URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8469
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S:31|East Coast Spoiler Thread|Ep 13"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 08:39 PM
Please place all comments regarding tonights episode in this thread until the West Coasters have gotten to see the episode in it's entirety! Thanks so much!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Previously on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 09:08 PM
At the last IC, Joe gave it his all and lost. After collapsing Joe was fighting for his life int the game, but the women wanted the biggest threat out. Fearing an all women's all. Jeremy and Spencer had a difficult decision. At TC, Keith was kept out of the loop, when Jeremy and Spencer voted with the women sending Joe to the jury, with numbers dwindling and alliances in short supply, uncertainty is at an all time hight, who's next?

see them come back at night, Abi: TC tonight was a spectacle, Joe was out, nobody has much compassion toward Joe now, everyone is glad he's gone....she says, good riddance. Kelly says that now we have an equal chance to win challenges

Keith conf: I was out of the loop, I wanted to get Tasha out...

they talk about the votes

Tasha: Keith decided to vote for me, he is the last person that I want the guys to align with or the girls, he just put a target on his back

Next AM: day 33 Kels says Jeremy...

last 7, can you believe it, man!

Kelley: there is 7 people out here, so every dec could affect your end game, I am not closed off to anything, what I have tried to do the whole game, stressful, don't know right now

see Jeremy and Spencer walking down the beach with their coffee: we are in trouble, buyers remorse

Spencer: last TC, I took out Joe, and now I have to hope that there is a group of 4 for me...

I am worried about Tasha, me too, make sure she is with us, and then make sure Kimmi is with us, or we are done

Spencer continues: tasha told me that yo and Jeremy are my ideal F3...there very well may be a girls alliance that could take us out, but if the girls are real I have no options and I don't want to play from the bottom, it's demoralizing, I feel my game slipping away, It's always scary, just pray I can keep it together going toward the end....

hhhhhmmmmmm? All Spencer's perspective!

"RC Challenge..."
Posted by tribephyl on 12-09-15 at 09:16 PM
Spencer first off with his rope. Keith, then Jeremy and Tasha.
Keith and Spencer leading through ladder build. (But do they have enough rope?)
Jeremy and Keith now leading.
Keith now throwing.
Jeremy doesn't have enough rope.
Neither does Spencer.
Keith is demolishing everyone else.
Tasha is finally starting to toss bags.
Jeremy throwing but doesn't have enough rope to retrieve his tossed bags to rethrow.
Keith wins.
Keith chooses... Kelley (as payback for getting to spend time with his wife)... and Spencer.(Claims he has no logic in his choices. He feels for him not seeing his girlfriend.)
Tasha is frustrated. Promises to go back to camp and "game on".
Keith's ramblin' on has Tasha wondering if he's REALLY that simple.

"Reward Challenge...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 09:17 PM
Come on in: Last time this played, Keith won!

See Jeremy and Spencer as they come in.

attached to a rope, race to unspool that rope, have enough, then spool a bridge then use sand bags to knock down things. Winner goes to the temples where you started this journey, blessed by the monks, food, spend the night, once in a life time to do something extraordinary

Second chance for Keith to win again!

Here we go, for reward

Unspool the rope thill you think you have enough to get through this entire course. Rope will be with you the entire time, nothing is easy on survivor on day 33. Spencer and Keith, Tasha and Jeremy then Kelley, then Kimmi, then Abi.

Assemble bridge step by step, Keith and Jeremy and Spencer....do they have enough rope to get themselves to the end...Jeremy and Keith are side by side....Keith is tossing, and Jeremy doesn't have enough rope,must go back. Keith with a nice toss...Does Keith have enough rope to retrieve his sand bags....Jeremy's rope was tangled and he untangles....Spencer has to go back to get more rope.

Opens the door for Keith. Tasha is tossing now....Spencer getting more rope. Tasha has to go back to get more rope...Keith is doing great, down to 2 blocks left. Jeremy has to go back, and Keith wins it for the 2nd time!

Keith is WINNER!

he gets to choose the 2 people to go with him....one person to join....Kelley, she helped me, I will help her, she brought me my wife...one more person...Spencer, he chooses. Thank you. See Jeremy. Why Spencer? No real logic. I look at Jeremy, he's married, him and Val solid. Tahsha's little cousin, Spencer's new girl, didn't get to see her, so it sounds logic. Keith Nale just rattling on at the mouth.

Tasha? you look frustrated now.

She says that sometimes it's more advantageous to stay back, I am ready to go to work

In conf: Keith couldn't even remember my name, is he really that slow?

Kelley: we get to go on Reward, part of this game you need to trust in some people, have an alliance, you have to.

"RE: Reward Challenge...."
Posted by michel2 on 12-09-15 at 10:03 PM
When Jeff said that the tast time this played, Keith won, he was really saying: "Keith is a huge threat!"

"Temple talk..."
Posted by tribephyl on 12-09-15 at 09:29 PM
but first... the losers.

Abi starts the Keith boot talk at camp.
Tasha agrees, so does Kimmi.
Jeremy has reservations.

Kimmi is pressuring for a Keith boot.
Tasha want's Jeremy to get on board with HER decision.

Now the beautiful temple...

Spencer feels rejuvinated.
Cue monk chanting.
Then the dancing girls and finally, the meal.
Kelley is trying to get answers from the guys.
Spencer says he likes THIS Final 3.

Spencer throws Tasha out as first target.
Kelley is on board.
The deal all depends on Abi, though.

Tasha asked permission from Abi to talk to Jeremy alone.
Abi, of course, freaks her shipup and walks out of camp.

Tasha proposes to boot Abi now.
Thinking that it will solidify Spencer with her and Jeremy.
Jeremy is worried about Spencer blowing up the original F3 plan to form a new one with Keith and Kelley.

"RE: S:31|East Coast Spoiler Thread|Ep 13"
Posted by Georganna on 12-09-15 at 09:33 PM
Jeremy: Is Abi a Scorpio?

No. She's a Libra. But Kimmi is. A Scorpio ...

"Post Keith wins reward..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 09:33 PM
The first one the camera showed when Keith said, Spencer, was Jeremy! A close up!

Keith chose Kelley first for pay back, then Spencer, because he didn't have time with his new little GF!

Back at camp....that would have been a great reward!, Keith is strong says Abi, he's underestimated? Do you all think Keith should be the next to go?

Abi: it's day 33 and it's day 39, I want to have everyone think I am a goat to get to the end. I love watching them scramble, I am a villain, villains have ore fun

Then they are all talking in the shelter....Kimmi, Abi, Jeremy, Tasha...what is your reservation with Keith to Jeremy....Tasha tells him that I don't think that you trust that we aren't going to do the all girl all.

JeremY: I have buyers remorse because we should have kept Joe, not Abi...he says, that's an option to get out Keith. I am not mad about not going on Reward, I want to bbs here on day 39, let me tell that jury why I deserve a million dollars, that is all I want

Kimmi telling Jeremy that Keith needs to go,

Tasha: conf: I understand that it needs to be in your control...you want to get to the finals and thee only way you can get there with people that you trust, and you can trust me. He needs to let me make a move, let go, and if the answer is no, I will find somebody else, people better get on board at this point because Fox is sailing.

Cut to the reward:

nice music...see the temples....spencer: now we are as disintegrated as it is....amazing, cambodian temples, have to slap myself, Indiana Jones has probably been her....33 days I was here, see these temples, with incredible journey ahead, see these temples do what I wanted to do, show How I have changed and I have now win....

See them getting blessed by monks...Keith is scrumming

Keith: people ask me where has he been in a temple in Cambodia or on Mars...don't know how I can trump this, to tell you the truth. See the Cambodian dancers

Kelley: we got this cultural experience, I will never do this in my life, this was the best one to win, I haven't had the easiest go I just wanted to porove that I could do it, I am almost there.

they toast! and there is the food spread. Keith says, we've made it!

Keith, thank you so much

what do you think they are trying to do at camp, reign in Abi? Kelley says NO...

Kelley says in conf: perfect time to talk, I just want to get to F3. Spencer says that I want to go to F3 with YOU!

Spencer: Sp says that anytime it is this late in the game you have to commit a F3. He wants to sit at F3 with Abi and Keith.

Spencer says get Tasha out first then Jeremy

Kelley says that she wants Tasha gone.

Spencer says we need that 4 th person, who is sound and good, and Spencer says but that peson is Abi. We are going to wake up on day 38 with Abi.

Back at camp...

