URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8394
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S:31|Titles, Tweets, and Teases, Ep 1"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-08-15 at 05:08 PM
TWENTY RETURNING CASTAWAYS, VOTED IN BY FANS ACROSS AMERICA, ARE DROPPED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SOUTH CHINA SEA TO BEGIN THEIR ADVENTURE, ON THE SPECIAL 90-MINUTE SEASON PREMIERE OF "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 23
For one tribe, old-school thinking battles new-school strategy when the two distinct groups try to take control of the game. Also, one contestant finds a clue to a hidden immunity idol that requires retrieving it in a way that's never been seen before...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S:31|Titles, Tweets, and Teases, Ep 1"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-09-15 at 03:50 PM
For one tribe, old-school thinking battles new-school strategy when the two distinct groups try to take control of the game.

Doesn't sound to me like old-school thinking will be up to the challenge of new-school strategy. But we'll see.

For me, it's apparent that the old-schoolers from the Takeo tribe (Varner, K Wigles, Terry, PeihGee) will battle with the new-schoolers (Shirin, Spencer, Woo, K Went).
(On Bayon, there is much less disparity between the seasons, with Kimmi, Savage and Stephen being the old-schoolers, and virtually everyone else being new-school. I don't think that's how Bayon will be split.)
On the Takeo surface, this leaves Abi and Vytas in middle-school but Varner has already spilled the beans on pre-game alliances and Vytas is 'firmly' with the old-schoolers. Vytas also speaks very highly of Terry.
So, this leaves Abi.
Numberswise it would be imperative that she sides with the old-schoolers. Forcing a tie is ... well ... not smart for the first TC.
But pre-show buzz would indicate that she ends up on the wrong side of the numbers earlier rather than later. Does she 'Dolly' herself out?
OR does Varner take control back, by switching to his younger alliance, and targetting one of Terry or Vytas?

Regardless, to me, it sounds very much like Takeo goes to TC1.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-10-15 at 03:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-15 AT 04:13 PM (EST)

HIYA Tribey! So happy to see you, you are so much better at organizing threads than I am! Hope you will be around this season...sniff, *dabo*, sniff, sniff...

*ACKKKKKK* I am having a serious brainfart! Abi-Maria cannot go, Tribe, because she is seen in a future vidcap where someone is wearing a yellow buff around their neck, standing right next to her. Inferring that Abi makes it to the first mix up. Here are some pics...

First of all here is Varner:

Then, here is Abi with I think Tasha next to her with a yellow neck buff on as well....
http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/png/f721529902a4afe3bc54f1609abdaa17fb46a50_r.png

So, I believe that Abi will make it through the first TC. But, we see that Kelly Wigglesworth must have done poorly at the tying up the sticks to reach the key to unlock the locks and get through the jail break, because we see her starting to do that, then later we see Spencer doing it. That tells me they switched out most likely because Kelly Wigglesworth choked. We know that Varner and Wigglesworth are in cahoots, but they are not in the majority of this tribe, so I think because there is NO time to discuss options, that the one that does the poorest in the challenge will get the boot....aka Kelly Wigglesworth.

Posted by tribephyl on 09-13-15 at 01:38 PM
I'm with you. I'm not thinking logically through deductive reasoning. I am solely considering the buzz on the three early boots.
They, of course, don't have to be the first three bootees but they certainly end up on the wrong side of the numbers somehow.
For sure, Takeo is heading to TC.
For sure, old-skool and new-school will battle for dominance.
For sure, Varner and Abi make it past TC 1.
High probability that an old-skool goes home first.
High possibility that Kelly's performance at IC 1, with an immediately following TC, will override any strategic thinking at TC. Pre-game alliances or not.