URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8432
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Source Spoilers: S31 Post-Evacuation thru Finale"

Posted by Georganna on 10-25-15 at 10:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-15 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

I thought that it might be helpful to begin a single thread in which to deposit, collect and discuss any Source Spoilers still unresolved or that may become available between now and the conclusion of the Season. I know that I always appreciate one-stop shopping …

Source Spoilers Follow!
Don’t Scroll Farther If You Don’t Want To Know!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Source Spoilers: S31 Post-Evacuation thru Finale"
Posted by Georganna on 10-25-15 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-15 AT 05:41 AM (EST)

Outsider32 first brought this BootList Spoiler (posted to Survivor Sucks) to the Board in the thread I have a possible bootlist spoiler. Since then, the discussion of the BootList has become rather confused by the inclusion in that original thread of topics extraneous to it.

So, because there has been a notable evolution of the comments posted by the SS Moderator - Antithesys - regarding the viability of the List that I believe may have gone unnoticed in that confusion, I've brought the Spoiler here. To a clean slate.

Below is a table of links that lead (in chronological order), first to the post by Duhhh containing the List, and then to the subsequent posts by Antithesys. And I believe that I've found and linked all of the Moderator's posts regarding the List - to date. Note: If you don't want to be exposed to the BootList, don't click that first link!

Too, I've reprinted the List in the box that appears beneath the table. However, because we have posters for whom a BootList is one Source Spoiler too far, you will have to use your cursor to highlight the area in order to reveal the text. Request: Lists are eye-catching. And if/when other Spoilers are added to this thread, it is very possible that those posters who don't wish to be made aware of the contents of any BootList may scroll through this discussion on their way to another. So I would ask that this Boot Order not be reproduced - as a List - in any response to this entry unless it is also hidden by the use of the Font Color #DDDDDD.

The Posts

Duhhh - September 28th
Antithesys - October 14th
Antithesys - October 15th
Antithesys - October 16th
Antithesys - October 18th
Antithesys - October 19th
Antithesys - October 21st
Antithesys - November 2nd

The List

PreJury (in order)

Vytas
Shirin
PeihGee
Jeff
Monica
Terry (evac)
Woo

Jury (close to order)

Kass
Stephen
Kelly
Ciera
Andrew
Joe
Keith
Abi (fv)
Kimmi (fv)
Kelley (fv)

Final 3

Tasha
Spencer
Jeremy (w)

Posted by suzzee on 10-27-15 at 10:24 AM
Thoughtfully and well done!

BOO!

Posted by Georganna on 10-27-15 at 02:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-15 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

Thank you very much, suzzee.

Prompted by your comment - Thoughtfully made me think a bit more - I've edited into my post a request with which I hope that I've now done as much as can be done to make a discussion of this BootList - in this thread - as fun and informative for everyone as this sometimes controversial category of Source Spoilers allows.

And I do actually have some comments to add also. It's just that the last few days have been particularly busy at my house .

Boo! to you, too ...

Posted by Georganna on 10-28-15 at 09:46 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-15 AT 08:00 AM (EST)

At the very beginning of Survivor: Guatemala, there was a Sourced Boot Spoiler that could be interpreted - literally, from the original Spanish - to suggest that Lydia would be the Season's winner.

Note: Posted by Palpatine and titled Two Possible Boot Spoilers Already?, the Spoiler may (currently) be found on Page 229 of the Archives. And I've included both links and referenced the page number because archived threads and posts have a nasty habit of moving without leaving a Forwarding Address.

And that's when I fell in love with Source Spoilers. Because I clung to that faint promise of a Lydia victory until her boot. I searched every nuance of every post to the Board (and during Guatemala there were hundreds of them) for any evidence of its accuracy. I couldn't wait for each new update of Veruca Salt's thread by its author. Because, although she predicted Danni's win very early-on in the Season, I was convinced that if there was the slightest chance that she was wrong, Ms. Salt (or another of the host of talented Spoilers who regularly joined her there) would be the first to tell me so. I scoured every SOT for the smallest encouragement. In short, I rooted for that darned Source Spoiler for weeks. And then, hopelessly hooked, I hung around to watch the absurdly colorless Danni become a Sole Survivor.

Since, I've rooted for - or against - dozens of other one-off Spoilers or BootLists - I actually prefer BootLists because they afford me an entire Season of motivation in one tidy package - and this BootList is no different: I really want this thing to be ... wrong.

So, although I am always interested in all of the Board's threads and posts, now that I have a BootList that I absolutely detest to kick around, I am paying a lot more attention to them. That said:

Of Validity and Viability

If Antithesys intended to make of this BootList a thing of intrigue and riddle - and he tells us in the last post that I've linked that the intrique of Spoiling is the reason for his longevity in the sport - he has, in my opinion, done a bang-up job of it. I'm certainly intrigued!

But, if I've understood him correctly, there are some observations within his posts that I think are very straight-forward:

The first is that the viability of any BootList - no matter the track record of the Spoiler or the credentials of the Source - is impossible to confirm or refute with any certainty before the objective fact of its fruition or frustration appears on our television screens. That there is simply no alternative for all of us out here to just ... waiting it out.

The second is that forming opinions of the validity of a Bootlist - whether or not it is more or less likely that the List is a good faith effort at both honesty and accuracy - is a much more subjective exercise that could be informed by the track record of the Spoiler and/or the credentials of the Source. If we only knew who they were.

Which brings us back to Antithesys' last post. And, although I don't pretend to know enough about what's going on to have formed any opinion regarding the validity of this BootList, I do have an impression ...

First, I think that the identity of the Source is relatively unimportant. The person could be any one of thousands of people who touch the show in one way or another before it airs. And it seems to me that the identity of the Source is also relatively unimportant to Antithesys.

It is, instead, the IP of the poster/author of the BootList that he immediately identified and that caused him to - initially - pull the post. And, although he expends some effort on the subject of hoaxes and hoaxers, the SS Moderator doesn't - ultimately - apply the label to the product or to the person. Too, although he makes clear that he has banned the name - Duhhh - it is far from clear whether or not he has banned the person or persons - who we would know by another name - who used it.

It is, however, abundantly clear that he wishes them to know that he knows who they are. He does, however, also make it very - publicly - plain that he is obligated to continue to conceal their identity.

So, it is my impression that perhaps other prominent members of the multi-faceted Survivor community - with a public platform of their own - chose to place/plant the List on the SS Board instead, triggering the Moderator's suspicion of a hoax.

