URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8405
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S:31 | State of the Spoiling | Episode 2 | Survivor MacGuyver"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-29-15 at 10:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-15 AT 11:32 AM (EST)

STATE OF THE SPOILING
SURVIVOR 31: Second Chances

Welcome everyone to yet another attempt to re-vitalize Survivor Blows STATE OF THE SPOILING, where we try to collect all the data from around the boards to spoil the episode before it airs. Please feel free to digest, support, or refute, but always remember to BE NICE AND PLAY FAIR!

Episode one introduced our players throughout the show. According to the editing thread, Woo, Vytas, Terry, Monica, Stephen, Peih Gee, Shirin and Keith didn’t give opening confessionals. Can we take anything away from that? Most seem to think that it doesn't exclude them from having a long run on the show, but could it exclude them as ultimate winner? We can certainly cross off Vytas! Time will tell. In episode one Terry labeled the division on the TaKeo Tribe as old schoolers, who want to take care of basic needs first such as shelter, food, water, as well as get to know everyone socially before starting to "play" the game, vs. New Schoolers, who start playing and strategizing as soon as the tribes are divided. While the division apparently was between the shelter people and the beach people, it appeared they were divided 5 to 5. At TC, old schooler, Varner, jumped on the moving train and voted out one of his old schoolers, Vytas. The second episode of Second Chances is: Survivor: MacGuyver. The title thread is located, here. I think Survivor MacGuyver refers to our golden boy, Joe.

SURVIVOR MACGUYVER

MISDIRECTION CLUES:

This week we have CBS Misdirection clues and a few clues from Jiffy. Here's what Jiffy teases:

1. Emotions come to the surface. Well, we know there will be tears...

2. There’s a truly romantic story of love... Some speculation that there could be a budding romance between Joe and Monica, but I think someone is going to tell a story of love, perhaps Terry, perhaps Savage, perhaps?

3. there’s a moment of empathy and comfort from someone you wouldn’t expect. We see Abi-Maria crying, so will Pei-Gee comfort her? Spencer, will it be Abi that comforts some one. Or, will the comforter be on the Bayon tribe? It sure looks like our boy, Fishbach is in need of some comfort....Kass is an unlikely comforter? Keith?

4. there’s another exciting challenge that results in more tears at the thought of Tribal Council. Most folks are speculating a TaKeo loss, so someone that thinks they may have blown it, Kelly?, will cry again? Shirin cries cause she choked at the challenge?

Then, here are the CBS Misdirection Clues:

1. One tribe is completely puzzled at the IC. D'uh, it ends in a puzzle...

2. one castaway attempts a heartfelt apology in an effort to stave off elimination before an intense tribal council. So, most folks are thinking that TaKeo loses the challenge. We saw that Abi-Maria was a boot target last week, and she's apparently been the emotional one. She's a good guess to cry to save herself at TC. My second guess would be Wigglesworth or even Shirin?

Finally, we have verbiage from the promos...

Abi to Pei-Gee: I'm so sorry that you don't like me, that I annoy you.
Probst: ...Abi is playing the same ole game...
Abi <camera confessional>: You <expletive> with me, you're dead.
Probst: ...while Varner is trying to change it up.
Jeff Varner <talking to Terry>: All of these threats have got to go.
Varner <camera confessional>: I don't like these people. It was a wake up call. Get off your ##### and play this game

Later Promo:
Jiffy: 20 former players given a second chance...to finish what they started
Varner talking to Terry out alone in the woods: This game is moving like lightening

V/O: For these castaways...(see: Kelly, Tasha, Kelley)....it's not just

Stephen in conf: (See Joe), Joe's a threat. Here's a guy that you slit his neck right when we get to the merge, then see Stephen chopping a coconut.

Shirin telling Woo: (they are alone together), You will be picked off as soon as you don't win immunity....see Woo looking confused

Varner alone walking with Terry: All these threats,

(see Shirin followed by Spencer and Kelley)
...Varner continues: ....gotta go!

Shirin talking to Abi privately: Are we still in this together? Abi responds by shaking her head NO and smiling.

Varner alone in conf: OMG, this is delicious!

From the promo verbiage it appears that Varner doesn't like the new schoolers and now sees them as threats, as he explains to Terry. It also appears that Abi is wrecking her old havoc, and we know that Spencer thinks this is the worst thing ever. We also see Shirin working Woo, and also going back to secure Abi.

VIDCAPS:

There are just about 100 press images this week. We see lots of the challenge and camp life. A HUGE THANKS to SHELDOR for taking the time to put them all in order! He's done a fabulous job, here. In a nut shell here is the time line:

Day 4, June 3: Shots of camp life at Takeo from 11 AM to 1:26 PM

Camp life at Bayon, 12:19pm to 1:47 pm...

