URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8393
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S31: Second Chances, PRESS"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-03-15 at 09:07 AM
Please place all S31 Press in this thread...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"EW.com Dalton Ross, first vote outs"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-03-15 at 09:09 AM
An interview with Dalton Ross regarding who each contestant pre-game would vote out first. Also a lot of video footage from the first episode at camps...located here

"Contestants Spill the Beans on Pre-Game Alliances"
Posted by Sheldor on 09-04-15 at 10:11 PM
‘Survivor: Second Chance’ Contestants Spill the Beans on Pre-Game Alliances (Video)
TV | By Mikey Glazer on August 25, 2015 @ 7:00 am

http://www.thewrap.com/survivor-second-chance-contestants-spill-the-beans-on-pre-game-alliances-video/

YouTube URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pddDGIVQK7s

"Gordon Holmes: Align/Malign"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-17-15 at 07:03 PM
Giving voices to our pre-season cast, Gordon asks them to align with 8 of their fellow castaways.
Below, I've taken the liberty of listing the aligns, and whether or not their alignee also aligned back.
Most are linked to their article, outside of those not printed yet.

Abi
Align: Jeremy, Kelly, Savage, Shirin, Tasha, Varner, Vytas, Woo

Ciera
Align: Currently Unavailable

Jeremy
Align: Abi, Joe, Kass, Kelly, Savage, Spencer, Terry, Woo

Joe
Align: Abi, Ciera, Jeremy, Keith, Savage, Terry, Vytas, Woo

Kass
Align: Abi, Keith, Kimmi, Savage, Shirin, Stephen, Terry, Varner

Keith

Kelley
Align: Ciera, Keith, Monica, Shirin, Spencer, Stephen, Tasha, Terry

Kelly

Kimmi
Align: Abi, Joe, Kelly, Monica, Terry, Savage, Varner, Vytas

Monica
Align: Keith, Kelley, Kimmi, PeihGee, Shirin, Stephen, Varner, Vytas

PeihGee
Align: Abi, Keith, Kelly, Monica, Spencer, Stephen, Terry, Woo

Savage
Align: Abi, Jeremy, Joe, Keith, Kelley, Kelly, Shirin, Woo

Shirin

Spencer
Align: Ciera, Kelley, PeihGee, Savage, Shirin, Stephen, Tasha, Varner

Stephen

Tasha

Terry

Varner
Align: Abi, Ciera, Joe, Kelley, Kelly, Shirin, Terry, Vytas

Vytas

Woo
Align: Ciera, Kass, Kelley, Kelly, Savage, Stephen, Terry, Vytas

~~~~~

Even JP takes a stab at 'em.
Probst
Align: Ciera, Jeremy, Joe, Kelly, Savage, Spencer, Tasha, Varner

Oh and...
Gross Food is Back

"RE: Gordon Holmes: Align/Malign"
Posted by Outsider32 on 09-17-15 at 11:20 PM
This could be very revealing. Spencer better hope he finds an idol or he survives to the swap. Varner could have the numbers.

"Episode 1 Press and Post-Boot Interviews"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 09-24-15 at 08:46 PM
Some really interesting stuff... both Dalton Ross and Josh Wigler were there during the filming of Episode 1 and both had some pretty interesting stuff to write about where there were plenty of stuff that happened at Tribal Council (or elsewhere) that were never aired on TV, including a "Varner Bomb" at Tribal.

Dalton: http://www.ew.com/recap/survivor-season-31-premiere
Josh: http://parade.com/425284/joshwigler/survivor-premiere-heres-what-you-didnt-see-at-the-first-tribal-council/

The money stuff from Dalton:

But the biggest thing that you didn’t see went down after a tape change. Usually twice or so during Tribal Council, everything will come to a stop while the cameramen change their tapes. The last tape change occurred right before voting. Probst told the contestants during the change that it was time for the voting but that if anyone had anything to say beforehand they would have an opportunity to do so. Pretty standard procedure.

Well, when they came back, Jeff Varner had something to say. But it wasn’t to Probst. Instead he turned to Kelley Wentworth and Peih-Gee and asked them right in front of everybody if they were still leaning with what they told him earlier in the day.

Wentworth’s reply: “Yes.”

This immediately sent Terry into panic mode. “Jeff, what does that mean?” he asked Varner, realizing his partner may have just flipped. Varner stayed silent. Terry was visibly shaken. Shirin was equally surprised by the boldness of the move. Probst asked her about her animated facial expression, which lead to this response from Shirin: “What’s wrong with my face? Is the Botox not working?” (Nice callback to Probst’s hilarious comment from last season.) Woo’s response to all of this is the most Woo response you will ever hear in your entire life: “My confusion just went to an all-time high.” Naturally."

Other stuff:

Probst discusses the first episode:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/24/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-premiere-jeff-probst

Survivor Talk is back, with Dalton Skypeing with Vytas:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/23/survivor-talk-vytas-cambodia-second-chance

"Exit Interviews"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-29-15 at 03:49 PM
...a space within a space...

"Vytas Exit Interviews"
Posted by tribephyl on 09-29-15 at 03:53 PM
SFP Interview

xfinity Interview
Always love Mr. Holmes' Word Association questions...
Holmes: Let’s start with Spencer.
Baskauskas: He was playing hard.
Holmes: Kelley Wentworth?
Baskauskas: She’s trying to show America who she is. She didn’t do anything her first season.
Holmes: Kelly Wiglesworth?
Baskauskas: Yoga girl. Yoga partner.
Holmes: Deitz?
Baskauskas: Captain Deitz. I love Deitz.
Holmes: Varner?
Baskauskas: Wild card. I don’t think he knows his own strategy yet.
Holmes: Abi-Maria?
Baskauskas: Insane Abi.
Holmes: Woo?
Baskauskas: They didn’t show that his foot got cut, that’s why he wasn’t in the loop. He was sitting at camp the whole time. Hurt-foot Woo.
Holmes: Peih-Gee?
Baskauskas: Old-school player with a new-school alliance.
Holmes: Let’s finish with Shirin.
Baskauskas: I think she’s just jealous I wasn’t flirting with her, I don’t know. She was out to get me from the moment we hit the beach. I should have known from her season, watching what happened with the men. The men were really mean to her. I think she had a little trauma around that. She came to our beach gunning for the guys, me and Terry. I didn’t realize how much she’d effect everyone’s opinions. Good on her.

EW Interview

RHAW Interview

RTVW Interview (Part 1)

People Interview

"RE: Vytas Exit Interviews"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 09-29-15 at 04:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-15 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

I noticed that Woo had a lot of bandaids on his feet and toes...

"Shirin"
Posted by Corvis7 on 10-01-15 at 12:43 PM
Shirin made a comment that suggests Spencer may go pre-jury.

Oskooi: I got to do my life dream twice. That’s pretty exciting. And I was voted in by fans. That’s great. Being voted out second, at least I got to play the game with people who appreciated me and didn’t vilify me for things like love of the game. I made some incredible friendships. A very close friend in Spencer. It was healing to put season 30 behind me and move on to something positive.

They were together for 6 days in the game. I realize he cried when he had to vote her out, but still, to me that suggests they got closer at Loser Lodge.

"RE: Shirin"
Posted by Outsider32 on 10-01-15 at 09:29 PM
They were close before she was voted out. Spencer was crying about having to vote against her. I don't think that means he's pre-merge and with his edit, I don't even see that. They were both on the block before TC so had time to grow closer.

"RE: Shirin"
Posted by Corvis7 on 10-02-15 at 09:31 AM
His edit reminds me of the player who does a lot pre-merge and then gets knocked out right before jury starts.

"Some more Shirin interviews"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-03-15 at 01:47 PM
Shirin via SFP

Shirin via Parade

Shirin via RHAW

Shirin via Examiner

Shirin via RTVW (Part 1)

"RE: Some more Shirin interviews"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-03-15 at 06:29 PM
Shirin has been very disappointing to me. She tweeted out some crap about Terry, and now this, I think she's just sour grapes regarding Terry bonding with Abi. I have heard a few rumors around that she's talking a lot about the show. Someone posted in Sucks that she's been the source for Redmond. At least that's the spec.

"Xfinity TV Blog Interview with Shirin "
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-01-15 at 04:15 PM
Interesting stuff here. Shirin says she "got caught red-handed" gunning for Varner.

http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2015/10/01/survivor-castaway-shirin-i-got-caught-red-handed-coming-for-varner/

"Entertainment Weekly Interview with Shirin"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-01-15 at 04:24 PM
From Dalton Ross at Entertainment Weekly, a post-game interview with Shirin:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/01/survivor-talk-shirin-cambodia-second-chance

"HNGN Article praising Jeff Varner"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 10-01-15 at 09:55 PM

Here is another article from HNGN. It's good!

http://www.hngn.com/articles/135615/20151001/survivor-second-chance-news-jeff-varners-comeback-the-switch-to-three-tribes-and-why-the-show-still-dominates-ratings.htmexe=reporter

"RE: HNGN Article praising Jeff Varner"
Posted by suzzee on 10-02-15 at 12:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-15 AT 12:32 PM (EST)

So if I'm understanding the hiding of the challenge idol since Bayon didn't find it (the clue) they removed it (the idol) from the hiding spot on the Bayon side of the challenge or did they also remove the clue altogether from the Bayon camp? I wonder if that was a one time thing to hide the idol within the challenge or is that going to continue throughout tribe challenges also.

If I were Kelley I'd be watching the other tribes to see if someone was groping the equipment. What an ace in the hole she'd have if she saw someone else snag a challenge idol.

