URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8475
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S32 | Pre-Season Press "

Posted by tribephyl on 12-18-15 at 00:28 AM
(All things related to... JP hype, MB anti-hype or CBS mis-direction.)
| aka Hype
. with Dalton via EW.
Regarding the weather conditions...
even hotter, but a lot less rainy. EXTREMELY HOT. No lie. Some of the hottest days of my Survivor career. And you will see it play out during the season. Cambodia is no joke.

As for what to look forward to...
Big characters, big moves, and big drama.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S32 | Pre-Season Press "
Posted by michel2 on 12-18-15 at 10:16 PM
Do we have the vidcaps of the promo that Jeff showed at the end of the reunion? There seemed to be a lot of information there.

"Post-Show Promo VIDCAPS"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-19-15 at 01:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-15 AT 02:00 AM (EST)

Transcript and Thumbnail-Vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net
The large version were missing at posting time.

Probst: For our 32nd season a new group of castaways take on the greatest adventure on television.
Debbie: I'm a electronics expert, a captain, a bartender, a photonics manufacturing supervisor. I'm a chemist, caretaker to nuns and between jobs, Red Lobster as a server.
Liz: I've achieved a lot. I have a degree from MIT. I got a perfect score on my SAT. I think everybody recognizes, I'm actually, unusually intelligent.
Scot: I used to play in the NBA for 11 years. I ran around and pushed people and I did it better than most people. My friends call me "Caveman" let alone my enemies. It's time for a caveman to win.
Cydney: People do find my muscles intimidating. I'm a woman taking care of her body, not just eating double cheeseburgers all day.
Tai: I'm a gardener. I love all living creatures. I want to be a gay, Asian guy, who is 51 year old, to win Survivor.
Caleb: I may not have all the brains but I do have some good looks. I am a man's man but at the same time, country boys like to dress up, too. It's time for a country boy to show his true colors up in here.
Probst: But what none of them know is that they're about to face the most punishing season in Survivor history.
Female: It just hurts so bad.
Medic: The infection can destroy it in a matter of hours.
Probst (talking to Medic): You are pulling him from the game?
Jason: My shoulders are just destroyed.
Probst (talking to female player): We're right here with you, alright? Stay with us. You're gonna be alright.
Female: Oh my God.
Probst: We're going to have an evacuation. Call for the chopper!
Probst: Brains versus Brawn versus Beauty.

However, I capped some too, in the mean time.
Concentrating, at the moment, on the med-evacs/medic-visits.
Probst: But what none of them know is that they're about to face the most punishing season in Survivor history.

Female: It just hurts so bad.

Medic: The infection can destroy it in a matter of hours.

Probst (talking to Medic): You are pulling him from the game?

Jason: My shoulders are just destroyed.

Probst (talking to female player): We're right here with you, alright? Stay with us. You're gonna be alright.
Female: Oh my God.

Probst: We're going to have an evacuation. Call for the chopper!

"RE: Post-Show Promo VIDCAPS"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-19-15 at 11:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-15 AT 11:54 PM (EST)

Thanks for posting, Tribe.

It looks like most of the medical events occur at challenges, you can see the flags, etc.

I think this is the smart, IQ, MIT grad, Liz, getting her bp checked here...

I think this is Tai, the gardner...

He's bald, and small....as the man looks to be on the ground?

This guy, with the infected old wound....he's got a white/blue plaid shirt on...and a bruised thumbnail...

This guy looks like he may have a 2nd degree sunburn on his shoulders....

This is a man who they are starting an IV on, just probably re-hydrating. If it's so hot, they could do this and let him stay in the game? He would bounce back quickly most likely with some good hydration....

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-20-15 at 08:51 AM
>I think this is the smart,
>IQ, MIT grad, Liz, getting
>her bp checked here...
>
>
>

This could be Aubry. Liz's hair in the smaller photo looks a little longer than in the top photo. Liz's eyebrows are thinner than Aubry's as well.

"Agreed!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-20-15 at 12:18 PM
Just saw a picture of the cast....here. I agree, that looks more like Aubry!

"RE: Agreed!"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-20-15 at 03:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-15 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

FloPo, looks like your nursing background is going to come in handy with spoiling this season.

A poster on Reddit shared these social media photos of Nick (I believe he's the former RHAP blogger), speculating that he might be the one with the infected leg injury. Not sure if the timing of these photos correlates with when the season was filming.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/11918019_1621624081456944_416848159_n.jpg

ETA: Sorry these links aren't work, but here's the URL to the post on Reddit if interested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivorspoilers/comments/3x7wwe/s32_social_media_spec/

"RE: Agreed!"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-29-15 at 06:58 PM
Next time, SQP, remove the 's' from 'https' and the images will post as normal.