Day 5, June 4, Camp life shots at both tribes. TaKeo looks to be serving chicken, while Bayon is going fish in'.

Day 6, June 5, Challenge, then post challenge shots at TaKeo...

The Challenge has them gathered on mats at the start, they are given 3 ropes to carry with them, as they have to scale 3 pyramid structures going from small, medium, to large. Then once over the pyramids they have to get a large heavy crate over a track that must also scale up and down.

Once they get the crate to the end, they have to put together a vertical puzzle. Winner wins reward plus immunity.

Because the post challenge press images are only at the TaKeo tribe, we can deduce that the TaKeo tribe is going back to TC. I will note here that the post challenge shots at a tribe has always been indicative of the IC loser.

RESULTS:

Well, we can deduce that the Takeo's go back to TC according to the press image time stamps. Abi is her old self again, we see that as she attacks Pei-Gee upon arriving back at camp. We know that Spencer thinks she's horrific for his alliance, while Varner wants to use her as a tool...see the SNEAK PEAK, here!, thanks Tribephyl! But, we do have vidcap confirmation that Abi, Varner, and Woo will live to see another episode....

I think the vidcap of Abi is her walking in the front of the tribal line as they come in to a future challenge. You can clearly see Tasha behind her, with a gold buff on her neck and her green flowered head band on her head. She is followed by Woo. Then in the second shot, we have Varner also in a gold buff. So, there will be a tribe shuffle in the future and Abi, Woo, Tasha, and Varner will all be on the gold tribe. Which means that Varner, Woo, Abi are all SAFE for this week.

With the information that Varner "doesn't like these people", and makes a case to Terry to take out the threats, it appears that he will be voting with the old schoolers. But, we need another new schooler to bail to the old schoolers for them to vote out a new schooler. Two possibilities could be Pei-Gee, who constantly bears the wrath of Abi-Maria, OR, Spencer, who thinks Abi is a disaster for his game. If Varner is on the up and up and pulls this off, then I think the leader of the New Schoolers will be going home....

Here she is fitting with the OFG theory in the preview vidcap:

And, here she is fitting the CT Girl Theory:

I think that Shirin will be toast.

BUT, if Shirin works her magic and keeps Varner with her, Abi with her, then they can choose the next old schooler to walk the walk. In that case, I think my second choice for boot would be:

The original old schooler, seen in this promo right smack in the middle a la CTGirl Theory....

And, in the press images:

Kelly Wigglesworth. But, would her nightmares end if she went out second?

Food for thought!

TIME TO VOTE!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S:31 | State of the Spoiling | Episode 2 | Survivor MacGuyver"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-29-15 at 11:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-15 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

Well done FloPo!! I couldn't have said it any better myself and I totally agree with your assessments. Looks like Joe will possibly fall at the hands of Fishback later on down the road and Jeff will continue to work with Abi. I also believe that those Survivors who didn't have a confessional in the opening sequence are indeed, the losers and don't really contribute much to the storyline this season. Given that, we have Shirin - the leader of the "New School" alliance who perfectly fits in with the OFG theory this week. All of the Abi drama is purely misdirection this week. We see Shirin making threats to Woo. The old-schoolers aren't going to take well to her bullying. I think she will be making the walk of shame on Wednesday as our bootee and I think Jeff and Spencer will be voting with the old schoolers to make that happen.

Posted by kingfish on 09-29-15 at 11:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-15 AT 02:27 PM (EST)

Before anyone can chime in with observations that actually make sense, I'll offer some very fishy comments:

1. Thanks for this, FP. You rock the RTVW Survivor world. As always. I like your idea that Kelly W goes, it eliminates duplication of names 'cause it's hard to keep straight which is Kelley and which is Kelly. But, mainly because it would make my life easier, I don't think it will happen. I think it will be PeiGee - as the puzzle performer on the probable losing tribe that doesn't have an HI, she has to be a prime candidate. My second candidate is Shirin, those shots of her have to fit someone's theory. (Is there a budding Kingfish theory in the works?)

2. The tears are almost certainly Abi-Marie's. They are all capable of crying, and (per vid caps) Shirin is also shown looking depressed (IMO), and since Kelley and Pei Gee are shown doing the puzzle, they too would be depressed if their tribe loses. But honestly, Abi is the prime candidate here.

3. Joe would likely be our Survivor McGuyver. Anyone on his tribe could make that observation, it feels to me like a Ciera comment, but who knows.

4. It's would seem to be kinda soon for a budding showmance between veterans. I like your idea of a romantic personal story.

5. Comfort from an unexpected source? Keith would be the most unexpected source, followed by Abi and Kass. I don't think it's any of them though. There's "unexpected", and there's "No Way Jose".

