URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8421
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S31|Ep 4|East Coast Spoiler thread... "

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 07:51 PM
Please post everything related to tonights episode in this thread until the show has aired on the West Coast. Thanks and no siggies, please!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"first 6"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-14-15 at 08:08 PM
@Angkor:
Varner is feeling lucky he's still there. He is begging Savage and Tasha.
Tasha then tells Woo he's totally safe.
Abi then confronts Tasha about conversing with Woo.
Abi vows to send Woo home next.

@Bayon:
Jeremy celebrating his idol find.
Jeremy lies to Stephen and get's him to continue looking for the idol.
Jeremy says that he is willing to be the "J.T" in this alliance and Stephen is welcome to come in 2nd...again.

"Previously on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 08:10 PM
After surprise switch, the 2nd chancres went from 2 tribes to 3, Takeo was

Bayon tribe was trying

while the angkor tribe had to rebuild everything. Tasha and Savage were in the minority, see Tasha swaying Abi, at the IC, Jeremy got the HII, Varner lost his cool, he's in the middle of a big ole mess....
facing TC, the former Takeo couldn't get along so Andrew and Tasha used it to their advantage at TC, Woo voted for Abi again but it was PG who was sent home...17 left, who is next.

Night 9 Angkor, at night, they arrive back Varner in conf laughs I dodged a bullet, I didn't get one single vote, wants them to know that he is loyal to them now, what does he have to do to prove himself. He's indebted and will kiss their asses. Hear Tasha talking to Woo, it should have been Varner, eh's a snake.
Tasha in conf: I feel great, we are in control,
continues to talk to Woo, you are good with me, Woo, you aren't going anywhere
Abi then comes up to Tasha and has a problem with Tasha because you just told someone was safe that just voted me twice and talk to him in private, she argues that she didn't lie she had her back. Andrew in conf: Abi has deep rooted insecurities, she could be trouble...she has paranoia and she's unpredictable
Abi: it bothers me to get his vote at tribal, esp if from Takeo where everyone is plotting to get me out, Woo apologizes to her, Woo has voted me out twice and if the dec is up to me he will be the next one going home

Day 10, Bayon: Jeremy at last challenge, he couldn't even celebrate that he got the idol, that is a thing of beauty, he loves it, kisses it....I think about Mike last season, Jeremy is feeding Stephen crap, we have to look for this thing, make him think I will help him it's out here, he wants to pull Stephen close, he wants Stephen to be close and come to him to tell him when they are coming for him so he can pull out his get out of jail free card, the idol, I will be his JT, we'll be friends for life!

"RE: S31|Ep 4|East Coast Spoiler thread... "
Posted by Outsider32 on 10-14-15 at 08:18 PM
There's the Tasha crying scene. Looks like we were all wrong.

"second 15"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-14-15 at 08:18 PM
@Angkor:
Savage and Tasha complain about being in haitch-e-double-toothpicks.
Varner surprises the tribe with a treemail touting an RC.
Woo wonders if they can actually pull it off.

@RC:
JP explains the challenge, introduces the two rewards and then exposes the twist...It's a hero challenge... 1 castaway will be running.
Angkor chooses Savage.
Jeremy for Bayon and Terry for Takeo.

Dietz gets the first bag in the net.
Jeremy hits next for Bayon.
Savage gets the bag in.
All are heading back for 2nd bag.

Dietz back, misses.
Jeremy back, misses.
Savage back, gets the bag in the net.
Dietz gets his next, he's out for 3rd bag.
Jeremy gets his in and heads out for the third, too.
Dietz first back, misses.
Savage gets his in...Angkor comes in first and gets a BBQ set.
Jeremy is back, and misses.
Dietz tries again and scores.
Takeo in second. They win a salad bowl and dressing.
Jeremy and Bayon lose the RC.

Savage hopes he did enough to keep him here, by winning the RC.

"Production slap #1"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-14-15 at 09:58 PM
When are they going to get their bathing suits??!!

"RE: Production slap #1"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 11:02 PM
Seriously, please, they need more than their underwear! Pretty soon this will be an X Rated show...*snicker*

"Post Intro...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 08:20 PM
*waves to Tribe*, looks around for the cake!

AM at Takeo, see hornets nest...whoops it is Angkor, we survived a night n this hellhole, its a dead cove, no resources, no nothing, Andrew started out at Shangra la, no seafood nothing, not like we are kicking back, no hammocks were are in HELL right now...Varner gets tree mail, reward...some will feast and some will pout...Woo: It's a reward challenge, I am starting to feel like I am withering away, I don't know how much we actually have to pull this off

Dramatic music, come on in guys...first 2 tribes arrive then Angkor, see PG gone...the challenge, race back get bean bag, use plank to launch bag into net, playing for survivor barbecue set, sausages veggies, 2nd wins some stuff too....each tribe select one person to run whole challenge, all eggs in one basket. Savage will do it, Jeremy will do it, Spencer asks him...Dietz has it...

for reward, go, Terry out fast....Jeremy and Savage fall down...so does dietz, terry has his first, then all heading back....all conserving energy....Keith yells take it easy...launch it using plank, dietz gets his first and back out, Jeremy just short....Savagetoo hard...dietz opening up a big lead...Jeremy scores and heads out...savage scores...everyone getting 2nd bag, kelley yells you got it dietz, slow and steady, dietz is running, Savage is walking....dietz way long....jeremy back with 2nd bag...jeremy short, dietz long, all tied, savage connects on first time...in lead....dietz connects and he is heading out, Jeremy scores too, all getting 3rd bag....savage is walking, chanting almost there.....the tribe is clapping for him....both guys digging deep....dietz and savage for the windietz misses....savage wins@ Angkor wins reward....they jump and lift him up, tank you so much!, Jeremy way long, dietz scores 2nd place, and Jeremy gets squat....Angkor how gbig is this victory, Tasha is crying, we haven't eaten in 4 days, and andrew did this, pure love for this tribe, Kelley says good job andrew, not a full bar be cue set but it's good, nothing for Bayon. Andrew, part of his demons of PI, did I do enough to get us over the hump, today I gave everything I had, vindication for me, absolutely

"third 10"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-14-15 at 08:27 PM
@Angkor:
Castaways gets back and Savage is treated like the hero he was.
Angkor is fed, happy and ready to lay waste to the immunity challenge.

@Takeo:
Kass admits to changing her tactics this time by being more sincere.
Kelley sees ChaosKass fiddling with some beads and is distrusting of her.
Kass returns with a birthday necklace for Kelley.

@Bayon:
Stephen tells Spencer that he was definitely next to go.
Spencer then proceeds to throw Kelly under the bus.
To which Monica can see through his tricks.
Monica now wants to start a womans alliance and get Spencer as the first target.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 08:27 PM
Yes, TASHA Finally cried and it was because they WON! LOL!

back at camp angkor at night, Andrew says he almost dropped to his knees one of the best moments of his life, they praise him as a legend....varner is so excited, major motivation for us, Andrew, says they put their trust in me, this little tribe, now they know we can compete against those other tribes, know that we can win and not go to tribal! here the tribe cheering

Next am, Takeo, day 11, sleeping in the AM, see Kass, I think if you lost the first time out you need to do something diff't, strategically I was great, socially I didn't, everyone thought I would play the same, she read the book how to win friends, blah blah, this is bizarre to see kaos Kass out here playing socially....Kelly is up and sees Kass with knife and beads, I don't trust her she nick named herself Kaos Kass....Kelley walks up to her, Kass says get away, and Kass made a good luck charm for Kelley for her birthday, it's a birthday present! Kass in conf: the winner will be one that embraces change and for me that is to be an open person....

Bayon day 11: Jeremy asks so whats the deal with you and wiggles....strategically you mean? yes, she voted against me....he tells stephen and Jeremy....we are only 2, so I have to throw Wigle under the bus....there are people over there that own her vote....Terrry, Varner, Woo, Wentworth,

Monica: Sp says that Wigle has a ton of people in her alliance, I don't believe him, monica says as women we should be strong to keep the girls count up, and the boys count down...so once a challenge is lost Spencer needs to go first

Posted by Outsider32 on 10-14-15 at 08:40 PM
I MIGHT have actually gotten the boot right. About to see.