Reddit Spec

"Nick's Surgery"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-09-16 at 09:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-16 AT 10:06 AM (EST)

Just seeing this now...or at least really looking at it...Squid, is there anyway we can find out the dates of these photos?

Regarding speculation whether Nick could be the guy with the leg wound that gets infected. Well, he could be, but the pictures of him in the hospital are from knee surgery. Look at the bottom left side of the frame, there are 2 snaps from the arthroscope. You can see he has a shredded meniscus of his right knee on the far left side, and then in the next pic, you see that it's been shaved and cleaned up. Nick had a Right Knee Arthroscopic Meniscectomy.

He could have torn his meniscus in the game, no question, or not. Tearing your meniscus does really hurt, and it prevents you from squatting with it.

FYI

Posted by kingfish on 12-20-15 at 02:36 PM
Looks like this season will be Survivor with a capital S. Will they actually kill someone before they get to Survivor 40?

Would not be surprised if Caleb is the one this season who is swimming challenged.

"Super-Idol"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-29-15 at 01:18 PM
InsideSurvivor (via Probst and Burnett)

From Celeb Dirty Laundry: Each camp will have a hidden immunity idol, and the tribe members will receive clues to search for the idols. The new twist this season is each immunity idol can be combined, which would create a super idol, giving the player more of an advantage during tribal council.
According to Inside Survivor, each idol is a hand-carved wooden ornament that looks like half a Yin-Yang symbol. The idols are able to connect together with a connector, creating a larger idol. The connector is important because it verifies the idols are both genuine—as only an authentic idol will fit in the connector.
The exact power of the ‘super idol’ is vague. When a player uses a single idol, the powers are as they always have been, and any votes cast for them will not count towards eviction. The more idols played, the additional power the castaway will have in tribal council. At this point, it is not known what it means for the game – only that Jeff Probst revealed it was ‘a HUGE game changer. ‘

"more Super-Idol intel"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-19-16 at 02:52 PM
From Dalton at EW

Essentially, JP describes the hidden idols twist as...

"If you find an idol, it has the regular powers of a normal idol, but when put together with another idol — two can actually fit together — they can be used as one super idol that can be played after the votes are read,"

"If you find someone else who has an idol and you are willing to combine your idols and play them together for one move, then you can play the idol after the votes have been cast and after they have been read," Probst further explained, calling the super-idol a "free pass."

"Redmond has this to say..."
Posted by tribephyl on 01-12-16 at 00:21 AM

Make bets now.

"?Jury Twist?"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-14-16 at 12:19 PM
SurvivorInsider spills some intel about the possibility of removing a juror from the final vote.

*sigh*

"RE: ?Jury Twist?"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-14-16 at 01:36 PM
Stupid.

In real life, you don't take a jury member out - you always go in with 12 jury members with an alternate.

Posted by CTgirl on 01-14-16 at 05:04 PM
I second the stupid!

Some twists have been good, some have not been so good but I don't like this one at all. But we all know that Survivor jumped the shark a long time ago and we still watch. And I will watch this too.

Posted by michel2 on 01-15-16 at 07:39 PM
This idea is wrong on more than one level. Someone could steal the million by removing the right jurors but there's more when we consider the juror himself. Making the merger and sitting on the jury are very important to the players. Not everyone can win but all then jurors should get a voice in the final decision. Taking that away is simply an insult.

Posted by kingfish on 01-16-16 at 09:40 AM
Tribe's intel (as stated, I haven't seen the source) doesn't say that the juror removal is a twist, which I'm assuming is the inference here. Could be an infraction related removal. There are a number of possibilities there. A great possibility (IMO); A Juror come into TC fresh off having been the victim of a vicious blindside engineered by someone he (she) especially despised, and, still seething with resentment, attacks the one who he (she) thinks caused his (her) downfall. Maybe on the trek to the voting booth, maybe during Probst's questioning.

If so it's neither an insult nor even really stupid. Except on the part of the infractor (infractee? infracterer?). And it would be an exciting episode and add to the lore of the game.

But, although I can dream, it probably is a twist. And is stupid. And is insulting to us and to them.

Echoing Tribe's sigh!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 01-16-16 at 01:18 PM
It'd help if you took the time to read:

"...someone will gain the power to remove a Jury member, thereby taking away their voting privileges at the Final Tribal Council."

Posted by kingfish on 01-16-16 at 03:16 PM
It was a day dream. As stated in the post.

You should learn to read.

(You really got a thing going, don't you).

Posted by michel2 on 01-16-16 at 09:01 PM
The person that should really take the time to read is Jiffy. He should read what we write instead of listening to his gushing fans.