Tasha says I want to talk with Jeremy, asks Abi's permission....Abi says if you want to include me it would b abetter

Abi says in conf: Tahs asked if it was Ok for her and Jeremy to talk, but you need 4 people to switch the game, and I have more to offer than Jeremy

Jerem conf: are they scorpios? because I have 2 in my house...they are crazy, that's why I drink. Kimmi comes back....what did I miss? I can't imagine dating her,

Tasha says she has come to far to let Abi to ruin my game.

Tasha and Jeremy talking in the hammock: let's take out Abi, not Keith...no messiness coming down to the challenges,
in conf: she is too volatile, she can ruin my game.

this is the final big move

Jeremy: what do you think if we vote out Abi? yes, I like the idea, one less girl. Tasha is iffy on Spencer, doesn't know if he is 100%, he could go and tell Keith and it could blow up in our faces

"A lot of scrambling going on!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 09:44 PM
Spencer makes another F3 with Kelley/Keith, but wants to with Keith/Abi
Abi, Kimmi, Jeremy, Tasha decide to vote Keith
Then Tasha tells Jeremy later by themselves that she doesn't want Keith, she wants Abi, but she doesn't trust Spencer.

Cut to IC

Keith and Kelley give back the IN's

see Tasha,

Only need one today

race out to water cross obstacles, get key, race back, open chest, solve 5 piece puzzle.

See Spencer

This was a puzzle that no one choose at another challenge

Here we go, 1 in 6 shot....

attack it, says Jiffy....Spencer falls off and has to go back, Jeremy is in the water, everyone else is way behind...Spencer is now back....Jermy ais at the bouy....Once have key, go back, Tasha is struggling to go...Spencer moving quickly through the water, passes Jeremy....in the lead, this is it...Kimmi and Abi coming back....Jeremy on Spencers tail....then Jeremy passes him...5 piece puzzle, get back quick. Tasha still struggling.....Jeremy has his box open....Spencer has won it!

Tasha is coming back, but having trouble....I need help...safety, safety, get tasha....edical let's go....skin divers got her....Medical on the dock...you are alright, it's hard to breath...just while you were swimming, no energy, taking in water...Kimmi and Abi are holding hands, Abi consoles...there is medical there, they are taking care of her

sheer exhaustion...panicked....you will be fine, her O2 levels are fine....Jiffy is there. She says that she is ready...

Kimmi rubbing her back, you scared me....Kimmi hugs her....we are all exhausted, so scary....how do you feel now, when you have gone through something like that, I gave everything I had, I had nothing left....

Massive win by Spencer...they clap, Tasha is sitting down

Nobody has ever done it that fast, 15 seconds is all it took him....tonight somebody is going home despite 2 firefighters holding their t shirt

Keith: Tasha almost drowned, but spence Kelley talked about it today, pull in Abi, get Tasha, then Jeremy then Kimmi, here we are sitting at 4....easy!

"He's Such a Nerd!"
Posted by Georganna on 12-10-15 at 09:56 AM

Massive win by Spencer ... Nobody has ever done it that fast, 15 seconds is all it took him

And now we know why:

"RE: He's Such a Nerd!"
Posted by suzzee on 12-10-15 at 03:07 PM
Nerdy or seriously prepared, can you imagine how many challenge puzzles he watched and memorized? Jealous much Jeremy?

"Jeremy is now"
Posted by Rembrandt on 12-09-15 at 09:56 PM
the last one to not received a vote.

"Spencer wins IC, Tasha does not drown"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 09:57 PM
Back at camp...Abi hugs Tasha....feeling better....TAsha: conf: at IC, I almost drowned...when under several times. I am already not the greatest swimmer, I am ok in a pool but the ocean...