"Pre IC...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 08:39 PM
The IC....come on in....see them all come in....the IC, Kimmie hands it over and Kass, once again back up for grabs, 1 caller directs blindfolded pairs to collect very large and heavy puzzle pieces, first 2 tribes win immunity, loser, some one is the fourth person to get the boot, Ciera and Monica sit out, Jeff with angkor, Kimmy, Kass for Takeo....go....all about communication, Kelly says louder I can't hear you, 16 puzzle pieces....Kimmy has the first piece back, all have one piece back....angkor 2nd piece, all with second, Keith cannot hear anything.....dietz is waiting for help, teacher doesn't see him, Angkor in the lead....Bayon with 4th piece....Angkor has 11, 10 for baton, take with 7, Keith cannot hear, Keitz is wandering aimlessly hoping to find one, Joe is getting them all on his own, Joe has put TaKeo back in this challenge, Andrew is exhausted, all of them getting hurt now, OWWWWWW, Joe is runningTakeo is in the lead with 15, Bayon and Angkor with 2, 1 piece left for all, Spencer is screaming OUCH.....Takeo gets all first, then Angkor, they all work to put puzzle together....a cube, a pattern on each side, it's the insignia of their individual flags....the biggest difficulty is the weight and size of the pieces, Tasha is calling out orders, Varner had dropped a piece on himself....Angkor, no progress, a race between take and baton...Bayon is winning...bayon WINS immunity, second place now....fighting Takeo in lead, Angkor has no energy....Angkor has given up, and Takeo wins immunity, angkor to TC for the second straight time,s ee Woo, Andrew....gives the II's to the tribes, Kimmi and
See Varner...savage did you just give out....varner is on his hands and knees, Andrew is ready to fall over, he cannot think, he's close to tears...see varner, Woo, Andrew....they are all devastated....see Andrew with the tribe flag leaving the arena.

"Production Slap #2"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-14-15 at 10:04 PM
Not giving Angkor a bag of rice. It is not fun watching them so depleted. They can't even compete.

"RE: Production Slap #2"
Posted by Georganna on 10-14-15 at 10:25 PM
Agreed!

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-15-15 at 09:11 AM
They had NO idea how to do that puzzle. They were completely lost and it didn't even look like they were trying they were so deprived. #scary

Posted by CTgirl on 10-15-15 at 09:17 AM
And they have 4-6 more days before the tribes get reshuffled again.

As much as I love the players on this season and the idea of a tribe expansion, this really puts a mar on my enjoyment. #whatwasJeffthinking

Posted by michel2 on 10-15-15 at 09:48 PM
I'll tell you what Jeff is thinking: He's sure that we are enjoying this sh*t.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-15-15 at 10:19 PM
Dan Jeff is wrong again!

"fourth 10"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-14-15 at 08:42 PM
@IC:
JP explains the challenge...wait, he collects the idols first, then he explains the challenge.

Monica sits out for Bayon, Ciera for Takeo.
Varner calls for Angkor, Kass for Takeo and Kimmi for Bayon.
Bayon back with 1, Anglor and then Bayon.
Angkor, Bayon and then Takeo with their second pieces.
Angkor, Bayon
Angkor back with 4, Takeo back with three. Bayon back with 4.

*fast forward*

Joe doing amazing self guided turn around for Takeo.
Collage of bumps and grinds.
Joe sprinting with a piece on his shoulders.

1 piece left for everyone.

Takeo back with all pieces first.
Then Angkor with all pieces
then Bayon with all theirs.
All are on the puzzle portion.

Spencer somewhat leading the build for Takeo.
Tasha leading at Angkor.
Angkor falling behind BIG time.
Bayon making the most progress.
Bayon wins immunity!

Takeo or Angkor?
Angkor appearing as if they are waiting for Takeo to win. Sad, really.
Angkor is going back to TC!

Savage close to tears post-IC.
JP has nothing for them.