Posted by tribephyl on 01-17-16 at 01:06 PM
I have a feeling the "Vote Twist" in S31, was in direct response to what happened in S32, with it's "Jury Twist".

Stephen held the power to invalidate a vote at TC. (When he DID finally use it, Ultimately it back-fired on him.)

I have another feeling that because of that, this 'twist' will fail. If it comes to fruition at all.

Imagine Stephen with the power to "remove a juror"...
Will it make a difference if he's not even in the F3?
Would he even tried to use it outside of actually getting into F3?
AND wouldn't it be received with about as much endearment as Spencer's TC threat to taint the jury from Ponderosa?

Not a fair way to win, and worse, ruins someone else's entire Survivor experience.
Imagine working hard throughout the entire tribal stage, to make it to merge, then to be back-stabbed by your "alliance, then to be shank'd AGAIN by one of those people AFTER being booted. And you have absolutely no recourse. No voice. No vote.
This goes Waaay beyond Jonathan/Wanda-level of "unfairness".

Posted by michel2 on 01-17-16 at 09:28 PM
Well written.

I really don't understand this need to invent all these new twists. None of them really worked and they certainly don't influence ratings. On the other hand, I do understand it: Just like the very first tribal swap in Africa, these twists help production influence the game to their desires.

Posted by kingfish on 01-19-16 at 10:01 AM
An interesting thought, in.re. S31 and S32. Does sound likely.

And it would be grossly unfair to the removed Juror. Not that that would be even a remote consideration for the producers, but what a revolting development that would be for that person.

On the bright side, that might provoke my favorite (at the moment) scenario, a physical attack by a juror on an F3 survivor at final TC. I mean, what would he have to lose? (Well, there might be a criminal charge and a lawsuit or two, but that's over-thinking it, right?)

"JP's Cast Assessment"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-09-16 at 05:01 AM
JP's Cast Assessment

I took the liberty of transcribing. (That'll teach me.)

Beauty

* Michele has this magnetic draw. People see her and they wanna be next to her, they wanna know about her and she knows that. She says "it's always been that way. I use it and I have no problem using it". But it's not just Michele's looks, she's a fan of the show and if your smart, on Survivor, a door will open because of your looks and you will walk in and close it behind you.
-------------
* Nick is obviously a great looking guy. He looks like Superman. But Nick has got an edge, for sure. He's cocky, bordering on arrogant. He think he knows everything. 100% villain. He knows that. There's no question, he's not a Hero. And I think he's gonna stir up chaos and I think he's smart enough to maybe pull it off. I'm very excited to see how he plays.
-------------
* The story on Julia is pretty simple. We've never had anyone this young, this sharp.
Julia (cam. conf.): "One of the things I want to do out here is prove that age is really just a number out here."
Right out of the gate, I'm pretty sure people will look at Julia and go "gotta get rid of the young girl". Julia is a sharp girl, she knows this game, has been watching for a long time. You don't meet many 18 year olds like her.
-------------
* Caleb, ...was on Big Brother and we had a lot of success with Hayden from Big Brother and there's something interesting in this experiment of taking somebody whose still a stranger to everybody else but they have maybe seen a part of him and if Caleb gets to the end, he's a super-star. Because to do that on Big Brother and then to come out here and do that out here, that is tough to do.
-------------
* Poker player Anna... Beauty of course, she said "my looks are actually an asset. You play poker, typically, with a lot of guys. And they got a cap and sunglasses and they haven't shaved, showered or eaten in months. I come in and people go 'oh'". And she goes "already, I'm a little ahead. Cause you're just looking at me, you're wondering 'could we date?' Never but I'm gonna let you think we might, while I bluff you into going all-in".
-------------
* Tai is a guy, that when he walked in the door he was on the show. He's that energy that I wish I had more of.
Tai (cam. conf.): I have a lot of story to tell. I can charm people. I'm not purposely, I'm just a nice guy.
That's how you should live a life. A proud man, gay man, asian-american man, who has this great love of the world and people and that's as beautiful as it gets. Tai would be one of the greatest winners ever, if he can get to the end.

Brains

* Neal is a really fun character.
Neal (cam. conf.): I'm an organic ice-cream entrepreneur.
and I say character because I think sometimes he plays that up. Neal is really bright and stealth-like and I think he gets the game in a way that I'm not even sure I understand. Cause I don't think he showed me everything. I can see Neal as winner and be very happy.
-------------
* Captain Debbie is best likened to somebody like Coach. She will tell you that she's a chemist, a boat captain, been in the air-force, high-fashion model. I dunno if she can do all of it or not. She will say, "well you know the torque on an engine on one of those boats is actually two points off to the..." *record scratch* I don't know what you're talking about.
Debbie's biggest downside is gonna be people doing this *tilts head questioningly* "You're weird. Get out." Debbie's gonna have a hard time winning this game.
-------------
* Peter, cocky, thinks he knows everything, which makes me love him more. Obviously a bright guy, he's a doctor and he works in an ER so he's use to that *points* "You're gonna be fine. *points* You're in trouble, let me deal with you." Where Peter is going to struggle is his ego. I would imagine right now everybody knows he's a doctor.
-------------
* Liz, you could argue, at first glance she belongs on the beauty tribe but then you delve a little deeper and find out she is a brain. She's the only person in the history of Survivor to score a perfect on the IQ test. When she finished the IQ test, she did the next test, which I don't think anybody has ever tried. And Liz is a gamer
Liz (in the water with unseen tribemates): How would a sci-fi version of Survivor go?"
she likes Survivor, she understands the strategy of Survivor. Liz needs to pick the right couple of people out of the gate and she could be in good shape.
-------------
* Joe pops up. 71 year old retired Navy guy, in the FBI. Fit like I wish I was. Finding somebody in their seventies, whose been through what Joe's been through in his life and looks like he looks, that's a gem. And I hoping that Joe does not get lumped into the old-guy category. "Just give me a chance, just don't judge me cause you think I'm old... I can kick your ass."
-------------
* Aubry. I love Aubry cause she's a nerd. And she embraces all of that.
Aubry (cam. conf.): "I kinda do things my own way and I really kinda pride myself in being a little bit weird."
But I think if she plays that up and let's people look at her as a "Oh and then there's Aubry, yeah", she could just move along, stay in the flow, until she makes her move.

Brawn

* Cydney is a perfect example of why divisions like Brain, Brawn and Beauty work. She's a body-builder so we put her on Brawn. Even though Cydney's on the Brawn tribe, clearly very attractive and... super smart. And what she loves is that "No one will ever presume at how bright I am." She could be a player and I really do think Cydney would surprise people. I don't think they'll see it coming.
-------------
* Scot Pollard, excites me so much that he's on the show.
Scot (cam. conf.): "I played in the NBA for 11 years. I retired in 2008. I'm 6'11" and I weigh 310lbs."
You know, he's this big, bruising guy and he was just so empathetic and vulnerable. I also really like Scot's approach to the game. "I'm gonna tell people straight up, I played in the NBA, there's no lying and I did make a lot of money but here's what I want to do, I wanna beat Cliff Robinson. I wanna go the furthest of any athlete" and then if he gets in and he's got a tight alliance, anything can happen.
-------------
* Alecia is a time-bomb. She is crazy one minute and then super-focused the next. She comes from this legacy in boxing. She's been around brawn her entire life. So I think Alecia is going to either going to have to rein herself in or go to somebody and say "Listen, if I start going off, pull me back. Cause I actually can be an asset in this game" But Alecia's gonna have a hard time winning this game.
-------------
* Darnell is a massive question mark for me. He'll tell you "I grew up on the streets. I've been in some hairy situations, I've learned to think on my feet. I can do it." But Survivor's a different thing. Darnell is either going to acclimate quickly to the conditions, in which he'll be fine or he's going to be completely overwhelmed, in which he will not.
-------------
* Love Jenny. Jenny is somebody who comes in and tells you her entire story in 5 minutes and you can't believe it's true and then you dig a little deeper and you go "oh my god" and you dig a little deeper and you go "I need a beer." And now, she has her own construction company. She's really attractive, physically fit and she has that thing that no one else out here has which is, "I've had a lot of time to think about who I wanna be and how I wanna behave and how I wanna play this game." So, don't you ever underestimate Jenny.
-------------
* Jason, I liked him the second he walked in the room. I liked the way he talked about his little girls. It could be a well rehearsed speech that he uses when he's doing his bounty hunting as a way to connect him to the person he's trying to capture. For me, it worked. He's a really sensitive guy who will kick your ass "if I have to". He's a massive threat because I think his story is really good.

"RE: JP's Cast Assessment"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-09-16 at 09:44 AM
Thanks so much for transcribing, Tribe!

You know, with the tease that someone gets a bug in their ear, and seeing the press images pointing to a brawn loss, then finally coupling all that with the future vidcap of Cydney, Kyle Jason, and Scot walking somewhere, it leaves us with a boot choice of Alecia, Jennifer, and Darnell. After reading your transcription of Jiffy's assessments, and reviewing the "meet the cast" videos, I am liking Jennifer more and more and out of the three, think she could be the safest. Darnell and Alecia don't give me a good vibe at all, and Jennifer really did. But, we all know, you don't need much of an excuse to vote someone off, especially when you barely know them. Yet, a bug in the ear is not something that will restrict her performance in challenges, especially if the Doctor is able to remove it, which he should be able to.