Jeremy says that is a scary thing

I am so nervous about tonight, I suspect that Wentworth, Spencer and Keith bonded on the reward, and I have to make sure that Spencer is with us, Abi has to go

see Keith, Spencer, Kelley, and Abi, us 4, we are good....see Abi

Abi: as long as I am still here at the end of the day, I am good...just thinking who I want to get to the end. My resume has gone up a little bit too

see an iguana

Tasha, Spencer, Jeremy: We can't let Went Abi and Keith make it to the end. NO goats this season, a disservice to the fans that votes us on....here's the plan....Abi? Spencer said that he wants to do what we said, stay with them....Abi, Spencer says you have Kimmi? Yes

Spencer conf: I have control of my fate for a long time don't want to give it up, go with Kimm Jerem Tasha and target weak players , other option is to go with others and take out big guns and pray that I get to the end with these dream goats. It's a breaking point now, the point of no return....go to TC

TC:

see Jeremy, then Tasha, then Spencer, then Keith

Jury comes in

start with the reward: Keith wins...go back to the temples....yes, got to go, doesn't get any better. Spencer says it was the kind of reward that connects you to the country that you are playing in

4 people left back at camp
I thought about what are they doing
Tasha; had to be recued in the water, it's been rough all day...exhausted mentally and physically

Spencer how does that impact the game
Any event like that impacts the game good or bad
Kimmi: idols? have to have a back up plan
Keith: do we have enough numbers
Spencer says that we are officially in club "we"
Jeremy says that I was sitting in camp and there were a5 voting blocks
Tasha: people are focusing on options they are missing out on opportunities?
Anyone feel confident that your we will reign supreme...Keith says yes, I am confident

Spencer is shaking his head
Jeremy: Are you confident in your "we"? Which We?
Abi doesn't know which we to go with herself

Time to see which we will rain supreme

See Abi:
Kimmi votes Abi....sorry girl just want to make it another day
Keith: Tasha. alright lets see how this goes
Spencer last voter

Vote tally

Anyone want to play an idol? No

Abi
Taha
Abi
Tasha
Abi
Keith
Abi

ABI is out!

Good luck guys

See Kelley

Abi said good luck guys
Well played
See SPencer

Another blindside is the perfect set up for what could be one of the most unpredictable finishes in Survivor!

YEAH!!!! We were MOSTLY WRONG! I love it!

"Abi's out!"
Posted by michel2 on 12-09-15 at 10:07 PM
Quel sapin?!

"CONGRATULATIONS"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-09-15 at 10:01 PM
CONGRATULATIONS personofinterest (the FIRST to vote) and Kingfish!

"RE: CONGRATULATIONS"
Posted by Georganna on 12-09-15 at 10:06 PM
Bravo!

"Next time on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 10:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-15 AT 10:08 PM (EST)

On the season survivor

Jeremy to Spencer on the hammock: Jeremy: You are not giving, you gotta give
Spencer: You're not either
See Jeremy, then Kelley
This close to the end, no one is giving up their second chance, then see Keith, without a fight
Kelley: Now it's all about staying alive
Kimmi to Keith: No one would expect it, trying to convince him of something
Keith: come to tribal tonight, it might be epic

At TC: see Stephen shake his head no

Jiffy: First time in 31 seasons

Abi's final words were that she did get blindsided the first time she thought she was safe, I will be at the Final TC to decide who wins a million I don't have to be with those crazy people any more!

DANG! I really thought last week that it would be Abi, but I was persuaded to vote Keith. Well done to those that voted Abi!

"RE: Next time on Survivor...."
Posted by Sheldor on 12-09-15 at 10:07 PM
Jiffy: First time in 31 seasons

Hmm...

• All votes canceled by 2 idols? That statement would be true but there were NO idols in the old school days.
  • A tie at the Final Tribal Council?

• "RE: Next time on Survivor...."
    Posted by michel2 on 12-09-15 at 10:13 PM
    LAST EDITED ON 12-09-15 AT 10:13 PM (EST)

First thought: Final Four. First reaction: Barf.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-10-15 at 00:48 AM
    Redmond (InsideSurvivor) was pretty emphatic in saying the final TC would be with 3, not 4.

He hasn't given any spoilers all season on who'd be booted, but he's been spot on with other spoilers such as contestant names (before the reveal), tribe names, colours, twists, etc.

Posted by Round Robin on 12-14-15 at 00:24 AM
    Has to be a final 3. The previews are saying 4 tribals, so that means there have gotta be 3 people cut before the final.

Posted by Sheldor on 12-14-15 at 04:02 PM
    Yes it is definitely a Final 3 as the Press Release states:

"Later, the final three castaways plead their cases for the $1 million prize, on the two-hour season finale of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Dec. 16 "

"The Holier than Thou moment:"
    Posted by michel2 on 12-09-15 at 10:12 PM
    When Tasha said: "We can't let Went Abi and Keith make it to the end. NO goats this season, a disservice to the fans that votes us on" I thought how sanctimonious! Fans voted for Kelley, Abi and Keith also. It's as if she was saying HER fans matter, not theirs.

