URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8489
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32 | ECST | Ep 1 "Mental Giant""

Posted by tribephyl on 02-17-16 at 08:07 PM
Keep all discussion of Survivor's 32nd inaugural episode HERE, until the West Coast can see it in all it's glory and without spoils. (Or moreso, let's give the west coasters a place to discuss the episode as it plays along over here on the east coast.)
Who knows, something unexpected might happen.

Oh and this thread is sponsored by...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S32 | ECST | Ep 1 "Mental Giant""
Posted by kingfish on 02-17-16 at 08:33 PM
I greatly admire your wit. Killer sig.

I think some imaginative person should B-The-Earworm in Bashers. Cold be fun.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 09:16 PM
Intro: We've already seen it, the first 5 minutes....9 confessionals

18 strangers volunteered to fend for themselves, SE Asia, formidable part of the world, dehydration, heat stroke, wounds that give you life threatening infections, most grueling 39 days in S history.

Divided into 3 tribes

Brain:

Peter: ER doc, difficult for me to express humility
Debbie: Puzzle lay down for me like lovers

Brawn:

Scot: former Pro basketball, people I will get along with are strong, show weakness, bye bye
Kyle: bounty hunter, I don't care just need to get pay check

Beauty

Anna: use my advantages in poker, push up the boobs
Nick: I've an easy life cause I am better looking than most people, it will help

They go and get every thing,
Jiffy: beginning an adventure that will forever change their lives

see Caleb, see Joe....getting the chickens, Caleb jumps in for the chicken...

Caleb: people will recognize me from BB, don't mind getting dirty

hit Jenny on the hand....Cydney steals the tray of fruit

Joe: retired FBI, have those cases with a mile a minute, this is the real deal

30 seconds left...get over board

Tai: I'm protecting the chicken I love all living creature
Scot grabs the chicken and kills it...

15 seconds start getting over Aubrey yells wood, Tai in the water, Kyle falls in, Caleb flips in

Debbie: we are having fun now, kids

see Scot basketball chucking the fruit in the basket....

cut to the intro....

Brawn day 1:

see them rowing, kids this is the greatest day of our lives
Sydney: majority of my life is about being strong
Kyle: I did 6 yrs in the army, people find me intimidating, they don't realize I have 2 daughters, youngest has autism, I will be the girly girl daddy

Darnell says that he is the postal worker and student
Alecia says she is a lot tougher than they think, i'm fearless, opinionated
Jenny tells them that she is a construction worker,
scot tells them e'played in the NBA

Scot: we are not beautiful, we are not smart but we are strong, I think we got a great group...scot says there're only 5 of us, kyle corrects 5

BRAIN:

Liz says that I do data analysis....Lis: brain is my tribe we are able to look for new approaches to think through the problems

debbie calls Peter Obama...they are all calling me it...if they feel like being crushed by obama than so be it

Debbie tells them she is everything, electronics, red lobster, captain in auxiliary, at 49 bring a lot of world experience with me

see them working...debbie showing neal a trick

Neal...they don't know what to make of me, but debbie has a whole different craziness

they are trying to build fire

Neal: supposedly debbie has started fire this way many times, calls herself a fire expert...Neal doesn't like her...

Looking back at past seasons, he's a little concerned about being not he brain tribe could be complete and utter madness, says neal

Beauty: Nick: life is beautiful, all smiles, happy, nothing can go wrong, see tai climbing the tree

Tai: why am I here...why di d they put me on beauty tribe, my personality

girls are talking about caleb, what do they do? they think Nick is a model
Michele: being a bartender is a great job, who will I get along with, Tai is always moving, Caleb is hard working, and Nick the hot guy

Michele is excited to build the relationship with the girls that all felt natural to me, they are bonding, a lot of ego over there...then we see the guys talking about the girls...Caleb: why in the world is Tai on this tribe? Mr Miagyi glasses, maybe more then people see....Tai says don't kill the tree...he loves all living creature,
Tai: as a gardener it hurts me to see people cutting branches, I have to be smart about how he says it....he's a gardener from San Fran, from Viet Nam, lived through the war, 262 people on a 26 meter boat for 11 days with no food, floated and ended on refugee camp and then america, and this gives me an advantage, I can't sit still...once in a life time, I'm loving it!

"Post intro..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 09:33 PM
see Jenny at brawn, darnell is trying to make fire with cydney....guys ar collecting very large rocks...That's a heave *** rock

Kyle:Its a harsh sun, I'm fried, give it my all, do it, it's just the type of person that I am...Blondie, don't even know her name, 0 faith in her, she doesn't do anything, I have no sympathy for her...a real estate agent, see Kyle and scot talking about her, taking her out

Kyle: the truth is I want as many alliances as possible, see hi shaking Cydney's hand...then Kyle asks Jenny if she has any matches on her

Darrell: growing up in chicalgo...he likes alicia...talking to Cydney...Cydney wants to get the girls out first...right now my gut tells me, don't use the bathroom...he's stripping...out in the water...Darnell are you taking a dump....he's in the ocean doing it...

they all laugh at him

Beauty:

they area all asking each other where they are from, the chickens get loose...

Nick: it wasn't the best of starts for the beauty tribe, really, this right now...they are running around like chickens with our heads off. Nick gets one, Caleb gets one...not the best start

Tai has an idea, tie one chicken to the other and let them roam around, they will stay...

Anna loves tai, he tries to teach us, tied a rope on them and lets them run around...how cute is that, they seem so much happier...Tai is someone that I can work with...Anna says we need a guy and Tai is perfect to stay with us....Anna and Julia are bonding and aligning

Julia: people underestimate you if you are in a sorority, stick with Anna and pull in Michele, the 3 of us could do very well....Julia tells Anna that Caleb was on bb, he had an alliance of 9 in BB, and he kept it all the way, and that's important
Caleb talking-to Anna and Julia, doesn't want it to hurt his game,
Caleb: I am bcc from BB, I as in military, a prison guard, he will do what he has to do, till the last person gives up....Caleb gets fire for them, I am an outdoorsman, I know how to make fire, I believe that I am mentally stronger in this game.

Wow, good for Caleb!

BRAINS:
Joe: i'm 71 years old, FBI, I have street sense, I see things before they happen, I think I can make it through that gauntlet to be the sole survivor

deb be: Joe and I are work horses, before we win the game we have to survive here, so I am going to make this camp as comfortable as I can for me and Joecause we will be here a very long time

Lis and Neal....talking about chatty debbie...
Liz: debbie talks talks talks and so highly of herself, they are talking now about the geriatrics...Joe and Debbie, do you feel good about the 4 children

Neal: when you have 6 people on the tribe and 4 of us keep the 4 young ones together, Peter thinks it's the best plan

Peter: we have 4 young and 2 old, they stick out, they will be eaten first

sunrise Beauty, see caleb, and them all working...Tai is looking around for the idol, this AM we were walking, I have to look for the idol, I have to look....he's running around looking for it...all of the others notice him looking for the idol...

the group says lets go over there...they follow him....Tai is running around pulling out all the young trees...Mechele, Caleb and Julia go looking for an Tai, and Anna...

"Pre-challenge..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 09:44 PM
Beauty, day 2, Tai is covering his tracks....Anna confessional finds Tai, this guy is looking for the idol, Nick finds him....did you get lucky over there...oh, you don't have the clue? Anna doesn't trust him for a minute

Tai: said, I screwed up, looked for a half hour...

They don't trust Tai, right now he's number one for them, the rest of them all walk off together...

Brains: day 2: see Peter and girls,
Aubrey: it's so hot out here you don't realize it in the moment, it scrambles your brain, you cannot escape it, the heat may be one of the greatest factors in this game, look at me, I went to a prep school, coming from boston in the middle of the winter to here, it's intense, I feel wobbly and discombobulated, I don't have my faculties...Aubrey says can you just help me....Debbie and Neal say lay down

Debbie says that Aubrey comes to me, I knew she was dehydrated, and overwhelmed with 5 strangers in the middle of the jungle, she's crying with debbie, it's going to be okay...
Aubrey, I care about this game, this is all about my own head, I'm a thinker, I get stuck in my own head, now Liz is there with her...

Liz: Aubrey wasn't ill dehydrated, no chapped lips, for her it was an anxiety attack, freaking out...

Liz: whatever impression she gives off on day 2, there is a significant risk that she will do it again....

Neal is worried it will be like the first brains tribe and just got shellac'd

At Brawn tribe: At night, see a cicada in slo mo, awesome....then there is Jenny at night, I am actually worried, I got a bug in my ear, it's fine it will crawl out, but it's going in further, the little legs crawling into my ear canal, there is blood coming out of my ear canal, it's so painful. I didn't prepare from some bug to munch me from the inside....

Posted by Bebo on 02-17-16 at 09:56 PM
Survivor 101: If someone says "I'm not good at puzzles", don't make them do the puzzle.

"Some East Coasters are grateful too"
Posted by Bebo on 02-17-16 at 09:57 PM
Here in central NC, the local affiliates are only showing the first hour of the show. Duke-UNC starts at 9pm, so they are going to cut away.

"awww..."
Posted by tribephyl on 02-18-16 at 01:07 AM
you'll miss the kinda kooky Tie and ReVote TC.

"RE: awww..."
Posted by michel2 on 02-18-16 at 01:28 AM
With Jennifer voting against Darnell and Jason voting "Alichia" on the firs tvote, that toold me they were simply splitting the votes in case of an idol. Darnell was their target all along.

"Day 2 or 3, pre-challenge"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 10:04 PM
Brawn...see a large bug....Jenny is saying they are digging deeper and deeper, Alecia says it's just water, and then Jenny tells her it's bleeding.

It's so painful, it hurts so bad, it goes 30 seconds and stops then go, he's getting further in, and it just hurts so bad....the least of them are worried....we need to win this challenge....darnell doesn't want to lose and is worried they will pull her...
Alecia: it's a concern we may lose her, if we lose they may get me, cause I'm the littlest, so I want to win

Scot: poor Jenny, I am worried about the challenge, if we lose it will hurt all of us,

Now we see the worm crawling out of her ear....Cydney, the pre med sees it and is screaming, now it's going back in....scot will get it....he gets it and kills it...

Sydney: con: describes the bug, can see that she was in pain
Jenny says we will kill the challenge I feel like myself again, I got this 39 days, no problem....cut to challenge

Come on in guys....

they line up on the mats

welcome to first challenge...for today, swim out to a boat, once on board, one dives down to retrieve paddles, 4, then paddle to shore, pull boat up, do puzzle or dexterity...both average the same time to finish but if you choose the right one for your tribe, win

2 parts to the idol, in addition, playing for massive fire making kit, dry wood, tarp, flint charcoal, 2nd to finish gets a flint, losers TC

be the first person voted out of this game, see Jenny, then Neal...

Aubrey will be the diver, Darnell is the diver...Aubrey con: this is not easy for me, I will give it all I have

go

everyone must get in the boat before doing anything else, Beauty is first, then brains, then darnell...Darnell lost his mask, then he comes up, so Jenny jumps in without a mask...Michele has a paddle, the Aubrey has one, then brawn having a lot of trouble without a mask, Jenny has one, 4 paddles total, now Tai going in, the paddles are deeper, Aubrey has the third paddle, Jason going in without a mask, Beauty doing great job with earl y lead, Jason needs to get last paddle, Aubrey has all of them....now beauty pushes boat up into the cradle.....Brain tribe is back....Brawn tribe still in the water, now has it....coming...they are yelling at darnell....Beauty making progress.....brawn is back to shore, all tribes digging, beauty has it, put on wheels, Brain has it in....now Brawn has it, now clip in...put wheels on, Brain is in the lead, Aubrey and Debbie run forward to pull the rope...Brain is in the lead, Brawn has 4 wheels on, now beauty in dead last
Brain untying puzzle box, taxing challenge for everybody....Liz and Aubrey doing the puzzle with a big lead, Brawn tribe is next, 2nd place, beauty has blown a big lead but gaining on Brawn....they are doing the puzzle, Jenny and Alecia....Jenny yells at Alecia to get the pieces...
Now beauty is there and going to do the puzzle, all 3 tribes doing the puzzle. Julia and Anna solving the puzzle

all working on the puzzle right now...Jenny doing all the work for the brawn tribe, Scot volunteers to go in, they change places....

Aubrey making a lot of progress, Brain tribe has it, wins immunity and reward! they hug

looking for one more, Julia and Anna are kicking butt...Scot and Jenny going now too....Beauty won by one piece! Wow!

See Jenny....Brain congrats, first win of the season, no TC, and big fire making kit...see scot...beauty, immunity, Caleb gets the idol, and flint to Tai...Brawn...see alecia....

Confessional: Alecia: it is risky at tribal, but Darnell dropped the mask and totally screwed up this challenge, so my only hope is to try to get them to vote out Darnell....

"Post Challenge, pre-tc drama..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 10:19 PM
Bummer bebo, but nice to see you here!

Brawn camp...they arrive back, Alecia says that she is sorry, but Darnell says that it was his fault, I lost the mask, and that was my fault, I lost the mask

Darnell: I was a life guard, when people are not talking to you they are talking about you, Darnell is begging, if you don't vote me out then I will be loyal to you

Scot: darnell lost the mask and apologized, but he's dead weight
Scot tells Alicia that she is not going home tonight,

Alicia: says she can't trust Scot but what other options do I have
Scot tells her, the only thing I have against you is the constant scheming, Kyle and Scot ask if she has the idol, and Scot is pissed, just calm down because the only thing you are doing right now is killing yourself

See kyle telling Cydney it's darnell, but Cydney wants Alicia to go, because she has an alliance with Darnell...Alicia doesn't do anything

To TC...

see a snake...

fire represents your life...when gone so are you...

jason: first impressions....I was satisfied, got ball player, 9th toughest female in the world...
who stands out as someone that can't meet your exAlicia: it doesn't feel good, they see me as one of the weakest ones, don't see myself that way
Darnell: i was one of the key reasons we lost, I lost the goggles, went out there and tried my best,
Scot: he said that I can dive, first rule of diving is to hold on to the mask
Darnell says he owns it
Alicia says we have to keep this tribe strong, I 'm a mental giant, I will step up and want to be here...
Sydney: she is just saying that ...
Alicia: I tried to do the puzzle and we switched out, she won't do the puzzles...I will try my best, Darnell didn't go down and try and get the paddles
Darnell says he paddled and pushed the boat up, you didn't do anything
Darnell says what he went through was one of the biggest things he's ever gone through
things weren't easy, I had to fight for everything, crying, to lose it hurts...I let all these people down, Jenny whispers she doesn't want to vote out Darnell
Jenny says he hasn't had it easy in life, life strings hurt, I have lost a lot in life to, I get it...
Kyle: sitting here I did think are we making the right choice
Scot: that is what tc is about, people with their backs against the wall
Time to vote:

first voter: Darnell

then alicia...
Sydney: votes Alicia
*CYDNEY autocorrects to Sydney, sorry!

Vote tally:

Alicia
Darnell
Alicia
Darnell
Alicia
Darnell
Tie vote

cuts to commercial!

"Tie vote at TC...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 10:25 PM
Tie: we will revote, Darnell and Alicia you will not vote, and everyone else must vote...Cydney votes first...then Jenny....

Vote tally:

Darnell
Darnell
Darnell

Alicia says thank you you guys...

Jenny is said, bye Darnell...

well, there was a theme to tonights, if you talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk, they get flint.

"Next time on Survivor..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 10:32 PM
Well, thanks to Tribe, we knew before the episode, but we did what we could. I love it when we have to rely on the old fashioned way to figure it out!

Next time on Survivor:

See Debbie doing a cheer: we have the biggest frontal lobes!
Jiffy: Debbie may have the brains but she is not fitting in...
Peter: does she have thirty cats or forty cats?
Tai to Caleb, trying to go in to kiss him?
Caleb: You tried to kiss me
Tai says something???

So, on the hot seat....Debbie or Tai. One is the boot, one is the misdirection?

Darnell: this was very hard to do, but absolutely enjoyed every moment, learned to fight hard, go out and do it, don't let anyone hold you back, I went out there and played hard and I am satisfied with that...