And it is my opinion that - because it is the only informed one - the best assessment of the validity of the BootList that we can hope for is the one that Antithesys includes in his post.

But, bless him, that assessment is just ambiguous enough to keep me tuned to the rest of the Season.

Posted by suzzee on 10-28-15 at 10:19 AM
Ah, the intrigue of it all. You make a good point and as you say, time will tell.

I feel tingly all over

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-28-15 at 07:24 PM
Heh. I get where you're coming from... even though I've seen the bootlist posted above, I still am holding firm that the winner is Kelley, based on my years of spoiling and seeing how she's been edited so far this season. I'd like to think that I trust my own antenna over some unknown schmoe with a bootlist that could be a few places off here and there.

If the source is indeed someone who was on the jury, how is it that the person knows who is the winner but may not be entirely sure as to the order of the jury members? So... I'm still holding out that the final four or five could be mixed up in some order.

Posted by Georganna on 11-04-15 at 05:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-15 AT 05:46 AM (EST)

Hello, Pepe ...

Although I don't see her as the Season's winner ( but then I'm absolutely lousy at reading an edit ) from my point of view Kelley is certainly a reasonable choice. Cambodia has a Fire and Air Majority and the record is that in the 24 completed Seasons that have been played to date with Majority/Minority populations, 21 have been won by a member of the Majority. And Kelley is a Majority ( Air | Gemini) native.

I, on the other hand, have thought all along that a Fire native would win the Game. The two previous All-Star Seasons were won by Fire (Leo) natives. Albeit by women and in two of the six Games that have been played with a Balanced casting scheme.

And, given his early edit, I thought that Savage would be that winner. Now, I am far from sure of that and there are only three Fire natives left in the Game: Andrew and Keith ( both Leo ) and ... Jeremy ( an Aries ).

But, about the BootList:

I've been puzzled by the same question that you've raised.

And, assuming that the List was made in good faith and by a Juror, the answer that seems most plausible to me is that it was offered by a late-arriving Juror who might have confused the order in which players left the Game prior to his or her own boot, but who clearly remembered the order in which the very few remaining Jurors arrived. And ... who clearly remembered the Final Three and the discussions before ( and after ) the vote.

I hope, though, that you're more right than I am ...

G

"Savage's edit"
Posted by Outsider32 on 11-04-15 at 08:34 PM
I didn't see that. He kind of didn't start picking up a bigger edit until the third show which I would deem too late. Also, his style of confessionals don't resonate with the style of others. Keith's had nothing since episode 1. So among those options it leaves Jeremy.

Kelley's little scenes can't be ignored. The birthday gift, "I just want to win. And the people in exit interviews talking her up.

"RE: Savage's edit"
Posted by Georganna on 11-08-15 at 02:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-15 AT 02:11 AM (EST)

Well, I've said that I'm lousy at reading edits. ...

So, it would probably have been more politic of me had I simply said that it was my impression that Andrew was being given a solid Against All Odds - backstory. Much like Mike's. More substantive than sympathetic. More impressive than inspiring.

And, given the dead-on portrayal of the patriarchal Leo personality that we witnessed Wednesday evening - to include the facts that it was Savage who authored the boot strategy that he then entrusted to Jeremy for tactical implementation - and - that Andrew was able to bite his tongue and settle for half a loaf rather than to blow the entire initiative apart by continuing to dogmatically pursue the whole - it is my opinion that the backstory is intact. Complete with remaining - and looming - obstacles.

However, I also think - and have since May - that this Game will be decided by partnerships rather than by broader alliances. So, I was encouraged by Andrew's relationship with Tasha. But, it would seem that, returned to a larger group, he's also returned to his natural affinity for more expansive, inclusive social strucures. While, as I've said elsewhere, it would seem that Jeremy has entered into several two-person pacts that - to players looking for the safety of a large alliance - all together, appear to be one. But that, in fact, may afford Jeremy the luxury of playing those partnerships down - one by one - until only one is left between him and the million. So, even if the BootList didn't exist, I would be worried about Savage.

And I thought that this last Episode offered portrayals of Keith and Kelley that were every bit as intriguing - illuminating in the first instance and puzzling in the second - as its portrait of Savage. So it is not that I am ignoring Kelley's story. It is, rather, that I continue to think that a Fire native will win this Game.

And I think that for several reasons. The first, I've already mentioned. The previous two All Star Seasons were won by Leo. Another is the composition of Cambodia's cast. There is only one Earth native playing this Season - the Capricorn, Tasha. And Earth Signs bring to the Game a grounded, practical, stabilizing influence that in its absence leaves the field to an over-abundance of the Water Signs' emotional - and the Air Signs' analytical - behaviors. Creating a turbulent social environment - as Flowerpower put it, "This game is more like high school Survivor. He said, she said, and I don't like her, football diagrams, blah!" - in which the more adaptive, spontaneous and adventurous Fire Signs thrive.

But ...

There is a BootList. And if the Final Three is inaccurate, then at least that portion of the List is a deliberate fraud. Because it would be impossible for a member of the Jury - even for a Keith or an Abi-Maria - to confuse who was sitting in front of him/her at the Final Tribal Council. And, with that, we're right back where we started. If the List is a fraud, we won't know it until one of Jeremy, Tasha or Spencer is booted.

However ...

Given that the List is now 8 for 8 - and given the dynamics of the last Episode - it seems to me to be more plausible than not that the F3 is accurate. So, even though there are literally dozens of F3 combinations that I would rather see at the Finale, I've come to terms with Jeremy, Tasha and Spencer. In large part because, BootList aside, by my own criteria Savage is unlikely to win this Game. I do, though, understand that it is a very different set of circumstances for those of you who have been convinced that Kelley is Cambodia's Sole Survivor for quite some time.

That said ..

I'm really looking forward to Wednesday night. There are just so many ways that Stephen could leave the Game.

I do think, though, that following the Green Team's probable RC win (as spoiled at MESS), the drama will be anchored in the fact that Stephen will see in Kass's Ta Keo Plus coalition prime candidates for charter membership in his own rump caucus (which he will, of course, manage much better than did Kass ... ). And while Stephen's Big Move target may, initially, have been Joe, his obsession became the elimination of someone who could win the Game. So, I think that - either because Joe wins another Individual Immunity Challenge or because he just can't secure enough votes to go after the Golden Boy - Stephen settles upon Savage - who was so warmly welcomed home by Jeremy - as his trophy.

After that? ...

I don't have the slightest clue. Other than that we are probably going to be re-visited by Jeremy's split-vote theory and that Ciera and Kelly appear to have picked up the tab for the evening's fun while Abi-Maria, Kelley and Spencer didn't even have to get the tip.

Note: It would, of course, be a lot more fun if Joe actually remained Stephen's target. But I just don't think that's the case.

ETA: I wonder if it may be that Stephen postpones his quest (or abandons it entirely) only to have the Ta Keo group - Plus/Minus Joe - convince the mainline alliance that his plot is alive and well and aimed at one of their own. And, as a result, a (relatively) innocent Stephen is sent packing: blindsided by both divisions of his Tribe.

ETA: And wouldn't it be interesting if the inaccuracy in the Jury order was just a matter of spelling ... Kelly | Kelley?

Farther along ...

I think that by F9 (Savage's boot) a voting bloc of the two partnerships of Jeremy | Kimmi and Tasha | Spencer - Plus/Minus Keith - will be established, visible - and with the exception of its hiccup at F5 - pretty much unstoppable. And incredibly boring. Too, I think that the presence of both Jeremy and Spencer in the F3 is evidence of the fact that a viable Women's Alliance just didn't happen.

G

"Another Thought ... "
Posted by Georganna on 11-09-15 at 09:08 PM

There has been some creative camera work that would appear to locate the next HII at Orkun's water barrel. So, if the Green Team does win the upcoming RC, then it is possible that one of the Team's six members - Joe, Ciera, Kelley, Kelly, Keith, Kimmi - receive the clue to that HII.

And, assuming for the moment that the BootList order is accurate, it is doubtful that it was Ciera or Kelly who found the HII. So, I wonder if it might be that Joe does find it - manages to win the IICs through Ciera's and Kelly's boots - and finally plays the Idol at Savage's.

That is at least one way that Savage's ouster - prior to Joe's - could be explained.

G

"The BootList Meets Episode Eight"
Posted by Georganna on 11-13-15 at 03:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-15 AT 04:11 AM (EST)

Although I'm certain that I'm no better at reading an edit this week than I was the last, two-by-fours do tend to rivet my attention.

So ...

Given their brilliant - Ciera-led - gameplay and Kelley's strategically-stellar use of her HII - and the latter's refusal to alienate players with whom she would have to work later in the Game - I have to think that the Editing stock of all three ladies (to include Abi-Maria) experienced quite an up-tick Wednesday evening. Particularly, Kelley's.

Note: I suspected that Savage would become a target. But I never supposed that Kass's confederates would make him the evening's boot. I do wonder, though, if the "Me" gesture that Ciera directed to Kass and to which Kass nodded an affirmation is a fore-shadowing of where the editorial credit/blame for Savage's boot will ultimately rest. Too, I wonder if Kelley's very positive portrayal may have, in this Episode, gotten a bit too good ... too soon?

And given that Jeremy appeared to make the call that directed the mainline group's vote against Kelley and appeared to disregard his own admonition regarding the wisdom of splitting votes, I would suppose that his Editing stock declined almost as much as Kelley's rose.

Note: I do, still, think that the Season's winner will be a Fire native. And, although I wish it were otherwise, I don't think that it's goiing to be Keith.

But there was a third component of Episode Eight that I think - and perhaps it's only wishful thinking - may have been equally evolutionary ...

Jeff Probst's reminder of the tie between group rewards and stragegic realignments was followed by four - Stephen's, Ciera's, Joe's and Stephen's - Confessionals focused on the same subject. And the coverage of the Reward itself was so thick with content and comment that could be construed as foreshadowing that you could cut it with a knife. So, I'm hoping that Keith and his Tuk Tuk passengers prove to be even more than just the best time we've had yet in Cambodia.

And, speaking of good times ...

Wasn't Tribal Council! It was so nice to see the players (with the exceptions of Stephen and Savage) truly enjoy a great move by three of their own. Even Tasha smiled now and again. And, while I do understand why so many Survivor fans detest BootLists, I will suggest that the evening was made more surprising, exciting and laugh-out-loud-fun for many of us because this BootList existed. And was wrong ...

As for the BootList ...

It was clear from the beginning that, assuming that it was valid, its author and its source were two different entities. And how wrong it was Wednesday night could be indicative of a third - muddling - filter. Or of a late-arriving Juror who confused two very similar - and similarly eventful - Tribal Councils. Or of the fact that the good-faith source of the List was not a Juror at all and it is hopelessly inaccurate. Or of a hoax.

In any event, I'm not yet ready to consider it moot. First, because its proving to be so entertaining. And, secondly, because, should it be a valid and viable sourced spoiler, I'm pretty sure that ignoring it won't make it any less so.

"RE: The BootList Meets Episode Eight"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-13-15 at 12:36 PM
In any event, I'm not yet ready to consider it moot. First, because its proving to be so entertaining. And, secondly, because, should it be a valid and viable sourced spoiler, I'm pretty sure that ignoring it won't make it any less so.

Valid or viable went out the window. From here on out there is, at the very least, one more misplacement. But that's only if by miracle of miracles Stephen is booted in 9th place.

I'm not ready to trash it completely either though. I understand the level of enjoyment received by watching it play out to varying degrees of truthiness.

Yet, I stand by my early assumption, that this list is a product of a pre-juror, via someone whom is a degree or two removed from production.

I expect the remainder of the boots to be an amalgamation of "personal feelings" from the source, whom was herself on a vacation with the other pre-jurists.

It will probably end similarly to the proposed F3. I'd even give a nod to the Family Visit castaways. But between now and F7 we should be on super-high alert as to actual placements.

"RE: The BootList Meets Episode Eight"
Posted by Georganna on 11-13-15 at 11:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-15 AT 08:58 AM (EST)

Hello!

Valid or viable went out the window. From here on out there is, at the very least, one more misplacement. But that's only if by miracle of miracles Stephen is booted in 9th place.

Let me 'splain ...

Because Antithesys' is the only (purportedly) informed assessment of the BootList that we have to date, I've used the words valid and viable in that context:

Valid to mean that it is likely that the order of the jury is given in good faith.

and

Viable to mean that if not exactly correct, (it is) usable as a template to determine the general placement of the jurors.

But, I do think too that the acid test of the List's viability - as a template - should, as a practical matter, arrive at Final Nine. Although I'll probably follow it all the way to the Final Three - inaccuracies or no - just for the fun of it.