"Spencer running away with it?"
    Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 10:37 PM
    Spencer winning that IC tonight, and likely to win more, I just don't think Jeremy has enough on his resume to pull out a win.

Right now, I see it as a landslide for Spencer?

I really expected Jeremy to win that challenge today, but I find it so hard to believe that both Kelley and Jeremy felt 100% safe enough not to use their HI's tonight as well. Incredulous!

So the next votes should be easy. Spencer said it was at the point of no return and he was making his bed. He made his bed with Tasha and Jeremy. So, sounds like curtains for Keith and Kelley. If Keith doesn't win immunity, he'll be toast first, then Kelley, but she has the HII. She can play it at F5, so someone will be idoled out at F5? Then Kelley goes at F4 if she doesn't win immunity?

PS. Boy that girls alliance didn't even get out of the water! LOL!

"RE: Spencer running away with it?"
    Posted by Georganna on 12-09-15 at 10:53 PM
    I wonder ...

Who do you think will be credited with Abi-Maria's boot?

Tasha, who conceived and directed it - or - Spencer who was portrayed as the swing vote who accomplished it?

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-15 at 10:59 PM
    One guess: Spencer!

"Another thought ... "
    Posted by Georganna on 12-10-15 at 00:20 AM
    LAST EDITED ON 12-10-15 AT 00:32 AM (EST)

Spencer said it was at the point of no return and he was making his bed. He made his bed with Tasha and Jeremy.

Spencer also said that he wanted to sit at the end with Keith and Abi ... he only had to make it happen.

But then he - not Abi-Maria - closed that door to his win.

And I'm not certain that the choice was the right one for Spencer?

ETA: Too, Spencer still could not let go of Jeremy when Keith proposed his boot, offering Tasha in his stead. Perhaps his last chance to take the Game from his biggest rival?

"RE: Another thought ... "
    Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-10-15 at 02:02 PM
    And I'm not certain that the choice was the right one for Spencer?

Bingo. With all of the moves that Spencer has made to get where he is, and without any idols, coupled with his maturation and changing in his second chance, he is seemingly the winner. But, last night, he did make his bed with people that he identified as stronger, and shunned the weaker ones. Was this a million dollar mistake that will cost him in particular, OR, is this just the doubt cast on his win?

Posted by CTgirl on 12-10-15 at 00:33 AM
    Not sure its going to be a landslide for Spencer. He has the resume but I think Jeremy's social game has been better.

Savage told Spencer he would never write his name down when they "made up." Usually that means he won't write his name down at final tribal either. Bayon strong - time will tell how strong those ties were! There's still a lot of game left to be played. Looking forward to the finale!

"Spencer memorized the puzzle from S30, ha!"
    Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-10-15 at 05:30 PM
    I was just watching the bonus clips and Spencer says that he decided to rewatch S30 (for the 5th time, no less) and noticed that the tanagram puzzle had not been used, so he decided to memorize it in case they decided to reuse it this season. Wow, that's a true super fan/student of the game, and it certainly made the difference in his win.

Jeremy also has a funny clip saying that Spencer is such a nerd to do that, so apparently Spencer shared that tidbit with at least Jeremy.

In another secret scene/bonus clip, Spencer is very sick/throwing up after the temple reward, so I'm surprised he had the stamina to do as well as he did.

"RE: Spencer memorized the puzzle from S30, ha!"
    Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-11-15 at 07:52 PM
    If I ever had the opportunity to be on the show, you can bet I would be memorizing every puzzle known to man, I would do YOGA all day long, and I would work on serious knot untying and fire-building etc, etc. Good for Spencer!

"Here You Go!"
    Posted by Georganna on 12-11-15 at 10:31 PM
    LAST EDITED ON 12-12-15 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Since I won't be playing anytime soon ...

Note that all of the players' planks/steps are alike. So you only have to memorize three sets of six planks each.

And wouldn't it be hilarious if Spencer actually did commit this one to memory too?

