URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8471
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S31 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Finale *No Sources*"

Posted by CTgirl on 12-10-15 at 10:57 PM
Title: "Lie, Cheat and Steal"

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"EW Tease"
Posted by CTgirl on 12-10-15 at 10:58 PM
Okay, six players left as we head to the finale/reunion. What can you tell us about both next Wednesday night?

The finale is … phenomenal. Historic. Unpredictable. And ultimately satisfying. I think it will cap off, in grand fashion, what most fans will regard as one of — if not THE greatest season of Survivor. I have absolutely loved the way this group played. I am proud and impressed by the level of fierce dedication to playing to win. Everybody went big. I hope future players take a note from this season. You want to be a part of something amazing? You want a shot at being asked back? You want to be remembered? You have to play big. You have to remember that if there are 20 people playing, 95 percent of you will lose. So you truly have very little to lose. GO BIG or do yourself and your family a favor and STAY HOME.

(Happy face is Jiffy's!)

"CBS Press Release"
Posted by CTgirl on 12-10-15 at 11:01 PM
AFTER 39 DAYS, ONE CASTAWAY WILL BE CROWNED SOLE SURVIVOR AND TAKE HOME THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF “SURVIVOR,” FOLLOWED BY THE LIVE REUNION SHOW, WEDNESDAY, DEC. 16

“Lie, Cheat and Steal” – Six castaways battle it out for a shot in the final three, and a shocking tribal council delivers a Survivor first. Later, the final three castaways plead their cases for the $1 million prize, on the two-hour season finale of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Dec. 16 (8:00-10:00PM, ET/PT), followed by the one-hour live reunion show hosted by Jeff Probst (10:00-11:00PM, live ET/delayed PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: After 31 seasons, a #Survivor 1st at tribal council! Who will win $1 Million? #SurvivorSecondChanceFinale

So the Survivor first is NOT a tie at final tribal. Probably Kelly's idol and Jeremy's cancel out all the votes?

"RE: CBS Press Release"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-11-15 at 09:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-15 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 12-11-15 AT 09:38 AM (EST)

Thanks for posting all the titles and tweets this season, CTGirl! I always appreciate you digging them up!

SeeBS Misdirection Clues:

1. Lie, Cheat and Steal" Someone is ready to lie, cheat and steal to get to the end, but which one says it? Spencer? Jeremy? Tasha? Kimmi? Kelley? I see them all saying it, sans Keith.

2. 6 DAWS battle it out for a shot in the F3... Duh. Starts out with 6, and we saw them mentioning their quest for the F3 last week.

3. ....AND, a shocking TC delivers a Survivor first. Since the next sentence says, Later, the F3 castaways plead their cases for the $1 million prize, we can ASSume that the shocking TC delivering the Survivor first is BEFORE, as CTGirl noted, the F3 final Tribal. So it occurs at F6, F5, OR at F4. They have to dump 3 daws before the F3 Final Tribal. F5 is the last time they can use their idols.

I am with CTGirl, I think that's a great guess as to the Survivor First. Most likely happens at F6 TC. We see Kimmi go to Keith, who is with Kelley. Kimmi is most likely privy to the target for Spencer/Jeremy/Tasha. Jeremy either wins the IC, and then passes his HI to Spencer or Tasha, OR, Spencer wins the IC, Jeremy plays his HI on himself. They vote Kelley, Kelley and company vote either Jeremy or Spencer (whoever doesn't win the IC), both Jeremy and Kelley play the HI's, all votes nullified, revote. For the revote, they vote for one without immunity ~ Keith, Kimmi, or Tasha. ...does it end in a purple rock, or will someone switch their vote?

If they are all playing so BIG, as Jiffy suggests, then I suspect we could have a purple rock at F6, Tasha/Kimmi/Keith all have to pick rocks?

Long story short: all votes at F6 TC are nullified as the two vote getters both play HI's. Revote ~ Tie ~ Purple Rock ~ Boot.

ETA: Rembrandt reminded me, it will NOT be a purple rock, most likely. Because if it goes to a rock, the first two people that get votes, re: Tasha and Keith, would be immune at that point, and the only one it could be would be Kimmi. So, Kimmi would most likely change her vote to Keith, in order to avoid being booted herself.

