URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8508
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32|Vidcap Analysis Thread| Ep 5 | "The Devils we Know" *No sources*"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-10-16 at 07:28 PM
Please post all vidcaps and discussion in this thread for ep 5, "The Devils we Know". NO sourced information, please.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S32|Vidcap Analysis Thread| Ep 5 | "The Devils we Know" *No sources*"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-10-16 at 07:35 PM
Thanks so much for uploading the video captures, Survivor Fever! You ROCK!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-10-16 at 07:37 PM

Last night, I caught this. To me, it looks as though Neal is looking for the idol. Specifically the key to open the box the idol is in....

Posted by SquidProQuo on 03-10-16 at 11:44 PM
Agreed on Neal.

And whose striped underwear are those? Neal's? Is that the clue / piece of paper in that sequence of shots? Perhaps that comes first, then he's looking up the tree with his clothes on later?

The other thing that stands out to me is a lot of Cydney in these clips-- and the shot of her standing in between Scott and Jason and touching their arms seems like she could be the one separated from them and feeling all alone, per this week's clues.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-11-16 at 01:49 AM
Also agree on Neal looking for the idol.

However, the striped underwear belongs to Tai. And he's chopping something with a machete. Not a clue.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-11-16 at 12:25 PM
I feel like we've seen this scene before, as well as the one of Anna/Michelle chopping. Rehashing old scenes to cover up new happenings?

Posted by tribephyl on 03-12-16 at 01:15 AM
-04b
-06b
-09b
-14b
-21b
-41b_1
-68b
-75b
-82b
-02b
-05b
-10b
-14b

Of note:
On some of the verbiage from the images there is reference to a "mystery" buff.

Personal note:
Interesting that 1 player feels all alone as a result of the tribe swap... WHICH, if 13 players are to split into 2 tribes, evenly, then there would be 1 person left over to get a "mystery" buff... and possibly feel all alone in the game.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-12-16 at 08:57 AM
smart brains....bringing water to the challenge arena...

Note, Neal has a large bandage on the side of his leg.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-15-16 at 09:21 PM
Flowerpower wrote:
"Note, Neal has a large bandage on the side of his leg."

The tape on Neal's leg looks like Kinesio Tape (elastic therapeutic tape you see athletes wearing if they strain a muscle) as seen here:

However Neal does have a wound on the right side of his right calf as seen in last episode's Immunity Challenge

So I assume that tape is covering his wound.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-16-16 at 07:46 AM
To me it does not look like the tape. It looks like a bandage. Just as Tai had a bandage on his thigh wound last week. fwiw

Posted by CTgirl on 03-16-16 at 12:52 PM
That wound certainly adds him to the potential evac list!

Posted by Sheldor on 03-12-16 at 12:07 PM
Wow ONLY 13 Press Images this week (most likely limited numbers since they don't want to show the swapped tribes)!

And the Press Release says only there is a swap and someone feels all alone which is not surprising considering the Odd (13) number of players left.

GREAT catch Tribephyl on seeing "Mystery Buff" in two of the 13 captions.

There are three captions that mention Buffs

"The Devils We Know" -- Jeff Probst hands out new buffs to Aubry Bracco, Peter Baggenstos and the rest of the survivors during the fifth episode of SURVIVOR KAOH: RONG

"The Devils We Know" -- Jeff Probst hands over the mystery buff to Peter Baggenstos during the fifth episode of SURVIVOR KAOH: RONG

The Devils We Know" -- Jeff Probst hands over a mystery buff to Scot Pollard during the fifth episode of SURVIVOR KAOH: RONG

Posted by michel2 on 03-12-16 at 01:25 PM
Two possibilities I have for the mystery buff:

1- The player that gets the mystery buff gets to choose his own tribe after seeing the way the players are split. That could directly lead to the title: "The Devils we know", a player like Nick or Peter choosing to go back to a tribe dominated by his old rivals.

2- The mystery buff is actually the merged tribe buff and the player picking it is immune until next week.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-13-16 at 04:00 AM
2- The mystery buff is actually the merged tribe buff and the player picking it is immune until next week.

LVOE this idea.

Posted by michel2 on 03-13-16 at 12:26 PM
I was thinking the player taking the risk would get a reward with a catch: Jiffy could send that person to live alone in the deserted shelter until merger. They'd be immune for that time but out of touch with everyone.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-15-16 at 02:02 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-16 AT 02:10 AM (EST)

Could "mystery buff" simply mean that it is a mystery to the players what buff they are picking inside the wrapped up package they are picking?

