URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID34
Thread Number: 842
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Big Brother Summary Sign-up Thread?"

Posted by strid333 on 06-11-06 at 05:20 PM
Is there one that is going to be started? The show is coming on in one and a half weeks. Oh, and are the summaries going to be one person does an entire week or individual episodes? (I know that both has been done in past seasons of BB and I preferred individual episodes.)

If this thread is to be the sign-up thread, I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'll be taking holidays in July from the 15th to the 30th.

Three is the perfect number.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Big Brother Summary Sign-up Thread?"
Posted by Estee on 06-16-06 at 02:31 PM
I think it should be one episode per summary, even if people wind up doing multiple summaries. It's a season of B.B.A.Stards and we may need to pay close attention. Deciding just when to throw up doesn't come automatically, y'know.

I'll add a cap to the circle, but I may have trouble getting a few of the weekend episodes this summer. I can't do the casting special -- I don't know BB's history well enough to introduce everyone.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 06-16-06 at 05:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-06 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

Hi strid333, thanks for starting this.

The last two seasons, I think we assigned the show by weeks and left it up to each writer to decide whether they wanted to post their summaries one episode at a time (which I think most readers prefer, because the summary content is more timely) or by week. Most writers ended up going with the episode-by-episode approach:

Big Brother 5 Episode Summaries

Big Brother 6 Episode Summaries

The summaries for Big Brother 3 and 4 are still only available via the Big Brother Bites site, but BB4 was the only season where we really ever did much with the weekly summary format. I agree with Estee's suggestion that especially given this is an All-star season, individual episode summaries probably make more sense.

Posted by bdemoney on 06-16-06 at 08:50 PM
I would be interested in doing a summary this season. So, if you still need some people count me in. I'm looking forward to the all stars edition!

Posted by LadyT on 07-02-06 at 06:42 PM
I am so enjoying going back and rereading some of these. Last night I reread some of Shakes Season 2 summaries. Shakes, please we need your humor to catch the essence of Will!!!

BigBrotherFanFiction
Jack is HOH, who will be nominated?
Will Marvin stay in his alliance of one or join up with Jack and his alliance to avoid being nominated?
A catfight may divide the house even more...
One of the women is pregnant, who is it and what will they do?

Posted by frisky on 06-17-06 at 00:24 AM
I'll be glued to this, because I love hating it, so I'll do some summaries.

I'll even volunteer to do the casting special, because I'm sure it will be one of the most snarkworthy episodes.

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

Posted by kathliam on 06-18-06 at 04:06 PM
Well, chances are I'll be doing a lot of live feed summarizing during the season, at least if I become half as addicted as I was last year. I only watched seasons 5 and 6, and didn't even start watching BB5 until about halfway through, so most of the cast members I know only through what I've read.

That having been said, I throw my hat into the summary ring if you need any additional writers, since I try to limit the amount of snark during live feed, and a summary will give me an opportunity to spew any bile that accumulates (especially if any Fiendship members find their way back onto my computer screen this year).

Posted by GuessItRains on 06-18-06 at 11:05 PM
I don't know why I find this show so fascinating. I've done summaries for several years now ever since BB3, and would be happy to do a few more. I'm out mid-July (roughly July 15 to July 20), but otherwise happy to pitch in.

Posted by ARnutz on 06-19-06 at 09:22 AM
*jumps on the bandwagon*

Icey bounced me!

Posted by zipperhead on 06-20-06 at 05:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-06 AT 05:06 PM (EST)

Sorry, I can't commit to a week at this time.

Posted by frisky on 06-21-06 at 03:09 PM
No word from Webby, so I'm going to record tonight just in case he needs a summarizererer.

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

Posted by bdemoney on 06-29-06 at 04:29 PM
With the show starting a week from today I thought I'd check this thread and see if Webby had assigned anyone for the first couple of episodes. I hope we hear back soon as I love reading the recaps almost as much as I enjoy watching the show.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 06-29-06 at 05:45 PM
Sorry folks, I'll put up a prelimary summary schedule tonight or tomorrow

Thanks,
SB

Posted by bdemoney on 06-29-06 at 10:09 PM
Cool. Thanks. I know how crazy summer schedules can get!