RIP

"RE: JP's Cast Assessment"
Posted by CTgirl on 02-10-16 at 04:11 PM
After watching the CBS videos and JP's assessment, I don't think Jennifer is booted. I think that the bug in her ear is the misdirection. I agree that Alecia and Darnell didn't impress me.

"Jeff Probst Previews Survivor Kaoh Rong"
Posted by Sheldor on 02-16-16 at 07:41 PM
Jeff Probst Previews Survivor Kaoh Rong: Brains vs Beauty vs Brawn
http://parade.com/457620/joshwigler/jeff-probst-previews-survivor-kaoh-rong-brains-vs-beauty-vs-brawn/

Pulling out the direct Jeff Probst quotes...

“It’s very different,” says Survivor host and head honcho Jeff Probst. “It’s a completely different feel. You almost can’t believe it’s the same location, it’s so different.”

“This will go down as the toughest 39 days any group has ever faced,” says Probst, “and you see that within the 90-minute premiere—there are already three people who have fairly big issues to deal with.”

Maybe Mark Burnett meant there were "three people who have fairly big issues to deal with" not 3 medical evacuations?

“Here’s what’s deceiving about a game like Survivor,” he says. “When I say, ‘We had some really bad infections this season,’ people hear that and they go, ‘I’ve had a bad infection. I went to a doctor, got a little shot, and it was fine.’ And that’s true, but when you’re on an island with unclean water, extreme heat, bugs, and you get a cut in the ocean, and you can’t go to the local doctor to get a shot, and the infection grows… it can grow so fast and spread so fast that it can truly become life-threatening. Not life-threatening in the sense of you’re not going to feel good; life-threatening in the sense of, you might lose your leg.”

“The conditions impact your critical thinking,” says Probst. “You’re already worried about having enough energy to get through the day, but you can’t really do that five-levels-ahead strategy. You have to conserve your energy to stay alive, you have to conserve your energy for the challenges, and you need to sleep so you can think—but you can’t sleep because other people are making moves. It’s a fascinating thing to watch.”

“You now have a game in which people are exhausted,” he continues. “People are getting injured, advantages are hard to come by, trust is rare, you can’t think straight, and you have to make big moves.”

“Almost all of our themes, anything that revolves around the way we divide the players, typically comes from the casting process,” he says. “We put a lot of faith in our ability to figure it out as it’s unfolding in front of us, and that was the case with this group.”

Prost says it began with the Brains tribe: Chan Loh, wearing blue buffs. “We had this group of huge IQs, and we immediately started thinking, ‘Man, we could have another Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty season on our hands.'”

...and Peter Baggenstos, an emergency room doctor who often gets mistaken for Barack Obama. “He doesn’t just look presidential,” says Probst. “He’s a very bright guy whose career puts him in crisis situations.”

(Joseph Del Campo) “He was a hostage negotiator, and his No. 1 attribute is patience,” says Probst. “He had to be able to sit and listen and wait for the moment to make his move.”

“She’s had somewhere between 15 and 100 careers,” says Probst, likening Debbie to someone like unforgettable Survivor personality Coach Ben Wade. “Debbie’s on the Brains tribe, so clearly she’s a bright woman, but socially, is her need to constantly list her resume going to resonate with the rest of the tribe?”

Likewise, standing at a towering 6’11”, Pollard was a natural fit for the Brawn tribe—but “Survivor takes a lot more than being big,” says Probst.

Jason will get in there and mix it up,” says Probst. “He has no problem telling you everything that’s wrong with you, refusing to call you by your name, and only calling you by a nickname he’s assigned to you.”

18-year-old Julia Sokolowski, one of the youngest Survivor contestants ever. “She just finished high school, was just starting college, and now she’s up against a group that includes people in their 40s going as high as their 70s,” says Probst. “What’s really fun about watching Julia is that she can hang. I think she’s going to inspire a bunch of young women to realize that in life, you’re more capable than you think.”

(When asked who has the best hair of the season, Probst readily identifies Nick: “It’s long on top, and he kind of has to whip it over so it falls across his face. I’m always amazing, impressed, and ENVIOUS, in capital letters, of guys who know how to work their hair even when there’s no mirror around.”)

“CBS was really high on Caleb, and I have to be honest, I wasn’t as excited to have him on the show,” admits Probst. “But I was 100% wrong. Caleb is awesome. I think he has things that will resonate with a lot of people: He’s an army vet, he’s religious, he’s a complete team player—but at the same time, he’s telling people, ‘You will never outlast me.’ He will not step down.”