" fifth of vodka"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-14-15 at 08:51 PM

(ala pumpkin spices)
and some cake...

sorry, someone said cake and I got off track.

"RE: fifth of vodka"
Posted by Outsider32 on 10-14-15 at 08:56 PM
How does that happen? CBS must have been reading up on us and studying our edit theories. Varner clearly had a narrative edit. I don't get this at all. It doesn't make any sense.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 08:57 PM
Pumpkin spice Martinis and CAKE!!! Died and gone to heaven.....even though Varner won't be on our screens anymore....*sniff* Bottom's UP! <3

Posted by CTgirl on 10-14-15 at 10:08 PM
Fall is in the air! I love a good pumpkin spice martini.

*tips my glass to Jeff Varner*
Can't wait to listen to his exit interviews!!

"Pre TC drama....then TC"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 08:56 PM
Geez, at this point I do NOT know who it will be? Woo? Abi? Varner? It's still up for grabs!

good effort guys, varner, good calling....they all note how the good felling from the full belly is gone. Andrew conf: worst most physical challenge ever
Varner hurt his piggy toe
Tasha: thanks to Abi, Andrew and I have fought our way to the top. she is unstable

Tasha tells Andrew Jeff needs to go...

Varner and Woo walking down the beach we see the SNAKE, and then WOO, okay Outsider let's see if your theory works!, Varner says it's me or you and I think it's me...., they are not telling me anything, they took over, abi flipped they have the power, abi is so in their laps right now that she has completely turned her back on us, but in my favor I have not voted for Abi, so if she is making the calls, I might just get by another one....see Woo walking with Abi....they are making me feel so comfortable, they need you, what if we took out varner to her, but she says that you voted for me twice, he said he wanted to work with me then he stabbed me in the back, put yourself in my shoes, how does that make me feel. Woo says that he tried to rekindle my relationship with Abi, I could be in trouble....see a lizard....Woo, then Abi is talking to Tasha....Abi says that he is not a loyal guy talking about Woo....Tasha is fixated on Woo, but Woo can help us win challenges...Abi is contrary, who is the biggest liability, but varner has protected me many times, she wants to be loyal to Jeff, she says that she is thinking, Woo wasn't loyal to me, what scares me is that Varner could work his magic on Abi then I have lost her....Varner is saying that he misses his abi time. Abi is the pivotal piece of this puzzle and if we don't do what she says she will be pissed. Abi has last confessional, she hates having to be the decision maker....

going to TC, see varner with a walking stick....vArner lets talk about the cane, yes, one of these pieces slammed on my foot, to not be able to put 2 thoughts together, it drains you, but I think of the millions of people that voted for me and I just keep going. Woo says that me and Varner are on the bottom...well varner is hurt....Abi said that she hasn't made up her mind yet, varner is loyal to me, but we want to win challenges, Woo is a stud says andrew...at the merge he will be a stud, Woo says that he will be an asset for you....Jiffy tells him you can't escape your physical power, but he argues that he will ride or die for his all., Varner was loyal and we wants to make a pitch, Tasha, I am loyal to you, I trust you, Savage we are old school and Abi Z, i have been loyal to you since day 1, will be to the end, I hope you repay that to me, Jiffy says that was a good pitch....Tasha is weighing it out, all tasha knows is that we need strong people, and that is woo. Woo will give it, he will be loyal, Varner has relationships with everyone on other tribes, I am looking out for the better good of the group....I built a relationship with you the past 5 days and I will stick to it! Varner says, can we vote, Abi....I promise you right here right now, I will stay loyal, don't vote me out....she yells to him, make sure you don't write Abi...Woo votes Varner, Varner votes Woo, you rock....

Vote tally:

No one has an idol

Abi looks at Woo....

Jeff
Woo
Jeffrey
JEffry

Varner is OUT....Varner kisses abi and says you little #####, and she says will you forgive me....Abi makes a heart sign....Woo says THANKS, Abi says you are welcome....silver lining to TC, sometimes when you make the right choice you will return stronger, head back to camp!

Well, we knew it would be one of them! Congrats for those that voted Varner!