6. "... there’s another exciting challenge that results in more tears at the thought of Tribal Council." That wording does suggest that TaKeo returns to tribal council. And, again, since Pei Gee and Kelley are shown working the IC puzzle, they could be vulnerable. Kelley has the HI, so...is Pei Gee gone?

7. Shirin does seem...well, contemplative at best, depressed at worst. Did she or someone else do or say something that caused her to feel that way?

8. On Day 5, Bayon has fishing gear? So if the challenge this week is a combined RC and IC as it was last week, the Bayon has to have won.

9. Kelly W. Has held up well for an octogenarian.

10. OFG theory. CTgirl theory. I think it's time for a guy theory. I already have the name "The KingfishGuy Theory", or "KFGuy Theory". Now all I need is a theory. So I need a little help here. OFG, CTGirl? You got any spare theories?

"I <3 the KING"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-29-15 at 12:06 PM
touche, King! *SNORT*

"Thanks a jillion"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-29-15 at 01:36 PM
and to think I actually made one for episode 2 last night and DIDN'T drop it in case something revealed itself.
Alas, we pretty much got it extricated.

Intro Recap and then ...
Post-TC @ Takeo

Next Day... (Day 4)

Abi: " You #@*& with me, you're dead."

Whatever drama transpires, let us move on to the 2nd IC/RC

JP: C'mon in...
Bayon getting it's first look at Takeo... last night Vytas was voted out.
So what do you guys think?

IC Explanation: Castaways must climb and descend a series of three A-Frame Ramps.

Then 4 castaways will drag a chest, via ropes, across three angled wood-rails.

After hauling crate, two castaways will remove the wooden puzzle pieces and solve the puzzle.

The first to finish their puzzle wins Immunity for their tribe, and this...

What's in the box, JP!?
Worth playing for?

Playing in this challenge...
Takeo: Abi, Kelley, Kelly, PG, Shirin, Spencer, Terry, Varner and Woo
Bayon: Jeremy, Kass, Keith, Monica, Stephen and Tasha
Sit-Out: Ciera

Survivors Ready? GO!

1st Hill

2nd Hill

3rd Hill

Crate Pull

Takeo Puzzle (Solvers: PeihGee and Kelley)

Bayon Puzzle (Solvers: Jeremy and Joe)

While Takeo holds a leading edge on Bayon up through the crate pull phase, the fact that the photogs went to Takeo postIC means... Bayon wins!

Back at Takeo...

Varner: All of these threats have got to go.

I don't like these people. It was a wake up call. Get off your @$$ and play this game.

@TC:

PeihGee and Abi don't like each other and the fact that PeihGee was solving the puzzle and failed will propel Abi to target her. If Abi is as firm in her target as she is capable of persistance, the pre-TC showdown should be Abi vs PeihGee.
Will everyone fall along lines? Not according to Varner.
Given that Varner is ready to take out threats, it's apparent that neither Abi nor PeihGee are considered threats. The editing pointed out that Kelley, Shirin and Spencer are the "threats" and one of them has to go.
And handily enough Future Caps also help narrow it all down to Kelley, Shirin or Spencer as our bootee.

From here I'd give all sorts of reasons to keep both Kelley and Spencer but...
Leaning instead on Flowerpower's reminder of both CTgirl and OFG theories...

it's apparent that the signs are pointing to Shirin as the Ep.2 bootee.

"RE: Thanks a jillion"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-29-15 at 03:54 PM

Tribe, you are so much better at this stuff than I am! Glad to see I am in good company! Here's a pic of Kelly Wig from the intro, also during this challenge!

Posted by tribephyl on 09-29-15 at 03:57 PM
better schmetter.
Work has me so frazzled and timeless, it's surprising it was all in emglish. *hehe*

Posted by kingfish on 09-30-15 at 10:37 AM
Dueling SOTS. Great idea.

Nice job, Tribe.

Phyll McGuyver art.

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-29-15 at 08:11 PM
Great stuff TRIBE!! So, we are all in agreement ... Shirin is our pick for the Ep. 2 Bootee!

Posted by michel2 on 09-29-15 at 04:34 PM
Great job, FloPo.

That guy Phil something or other isn't bad either but he writes so small that it's hard to read...

Shirin's boot makes sense: If Varner is about to flip on the new schoolers he'd have to go after their conductor.

Posted by CTgirl on 09-29-15 at 10:22 PM
Totally on board with you FloPo and with Tribe.

It was a nice surprise to see the SOTSs here today! Nice job both of you!!

Posted by Sheldor on 09-30-15 at 06:47 AM
WOW Amazing job on the SOTS Flowerpower and Tribephyl!
Thanks!