"Proposed initial schedule"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 07-03-06 at 02:08 PM
Sorry for not getting this up on Friday, below is the proposed schedule for the first couple of weeks worth of shows. Please respond below confirming whether the below dates work for you. Happy 4th!

Episode 01 - Thu, July 06 - strid333
Episode 02 - Sun, July 09 - ARnutz
Episode 03 - Tue, July 11 - GuessItRains
Episode 04 - Thu, July 13 - frisky
Episode 05 - Sun, July 16 - kathliam
Episode 06 - Tue, July 18 - bdemoney
Episode 07 - Thu, July 20 - Estee

Thanks,
SB

"Episode 4 confirmed"
Posted by frisky on 07-04-06 at 01:03 AM
Thanks, Webby.

*sharpens claws*

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

"RE: Proposed initial schedule"
Posted by strid333 on 07-04-06 at 01:05 AM
Wow, episode one! It would be an honour to kick off the season!

Posted by GuessItRains on 07-04-06 at 10:28 AM
Looks like we've got a good early season lineup this time around. July 11 is fine. See you all then!

Posted by ARnutz on 07-04-06 at 12:38 PM
Episode 2 works for me!

Thanks Webby!

Posted by bdemoney on 07-05-06 at 12:08 PM
Episode six - July 18th works for me. Thanks!

Posted by pokey_ally on 07-06-06 at 06:38 PM
If you need another poster, I am available. Just let me know when.

"Oops -- (first?) corrected schedule"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 07-07-06 at 01:10 AM
Apparently Episode 2 won't be on this coming Sunday -- the Sunday episodes only start the following week.

Below is a revised schedule that pushes everyone back a broadcast date, if the new date doesn't work for you please let me know, thanks!

Episode 01 - Thu, July 06 - strid333
Episode 02 - Tue, July 11 - ARnutz
Episode 03 - Thu, July 13 - GuessItRains
Episode 04 - Sun, July 16 - frisky
Episode 05 - Tue, July 18 - kathliam
Episode 06 - Thu, July 20 - bdemoney
Episode 07 - Sun, July 23 - Estee

Thanks,
SB

"RE: Oops -- (first?) corrected schedule"
Posted by oasisfan1994 on 07-07-06 at 01:25 AM
If your in need of a poster for any date just let me know.

HA HA HA Im in the HOUSE!!!! LET THE MEN GET NAKED!!!

Posted by zipperhead on 07-07-06 at 09:46 AM
Since it looks like we're not doing weeks, then I am available to take an episode.

Posted by bdemoney on 07-14-06 at 11:14 PM
Glad I checked this thread. Wanted to make sure I was still covering the July 18th episode, and now I see I'm covering the July 20th episode instead. Which is fine by me. Gotta love covering the live episodes with Julie Chen. Always love to comment on her choice of clothes or the way she can't ever determine who actually won a challenge! (hee, hee)

Posted by kathliam on 07-16-06 at 07:35 AM
Thanks, Webby. I'm in for the 18th.

Posted by zipperhead on 07-24-06 at 11:47 PM
I've got Tuesday the 25th covered.

"Bump"
Posted by SurvivorBlows on 07-25-06 at 01:14 PM
Just bumping since I'm going to be scheduling the next couple of weeks of the show tonight -- zipperhead is already handling tonight's show (thanks zip!)

"RE: Bump"
Posted by bdemoney on 07-31-06 at 04:14 PM
Just bumping/checking to see if the new schedule was out yet or not. I wanted to make sure I hadn't missed writing a recap. But I guess not....whew!

Posted by strid333 on 07-31-06 at 04:48 PM
I'm back from my holiday. I'm game for another summary! Just not on my birthday (Aug 20).

Posted by frisky on 08-03-06 at 04:52 PM
Just confirming that I'm at bat tonight, in case Webby doesn't get my PM.

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats