URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8450
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S31 | VidCap Analysis | Ep. 09 *no sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 11-12-15 at 01:54 AM
Place for Vidcaps and discussion about vidcaps for ep9

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"PostShow Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-12-15 at 01:56 AM
Transcript and VidCaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Jeremy (talking to Stephen): We gotta go find that idol.

Probst: ...everyone is looking for an advantage in the game...

Joe (cam. conf.): I just don't know where it is.

Probst: ...but what they don't know, is that it's right in front of them.

Probst (@ Challenge): I'm gonna give you a chance to change your situation. The first person to touch their buoy earns an advantage in the game.

Apparently the challenge is a replay of the Reward/Immunity Challenge played in Ep 12 of Survivor Caramoan.

From Wiki: The castaways would stand barefoot on wooden slats on an a-frame that was floating out in the water and try to remain balanced on top of the a-frame. After 15 minutes, the castaways would move up to a second set of slats making balancing more difficult. After another 15 minutes, the castaways would move to the top of the a-frame where they would have to balance until the end of the challenge. The last castaway remaining on the a-frame would win immunity and a reward of information in the game.
(After being the only ones remaining, Andrea and Brenda) tried to negotiate for one of them to win, but neither wanted to step off. They continued the challenge for three hours when they agreed to share the reward note and to make up their own fourth stage of the challenge by lifting their left foot off the top of the a-frame. Jeff counted down to this new fourth stage and Brenda fell off the top shortly thereafter to give Andrea the win. Back at camp, the reward note turned out to be a clue to the Hidden Immunity Idol. Andrea shared the clue with her whole alliance and they went looking for the idol. Erik found it and handed it over to Andrea.

I don't happen to see a necklace on display (It could be back on the beach) but it's a great idea giving the advatage to a quitter of the challenge.
With the shots of Keith and Tasha near the water pit (without water cans), I'm thinking Keith went for the "advatage" which was a clue that the HI was on, above or near the water pit.

"RE: PostShow Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-12-15 at 01:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-15 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

Sounds good, re: Keith getting the advantage. But, why would Tasha be going with him to look? I would think if he got the advantage, that he'd want to go by himself?

I do agree that Tasha and Keith are looking for the idol though, in those pics of them at the water pit, they do not have their water cans to transport it...does make you think that Keith or Tasha could find it!

eta: Keith did find one in his first season!

Posted by CTgirl on 11-12-15 at 05:02 PM
Keith is a good swimmer too.

Posted by b1whois on 11-12-15 at 08:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-15 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

I am confused here because when jiffy is making the "advantage" tease all of our DAWs are on the top rung of the triangle platform. if the challenge starts on the bottom run and then slowly moves to the top, wouldn't there be people missing who were eliminated already? did everyone hang on, or did they run the challenge differently?
also, we are assuming that this is IC, but there is no idol on Jeff's platform, and the offering of an advantage seems out of place for a IC, more appropriate for a RC...
so confused....but I am fairly certain there is an idol on that well head

Posted by Outsider32 on 11-12-15 at 09:18 PM
Tasha was looking at the top of that lid and had some look on her face. Makes me think she found the clue. And I don't think she would share the clue with him either because she's Tasha.

Posted by tribephyl on 11-13-15 at 00:27 AM
if the challenge starts on the bottom run and then slowly moves to the top, wouldn't there be people missing who were eliminated already? did everyone hang on, or did they run the challenge differently?
They're not on the top, the top is the top. The castaways are all on the 2nd rung.
The advantage reveal is apparently timed to coincide with the end of round two, beginning of round three.

we are assuming that this is IC, but there is no idol on Jeff's platform, and the offering of an advantage seems out of place for a IC, more appropriate for a RC...
Nope, no necklace on JPs dock. However, it could be back on the beach while the challenge is run, and will be handed out again, when they get back to the beach, after the challenge.

The Caramoan version of this challenge was an RC/IC combined and part of the reward was "information" leading to the idol.

Don't know if that's the case this time. However, with the tease of a grueling immunity challenge leads me to believe they are indeed different. This floating challenge doesn't appear grueling, to me.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-13-15 at 00:15 AM
This challenge is called "Bermuda Triangles"

It was played

1. S26 Caramoan Ep12 8 played for Immunity/Reward (Andrea beat Brenda)
  2. S28 Cagayan Ep6 11 played for Immunity (Woo beat Tony, played also by Spencer and Kass)

In S26 Caramoan Eddie, Erk, and Cochran all quit for food. The other 5 made it to standing on top of the A-Frame

In S28 Cagayan all 11 made it to standing on top of the A-Frame

S26 Caramoan Ep12 Immunity/Reward Challenge "Bermuda Triangles" won by Andrea

Reward = Information in this game

Survivor: Caramoan - Immunity Challenge: Bermuda Triangle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pticLpe0O8I

After THREE Hours Andrea/Brenda decide to go to 1 foot

1-Andrea, 2-Brenda, 3-Reynold, 4-Sheri, 5-Dawn, 6-Cochran(quit), 7-Erik(quit), 8-Eddie(quit)

S28 Cagayan Ep6 Immunity Challenge "Bermuda Triangles" won by Woo

Survivor: Cagayan - Immunity Challenge: Bermuda Triangles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj9ehvWixDA

1-Woo, 2-Tony, 3-Morgan, 4-Jermiah, 5-Trish, 6-Tasha, 7-Jefra, 8-Sarah, 9-LJ, 10-Kass, 11-Spencer

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-13-15 at 09:46 AM
One thing to notice, in both of the previous challenges in both seasons the IN WAS on display on the floating platform that Jeff was on. So, this does lend support that this could be an RC?

"OFG Theory contenders"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-13-15 at 09:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-15 AT 10:04 AM (EST)

Jeremy
Stephen
Kelley
Tasha
Keith
Joe
Abi

Safe from elimination for this week: Kimmi, Kelly, Ciera, Spencer? I am tempted to eliminate Jeremy and Kelley as two stars of this season, which would leave us a list of:

Stephen, Tasha, Keith, Joe, Abi

Abi is the only "witch" on the list, but I can't help but think that Joe could be in serious danger IF he doesn't find the HII, and if he doesn't win immunity. And, then there is Stephen, who is at the top of Joe's list, and the witches have already noted that they would vote for anyone as long as it's not them. I am leaning toward one of Stephen, Joe, or Abi as our next boot?

"RE: OFG Theory contenders"
Posted by Rembrandt on 11-13-15 at 04:17 PM
Tbh I don't see Abi leaving anytime soon. But between the 3 witches, I would fear Ciera the most.

Abi would just follow anyone, but as long as you don't have a grudge with her you are good.

Kelley seems to me to be the quietest of the three. She remind me of the Sandra strategy. As long it isn't her and she's fine.

Ceira is the one I would target first. I think at Tribal Councils she's convincing. Also besides there is no budging her.

------------------

But what if Stephen is targeting the wrong person. We see Stephen saying that he need to take out Joe because of the JT reference. But we already heard another castaway in a confessional that said they would be Stephen's JT whom is Jeremy. So what if Stephen is targeting the wrong man all along?

Posted by coldbrewer on 11-14-15 at 11:33 PM
In screen caps 2-4, who would represent the sea otter?

thanks Agman!

"Press Images"
Posted by Rembrandt on 11-13-15 at 08:45 PM
REWARD CHALLENGE

RED TEAM ( Joe, Spencer, Stephen, Tasha, and Ciera )

GREEN TEAM ( Jeremy, Kelley, Kelly, Keith, and Kimmi )

ABI SITS OUT

( Challenge is Underway )

( We only got 1 picture of them actually doing the challenge. Red team seems to be in lead by 1, but still pretty even. )

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

NOW IT APPEARS TO RAIN

( YOU COULD SEE THE RAIN IN THIS IMAGE, BUT YOU CAN'T SEE THE RAIN WITH THE OTHER IMAGES WITH CIERA. )

( SOMEONE WON IMMUNITY. IT COULD BE JOE, BUT I THINK SOMEONE ELSE STEPS UP AND BEAT HIM. )

CAMP

BEFORE TRIBAL COUNCIL ( I could be wrong about some. )

( Kelly will probably attached to Joe since Savage is gone. It seems like they don't know who to vote for and they might be the swing votes this week. )

( Keith is talking to Stephen and someone else on how to vote. This is similar when Jeremy was with Spencer and he told Keith on how to vote. )

"RE: Press Images"
Posted by Outsider32 on 11-13-15 at 09:50 PM
I think that's Jeremy because of the dark gray shoes. I don't notice yellow laces which Kimmi has on hers.

Posted by tribephyl on 11-14-15 at 03:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-15 AT 03:56 AM (EST)

In this image...

Stephen is still wearing the headband of his "Team Color" from the RC.
I don't think this comes from after IC.

The shoes, I believe, belong to Jeremy.

Same timeframe as this...

I reserve the right to recant at a later date with reveal of alternate choices but, I believe the IC winner is either Spencer( or Stephen).

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-14-15 at 10:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-15 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

Tribe!: I would just be curious as to why you think the winner of the IC could be Spencer or Stephen? The pic below is clearly after the IC, but we don't know if it's Joe that has won it for sure, he's not shown wearing it. The tease really made me wonder if he would win it or not?

Crocophile at Mess Hall noted this:

For comparison:

The spec is that Joe has won it again. He is the one that placed the IN in that space, every time.

Posted by tribephyl on 11-14-15 at 01:43 PM
I didn't realize Joe had a normal place to set the IN.

Although, I would only counter that Joe is the only one to have won the IN so far and if indeed someone else wears it this time, who's to say they wouldn't put it in it's "normal" place. (Where Joe always used to put it)

I would feel differently if it were hung with Joe's bag, or around Joe's torch, but it very well could be just a special place to put the necklace while living camp life.

As to your question... I trend towards saying that it's either Spencer (or Stephen) because the tease ...Also, another castaway steps up in a brutal individual immunity challenge to further their game
Doesn't sound like Joe.
Considering Spencer has come in 2nd place each time, I'm REALLY feeling like he steps it up and wins this time. (But I also think that in order for Stephen's justice to be served as he would like, Stephen will have to win the IN in order to boot Joe.)
While I don't fully believe it is Joe that goes, I would be remiss to not notice that the man is searching for the idol. And I stand by my...if they don't already have immunity, they will be seeking the idol, statement.

Posted by michel2 on 11-14-15 at 02:04 PM
Spencer was the first to drop out of Cagayan so he would be a surprise winner. Women have done well in balance challenges and in this one in particular. Morgan outlasted everyone except Tony and Woo.

I remembering saying that Woo had an advantage during that challenge by wearing those two-shoes. Kelley has the same but I can't tell if she has them on during the challenge. I'd say she wins.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-14-15 at 08:39 PM
Thanks, Tribe! I appreciate the answers. I, too, felt that the verbiage of the tease supported someone other than Joe as the winner of the IC, and I also feel that seeing him hunt for the HII also supports vulnerability. I also feel that since Joe started putting the IN there, in that spot, that others may also just hang it there as well. I think in most seasons they tend to hang it in one spot, whoever wins the IN.

So, seeing Joe next to that necklace could support that he wins it again, or not! *ugh*

I wouldn't be surprised to see a girl win this as well.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-14-15 at 07:15 AM
Thanks for posting Rembrandt!

Unfortunately ALL of the images from Survivor Fever are missing the EXIF data so NONE have Time Stamps!

Posted by CTgirl on 11-14-15 at 11:27 AM
Sheldor, Kona over at Sucks put them in Sheldor order! Post 46

"At Risk of the F****** Stick ... "
Posted by Georganna on 11-15-15 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-15 AT 11:20 PM (EST)

Kona at MESS has put these three images in the following order:

And Attack of the Nuns at MESS has asked "What is Fishbach holding is his hands?"

The consensus there seems to be that Stephen (and probably only Stephen) swam for the Advantage. And, of course, since he would have been awarded it in view of the entire Tribe, there would be no reason to hide it.

Thoughts?

"What Stephen is holding...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-18-15 at 09:33 AM
I just want to add in here that I am NOT sold on Stephen being the one to jump in and go for the advantage. I tend to go with Tribe, and Kelly.

First of all, that container that Stephen is holding. I remember when Kimmi and Keith came in with the treenail, she had to unscroll it. She announced "Hear ye, hear ye" as she did. So, I think that treemail may come in those containers.

Kelly, is a great and strong swimmer. She jumped in for the rice at the start of the show without waiting or thinking. She's likely to do it again, imo.

"RE: What Stephen is holding...."
Posted by 5cats on 11-18-15 at 11:20 AM
Why would he be clutching the treemail after the IC and don't advantages also come in containers? It looks like the pic was taken after IC as they are all wet, in suits and cold from being in water and rain. I would think that the women would go for the IN as they all have a good chance of winning this challenge and Stephen knows he doesn't.

Posted by tribephyl on 11-18-15 at 01:12 PM
I would think that the women would go for the IN as they all have a good chance of winning this challenge and Stephen knows he doesn't.

Exactly, which is also why he probably wouldn't go for the advantage either. He sucks with swimming too. Anyone out there can beat him swimming. He'll scare himself into staying on the floaty thingy.
However, I CAN see him jumping in, starting the swim, then Kelly jumps in and quickly strokes past him. I also see a bit of Kelley jumping in, and would be remiss to not mention Abi making the swimming choice as well.
Ciera and Stephen should be insecure enough about both options that they stay where they are.

Posted by Georganna on 11-18-15 at 11:34 AM
Because of her identification with swimming, when I read the tease regarding the castaway who risks safety in the Game for an Advantage, Kelly was my first thought.

But I also think that Stephen is holding something more evolved than a stick.

So, I've decided not to play favorites. As far as I'm concerned, either one is more than welcome to the Advantage ...

Posted by coldbrewer on 11-14-15 at 11:45 PM
4th pic from the top: Appears Ciera is holding Tasha's hand with Tasha holding onto Ciera's hand. Am I reading too much into it? Do you think they're somehow working together?

Posted by Rembrandt on 11-15-15 at 00:15 AM
I think that its just the reaction when they find out what the reward is.