"Why didn't they vote for Abi?"
Posted by michel2 on 10-14-15 at 09:07 PM
I mean, Tasha even said that she couldn't count on Abi so why not cut her out? If she is so undecided now, why not go for the fence sitter. It's Survivor 101.

Varner's injury certainly factored in more than they led on. I guess we'll get to watch more soap opera!

"RE: Why didn't they vote for Abi?"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-14-15 at 10:11 PM
Abi probably has put the fear of God in Tasha, LOL!

"knew they wouldn't get rid of Woo...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 09:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-15 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-14-15 AT 09:11 PM (EST)

....but why oh why did they keep ABI???? HUH???? Do they have STOOOOPID written across their foreheads?

Next time on Survivor:

See: Jeremy, Joe, Tasha, Abi, Kimmy, Keith

Jiffy: In a season of second chances the most unlikely(see Abi) may be the most dangerous (see Keith, see Kimmy (Kimmy looks like she was crying?_
Someone says: This is the final five, see the tribe Takeo making an alliance: Kass, Joe, Keith, Ciera, Kelley
Keith: 2 people ain't gonna get you no where but 5 people, will get you all the way to the end.
See Woo, lying down
Abi: If he writes my name down again, he's dead to me
Kimmi: She's a snake in the grass, (I think she was talking to a guy, Stephen? - I could see the side of his head, ear)
Kimmi: There are going to be casualties

Varner: I have a passion that's been cooking for 15 years, and this opportunity came and all of a sudden it came flying out in all directions, but in terms of the life adventure, in terms of the charge to move forward with the second half of my life, I absolutely got what I needed and I'm very grateful!

They all voted for Varner.

I will miss him!

"RE: knew they wouldn't get rid of Woo...."
Posted by Sheldor on 10-14-15 at 09:20 PM
The editors fooled me. I totally thought Woo was gone; especially since he is one of the remaining players not to have an intro confessional. So they broke that tradition.

Still sort of weird that Varner was sitting in #16 seat in the cast photo just one off. Only back row and Shirin second row have been voted out so far.

"No confessionals in intro....shot"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-14-15 at 09:26 PM
Well, the no confessionals in the Intro list is all screwed up now. But, let's face it, I agree 100%, the peeps on that list are most likely not integral to the story of the season.

But? Did Stephen's stock go up tonight when Jeremy said he'd be his Jt???

"RE: No confessionals in intro....shot"
Posted by michel2 on 10-14-15 at 09:52 PM
I think Stephen's stock did go up but the scene still made him look foolish, falling for Jeremy's lie. I think the scene between Monica and Spencer will determine Bayon's vote if they go to TC. It could come to one of those two. So, if Jeremy wants Stephen as an ally then maybe Spencer's stock went down in an exact inverse proportion.

"Abi-Maria | Air | Libra"
Posted by Georganna on 10-14-15 at 10:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-15 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

Libra ... thrive in calm, aesthetically pleasing environments. But don't let all that sugar and spice fool you. Libra are easily upset by the chaos of life and then the October-born can be as quarrelsome, as irritable and as intractable as any Sign in the Zodiac ...

... (Libra) is symbolized by the Scales of Balance, and just as a set of scales will teeter back and forth before achieving a new balance, Libra will vacillate to and fro between extremes: mental, emotional or physical. When the Libra does make a decision, however, you can probably bank on its integrity. The polar opposite of subjective Aries, the Libra is quite capable of objective judgment: irrespective of his own tastes, mores, philosophies or preferences. And even though Libra take a lot of heat for being indecisive, they make up for it with an idealism that has the power to change their world. Perhaps this is why there are more judges born under Libra than under any other Sun Sign and why the Scales have come to represent our system of justice.

However, once they have reached a conclusion Libra will not tolerate a divergent opinion: among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. Moreover, the negative Libra character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia and inappropriately docile: yet Libra can shock everyone around them with sudden, and inexplicable, storms of rage.

Cambodia's other Libra: Terry and Joe

Note: As much as I hated to see Jeff Varner (Fire | Aries) leave the Season and - given her manner during her interview with Parvati Shallow following her exit from Cagayan - as much as I am certain that I would dislike Tasha (Earth | Capricorn), I do admire her yeoman-like work with Abi-Maria. 'Managing' a Libra is no easy task.