"RE: Next time on Survivor..."
Posted by Sheldor on 02-17-16 at 11:20 PM
THANKS Tribe for posting the animated GIF of Brawn marching into a challenge without Darnell.

However I chose not to change my vote though with such definitive proof.

With all the talk about Alecia in the beginning I knew she was the decoy boot and Darnell would be getting his torch snuffed!

Interesting the Brawn Tribe was divided and tied and how they voted!

Alecia   -> Darnell -> Does not vote
Jennifer -> Darnell -> Darnell
Scot -> Darnell -> Darnell
Cydney -> Alecia -> Darnell
Jason -> Alecia -> Darnell
Darnell -> Alecia -> Does not vote

Posted by Sheldor on 02-18-16 at 01:02 AM
From Jason's Twitter

Jason ‏@sargjason 26m26 minutes ago
Jason Retweeted #SurvivorCoven
Idol flush #Beardstrong Jason added,

#SurvivorCoven @oscarljyao
@sargjason the decision is confusing. Why did you guys decide to keep Alecia AKA blondie?

Posted by michel2 on 02-18-16 at 01:31 AM
He wrote "beardstrong" to tell us that he and Scot were on the same page all along even if they voted differently all along. It was just an idol flush.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-18-16 at 07:00 PM
With all the talk about Alecia in the beginning I knew she was the decoy boot and Darnell would be getting his torch snuffed!

If you knew that, then why wouldn't you have suggested it? Or, mentioned it anywhere?

No disrespect intended here, but this is a collaborative effort. The more people that throw their two cents in before the time the show airs, the better. Usually, the boot is featured in the promos a bit, as it's their only time to shine, so to speak. But, frankly, I didn't think Darnell was featured at all, in any of the preseason clips, whereas I thought Alecia was a bit.

Looking at all of the information we had, it seemed as if Jennifer was the decoy boot. She was mentioned in the Misdirection clues regarding the bug in the ear. There was absolutely no mention of Darnell anywhere. He was under the radar. The only clue that Darnell could have been the one going was in his intro video. Which several commented in the editing thread was not impressive at all.

When you look how it panned out, Darnell still was seemingly more productive in the challenge.

Posted by Sheldor on 02-18-16 at 08:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-16 AT 08:26 PM (EST)

Flowerpower: Since this is the East Coast Spoiler thread when I wrote:

I was saying once I saw how the episode edit was pushing Alecia hard I figured they were developing Alecia as the decoy boot.

I thought with the tease about bug in the ear and then releasing a preview video of Jennifer showing the bug removal was that Jennifer was safe but no real evidence to back that up.

My hunch about Darnell possibly being the boot was from the lack of Alecia photos post challenge loss. Only part of Alecia's face is in the shot with Scot. And the first BIG photo after returning from the challenge loss was Darnell looking glum. This didn't seem credible enough to bring up before the episode aired.

Timed Ordered Return From Challenge Loss shots

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-18-16 at 08:35 PM
Okay, I definitely see your points, and agree!

The way you wrote the post made me think that you felt Darnell was the boot all along, and I just wanted to say, please share, we're all receptive to everyone's thoughts and opinions. That's the beauty of this site.

Posted by michel2 on 02-18-16 at 01:31 AM
Tai said: "I was totally trying to kiss him."

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-18-16 at 10:11 AM
Frankly, I think the Brawn's screwed up. I thought Darnell would have been the better choice to keep. Alicia = weakest physically and mentally, can't do straightforward jigsaw puzzles. Stood at the podium and had to be told by Jenny to get the pieces up....not thinking on her feet. And, as called out by Scot, she's a schemer. She could be dangerous.

Looks like the theme of the show will indeed be how HARSH and cruel surviving the elements can be. Aubrey was the first to introduce the theme.

Tai trying to kiss Caleb....hhahahahaha!

Posted by michel2 on 02-18-16 at 10:43 AM
But we shouldn't look at it as to what's good for the Brawns as a whole. This was Jason and Scot's decision and, for those two, Alecia is now completely tied to them. Darnell had a strong bond with Cydney that could have become a problem. It would have been easy for Cyd and Darnell to recruit Jennifer and boot one of the beards. Now, the two guys control the next boot and it will be either Alicia or Cydney.