"Promo Video Images"
Posted by Rembrandt on 11-15-15 at 03:44 PM

Transcript by SurvivorFever.net:

Joe <camera confessional>: Gotta find that Hidden Immunity Idol.

Stephen: I want to make a move. I don't care how it's happening, but it's happening.

"RE: Promo Video Images"
Posted by Georganna on 11-15-15 at 04:06 PM
I think that Abi-Maria finds the HII.

With the exception of a couple of pithy comments, we haven't heard from her for two (or three) Episodes. And now, the lady who found the Idol (that didn't look like an Idol) on the lid of the rice container in Philippines is suddenly a featured player in a spot focused on Stephen's continuing plot and an Idol search.

And I don't think that it's just ... coincidence.

Posted by Outsider32 on 11-17-15 at 02:33 AM
Oh goodness please not her.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-15-15 at 04:46 PM
Just pointing out that these are Jeremy's hands....could he find another idol?

Posted by CTgirl on 11-15-15 at 10:28 PM
And would he give it to Stephen, Joe or keep it for himself?!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-16-15 at 04:48 PM
I don't know what Jeremy would do if he finds it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen gets the "advantage" in the game at the IC, but will he find the HII? I don't know. All I know is he is the ripest for boot via the confessionals. There is going to be a big move this week, but will it be from Stephen, or in the demise of Stephen?

Also, if Stephen, isn't our boot, who is? Still think that Joe is the most likely to win IC. Who would the girls aka witches plus Joe, Keith, Kelly target if Stephen is off the table? Jeremy? Jeremy could play his idol this week?

Food for thought

Posted by CTgirl on 11-16-15 at 05:10 PM
I do think because of the vidcap evidence that Stephen wins the advantage. His story has been wrapped in the search for a HII and his dodo edit makes a part of me think that he won't find it. However his character has been pretty fleshed out so I wouldn't be surprised if he does find it too. I'm glad that CBS isn't giving it away!

If Stephen or Jeremy finds it and nobody knows that they found it, the Witches would have to operate as if Stephen did find it. They'd want to split the vote but might not have enough votes to do that. I think a minor character goes home this week either because everyone's afraid to vote for someone that might have an idol or from an idol bounce. Or Stephen's story is up. So confusing; so much fun!!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-16-15 at 08:57 PM
I love to think about the possibilities with all of you!

I also tend to think, thanks to Kona's vidcap display, that Stephen goes for the advantage. We see he and Jeremy talking after the RC about "they have to find the idol". Then we see Stephen, after the IC with the advantage container from the IC. Everyone is assuming that it is a clue to the HI. If it is, then Stephen is the most likely to find it. I wonder if he shares the clue with Jeremy. If he does, he could run a screen and send Jeremy off to get it. If he gets it, it will be fun to see how he manages it. He could possibly get it and then think he's comfortable and not have to play it, and then get votes regardless.

Should we consider that the advantage is something like Dan had last time? An extra vote? Just throwing it out there...other advantages we have seen are head starts in challenges.

If Stephen doesn't go home, then who will be the target? If Joe wins the IC, who? We see ALOT of Abi in the promos. She qualifies for the OFG theory as well. She has had no confessionals lately, but she's been visible. Kelley could be another target, they KNOW she doesn't have the HI. She's been a star of the show, however. Ciera? What about Kelly? She's been really seen in partnership with Joe lately, and if they can't get Joe, would they go for her? Keith is another bound to Joe. So many considerations!

Posted by CTgirl on 11-16-15 at 09:59 PM
So many considerations!

I know! I lvoe it!!

"Post Episode Retrospective...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-19-15 at 10:11 AM
I wanted to go through this thread in retrospect since we have been way off for the past two episodes.

First of all, here is the only picture of Kelly in the preview promo, a la the OFG theory:

Interesting that Kelly is in the middle of the frame, AND this was right smack dab in the middle of the promo. #13 out of 27 vidcaps.

Now, here are all the press images with Kelly in them:

***VERY INTERESTING to note that she was NOT seen at ALL in the later promos in the week, when they were shown with the "hunt is on".

With the lack of confessionals that Kelly got, she was a very HIDDEN boot. Now, we can see that if Joe keeps winning the IN, they seem to be systematically making him weaker by taking away all of his allies. I have to wonder, if Keith will be next?

"RE: Post Episode Retrospective...."
Posted by 5cats on 11-19-15 at 01:14 PM
What is the OFG theory?

"OFG Theory contenders"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-19-15 at 01:45 PM
The "OFG Theory" was developed by OutFrontGirl a very long time ago, close to the beginning of the show. She noticed that the boot was always featured in the preview promo. Sometimes they were front and center but a lot of the time they were just shown to be on the side of the action, off to the side, or in the background.

CTGirl Theory: CTGirl noticed that sometimes in the promo, one survivor is sandwiched in the middle of the frames. Often that is the boot.