ETA: This isn't the Tasha Fox Interview with Parvati Shallow that I referenced above. But it is, I think, from beginning to end an interesting one. Not least, because of this exchange:

TV Guide First things first. What is Tony's secret to making people not vote for him?!

Tasha Tony is still in the game because he has two people in his alliance who know their roles. Woo is the enforcer, so he just pretty much goes with what Tony tells him to do. And then Trish is the cleanup woman. Even if she doesn't know what's going on, no matter what, she'll clean it up for him and make sure everything's okay. So when you have two people in your alliance who really don't necessarily care to take charge and they play their roles, that's how you stay in the game. If I had a Trish and a Woo, I'd still be in the game too.

Note: Trish is, like Abi-Maria, a Libra. And Woo is, still, the same Woo (Water | Pisces) that he was in Cagayan ..

And for these concluding exchanges:

TV Guide Out of the remaining players, is there anyone who wouldn't get your vote if they made it to the final three?

Tasha Yeah. If Kass made it to the final three, she definitely would not get my vote. Everyone else, as a juror, if they give me a good story and give me a good narrative, then I would consider voting for them. But Kass, absolutely not. I hold grudges, and I'm a Capricorn, so it's just in my nature. I wouldn't be able to forgive her even if I wanted to.

TV Guide She was the first person to do a major flip, early on in the season.

Tasha Yeah. And in my opinion, unnecessarily. But hey, if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have been able to show how great I am strategically and physically. So, thanks, Kass.

Note: Kass's Sun Sign is Water | Scorpio. And I would submit that Tasha is, still, the same Capricorn that she was in Cagayan. However, Tasha was far - far - more likely to win Cagayan than she is to become the Sole Survivor of Cambodia. In short, the overwhelming odds are that her 'role players' have come much too late in Tasha's Survivor day.

ETA: Links to Woo's, Jeff's and Kass's Sun Sign Profiles.

"RE: Abi-Maria | Air | Libra"
Posted by Outsider32 on 10-15-15 at 01:20 AM
I agree, and you know who she is reminding me of........Natalie Cunial of Big Brother. She, like Tasha, calls herself a Christian but apparently she held a grudge against Sheila for a long time like Tasha is holding one against Kass. No doubt it's going to come to a boiling head this year. Editing shows it and its also showing with Kass's redemption arc and knowing Tasha is going to target her because that's logic 101, that Tasha is going to be a villain. I have said it enough tonight, the Kass boot is going to be similar imo to the Lex boot in All Stars. Tasha will be Boston Rob All Stars 2.0.

Posted by Georganna on 10-15-15 at 01:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-15 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

Hello!

It's good to see you here again this Season.

I'm afraid, though, that I am really at a disadvantage right now. I've never watched Big Brother and I've only watched (in their entirety) the Seasons of Survivor from Palau ... onward. And, while I read every post to the Editing thread here - every week - the amazing attention to detail and nuance that those of you who contribute to it bring to the table is not my forte. Unfortunately, I become much too mesmerized by the forest of the Season's narratives - and the interactions of its personalities - to see its myriad other trees.

But, I can say that your observation that Tasha may play a Villain's part in Cambodia doesn't seem at all far-fetched to me. The Series' editors will do what they will do in their portrayals of any given Season's players. And one of the most glaring examples of their ability to shift the shape of a personality in order to advance the moment's theme is Stephanie LaGrossa (Sagittarius).

But, of course, the most familiar (and famous) example of their black art is Rob Mariano. Who is, as you probably know, like Tasha, a Capricorn. Arguably, Survivor's most successful personality.

Some other editorially villainous/misfortuned Carpricorn: Natalie Bolton, Denise Stapley, Corinne Kaplan, Gregg Carey, Eliza Orlins, Mikey Bortone, Cochran, Tina Wesson ...

Note: Clicking on that Capricorn link will access a complete list of the Capricorn who have played the Game. And I'm sure that you will be able to identify several others who have played the Villain in the earlier Seasons that I've not watched.

So, I am really looking forward to knowing how Tasha's story - vis a vis that of Kass - plays out this Season. And your view of it is, I think, a very plausible one made all the more interesting because Kass is a Scorpio. A Sign that has certainly produced more than its fair share of the Series' editorially villainous/misfortuned players.

G

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-15-15 at 09:53 AM
Nice insight into them, G! I really appreciate it.

Tasha is a strong, determined, focused, woman. Women can forgive but it's very hard for us to forget. In a game like Survivor it's so tricky. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Just SO hard to trust someone that has screwed you over before in this game. I'm with Tasha, when playing for a million dollars I wouldn't give her the chance to screw me over again.

Nice insight to Terry and Joe as well, can definitely see this about them too, and they seem to have such an affinity toward each other as well!

Posted by Georganna on 10-15-15 at 08:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-15 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

Well ...

There are strong, determined, focused women. And then there are the Zodiac's most profound and powerful women: determined and forceful, intense and intuitive, formidable and passionate, exciting and magnetic - Scorpio.

And, having become acquainted with several of those women on this Board, I have no doubt that not one of them would, within the Game, allow any player to screw her over, twice ...

However, it is incredibly difficult for Scorpio women to camouflage the characteristics that cause them to be so very intimidating to their tribemates. And so an astonishing number of them have been first or second boots from their Tribes and the Game. And that's why, of Tasha and Kass, I was much more impressed by Kass's performance in Cagayan than I was by Tasha's. Capricorn is an Earth Sign. And, although it would be a stretch to say that the Survivor environment is a welcoming one for any personality - save, arguably, Aries - it is far more manageable for grounded, methodical, practical, initiative Earth natives than it is for reactionary, intuition/instinct/passion-driven Water Signs.

But, there is this critical annotation to the Scorpio profile: Scorpio ... works best in a crucible of pressure and uphill challenges. And that the Game offers in abundance.

Nevertheless, this is a Fire and Air Majority Season. And neither Scorpio nor Capricorn natives have, as a practical matter, a viable opportunity to become its Sole Survivor.

The Record: Twenty-four completed Games have now been cast and played with Majority | Minority Sun Sign populations. A member of the Majority has won twenty-one (88%) of those Seasons. Tina, Yul and Jud remain the only exceptions to the Majority Rules pattern. And in the six Seasons cast and played with an even division of the naturally-conflicted Element duos - Earth and Water vs Fire and Air - Fire and Air natives have won four and Earth and Water natives have won two.

As for Libra ...

As I've mentioned several times on the Board, I worked very closely for a number of years with a Libra. And I have never met a more fascinating personality. Not least because Libra are not natural, overt, heirarchal leaders. They are, instead, naturally independent arbiters, diplomats, middlemen/manipulaters ... schmoozers. They adore information and collect it voraciously - disseminating the juicy bits and pieces of their hoard quite cunningly - while others work twice as hard to acquire and accumulate far less effective implements of power. And I've always thought that their secondary symbol (after their imposing Scales) should be the Octopus. Because their intuitve goal is to spread their tentacles of influence as far abroad as possible.

These are the natives for whom the declarative, I want to be the one that everyone else ... comes to, was invented!

However, Libra is an Air Sign. And the chaotic Survivor environments (physical, emotional and social) are - save, arguably, for Aquarius - very difficult for Air natives. In other words, there is good reason why Joe sets about making his immediate physical surroundings as pleasant and comfortable - as quickly - as he can. And why Abi-Maria detests being excluded from conversations and imagines the worst when she is. And why Terry is once again the go-to-guy in his Tribe – the Libra personality attracts the revelations, confidences, gossip and trust of others like a magnet – but, this time, the go-to-guy with a social game.

Note: In more tranqul environments than those of Survivor, Libra are, as their Profile indicates, the Zodiac's most social beings.

So, its been really fun for me to watch the interactions of this Season's Libra. I thought that the interplay between Abi-Maria and Terry - the one tribemate who seemed to truly understand what she was feeling - was touching. And I suppose that I am the only member of the Board who hopes that Abi-Maria lasts far into the Game ...