URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8483
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Ep. 02 *no sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 02-07-16 at 05:10 PM
Title: "Kindergarten Camp"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S32 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Ep. 02 *no sources*"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-08-16 at 12:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-08-16 AT 12:01 PM (EST)

After viewing all of the bio clips on the new Daws, I will take a guess and say that the big tool, Nick, may say this about a few of his tribemates on the Beauty tribe. They seem to have the youngest group, Julia is 18, Michele is 24, Caleb is pretty basic, Anna is young...

Or, perhaps Kyle Jason or Scot says it about some on the Brawn tribe...Alecia, Cydney, and Darnell seem young?

RIP

Posted by michel2 on 02-08-16 at 12:11 PM
The big tool? I like the fact that you immediately associate him with a negative comment about his tribe mates.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-08-16 at 01:41 PM
While I agree that it's most likely said by someone about the really-young'uns in camp, I think we shouldn't discount that this could be said by someone much older, i.e. Joe, commenting on how the others (anyone younger than him) have taken over the camp and are doing things their way.

The word "camp" is there in the title, so that just jumps out at me as a word that someone who is FBI-trained or in the military would use.

Could be way off there, but wanted to throw it out there.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-08-16 at 03:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-16 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

Good point, Tribe PEPE LEPEW! Definitely, Joe could consider all of them kindergarteners....Regarding Nick, knowing that he was a blogger for RHAP gave him credence with me, until I saw his "Meet Nick" video. He seems arrogant and fake, and it appears that he is making a profession out of it....hmmmm.

....D'oh. Sorry Pepe...

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-08-16 at 05:14 PM
*fist pump*

My assimilation into the culture of all things Tribe is complete!

Posted by tribephyl on 02-09-16 at 02:08 AM
LOL

Getting credit for your work is beyond me, or apparently not.

Good insights, Pepe and while I actually did have a response at the ready last night, it apparently fell prey to my non-posting, again.

I was gonna agree with you, but also bring up the fact that Nick is suspect because of his vast amount of survivor history knowledge at his beck and call and is very likely of over-inflating his sense of superiority over the 'kindergarten camp' contingency at Gondol.

I actually see it almost exclusively happening on the Beauty tribe.
I don't see how the dynamics of Totang or Chanloh would result in an intellectual power struggle between someone who is intellectually (or strategically) superior to the rest of their tribemates. Age could indeed be a factor but not quite sure Joe could be standing in such a place of exclusivity on a tribe full of smarter than kindergartners.

Although, we haven't seen a single episode yet. So, the real call will come when we actually get a hint as to how each tribe is evolving.

"Dalton Ross Question"
Posted by CTgirl on 02-18-16 at 10:25 AM
Jeff talks about the premiere

Okay, sir, tease us up for next week!

The birth of one of the best and most unlikely bro-mances in Survivor history. How’s that?

Caleb & Tai?

"RE: Dalton Ross Question"
Posted by michel2 on 02-18-16 at 10:49 AM
Since we saw Tai trying to kiss Caleb it certainly could be them but I remember that Bryce was one of Nick's favorites in the first BBB. Maybe he becomes friends with the gardener.

Posted by kingfish on 02-18-16 at 05:32 PM
I kinda doubt that Tai's attempted kiss on the lips with Caleb will do anything but bring out the homophobia in Caleb. I recall that he tied to get Frankie booted from BB.

But who knows, Tai is entertaining, maybe Caleb will be won over.

Posted by Sheldor on 02-18-16 at 08:42 PM
Caleb attempted to throw the challenge but Frankie Grande finished the challenge by himself. However just about everyone wanted Frankie out as he was a big threat to win.

With Jeff saying an unlikely bro-mance develops and Press Release says "and on the beauty tribe, two castaways become quick friends" it has to be Tai/Caleb, Tai/Nick or Nick/Caleb and the most unlikely is Tai/Caleb as unlikely as Rudy/Rich

Posted by kingfish on 02-19-16 at 11:44 AM
Based on the personality and the thinking he displayed in his season of BB, Caleb is (IMO) not a likely pick to become BF with an openly gay guy that tried to steal a kiss in front of everone. However the promos do indicate that Caleb my not be as put off as I think he would be, and I'm beginning to think that that bro-mance might happen here.

It would show a maturity in Caleb that I haven't seen any sign of before.

The problem is that people like Caleb (or those who fit my idea of what Caleb is like) is that they are unwilling to be seen by others, his imagined peers, as being friends with a gay guy, because they are afraid that others will think that he might also be gay. That is often an underlying fear that promotes homophobia.

But Rudy's acceptance of Richard does show that it could happen, even though we (or at least I) haven't yet seen anywhere near the level of maturity in Caleb as we've seen in Rudy.

Posted by Sheldor on 02-19-16 at 08:15 PM
Dalton Ross interviewed Jeff Probst on this week's EW InsideTVPodcast and in this interview Jeff tells Dalton about the bromance between Tai and Caleb which is also featured in this week's first preview video.

Posted by kingfish on 02-21-16 at 10:25 AM
It has become abundantly clear that the pairing is Caleb/Tai. So, chalk one up for the maturing of Caleb.

Posted by tribephyl on 02-22-16 at 00:47 AM
No chalking it up to a recent surge in maturity.
Caleb has always been this way.
Not an exhaustive look by any means but when it comes to his "metro"ness, Caleb is certainly never above taking compliments (and even advances) from guys. I present exhibits A-F.

Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibit D (part 1)
Exhibit D (part 2)
Exhibit E
Exhibit F (part 1)
Exhibit F (part 2)

I believe your memory is just a bit misty.

Posted by kingfish on 02-22-16 at 09:24 AM
Can't dispute the Memory Misty-ness. It is an unfortunate fact.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-18-16 at 08:41 PM
After seeing the preview for the next episode, I think Kindergarten camp must come from someone on the Brains Tribe that is witnessing Debbie and her antics, perhaps.

Posted by Sheldor on 02-18-16 at 08:44 PM
Funny since I thought one of the OLD couple (Debbie or Joe) would be looking at the four young players in camp and say "Kindergarten Camp"!

"S32E02 Press Release"
Posted by Sheldor on 02-18-16 at 08:38 PM
ONE CASTAWAY GOES TO GREAT HEIGHTS TO RETRIEVE AN IDOL, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, FEB. 24

“Kindergarten Camp” – One castaway goes to great heights to retrieve an idol, and on the beauty tribe, two castaways become quick friends. Also, immunity and rewards are on the line at a taxing physical challenge, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Feb. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: The Game is On! Castaways search for hidden idols & compete in brutal challenges #Survivor #BrainsBrawnBeauty 2/24 8pm http://bit.ly/1PJe3DA

"RE: S32E02 Press Release"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-19-16 at 01:11 PM
1. One castaway goes to great heights to retrieve an idol,
See: Climbing a tree to find an idol.
What's interesting is that it separates itself from the next bit of tease, implying that either someone on Brawn or someone on Brain 'goes to great heights to retrieve an idol'.

2. and on the beauty tribe, two castaways become quick friends.
This appears to be Tai and Caleb.

3. Also, immunity and rewards are on the line at a taxing physical challenge
Regular hype about the challenge, adding more adjectives to the overall difficult, dangerous and demanding seasonal theme.