URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8458
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S31, Episodes 10/11 - State of the Spoiling"

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-25-15 at 08:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-15 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

First, my apologies if I've stepped on anyone's toes to post a SOTS for Episode 11 in addition to my regularly-scheduled Episode 10 ... I only recently learned it was going to be a double episode and I didn't get a chance to verify if we were strictly following dates or whoever scheduled for the second episode would be moving up a week.

If there's a second person writing for Episode 11... then the more the merrier! Whoever it is got to have more info than I do, right?

Though, I should point out that my SOTS is likely going to be crashingly boring especially following Tribe's super-fantabulous one from last week and the general lack of useful information in the previews. If you're snoring with your forehead stuck on the keyboards by the end of this post, my apologies, but at least you're getting some well-deserved rest.

Onward we go...

Episodes 10 and 11
Airing on November 25, 2015

Okay, ladies and gentlemen, let's gather around the computer, all soaking wet and shivering while working our way to getting hypothermia faster than Donald Trump's lips can move. Let's see if we can figure out who's going to get mercifully ejected to Ponderosa where they can break up the latest round of fighting between the two lawyers, Kass and Savage. After a day or two of that, the newest bootees will be begging to be thrown back out there into the monsoon shivering to death, or figuring out how to wrap the hammock around their necks.

First up, let's take a quick review of last week's episode in case you've blanked on what happened. Episode 9 ECST

What did nuPurple Kelly think of her ouster? She says *far* more in her interviews than she did on the entire show. One potential juicy tidbit in the RTVW interview: Kelley and Jeremy hadn't conversed pretty much the entire game before the former unveiled her HII, then all of a sudden they were huddling up quite often. Setting the stage for a power-couple pairing to push toward the final episode?

FloPo's got a nice breakdown of the Episode 9 Confessional Tracker to help us see possible patterns to determine who may be at risk for this week's episodes.

Over on The Characters and Their Stories editing thread, television, michel and FloPo share their thoughts on how Episode 9 was edited.

Episode 10

Title: "Like Selling Your Soul to the Devil"

Jiffy's teaser = Episode 10 continues our theme of rain and forces a major decision.
CBS spin = Castaways’ spirits are drowning in a relentless rain storm, but a fun challenge reward offers a few players a glimpse into the Cambodian culture. Also, the “voting block” strategy used this season continues to keep Castaways on their toes

Reward Challenge

It's a team challenge where they face off in pairs to put the ball into the basket to score a certain number of points to win reward. It would appear that Joe's team wins reward because we see shots of Stephen and Kelley looking miserable back at camp with different looks from the earlier cuddling-around-camp shots.

Team 1: Kelley, Kimmi, Stephen, Jeremy and Keith

Team 2: Tasha, Abi-Maria, Ciera, Joe and Spencer

Immunity Challenge

This appears to be a repeat of the one in Survivor San Juan Del Sur where they have to stand on a block and balance a ball against the wood.

Keith did this challenge and was out 3rd.
Natalie won with Jaclyn, Jon, Baylor, Keith, Missy and Alec also competing.

However, the entire focus of this challenge in the previews is in what's happening beforehand - Jiffy handing out black/white rocks and the holding out of hands. It would appear that there is some kind of an enticement to the contestants to decide if they want to forego a chance at immunity in exchange for camp reinforcements as they're getting slammed by the horrible weather. Hypothermia would seem to be a real possibility so they'd likely be rather weak for a tough physical challenge such as this one.

What's leading most of us to believe that they're deciding on camp reinforcements instead of food is that there's no food table in sight. In the first vidcap above, it appears to be more of a sit-out table than a picnic table.

The deal would appear to be that at least 5 have to give up playing for immunity and production will water-proof and rebuild their shelter for them.

Michel had a good retort - it's more like extortion to force them to give up something as valuable as immunity. Why not give them a choice of giving up reward instead?

One final tidbit about this extortion attempt/weather chaos: Kona at MESS has tracked the weather in Koh Rong during filming throughout Cambodia's Episodes. This is his latest comment ...
The selling of their souls to the Probst takes place on Day 26. Day 27 should be their last day of a six day period of heavy rain. The next six days will be like it was early in the game, then back to heavy rain for the remainder of the game.

Sounds fun.

We don't get much in the way of hints about the outcome of the immunity challenge, but I don't see Joe giving up on immunity just yet knowing that he's being hounded by Stephen. So I'll project that Joe wins immunity and one of the Witches get the boot, namely Ciera.

Why Ciera and not Abi or Kelley? I believe in Kelly's RTVW interview where she noted that Kelley and Jeremy were all of a sudden conferring with each other throughout the next three days after Kelley's HII power play, plus Abi's story has been quiet. By contrast, Ciera has been seen as a strategic thorn in the side to a few others, so there's a bigger target on her back.

Episode 11

Title: "My Wheels Are Spinning"

Jiffy's teaser = Episode 11 features one of the most daring moves yet. You’ll love it.

There's almost nothing at all to work with for the second episode for obvious reasons. Georganna did drop off a preview of Episode 11's reward though us folks north of the border can't see it. CTgirl summarized it as such:

It's John Kirhoffer talking about the reward challenge called Folklore. We're talking OLD SCHOOL. I think they said it was done in Australia and Africa. It's the one where Jeff reads a story about Cambodian culture and they have to go running around in the jungle at night to find things that answers the questions.
It's going to be awesome! And Joe probably won't win it!! And only one winner so that person is going to have to pick people to go with him/her!

Well... where's Rudy to say "I dunno!"

Immunity? Anyone but Joe.
Boot? Your guess is as good as mine, but the first immunity challenge that Joe loses, he's gone. I like the Stephen-finally-gets-the-best-of-Joe plot line, so let's go with that. Really, half of the plot lines have Stephen's edit suggesting he overcomes Joe and half say that Stephen isn't long for the game as a strategic threat. Ah, let's go with Joe as the boot.

ETA: I think it's worth putting this vidcap here - could be a major tell in that one of these two is likely to be the Episode 11 boot tonight. Is it a case of Stephen finally catching Joe, meaning a Joe boot, or is it a case of Stephen chasing his white whale but falling short (i.e. can do no better than to climb on Joe's back) meaning a Stephen boot? You tell us!

Nothing else to go on for this episode so let's see what else we've got from the spoiling world.

For those of you who don't want sourced spoilers... avoid this link! The bootlist on there has been mostly accurate except for a couple of boots switched around, which may or may not be a smokescreen. I'm not ready to fully buy into the bootlist myself, FWIW, as my interpretation of the editing is different from the bootlist, a view supported by a few other posters as well. But... I'm doing my SOTS duty to put it here and let you guys (if you do want to click on the link) decide the validity of the information.

Georganna's got the Signs of Survival thread where there may be some clues as to who could be the winner based on historical astrology trends.

So there you have it. Not leaving very much in terms of scraps, I know, but if you've got an opinion on who is leaving in the two episodes, hop on over to CTgirl's Voting Thread. This could be a week where the votes are all over the place for the two episodes.

My Completely-Unscientific Picks: (follow at your own risk)

Episode 10
Reward: Joe/Tasha/Spencer/Abi-Maria/Ciera
Immunity: Joe
Boot: Ciera

Episode 11
Immunity: Anybody-But-Joe
Boot: Joe Alt pick: Stephen.

A stocking stuffer from Agman!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S31, Episodes 10/11 - State of the Spoiling"
Posted by Georganna on 11-25-15 at 09:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-15 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

This is a truly great SOTS, Pepe. I've been looking forward to it all week and it certainly lived up to my high expectations. And, because I've read SOTS that you've written in the past, they were high. Thank you!

And ...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a terrific tomorrow!

"Wooo Hoooo!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-25-15 at 10:07 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-25-15 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

Wooo Hoooo, Pepe! Hits a double header! This was such a hard week with very little to go on. In fact, I think we have more to go on from editing trends, confessionals, and our theories than from actual vidcaps. You did an amazing job with what we have, Pepe, well done! And, so appreciated! Who knew you would have the twofer?!