Tai is the one who came in and he, at least for me, solidified that this was the way we were going to go,” says Probst. “He represented beauty in a way we hadn’t seen before. It’s authentic. I firmly believe the audience is going to fall in love with Tai, and they will understand immediately why he’s on the Beauty tribe.”

Probst looks at the cast of Kaôh Rōng and sees a group unlike many he’s seen before. “I think this is a cast we haven’t seen in a while. There are some very quote-unquote ‘unique’ players,” he says. “There are some interesting people this season that I think the audience is going to root for—or even against, which is often the case.”

Pulling the lens back even further, Probst sees Kaôh Rōng as markedly different from Second Chance, but also two parts of the same whole. If Second Chance is one of the most strategically complicated versions of the game (and a “top five” season, according to Probst), then Kaôh Rōng is the ambassador of the other keynote aspect of Survivor: The intensely harsh, all-too-real brutality of survival.

“I think that’s a great way to explain it. It’s a contrast of two different elements of the game,” says Probst. “If you’ve ever had any doubt that Survivor is real, this season will prove that it is very real.”

"RE: Jeff Probst Previews Survivor Kaoh Rong"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-16-16 at 10:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-16 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting, Sheldor!

Daws he mentions:

Peter
Joe
Debbie: negative
Scot
Kyle Jason
Julia
Caleb
Tai
Nick

Probst mentions all of the above in this preview. 8 out of that group ALSO had confessionals in the intro. Interesting! Anna is the only one missing.

I think Debbie could be an early boot...she needs to watch her mouth, imo...

**Note to self: Must start at least reading who makes the post and not ASSume that it's always Tribe....d'oh!

"RE: Jeff Probst Previews Survivor Kaoh Rong"
Posted by Sheldor on 02-17-16 at 00:23 AM
Flowerpower: I'm Sheldor not Tribe!

You're welcome.

Thanks for the correlation with the confessionals in the intro!

"Host Jeff Probst Offers Inside Look At ‘Survivor’ "
Posted by Sheldor on 02-17-16 at 02:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-16 AT 02:28 AM (EST)

Host Jeff Probst Offers Inside Look At ‘Survivor’ During 1010 WINS Q&A
February 16, 2016 7:33 PM
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/02/16/jeff-probst-survivor-q-a-1010-wins/

34 Minute 55 Second Interview of Jeff Probst, Parvati Shallow and Stephen Fishbach as they and the host and school kids watched Episode 1 (most of it) and gave their reactions to the first episode and took Q&A.

Brigitte Quinn hosts Survivor Day at 1010 WINS with Jeff Probst, Parvati Shallow and fan favorite Stephen Fishbach. (Photo: Joe Cingrana/CBS Local)

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — As fans get pumped for the season premiere, host and executive producer Jeff Probst stopped by on Tuesday for an animated discussion with 1010 WINS’ Brigitte Quinn on all things “Survivor.”

From what his favorite season is (there’s 32 in case you haven’t been counting), to what’s in store for fans on the upcoming “SURVIVOR: Kaoh Rong,” Probst fielded tough questions from an audience of hard-core fans with help from former winner Parvati Shallow and fan favorite Stephen Fishbach.

When it comes to alliances and and people teaming up against one another, Probst said one thing you can expect this season touches on a theme of bullying.

“And I think it’s going to be interesting for parents to talk to their kids,” Probst said, likening the first days of a new “Survivor” season to being in a new school and not knowing who to trust. “It really gets complicated quickly.”

“It’s tough, it’s really tough,” said Parvati.

One 9-year-old audience member even got Probst to divulge something he’s never shared before: his favorite season.

“I think last season — I really do,” he said. “It was the best time I had out there because every single person played — every person, from first out to last out.” Probst added that’s what they had dreamed of for the show.

So would Probst play the game himself?

“Yes, I would definitely play it,” he said. “It’s a killer game; who wouldn’t want to play it?”

As for the upcoming season themed Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty, one fan wanted to know which tribe Probst would fall into.

“I would put myself in brain tribe — even though my IQ is not that high,” he said.

Another fan wanted to know if there was a common thread or trait that can be found in the winners of the show.

“You have to be adaptable,” said Parvati.

“You have to be able to compromise,” Fishbach added, saying it’s important to find similarities with other people beyond the differences you see.

Probst was quite frank when it came to the possibility of a winners’ season, saying they would do one when they had enough good winners. Bluntly, he admitted he wasn’t sure he would want to bring back some of the earlier winners because they aren’t “compelling enough.”

“We’re getting close, but we’re not quite there,” Probst said.

Here’s one inside tip Probst revealed that you probably didn’t know: the new season “SURVIVOR: Kaoh Rong” was actually filmed BEFORE last season’s “Survivor: Second Chance.”

“We make the show for the fans, that’s it,” Probst said.