The new promo does say "one twist" but not sure if we "mystery buff" is the one twist or just an odd phrasing of choosing a new buff?

For instance the Press Images have now been published on the main CBS web site here:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1006010/first-look-castaways-drop-their-buffs-and-switch-things-up-on-the-next-survivor/

The images have different captions than the CBS Press Express Site.

The three images on the CBS Press Express site with these captions:

Now have these captions:

Posted by tribephyl on 03-15-16 at 01:14 PM
even more suspense.

I too felt that "mystery" buff could just mean "unknown" new tribal buff. But 2 things kept me from continuing to question it. (and now a third)
1. The fact that it went from "new" buff to "mystery" buff, in the original captions, leading naturally to a belief there are two distinct buffs available.
2. The fact that there are currently an uneven amount of survivors to split the tribes evenly. Boostered by the tease that 1 player feels all alone in the game.
3. The new captions. While distinctly "unreadable" as clues. the fact they altered them at all lends itself to the belief that there is some productorial shenanigans going on. Are they covering something up?

I have to say... a tribe swap is not a twist. Not any more. It's predicted (heck even counted on) by survivors every season for years. So the "twist" has to be something new.

The promos provide the set-up...

So... even if the "mystery" buff is not as prevalent in the plate, I do believe there will be 1 buff that differs from the rest.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-15-16 at 05:59 PM
I really think there are 3 options here:

1. 2 tribes of 6, 1 extra person that goes to the losing tribe but has immunity for one vote

2. 3 tribes: split 5 ~ 5 ~ 3

3. 3 tribes: split 4 ~ 4 ~ 4, 1 extra, goes to the losing tribe but has immunity for the one vote.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-15-16 at 08:32 PM
In the recently released Sneak Peek video Jeff says:

"You are also getting your last look at the Brawn tribe."

And in the Challenge Preview there are two tribes of 6 competing with Yellow and Blue stations.

So I think we are done to one option

2 tribes of 6, 1 extra person that goes to the losing tribe but has immunity for one vote

Maybe that extra person has to live at the old Brawn tribe beach until after the IC and TC and then joins that tribe.

Posted by kingfish on 03-16-16 at 08:36 AM
All the switching around puts those with social skills at an even greater advantage over those with other skills, such as being athletic or puzzle whizzes.

I mean, it is always the more socially adept that do well anyway, at it's heart Survivor is a social game, but the more often you have to start over with new tribe mates, the more valuable those skills become.

"Web Promo 3/12"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-13-16 at 04:18 AM
Transcript and Vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

JP: Survivor is a tricky game. You can never fully trust anything anyone says.

Debbie (talking to Neal): I totally trust you.

Neal: Okay.

JP: Everywhere you turn, there's another obstacle.

Tai: Ouch, red ants, Red ants!

JP: Just because you're on the bottom, doesn't mean you're out.

JP (@ tribal lineup): Everybody drop your buffs. We're switching things up.

Neal: Wow.

JP: Just one twist.

"RE: Web Promo 3/12"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-13-16 at 10:08 PM
This picture stands out to me....

"RE: Web Promo 3/12"
Posted by kingfish on 03-14-16 at 09:45 AM
Pre-heat stroke?

Or, he's having a Doh! moment?

Or, he's standing next to Cydney, presumably on the mat pre-split with her and Jason, so he could be reacting to the tribal swap announcement. And the loss of his secure alliance with Jason? Now he may have to start all over again?

Or, he's just getting a joke from the night before?

Maybe he's missing his teddy bear?

"S32E05 Challenge Preview"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-15-16 at 07:24 PM

Survivor Challenge Preview - New School (Ep 5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZB7X4rjJA

Published on Mar 15, 2016
Go behind the scenes of this week’s Challenge “New School” with Supervising Producer John Kirhoffer. SURVIVOR airs Wednesday, March 16 (8:00 – 9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Note: Two Tribes of 6 competing.

"S32E05 Sneak Peek"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-15-16 at 07:29 PM

Survivor - The Devils We Know (Sneak Peek)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WSXM077yAY

Published on Mar 15, 2016
The castaways drop their buffs and switch things up, and one castaway feels all alone in the game following the tribe switch, on Survivor, Wednesday, March 16 at 8/9c. Only CBS

Transcript

Jeff: Come on in guys!

Brain tribe, Beauty tribe getting your first look at the new Brawn tribe. Alecia voted out at the last Tribal Council

Neal: Bye, bye Blondie

Jeff: You are also getting your last look at the Brawn tribe.
Everybody drop your buffs.
We are switching things up.