Episode 10 is going to be so tough, no one wants to see them out there shivering, sniffling, crying, and uttering the "Q" word. Especially on the eve of the day that most Americans GORGE themselves to oblivion with overeating. I wonder, how many of us think that they will opt for the shelter fortification? If they don't have fire, they don't have water. To me, production must step in and intervene at this point. I'm with Michel, it's a crime that they force this upon them for the IC.

Interesting to point out that Jeremy and Kelley were in cahoots after the HII play. I will have to go in there and snoop around, I guess I was just not expecting much from Wigle...ha! Thanks so much, Pepe!

ETA:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Pepe Le Pew! <3 <3 <3

Posted by CTgirl on 11-25-15 at 01:16 PM
Nice job Pepe with so little to go on.

I'm with you - Stephen's edit has been so confusing - will he or won't he get the best of Joe? I think I'll vote with you.

Happy Birthday!!

Posted by Sheldor on 11-25-15 at 03:15 PM
WOW! Outstanding job PepeLePew1 on a 2 Episode Week with VERY little to go on!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Posted by michel2 on 11-25-15 at 05:24 PM
First things first:
Happy Birthday, Mister Lepew.
I hope you have a stinking good time!

Next, I'm the one that's on deck for next week and I'm happy that you took care of episode 11 because I had nothing cooking in the oven. I'm happy that you invited us all to celebrate the SOTS over at your place.

Finally: Great Job. I have to applaud when someone pulls a good Rudy reference in a season 31 SOTS.
There wasn't much to go on besides the wet T-shirt contest which Joe would probably win anyway...

You make a good case and the tease for episode 11 really sounds like Stephen has to be there to use his advantage. It has to be the daring move that has Jiffy drooling all over himself.

I also want to wish a Happy Thanskgiving to everyone South of the Border.
(If anyone has some leftovers and a little bit of wine for me it would be appreciated! )

Posted by tribephyl on 11-25-15 at 08:58 PM
A wee bit late to the party this evening as my thanksgiving has already happened and now we settle in for Survivor.
Great job on the SOTS, Pepe.
Not only a week with minimal clues but 2 episodes to boot, wow, just wow.
You did an amazing job. Very organized, edited thoroughly and truthfully over and above comprehensive and inclusive.
Yeah, you drop a few names... but it's YOUR special day!

Happy Birthing Day, my striped fellow.
Have some leftovers...

You may have to share with michel.

"Thank you to all"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-26-15 at 05:35 PM
A pleasant surprise to see that people remembered it was my birthday! Thank you for the best wishes - and a happy birthday to G as well!

"RE: Thank you to all"
Posted by Georganna on 11-27-15 at 03:23 PM

"Happy Birthday to you too, G!!!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-27-15 at 05:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO, G!!!! Hope it was a SPECIAL ONE!!!

"Flowerpower, Michel and Tribe ..."
Posted by Georganna on 11-29-15 at 09:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-15 AT 10:01 PM (EST)

Thank you all!

I was born on Thanksgiving, so when the holiday and my birthday fall on the same Thursday, it is kind of special. But, this year, because of some crazy work schedules, we actually had two Thanksgiving Dinners (on Saturday at my brother's home and on Wednesday at mine), so on Thursday I just kicked back, munched on leftovers and enjoyed the ... quiet.

And, I don't know how you knew about me and lemon cake, Tribe! My favorite!

So, I was thinking ...

Why don't we begin a Birthday tradition? We could all contribute our birthdates, favorite birthday treat and our birthday-present wish list. And put Tribe in charge of the planning, shopping, baking, decorating and invitations ...

The rest of us can take turns cleaning up and hosting Tribe's grandest party of them all ...

G

"Best Wishes"
Posted by michel2 on 11-27-15 at 06:08 PM
Happy Birthday G!

"RE: Thank you to all"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-28-15 at 01:42 AM
Homemade Lemon Cake?
No candles... but I hope it will do.
Happy belated, G!

...and missing a piece, quality control demands it.