The new season of “SURVIVOR: Kaoh Rong” premieres with a special 90 minute episode on Wednesday, Feb. 17 at 8 p.m. ET/9 p.m. PT on CBS2

"WOW"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-17-16 at 10:54 AM
Thanks for finding and posting that, Sheldor! I listened to it and transcribed interesting parts, and yes, there is some spoiler stuff....

Parvati, Stephen Fish, Jiffy were all present and set up to be interviewed, and a Q and A with an audience of children. They all got to see the premier episode, but I don't think they saw the final vote....here are some interesting tidbits:

They felt sorry for the blonde girl? (Alecia) Poor blondie, she didn’t even get a name (**someone gives everyone a nickname, I think they are referring to Kyle Jason, and apparently, Alecia doesn't get one and they call her "Blondie")....

Jiffy: What is it like when people team up on you?
Parvati: Tough, already in uncomfortable environment, then going into a group and have people push you out, makes you feel like an outcast, already at this level of heightened sensitivity and then no one likes/talks to you, no one wants to sit with you...very emotionally scarring.

Stephen: Tai...don’t hurt the tree!
Anyone that stood out to you?
Stephen: Tai, so adorable....gardener thing, scrappy and gentle, don’t hurt the tree, all the other guys were acting manly/macho and he expressed his sensitive side...

Jiffy: Alecia ~ not giving her a name, calling her blondie....interesting part of Survivor, they are disrespecting you unless they are your buddy....early in the season foreshadow bullying to come later, it happens this season, a good time for parents to talk to their kids, what do you do?....Gets complicated quickly, a game for a million dollars!

Stephen: When Aubrey had her freak out too, and went over to her tribe and they welcomed her and consoled her and Debbie, where there was no connection before, and she offered that friendship and that warmth to her...

Jiffy: When a friend is in trouble you help them out, that bug thing, call on radio, bug in ear, others were saying its water, Alecia said it was water.... Camera men were ecstatic that they got the bug crawling out on film!

Common thread of winners that help people win the game?
Parvati: You have to be adaptable, have presence, don’t get too caught up in your own personal story, be able to work with others
Stephen: be able to compromise, find common ground with people that are not like you, find the similiarities.
Jeff: the type of winners have changed, now the game is getting faster and smarter...Michele: reminds Jeff of Parv, but doesn’t appear to be like Parv....Michele: plays it exactly the opposite, I’m attractive? Well, I guess, I am kind of a hippie, she low keys it, to me it shows the different layers of how people approach life even within the same beauty tribe, people approach their beauty in diff ways.

Challenges: can they hear you , Jeff? Do we see it all, do they yell at you? Jeff gets in their head at challenges...they do interact with him during the challenges...

Winners season: Jeff: Yes, we are going to do one once they get enough good winners...alot of early winners, don’t know if they would bring them back on, are the early winners compelling enough to watch?

Jeff doesn’t want to know the details of the day to day events unless they are remarkable. During TC he wants to know who they think is going to go,
who’s leading, who’s following, who’s the pain in the #####, the good players use me as a bumper...ask him a question to get at someone else...

**Jiffy: Episode 4: will see one of the most compelling episodes we’ve ever done, truly in terms of being really scary. We break the walls down and let you see the truth, see what really happens when chaos strikes, and you will also be reminded that we are really good in emergency situations and that people are safe on survivor and it’s an episode you will definitely remember...

My thoughts:

*Alecia is the outcast on the Brawn tribe.
*Sounds like Tai is "different" on his tribe
*Debbie is more socially empathetic and sensitive to others, than first appears from the first 5 minutes.Debbie endears herself to some.
*Bully's: Kyle Jason, Scot?, Cydney? ?? definitely bullies on the brawn tribe. ?Villains?
*Michele uses her feminine charms effectively like Parv did, but in a different way.
*The challenge where 3 different people go down at the same time and at least one needs to be medivac'd, Caleb, will occur in episode 4. From this we can infer that Tai, Julia, Caleb all live to episode 4.

"RE: WOW"
Posted by michel2 on 02-17-16 at 11:42 AM
Jiffy: "Yes, we are going to do one once they get enough good winners...alot of early winners, don’t know if they would bring them back on, are the early winners compelling enough to watch?"

Let me try to understand this: Francesca, Woo, the Monicas, Kat and so many others were better to watch than Brian, Chris and Danni? Jeff truly is a moron.

"Jeff Probst Players To Watch"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-30-16 at 06:45 PM
Not sure if these articles have been posted to this or other threads but I couldn't find them.