Yet, I stand by my early assumption, that this list is a product of a pre-juror, via someone whom is a degree or two removed from production.

I expect the remainder of the boots to be an amalgamation of "personal feelings" from the source, whom was herself on a vacation with the other pre-jurists.

I don't disagree. And the magnitude of the Episode Eight inaccuracy certainly supports your assumption. As does a volume of opinion agreed upon the identity of that pre-juror. It is only that - given that Antithesys has had every opportunity to refute the author's claim that his/her/their source was a Juror and he hasn't - I've been inclined to accept the claim at face value. I'll admit, though, that I know far too little about the inner sanctums of the SS labyrinth to place a great deal of faith in that inclination.

But, I have come to think that, if the source is a Juror, it is most probable that the information was passed (privately/confidentially) by the Juror to a family member or friend who then passed it to the author (who, according to Antithesys, we would know by another name than Duhhh). And I think that because I can't imagine a Juror - other than Abi-Maria who was instrumental in two of Spencer's rescues (to date) and who has now been, suddenly, editorially silenced - who might have deliberately spoiled the Season.

But, by Juror, I'm excluding Tasha (presumably a Finalist). Because I can more than just imagine that if an embittered Tasha felt slighted by the show's production staff, in addition to her rejection by the Season's Jurors, in addition to her vilification by the Series' viewers, she wouldn't have any qualms about retaliating against the whole damned lot of ... peasants.

It will probably end similarly to the proposed F3. I'd even give a nod to the Family Visit castaways. But between now and F7 we should be on super-high alert as to actual placements.

I agree! So ... playing the Devil's Advocate ...

1. Assuming that F12 and F9 were transposed (and that Kelly | Kelley are not misspelings), the next boot according to the List is Kelly. And, the first person I thought of when I read this coming Episode's clue regarding the castaway (who) risks their safety in the game in order to gain an advantage was Kelly (whose swimming abilities were showcased in Episode One and whose connection to the skill was reinforced in Episode Eight). But, if there was a new voting bloc composed of Joe, Keith, Kelly, Kelley and (the absent) Abi-Maria established during Episode Eight's Reward, I don't know how we get from a 6-5 majority in favor of that bloc to a Kelly boot.

Or even why the established alliance (Kimmi, Stephen, Jeremy, Tasha and Spencer) would target Kelly (advantage in the Game or no) in the first place.

Of course, if Joe and Keith continue to vote with Kimmi, Stephen, Jeremy, Tasha and Spencer through the Kelly and Ciera boots - that are followed by some sort of extraordinary play that eliminates Stephen at F9 - and then are booted back to back by a majority composed of Kimmi, Jeremy, Tasha and Spencer (+ Abi-Maria and Kelley), the List from now until the published F3 makes sense. And is, as advertised, mostly accurate.

2. If the List's author and/or source telescoped two extraordinary Tribal Councils and it is Stephen who is booted (at F11) directly after Andrew - via a majority vote by the Reward voting bloc - and then Joe and Keith cast their lot with Kimmi, Jeremy, Tasha and Spencer once again to boot Kelly and Ciera and then are booted back-to-back by a new voting arrangement composed of Kimmi, Jeremy, Tasha and Spencer (+ Kelley and Abi-Maria), the List from now until the published F3 also makes sense. And is, as advertised, mostly accurate.

But I would be, in both instances, hard-pressed to understand what in the devil Joe and Keith thought they were doing!

What I would love to see is a Final Three of Jeremy, Kelley and Keith/Abi-Maria/Ciera. But I am having a really difficult time coming up with an even remotely-logical BootList that gets them there ...

Note: Below is a VidCap of the moment Kelley has thrust her hand all the way into her into her bag for the HII at Episode Eight's TC. Heads have already turned and expressions dramatically changed up and down the two rows of Survivors. Except for Joe's. He hasn't even so much as glanced up, down or sideways. Or adjusted his relaxed posture/clasped hands. But he is smiling. A very quiet smile. That doesn't, along with his relaxed posture, change throughout the entire interlude.

Briefly: I think that Joe knew that Kelley had an Idol to play that evening because she told him so. And that that was the reason that we heard absolutely no discussion - by the Reward voting bloc - of the possibility of forcing a 6-6 tie that would have exposed the bloc and, very probably, led to the fracture of the fragile alliance.

I think that's the deal that she and Joe made that ensured that all nine votes were directed to her.

And that that was the genesis of that curious - I'm loyal to the ones I'm with, y'all - line.

There is, after all, no loyalty to others involved in saving only your own skin.

Note: There is an update of the Posts regarding the Bootlist by Antithesys, including one made today, just below.

"Update!"
Posted by Georganna on 11-13-15 at 11:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-15 AT 08:10 AM (EST)

Below is an update of the table of links that lead (in chronological order), first to the post by Duhhh containing the List, and then to the subsequent posts by Antithesys. And I believe that I've found and linked all of the Moderator's posts regarding the List - to date. Note: If you don't want to be exposed to the BootList, don't click that first link!

Too, I've reprinted the List in the box that appears beneath the table. However, because we have posters for whom a BootList is one Source Spoiler too far, you will have to use your cursor to highlight the area in order to reveal the text. Request: Lists are eye-catching. And if/when other Spoilers are added to this thread, it is very possible that those posters who don't wish to be made aware of the contents of any BootList may scroll through this discussion on their way to another. So I would ask that this Boot Order not be reproduced - as a List - in any response to this entry unless it is also hidden by the use of the Font Color #DDDDDD.

The Posts

Duhhh - September 28th
Antithesys – October 21st
Antithesys - November 13th

The List

PreJury (in order)

Vytas
Shirin
PeihGee
Jeff
Monica
Terry (evac)
Woo

Jury (close to order)

Kass
Stephen
Kelly
Ciera
Andrew
Joe
Keith
Abi (fv)
Kimmi (fv)
Kelley (fv)

Final 3

Tasha
Spencer
Jeremy

"RE: Update!"
Posted by CTgirl on 11-14-15 at 11:29 AM
G - thanks for linking all Anti's statements. Its hard work wading through the Sucks sludge!

"RE: Update!"
Posted by Georganna on 11-14-15 at 12:54 PM

Well, so long as the 'little guy in the left column' doesn't change his avatar, we're just fine. Because I absolutely refuse to actually read through the garbage. Should a single, four-letter word be erased from the English language, I sometimes wonder how many of the posters there could manage to form a three-word sentence ...