If Kelley is immune at F6, I would suspect that she goes at F5, IF, she doesn't win immunity.

Posted by michel2 on 12-11-15 at 06:37 PM
If all the votes get nullified by the two idols on the first vote and the second cote also ends in a tie, it wouldn't be decided by a rock. Three people immune and two with equal numbers of vote at F6 is the same as a tie at F4 so they would have to go to a fire challenge. Kimmi would not have to switch her vote...if they explain the situation to her.

However, with 4 TCs to go in two hours, can they afford to hold a fire challenge?????? It's messed up. The season wasn't bad but this promises to be a crappy ending.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-11-15 at 10:19 PM
A better way of phrasing that last sentence: We can perhaps guess they didn't have a fire challenge as they're fitting in all these ICs, TCs and the final TC in two hours. I'd bet that on the revote after all votes are nullified by the HIIs, Kimmi saves herself by voting for Keith rather than to face a fire challenge (or something else).

"RE: S31 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Finale *No Sources*"
Posted by michel2 on 12-11-15 at 07:34 AM
"Lie, Cheat and Steal"

Is Scout back?

Posted by Corvis7 on 12-11-15 at 03:08 PM
Have there been other final episodes with six Survivors still in the game?

Posted by Sheldor on 12-11-15 at 05:55 PM
Corvis7 asked: "Have there been other final episodes with six Survivors still in the game?"

Only previous seasons with 6 or more players in the Finale all included Redemption Island

• S22 8 Player Finale (RI=(Grant, Matt, Mike, Andrea), Ashley, Natalie, Phillip, Boston Rob)
  • S23 6 Player Finale (RI=(Brandon, Ozzy), Rick, Albert, Coach, Sophie)
  • S26 7 Player Finale (RI=(Hayden, Laura, Tina), Ciera, Gervase, Monica, Tyson

• "RE: S31 | Title, Tweets and Teases | Finale *No Sources*"
    Posted by michel2 on 12-11-15 at 06:42 PM
    They never had more than 3 TCs in the finale. Now they will need four. Counting the challenges, that means Jiffy will probably be in every scene. He gets a Second Chance for his talk show and now in prime time. I was never interested in his talk show and I don't feel excited about this version either. He'll botch another reunion because they'll need to use some of that time for the final vote.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-11-15 at 06:50 PM
    With 3 people to kill off before the final tribal, will there be time for any rewards at all?

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-11-15 at 08:27 PM
    I wonder if they'll do some quick memory/quiz type of challenges (for RC or TC) to save time. Some of these folks really seem to need food, so I hope there's at least 1 more RC.

And for sure they won't have time for "Fallen Comrades" or whatever they used to call the segment where they reflect on each person who's been voted out. (Not that I'll miss that.)

Posted by Sheldor on 12-11-15 at 10:22 PM
    Flowerpower wrote:
    With 3 people to kill off before the final tribal, will there be time for any rewards at all?

Unlikely. So far the most challenges we've had in the Finale Episode has been 3 (Redemption Island Challenge and 2 Immunity Challenges or a Reward Challenge and 2 Immunity Challenges)

• 3x (RC, IC/TC) = S15, S25, S26
  • 10x (IC/TC, IC/TC) = S13, S14, S16, S17, S18, S19, S20, S21, S24, S28
  • 3x (RI, IC/TC, IC/TC) = S22, S23, S27
  • 2x (RC, IC/TC, IC/TC) = S29, S30
  • SquidProQuo wrote:
    And for sure they won't have time for "Fallen Comrades" or whatever they used to call the segment where they reflect on each person who's been voted out.

It was called "Rites Of Passage" and I really miss it!

"Fallen Comrades" is a Trivia Challenge about the players who have been voted out.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-11-15 at 10:23 PM
    IIRC, there was a duel in Redemption Island that took up extra time on top of the three TCs so that was like a four-TC night, about the same amount of time to be expended on challenges+TCs.

We all lose by getting the in-camp scrums edited out of the show because they're fitting in all of these ICs and TCs.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-12-15 at 11:29 AM
    It seems that they cut more and MORE of the final jury questions and answers as well. Last season I remember thinking, OMG, no open-ended questions and no expounding and I distinctly got the impression it was ALL cut!