash and to shield himself from the onslaught of Scot's masterzapping and carving.
Joe must lend me his soul.

Round 4: Oceanpistol the Hooker VS Smartspeed the Anxious

Anna is quick, distracting and feisty. But in those disciplines, Aubry is much faster, tenacious-ier and frankly off-putting with her brain on full view.
Anna must lend me her soul.

Round 5: Hellcharge VS Braintrack the Covetous

Cydney is a powerhouse of shocking ability and apparently tied closely to my favorite place not on this world. I could care less what Debbie brings to this particular bout, even a wrench to throw in everyone's plans. Debbie must lend me her soul.

Round 6: Beastember VS Dreamhaunt

It is one of the most bizarre bouts to be offered. Jason uses beastial heat, Julia uses unusual abilities. The tangled knot of fingers, the burnt skin, the smell of evil goat and the random bunny slipping all leads to another very close call, but using his evil influence, Jason is able to come out on top. Julia must lend me her soul.

Round 7: Zapthought the Psychic VS Mystery Buff

Well, I was wondering when this bout would show up. Apparently it doesn't matter how crazy he is or how forgetful his opponents are, Neal is the victim of the Mystery Buff. For that, he may keep his soul... for now.

Okay...

So Neal is my Mystery Buff contingent, (although Peter is a great guess as well. But I can see Julia being the mystery buffer too.) So, I'll just narrow it down to Peter, Neal or Julia. One of them is our 'all alone in the game', castaway.

This now leaves these 6 souls-in-lend (Anna, Debbie, Joe, Julia, Michele and Nick) to weather the maelstorm of accusations and potential votes. Who will ultimately lose their soul?

I must say, this scenario fits nicely with Debbie's avowal of trusting Neal... Neal is nowhere around.
And on parchment... Now comes the chance for beauty to really take control of this game.
OR moreso, for one of the beauty to turn beast and side with the "low-hanging fruit" turning the tide on the trifecta of temptation.
In this case, I choose to have Nick (my namesake) opt to play with devils he doesn't know.

Thus allowing me to point my 'trident of terror' at...

Well, obviously Debbie would be an easy pick. (But apparently she receives a merge buff)
But I'm thinking Nick proves his evil and targets (Not Michele, because she is complimentary...Not, Julia because she is un-offensive) Anna. The strongest threat to winning the game.

I would be sad, to see such a player lose their chances at the game but I rest easy at night sleeping between these images!!! Thank you, Burrito.

OH!!! Sooooooo baaaad!!!

"RE: S32 | Ep 5 | SOTS | "The Devils we Know" (alt ver)"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-16-16 at 05:41 PM
AMAZING! Sets the bar VERY HIGH for doing SOTS!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-17-16 at 09:38 PM
TRIBEEEEE! You are such a BAAAAAAAAAD boy! That's why we love you so! Excellent breakdown and right on target!

PS. So sorry I didn't see this was scheduled to be your week. I only saw the header schedule. D'oh! Do you want to do next week?

You are so good at this stuff! <3

Posted by kingfish on 03-18-16 at 08:58 AM
You both do such extraordinary work with the SOTS, and it's fun to read both. It really is an extra treat to have two.

It's like having two comic strips to read every week instead of one. Or two Op. Ed. pieces. Or two slices of peach pie.

Tribe's piece is stellar and wildly imaginative as usual, and our experience this week is richer because of our being able to enjoy it in our little niche of the Cyber cosmos. I pity the fools who haven't found this place yet. And those who have left.

There is certainly nothing to apologize for, Flo, this is one place where two is better than one. If that was a screw up, it was a very fortunate one for me. And all of us, I'm sure. Your SOTS was a pleasure to read and the fact that you beat out Tribe timewise is something in your favor. And we have seen how generous Tribe is with his time and wit, I'm sure he enjoyed the extra entertainment as much as we did.