I do, though, enjoy - and appreciate - the threads within MESS.

G

"The BootList Is Back ..."
Posted by Georganna on 11-21-15 at 08:42 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-15 AT 11:54 AM (EST)

I suppose.

However, it would appear that the Devil could do with a better lawyer. Because, beginning with the Tuk Tuk Alliance/Voting Bloc that wasn't, I couldn't have been more wrong about Episode Nine. I will say, though, that when I first looked at the composition of this Cast in the Spring, I felt strongly that broad, traditional alliances would be impossible to maintain in Cambodia. And that had nothing to do with some sort of prescient vision of an Evolution of the Game. Instead, it was an opinion based upon the fact that there would be too few players in the Game for whom cumbersome hierarchal - strategic - social arrangements are a preferred working relationship and too many for whom smaller, more egalitarian - tactical - partnerships (or Voting Blocs) are more comfortable.

So, it is also my opinion that JP's Evolution is nonsense. He has merely slapped a come-hither label on a brand of play (and Season) that we've seen many times before. But, given that S32 has already been played to its conclusion - and that the Series tends to cyclical casting patterns - I have to think that we may see a very similar Season begin next January. Our host would, after all, look a little silly if his Evolution began and ended with Second Chances. Unless, of course, he plans to slap a - The Season You Are Now Watching Was Filmed Prior to the Evolution! - disclaimer across the opening credits of every one of S32's Episodes. Anyway ...

The BootList and The Blocs:

Although I certainly wouldn't award him $1,00,000 for the performance, I would crown Stephen the Season's Master Charlatan for Wednesday evening's absurdly successful Smoke and Mirrors Exhibition.

Of course, even if Stephen had won the day by touting any one or more of the many advantages of compact alliances (Voting Blocs) vis a vis more complex and demanding hierarchal structures - for instance, the fact that ultimately facing a Jury principally composed of bested collaborators is far preferable to facing one principally composed of betrayed confidants - the performance, given his audience, would have been impressive. As it would have been if he had been able to make a cogent argument that Kelly's boot would in some way be more strategically or tactically sound than would be Ciera's or Kelley's.

But instead, with a pitch consisting primarily of illogic obscured by inanity made 1) to a player naturally drawn to large, protective hierarchal alliances and believed (by himself and others) to be a masterful student of the Game and 2) to a highly independent and entrepreneurial player who had already assembled a loosely-allied - about to be at risk - complement of partnerships capable of fielding an 8-of-11 Majority Voting Bloc, Stephen managed to persuade both to adopt a scheme that had only one - glaringly transparent and exclusive - benefit. It was conceived, brokered and consummated by him.

An amazing achievement that begs the question of if and when Jeremy became aware that Stephen was not playing for Second Place.

And now that Voting Blocs have - officially - become Cambodia's stratégie du jour, if we assume that the BootList is back on track (and that Andrew and Stephen were confused/intentionally switched by its author and/or source) it would appear that constructing a coherent narrative to explain its trail from Kelly to Ciera to Stephen to ... the Final Three will be even more interesting. And challenging.

But, here are some scattered bits and pieces that come to mind:

Stephen and Jeremy have recently used social media to affirm a lifelong friendship. And Stephen, following Savage's boot, publicly ridiculed the BootList … and Spoilers.

Pepe has noted in the Press thread that, in her RTVW interview, Kelly spoke about conferences between Kelley and Jeremy that began occurring only after she played her Idol.

Jeremy has two Idols. Stephen has a - buried in the mud - Advantage.

A poster purportedly created by a local pizza parlor to advertise a December 2nd Viewing Party with Kelley Wentworth - to cheer her on - has appeared at Survivor Sucks.

The - current - Voting Blocs: Joe and Keith, Spencer, Stephen and Jeremy, Ciera, Kelley and Abi-Maria. Leaving Tasha and Kimmi ... where?

The last two players to speak at the F11 Tribal Council were Tasha and Spencer. Both emphasized the importance of trust in the Game. However, Tasha forcefully declared that - At the end of the day, the Voting Bloc with the strongest alliance will dominate the Game. While Spencer concluded the evening’s conversation by doubling-down on the trust theme.

We’ve seen an Episode 10 VidCap of a beach conversation attended by Spencer, Joe, Tasha and Jeremy … in frame.

And then there is the CBS tease that Episode 11 will feature another daring move. But there is no similar drama attached to Episode 10.

So although getting from Kelly to Ciera doesn’t appear all that difficult, given the current state of affairs, I don’t see how Stephen leaves the Game at F9.

I am, however, all ears. And I still think that a Fire native wins the Game ...

"Questions .. "
Posted by Georganna on 11-22-15 at 03:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-15 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

Assuming that Savage's and Stephen's positions in the BootList were switched and that the remaining order is accurate, then presumably:

The November 25th Episodes will see Ciera and Stephen booted.

The December 2nd Episode will see the double-boot of Joe and Keith. So, for Kelley to host a Viewing Party on that evening would make perfect sense. Particularly if she and Abi-Maria were instrumental in their departure.

The December 9th Episode will contain the Family Visit and Abi-Maria's boot.

The December 16th Finale will begin with Tasha, Kimmi, Spencer, Kelley, and Jeremy still in the Game.

The questions:

1. CBS would not place a double-boot in the same Episode as the Family Visit, would they?

2. According to those of you who know these things, Kelley's edit thus far has been sterling. But, I wonder if it might be compared to that of Cirie in Micronesia (which, in retrospect, was designed - at least in part - to leave us feeling more than a little cheated). Because, of Cambodia's cast members, I would think that Kelley, Joe, Ciera and Jeremy would be the most likely to be invited to play the Game a third time. ETA: Or, since that possibility also seems to be floating about, perhaps Kelley's edit is meant - at least in part - to encourage the audience to fall in love with a Final 4. And in that case, would the BootList be wrong? ...

"RE: Questions .. "
Posted by tribephyl on 11-24-15 at 03:17 AM
I just *urp'd-up* a little in my throat at the thought of a Final 4, voting situation. I guess not completely out of the realm of possibility but... playing for F4 is a world away from playing for F3 (which is in itself a world away from playing for F2).
I'd say, regardless of Kelley making 5th or 4th, her showing is spectacular and completely worthy of one whom makes the final episode aka F5. And probably gets asked back at some future date.

