URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID9
Thread Number: 850
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"How Much after TAXES????"

Posted by don juan666 on 09-29-05 at 01:04 PM
How much $$$ will Maggot & Yvette actually get after taxes are taken out??? dont think Yvette will be able to offer much help to her family after Uncle Sam takes his share.......

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: How Much after TAXES????"
Posted by jbartosu on 09-29-05 at 06:41 PM
For Ivette, it depends on what other income she has. Surely she had some income before she went into the house, plus the $750/wk for 12 weeks ($9000), the $50K, and then whatever income the rest of the year. She has to file single (since she can't claim Tush) and I would imagine she won't have too many deductions, so........whatever the tax rate is for $75,000 +/- is on the state and Fed. level.
For Maggot, she will get hit the maximum rate Federal and state, which combined I would guess to be 42% +/-.
Both of them may have to pay state taxes in California and their home states, which will increase the tax level even more. If that is the case then Maggot my be paying total taxes as much as 50%.

Disclaimer: before accepting the above as gospel, consult H&R Block..........LOL

Posted by AugustGirl on 10-01-05 at 10:40 AM
Ivette lives in Florida, which does not have state income taxes, so at least she will be spared doling out that chunk of change. I have a feeling when it is all said and done Ivette won't think her experience this summer was worth it. Just my opinion, of course.

a GothMog original

Posted by Elaine0 on 09-30-05 at 06:07 AM
I think Rupert said he got $475,000 from his million on Survivor, but yes it does depend on your other income.

Posted by foonermints on 10-02-05 at 11:33 AM
You have angered the KukulGod with the mention of the horrible, horrible Poopert!

Posted by Elaine0 on 10-03-05 at 06:06 AM
I angered myself mentioning that creature.

Posted by Aruba on 04-23-06 at 01:49 PM
The rule of thumb for a large cash winning is general 50% after taxes, but it does depend on your other income and deductions. There is a loophole here. Legally you can offset your winnings with proof of gambling or legalize game of chance losses. In other words if you win $100,000 for the tax year and show proof of $40,000 in losses you only pay tax on $60,000, not $100,000.

In the case of Maggot it would be pretty hard to "fudge" $500,000 in losses to offset her winnings. But in the case of Scurvette who only won $50,000, a few trips to the racetrack where she can pick up large betting tickets that the losers throw away when their horses don't come in, could prevent her from paying a lionshare of her winnings. Sure it's dishonest, but considering what many Reality Show winners do to get their dough in the first place, it's just par for the course.