"RE: Here You Go!"
    Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-12-15 at 03:41 PM
    < Since I won't be playing anytime soon

Me neither, ha! There's no way I'd have a chance at a challenge like this. I"m really glad they are throwing in some more interesting ICs now, since I was tired of all those boring balance challenges that seem to favor yoga people like Joe, but this one sure seems to favor the men at a critical juncture. (Kelley and Tasha could have a shot, but they both sure were winded this past week.)

P.S. So it turns out there's even more to the Spencer memorization story. A fan/podcaster tweeted him the suggestion to memorize the puzzle. Great article by Andy Dehnart!

Andy Dehnart Andy Dehnart
    @realityblurred
    Dec 11
    The incredible story of how Spencer solved a Survivor puzzle in seconds bit.ly/21Vvp6G

Posted by Georganna on 12-12-15 at 06:43 PM
    LAST EDITED ON 12-12-15 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

I think that the whole thing is fascinating!

It took me about fifteen minutes to isolate enough frames within the video of this Challenge to capture images that would allow a player to fashion replicas of every one of its eighteen planks. And, as importantly, to establish their order. So, it's very possible to practice stacking each group of six in reverse order - last plank on the bottom and first on top - until it becomes a very rapid exercise.

Then, the Challenge would merely be a matter of grabbing the topmost and placing those planks. There would be no necessity to 'memorize' each up-coming pattern before descending the staircase. And, if practiced to perfection, there would be no mistakes requiring extraneous trips up and down the stairs.

Of course, even if a player did all of this, it is very possible that the Challenge might have changed (in the order and/or in the patterns of the stairs/planks). But, I doubt it. Production has become very lazy about Challenges.

But no amount of practicing the 'mental' aspect of the Challenge would matter if a player simply didn't have enough stamina to make all of those trips.

However, since I think that it is very unlikely that Challenge Lightning will strike twice in Cambodia ...

I honestly think that Keith has a very good chance of winning this Challenge. And you're going to laugh when I tell you why ...

I've read that Keith spends a great deal of time working on/tinkering with cars and in performing other routine household maintenance. As my husband did. And it always amazed me that my husband could just glance at a nut or bolt and then at a socket set and, without fail, pick the right one. And that's what this Challenge reminds me of - nuts, bolts and socket sets: puzzles that a Keith could love.

But, the retired firefighter would still have to get up and down those stairs. Which, I will admit, could be a problem ...

In any event, thank you so much for the Reality Blurred reference. I always enjoy reading Andy. And it is really nice to know that a fan had a direct impact on the Game.

Posted by Sheldor on 12-14-15 at 04:08 PM
    I suppose a player (i.e. Spencer) might go back and study challenges from EVERY season with a candidate to be on Season 31 but that seems unlikely. Studying puzzles from last season that were NOT attempted does seem reasonable since their were there were THREE of 4 potential players from Season 30.

Memorizing puzzle steps from an Immunity Challenge from Season 22 seems unlikely even though Natalie T. was a potential player for Season 31. It was so long ago, Natalie was not a strong candidate, and there is no reason to think the puzzle steps would be in the same order as last time.

Posted by Georganna on 12-14-15 at 09:21 PM
    LAST EDITED ON 12-14-15 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

Sheldor ...

As I said earlier, the concept of players memorizing puzzles from previous Seasons via their DVRs fascinated me. So, I played with the video of the Step On It! Challenge for a bit ... simply for the fun of it.

And I agree (as I also noted earlier) that it is very possible that the Challenge was changed (either in the order or the patterns of the stairs/planks) before it was presented again in Cambodia.

However, because I think that Survivor's production staff has become very lazy about Challenges, I did also say earlier that I doubted that it was changed.

Because, although within each section of stairs the steps are interchangeable, the Challenge design requires that each contestant's staircase match - step-by-step - every other contestant's staircase. So, if the order of the steps has already been established - for instance, by numbering them - why go to the bother of re-ordering them?

Of course, if Cambodia's Challenge crew started from scratch - sans stored pieces or shelved plans - then there is every reason to believe that the steps and planks will be totally different than the ones used previously.

Too, I also said earlier that I thought it was very unlikely that Challenge Lightning would strike twice in Cambodia. An admittedly oblique reference to a player's memorization of a puzzle and subsequent completion of it in record speed.

Because, although I suspect that Spencer has more than one puzzle committed to memory - and even though Step On It is somewhat iconic - it would be extraordinarily conincidental if he memorized a second Challenge chosen for Cambodia.