Posted by Georganna on 11-24-15 at 01:27 PM

I don't think that they would do a Final Four. At least, I sure hope not. And I think that the rumor can probably be traced back to a misunderstanding of Savage's comment in several of his exit interviews that - (he) always thought of a Final 4 (of himself, Jeremy, Tasha and Joe) rather than of a Final 3. I've seen a reference to Savage's slip-up in several of the posts at SS regarding the possibility of a Final 4. But, I've seen it frequently enough that I thought I should bring it up.

Of course, the fact that there has never before been a merge at F13 is also consistently cited in support of the notion.

But, I just can't imagine that Survivor's producers would create a scenario that contains the possibility that we could have a Sole Survivor who received no more than three votes!

As for Kelley (you Air natives do stick together, don't you!) ...

I'll just plead advanced age and say that I really didn't care for what seemed to me to be a regrettable lack of respect for her father during San Juan del Sur. Or for her obvious glee at the thought of kicking Terry and then Savage - men her father's age - under the bus. So, from my vantage point, Kelley is quite the little brat.

But, even I have to concede that she is a little brat who seems to be playing the Game very well. And, given that, I suppose that I could live with her return. Or, even with her win this Season (in the event that this BootList proves to be, ultimately, a fraud).

And, I'm already completely content with Cambodia, anyway. I've watched Survivor for fifteen years to see something so much fun - and so spontaneously joyful - as Keith, his Tuk Tuk, and his passengers. And I don't think that any other piece of the Game will ever top it ...

And (just for emphasis): I loved your SOTS!

G

Posted by tribephyl on 11-24-15 at 02:26 PM

Posted by Georganna on 11-24-15 at 03:59 PM
Thank You!

Watch for 'ol Keith to reappear in these pages soon ...

Posted by Georganna on 11-27-15 at 01:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-15 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

On Wednesday (November 25th) Redmond / Martin Holmes reaffirmed (via Twitter) a Final Three, no Medevacs and said that the Finale will begin with six players.

So, assuming that the List and Redmond continue to be accurate:

The December 2nd Episode will contain the Family Visit and Joe's boot.

The December 9th Episode will see Keith leave for the Jury.

The December 16th Finale will begin with Abi-Maria, Kimmi, Kelley, Tasha, Spencer and Jeremy still in the Game.

"Update!"
Posted by Georganna on 11-29-15 at 08:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-15 AT 11:51 PM (EST)

Below is an updated table of links that lead (in chronological order), first to the post by Duhhh containing the List, and then to the subsequent posts by Antithesys. And I believe that I've found and linked all of the Moderator's posts regarding the List - to date. Note: If you don't want to be exposed to the BootList, don't click that first link!

The Posts

Duhhh - September 28th
Antithesys – October 21st
Antithesys – November 13th
Antithesys - November 29th
Antithesys - November 30th
Antithesys - December 4th 
Antithesys - December 9th 

The List

PreJury (in order)

Vytas
Shirin
PeihGee
Jeff
Monica
Terry (evac)
Woo

Jury (close to order)

Kass
Stephen
Kelly
Ciera
Andrew
Joe
Keith
Abi (fv)
Kimmi (fv)
Kelley (fv)

Final 3

Tasha
Spencer
Jeremy

"Post-Season Update!"
Posted by Georganna on 12-17-15 at 12:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-15 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Below is the latest comment posted by Antithesys (at SS) regarding the BootList ...

So, the saga continues?

"RE: Post-Season Update!"
Posted by CTgirl on 12-17-15 at 09:40 PM
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the saga Anti's posts!

Posted by Georganna on 12-17-15 at 11:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-18-15 AT 00:20 AM (EST)

I don't think that it will be long now!

Anti seems to be a man with a secret that
he's dying to tell ...

Posted by CTgirl on 12-18-15 at 10:29 AM
i got that feeling too!

"BootList Speculation"
Posted by Georganna on 12-06-15 at 03:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-15 AT 03:16 PM (EST)

In FP's Episode 7 ... Thread, I was pretty emphatic regarding Tasha's loyalty to the F3 pact made with Jeremy and Spencer ...

Squid: Then the big showdown could be at F6. The women will think they're up 4-2, but Tasha could vote with J/S then if it's in her best interest. Maybe that's why the finale starts at 6? More dramatic.

I think that you're probably very right. And I think that Tasha will remain loyal to her F3 committment. Tasha loves to bear witness to her own obvious superiority. So, appearing before the Jury is important to her. And she is 4th - rather than 3rd - on the other totem pole.

And I think that this is where we will see Jeremy play his second HII for himself or for Spencer. For several reasons.

Among them:

At F6 a tied TC vote can well end in drawing rocks. And that isn't a pleasant prospect when you're one of only four who will do the drawing.

But, I've since been thinking more about her Confessional following Kelly's boot when she virtually dared Jeremy and Spencer (and Stephen) to ever leave her out of the loop again and (Tasha fan) Savage's (reported) comment that this Season's winner would be a very good (great) ambasssador for Survivor. And, given that there are many ways that Tasha could reach F3 other than via an alliance with the two men, I wonder if anyone thinks that the Confessional might have been a bit of foreshadowing yet to bear fruit?

And I've brought the thought here just in case anyone wishes to reference the BootList in discussion.

"RE: BootList Speculation"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-06-15 at 05:20 PM
Interesting. Thanks -- I have not seen Savage's comment, but I think that any one of Spencer, Jeremy and Tasha would make a great Ambassador for Survivor. In fact, if they are indeed the F3 or some combo with Kelley, I think it will be one of the most epic F3s in a long time. Nice to see no goats!

I agree that Tasha's confessional could bear fruit, IF Spence and Jeremy leave her out of the loop again. There is also Jiffy's pre-game comment about Tasha being devilish (or something to that effect), and I don't think we've seen that yet, have we? Although maybe playing both sides and flipping on the women's alliance (or S/J) at the end game is her big devilish move. Clearly Abi, Kelley, Ciera and Kass will be out for blood and ripping Tasha to shreds if she ends up on the jury after blowing off the ladies.

I'm stilling hoping that the boot list or F3 will be a little wrong, just because I like surprises. It was wrong on the family visit and threw us a surprise with Savage and Stephen, so perhaps it will happen again.

Posted by Georganna on 12-06-15 at 10:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-15 AT 02:07 AM (EST)

I have not seen Savage's comment, but I think that any one of Spencer, Jeremy and Tasha would make a great Ambassador for Survivor. In fact, if they are indeed the F3 or some combo with Kelley, I think it will be one of the most epic F3s in a long time. Nice to see no goats!

I read the comment by Savage at SS. And, I beleive the post actually included a link (which surprised me). But I didn't save that link and now I can't find the post. However, it struck me at the time that Savage would think that any one of the three would be a great Ambassador for Survivor. So it was fun to read your remark. And although I wouldn't disagree with you (or Savage), I must admit that I'm really disappointed with the three. That is, however, strictly a matter of my age (my children are both now in their fifties ... ). And I so wanted a Final Three drawn from the Season's roster of older players: Terry, Savage, Kelly, Kimmi, Kass, Keith, Varner ... Peih-Gee. And Stephen. Who was born old.

I agree that Tasha's confessional could bear fruit, IF Spence and Jeremy leave her out of the loop again. There is also Jiffy's pre-game comment about Tasha being devilish (or something to that effect), and I don't think we've seen that yet, have we? Although maybe playing both sides and flipping on the women's alliance (or S/J) at the end game is her big devilish move. Clearly Abi, Kelley, Ciera and Kass will be out for blood and ripping Tasha to shreds if she ends up on the jury after blowing off the ladies.

Primarily because she is a member of the Season's natural minority and - statistically - that fact alone makes winning the Game almost impossible, I don't think that Savage's comment is any sort of revelation. Even if he was thinking of Tasha, it is more than a little possible that Savage wasn't all that in tune with the majority of his fellow Jurors. But, I do attribute to Savage an ability to recognize good form when he sees it. So, if she was able to overcome her dismaying tendency to revert to a very queer sort of patronizing posturing before an audience, I think that we may be surprised with the quality of Tasha's performance before the Jury. If she keeps her wits about her, I don't think that she will shred easily.

And she will have, I think, a decent narrative:

She will be the lone surviving woman who wouldn't be sitting in front of them if she hadn't chosen to flip on her peers. And she will be sitting in front of them with two men who, without that flip and her strategy, might well be questioning Kimmi, Abi-Maria and Kelley. In fact, I would, if I were Tasha, argue that throughout the entire Game, no-one saved Tasha but Tasha. Reference: Angkor.

And, if I were a member of Cambodia's Jury, I would certainly vote for her rather than for Spencer. But, that's me. And that's assuming that this List remains accurate.

As for Jeff's reference to 'devilish':

I have no idea what it might mean. Beyond the fact - that she doesn't mind advertising - that Tasha can be very vindictive.

As for 'out of the loop':

You know, if the List is accurate, the upcoming vote that ousts Keith from the Game is going to be interesting. For instance: I wonder who Jeremy and Spencer will vote for? And if it might be possible that one or both cast their vote(s) for one of the women in order to assure Keith's vote at Final Tribal Council and/or keep the fallout from the boot of - arguably - the Game's most well-liked player at arm's length? Without telling Tasha of his/their plan?

Because, even though Tasha could never think that she was in the running for that vote, I think that being out of that loop would rattle her nonetheless.

I'm stilling hoping that the boot list or F3 will be a little wrong, just because I like surprises. It was wrong on the family visit and threw us a surprise with Savage and Stephen, so perhaps it will happen again.

I do too. Like surprises and hope that the List is a little (or even a lot) wrong. So, even though I promised myself that I wouldn't go down that impossible road, I keep trying to imagine who made it public. In order to explore what they might yet have in store for us.

For instance:

I'd still like to see Abi-Maria in front of the Jury. Because she has a fairly fat narrative to offer too and it would be so much fun to hear her present her list of accomplishments and grievances ... and grievances ... and grievances ...

Posted by tribephyl on 12-08-15 at 02:13 AM
I'd still like to see Abi-Maria in front of the Jury. Because she has a fairly fat narrative to offer too and it would be so much fun to hear her present her list of accomplishments and grievances ... and grievances ... and grievances ...

Ooofff... I shiver at the thought of any scenario with Abi in the finals... but imagine an Abi, Keith and Kimmi finale.
THAT would definitely be the worst.
I may peel my skin off, fry it up, eat it and pass out from disgust. (hehe, soo dramatic)

Yet, I'd still be happy for the "bootlist" to be wrong.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-09-15 at 02:37 PM
Related to Abi's shenanigans, Redmond on Inside Survivor has some funny tidbits that weren't shown at the last TC. Apparently Joe and Abi were really going at each other, and Joe told Abi that no one liked her and tried to give her advice on how to improve her game. Abi replied, "Why would I take advice from a 26 year old who sleeps on his parents' couch?" and everyone lost it. This is the kind of stuff I wish they'd show more of, ha! Anyway, it helps explain why she called him a clown when she voted.

The other interesting tidbit was that Joe's dad was going around lobbying people not to vote Joe out while on reward and that turned people off.

Here's a link the full article:
http://insidesurvivor.com/2015/12/survivor-second-chance-episode-12-what-you-didnt-see/

Posted by tribephyl on 12-08-15 at 01:25 AM
Spencer, Jeremy and Tasha would make a great Ambassador for Survivor. In fact, if they are indeed the F3 or some combo with Kelley, I think it will be one of the most epic F3s in a long time. Nice to see no goats!
I agree completely. A little bit less so with Tasha, but I get it. From the very beginning she's been promising exactly what she came there to deliver and performing exactly as such. While I don't hope it gets her the new title and she will certainly have some repenting when she gets home, her inclusion in the final is ... foreseeable.

Ditto that too. Near end game Tasha stays true to her guys and buys her way into an F3 Vs F4.
T'is why she most likely loses to either of Jeremy or Spencer.

Me too!!! Like trading Tasha for Kelley. Now THAT is an epic F3!
However, I can see both Jeremy and Spencer (and Tahsa) wanting to boot Kelley at F4 (if not sooner).

***************Or is Tasha the goat?

BTW, Squid...
Happy holiday season... (even though it isn't seasonal, and moreso antiquish but, it is lighted.)

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-09-15 at 02:45 PM

> Like trading Tasha for
>Kelley. Now THAT is an
>epic F3!

Totally agree! Kelley, Spencer and Jeremy would be my dream F3 this season.

>BTW, Squid...
>Happy holiday season... (even though it
>isn't seasonal, and moreso antiquish
>but, it is lighted.)
>

So cool!!! Love how it lights up. Thanks so much, Tribe! Now I just need my teenage son to help me figure out how to use it. Although he will be mad at me because I stole his gamer nickname.

"So ... "
Posted by Georganna on 12-09-15 at 01:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-15 AT 01:49 AM (EST)

Could this be the Episode where we all get our wish and the BootList is a little wrong ... again?

Because, the title is almost certainly an Abi-Maria quote. And there are three solitary (portrait) shots of her (two following the RC and one following the IC) in the Press Images and none of Keith (although he is centered between Abi-Maria and Tasha in one of the Images).

Too, the beach shot of Spencer, Kelley and Abi-Maria - and Keith's leg and arm - Post-IC/Pre-TC (the women have their bags) leaves just enough to the imagination to suggest that perhaps Keith could be wearing the IN.

But then I have a lot of imagination ...

"RE: So ... "
Posted by SuperClyde on 12-09-15 at 02:47 AM
I'm with you. I'm having a hard time picturing that it would be Keith or Abi, though. Regardless of what Tasha does, wouldn't the women target the threats to win (which, at this point, is more important than challenge threats), so Jeremy or Spencer? And if Jeremy uses his idol, wouldn't the men target the biggest threat to win or the person leading the women's alliance charge (so Kelley or Kimmi)?
Based on what it seems the players SHOULD do, Keith and Abi should be safe, yet I agree they are the most likely boots according to spoilers and storytelling.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-09-15 at 02:55 PM
I agree, this would be a great week for the boot list to be wrong!

Just based on the press photos and vidcaps, though, it seems like Jeremy and Spencer (or possibly Kelley) are most likely to win IC. Georganna, I don't see the immunity necklace on Keith in that beach shot with Spencer, Kelley and Abi, but maybe I'm missing it.

I know we've all thought the title is definitely Abi, and it most likely is about her, but I was just thinking it could also be someone "new" who's trying on the villain role for the first time. E.g., Tasha playing both sides (which would tie back to Jeff's devil comment and her Ep1 opening confessional about asking for forgiveness later) or even Kelley or Spencer.

Seems like we don't have much to go on this week. It could go so many different ways -- can't wait!

Posted by Georganna on 12-09-15 at 03:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-15 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

Georganna, I don't see the immunity necklace on Keith in that beach shot with Spencer, Kelley and Abi, but maybe I'm missing it.

I don't see the IN there either, Squid. I just mentioned that the photo was cropped in a manner that could suggest to the imaginative that the IN is there. Not that it is. There ...

Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-09-15 at 03:20 PM
Got it!

It definitely is weird cropping. Wonder if Keith just happens upon S/K/A scheming, or if they're literally trying to tell us he gets cut out.

"Squid and SuperClyde ... "
Posted by Georganna on 12-09-15 at 06:59 PM
Thank you for posting your ideas. Because I've been back and forth repeatedly this week. But, I think that I've settled on ... Keith.

I do think that - in order to set up the Finale - no matter how the Episode plays out (and there are just too many loose ends yet to be - editorially - tied to know what will happen), this will be the Episode in which we are meant to be persuaded that Tasha has a viable opportunity to win the Game.

And perhaps it will be as simple as Keith attempting to flip to the guys - a move that Tasha would not welcome - that prompts the entire group to vote him out.

Or, perhaps it is Abi-Maria who is once again the swing vote. In the portrait of her in the chair, it looks as though she has struck her Woe is me! I have such an important decision to make! pose.

"OOPS!... "
Posted by Georganna on 12-09-15 at 10:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-10-15 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

Please disregard the contents of this Post and refer, instead, to Post #30 ...

... Tuk-Tukin' On!

"RE: OOPS!... "
Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-10-15 at 05:55 PM
You were right, Georganna!!! Should have trusted your gut.

I love that the boot list was wrong and hope it means it'll be wrong again…..although it sure seems like this was finally Keith's swan song.

P.S. What did you make of Jeremy's comment asking if Abi is a Scorpio??? I immediately thought of you when he said it and thought it was hilarious. On his twitter he says his wife and daughter are both Scorpios.

After thinking about it a little more, though, I found it a little off-putting for J's edit, mainly because he was dis'ing his family….and then his "that's why I drink" and dating comments that followed seemed non-hero-like vs. Jeremy's typical pro-family and winner edit. But I'm probably overanalyzing it!

"RE: OOPS!... "
Posted by Georganna on 12-12-15 at 05:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-15 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

P.S. What did you make of Jeremy's comment asking if Abi is a Scorpio??? I immediately thought of you when he said it and thought it was hilarious. On his twitter he says his wife and daughter are both Scorpios.

After thinking about it a little more, though, I found it a little off-putting for J's edit, mainly because he was dis'ing his family….and then his "that's why I drink" and dating comments that followed seemed non-hero-like vs. Jeremy's typical pro-family and winner edit. But I'm probably overanalyzing it!

Of course, I always love it when players refer to their own or a tribemate's Sun Sign. And I think that even most Scorpio would admit that their personality is ... complicated. So, for a definitely uncomplicated Aries, life with two Scorpio in the house would be fascinating and challenging.

And, in fact, Jeremy wasn't far wrong about Abi-Maria. Her birthday is October 21st. So, although she is a Libra, she was born within the Libra | Scorpio Cusp. And it would seem that a number of Astrologers attach a great deal of significance to that circumstance. Some to the degree that they seem to suggest that persons born within Cusps exhibit a - third - core personality that is distinct from either of the two contributing Sun Signs.

All of that is, however, far too involved and confusing for me. So ...

I also thought that the whole Confessional was hilarious. And refreshingly candid.

And very humanizing.

Because, to that point, Jeremy (and, by extension, his family) had, I think, seemed to be almost too perfect. Now I think that we feel we know a man and a family more like our own not-always-heroic or saintly husbands and wives and daughters and sons.

In short, for the first time I really liked a suddenly personable and engaging Jeremy. And, had I not watched the San Juan del Sur Season, I think that I would have been persuaded to like - or, at least, to be intrigued by - Valesay. However, she is one of the very few Scorpio women who've played the Game that I do not admire.

But, I don't know if my reaction - or your own - is the one that the edit was intended to evoke. If I were betting, though, I would probably put my money on yours. I have a bad habit of being on the wrong side of the editorial tracks most of the time.

Note: I read a bit of Jeremy's Twitter today and was amused to see that not only Kass but Francesca - one of my very favorite Scorpio players - took him to task. Fun ...