Survivor: Kaôh Rōng host Jeff Probst sizes up former NBA player Scot Pollard
Posted February 5 2016 — 11:15 AM EST
http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=post&forum=DCForumID2&om=8475&omm=0

So how did Pollard end up on an island in Cambodia? “He’d been in the mix a bit, but it all came together this season,” says host Jeff Probst. Okay, but can he keep his high-profile (not to mention high-paying) past from the other contestants? “I think his size makes him a target for early speculation,” says Probst. “Folks may be asking, ‘What does a guy this big do for a living?’ So being recognized is definitely a concern, but I think he has a pretty good story prepared to explain why he could still deserve to win.”

And what does Probst think of the free-spirited Pollard and how he’ll do in the game. “I loved Scot from the moment I met him. He’s a big guy with a big personality that can swing from a true gentle giant that will take care of you to a guy who would just as soon bury you — with a shovel.”

Can Caleb from Big Brother hack it on Survivor? Jeff Probst weighs in
Posted February 13 2016 — 10:21 AM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/13/survivor-jeff-probst-caleb-reynolds

Even Survivor host Jeff Probst was skeptical at first, but says his fears were unfounded. “Initially I wasn’t sure about Caleb,” says Probst. “But he definitely won me over in a big way. There is zero doubt that he is made for this game. He’s very likable, an incredibly hard worker, and he has just the right amount of confidence/cockiness that you need to get the jury to vote for you to win.”

Jeff Probst names the players to watch on Survivor: Kaôh Rōng
Posted February 16 2016 — 12:57 PM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/16/survivor-jeff-probst-kaoh-rong

Debbie caught our attention from the moment we met her,” says Probst of the 49-year-old chemist. “She has more careers, more skills, and claims to have more knowledge about more things than anyone I have ever met in my entire life, including Elon Musk. How much of it is fully true and how deep her knowledge goes is a question to be answered. But I have zero doubt the audience will have a take on her very fast.”

Probst is also bullish on the cast’s two oldest contestants, including a 51-year-old Vietnamese gardener. Tai is going to be someone the audience gravitates to very quickly. He’s a gardener who loves all living things and yet has chosen to play one of the nastiest games ever invented. He is also from Vietnam so he’s very comfortable in this part of the world and should be an early asset to his team. We also have Joe, a 72 year old former FBI agent/hostage negotiator. He’s an easy target because of his age and there isn’t anything he can do about it. But whether he lasts one day or all 39 — he’s an inspiring guy and he is in great shape for someone in their eighth decade of living.”

I also asked the host about a few other contestants, including bodybuilder Cydney Gillon, because big bulky types have not always done well out in these conditions.“I think the toughest part for Cydney will be the lack of calories,” says Probst. “Every time we have had a super toned athlete they struggle more than anyone else because they are so used to devouring a lot of food. Cydney’s body is really a work of art. She is chiseled. I think she’ll be seen as valuable early on if for no other reason than she can truly carry her own weight.”

And then there is 31-year-old bounty hunter Kyle Jason, who describes his hobbies as “kicking in doors, getting tattoos and riding my motorcycle.” Is Kyle all bark or is there some bite there as well? “Kyle makes a big impression, and I think it’s a well-crafted presentation that works for him,” answers Probst. “His appearance could definitely lead to a first impression of a hard, scary guy. But he does have a very nurturing quality to him. The question is, which part of his personality will win out under the extreme conditions of this season? I also think Kyle is a guy who can come across as loyal without ever truly considering himself loyal to anyone.”

Jeff Probst Players to Watch:
  • Scot Pollard
  • Caleb Reynolds
  • Debbie Wanner
  • Tai Trang
  • Joseph "Joe" Del Campo
  • Cydney Gillon
  • Kyle Jason

As of the start of Episode 7 Merge *NONE* of these players has been voted out though Caleb was Medically Evacuated.

Still in the game but NOT one of Jeff's "Players To Watch"

• Aubry
  • Julia
  • Michele
  • Neal
  • Nick

"RE: Jeff Probst Players To Watch"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-13-16 at 06:53 PM
I posted the above article before Episode 7

It is now 2 Episodes later before Episode 9

Jeff Probst Players to Watch:

• Scot Pollard
  • Caleb Reynolds (Medically Evacuated)
  • Debbie Wanner
  • Tai Trang (Holds HII)
  • Joseph "Joe" Del Campo
  • Cydney Gillon *NO Intro Confessional*
  • Kyle Jason (Holds HII)

As of the start of Episode 7 Merge 9 still *NONE* of these players has been voted out though Caleb was Medically Evacuated.

Still in the game but NOT one of Jeff's "Players To Watch"

• Aubry *NO Intro Confessional*
  • Julia *NO Intro Confessional*
  • Michele *NO Intro Confessional*
  • Neal *NO Intro Confessional* (Held HII)
  • Nick