Shirin going after Varner, age and treachery overcomes youth and skill once again.

Posted by AyaK on 10-03-15 at 01:15 AM
My understanding is that there won't be any hidden immunity idols at the camps, just hidden clues, and the idols will all be hidden to be retrieved at the challenges.

There is still a clue hidden at the Bayon camp, and I believe there also will be a clue hidden at the Angkor camp. If the clue(s) is found, the idol(s) will be available at the challenge for the appropriate team(s). Jeff made a point of telling us that the hidden idols are unique, which would enable the producers to replace any idol that it used at the correct camp.

That also implies that this may not be the only tribe swap before the merge, which would give people a chance to get hidden idols from more than one camp.

Posted by Sheldor on 10-03-15 at 04:02 PM
From Josh Wigler's pre-season interview with Jeff Probst:
http://parade.com/415787/joshwigler/jeff-probst-tells-you-everything-you-need-to-know-about-survivor-second-chance/5/

When I ask Probst if this is how the idols will be hidden all season long, he says it’ll hold “at least for the first round of idols.” Beyond that? “Every idol will have to be found a different way,” he teases. “There will be a twist to finding the idols.”

Unclear how long the "first round of idols" is.
Before the first swap?
Before the merge?

I assume since Kelley stayed at the Ta Keo camp that there will not be a clue for Nu Ta Keo?

I would think there would definitely be a clue for both Nu Bayon and Angkor tribes (or course the Bayon clue has to be replaced with a new clue for the second time!)

"PeihGee"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-09-15 at 00:21 AM
PeihGee, as she see's things Abi.

Abi is a pocket vote
Abi is a rabid Chihuahua
Abi is a goat
Abi is a rabid dog

"RE: PeihGee"
Posted by suzzee on 10-09-15 at 01:59 PM
Poor PeihGee, went on Second Chances and all she got was a POS bracelet.

She identifies with Old School more than new school tactics yet didn't seem to care much for Varner, Savage or Deitz.

Holmes: Alright, word association time. Let’s start with Terry.
Law: I have a couple of things prepared.
Holmes: That’s not how this works.
Law: (Laughs) Terry was America’s dad. Dad jokes, dad stories, dad bod.
Holmes: Wiglesworth?
Law: Earth mama. I loved her. One of my best friends out there.
Holmes: Wentworth?
Law: She’s a cat. She’s long and sleek and she keeps landing on her feet.
Law: A ninja spy. He reported everything to me and was one of my best friends.
Law: He’s that friend with the awesome new car who takes you out for a ride and you’re like, “Yeah, I wanna go for a ride in your car!” But once you’re out there he starts going really fast and crazy and you get really scared.
Holmes: Shirin?
Law: Shirin is the shiny new car that Varner is driving that crashed.
Holmes: Spencer?
Law: He’s an earnest, smart, intelligent kid. I love him.
Holmes: Vytas?
Law: I wish I’d kept Vytas around.
Holmes: Savage?
Law: In the words of Shii-Ann (Huang), Savage is Captain America with his perfect teeth and his perfect life…as he’ll be quick to tell you.
Holmes: Tasha?
Law: Tasha…dressed like a leprechaun.
Holmes: Let’s finish with your buddy Abi.
Law: (Laughs) I thought very long and hard about this. Abi is like a rabid Chihuahua. She yapped too much, was irritating and mad all the time.

"Varner"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-25-15 at 02:00 AM
Jeff with Joann & Stacy

Jeff with Josh

Jeff with Tom

Jeff with Dalton

Jeff with Elizabeth

Jeff with Gordon

"Monica"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-25-15 at 02:04 AM
Monica with Joann & Stacy

Monica with Josh

Monica with Tom

Monica with Dalton

Monica with Elizabeth

Monica with Gordon

"Terry and Woo"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-01-15 at 02:49 AM
Terry with Tom
Terry with Gordon
Terry with Dalton
Terry with Elizabeth
Terry with Josh

Woo with Tom
Woo with Gordon
Woo with Dalton
Woo with Elizabeth
Woo with Joann & Stacy

"Kass"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-09-15 at 02:28 AM
Kass with Joann and Stacy
Kass with Gordon
Kass with Elizabeth
Kass with Dalton
Kass with Tom
Kass with Rob

Always like to end these jurist exits (Wait...is Kass a Juror?) with their impressions of those still in the game (according to their answers to Gordon's Word Association.)

Holmes: Alright word association time. Let’s start with Terry.
McQuillen: A great father. A good man. A gentleman. Love the guy. Solid.
Holmes: Ciera?
McQuillen: The daughter I never had when I was nineteen-years-old. Love her to death. I could be her mom but we’re more like sisters.
Holmes: Stephen?
McQuillen: Cerebral and poetic and a bad chopper.
Holmes: Joe?
McQuillen: He’s a gentleman, but he’s wishy-washy. He’s great at surviving.
Holmes: Keith?
McQuillen: (Spits)
Holmes: Jeremy?
McQuillen: Jeremy is tough. And he’s focused and he’s nice.

McQuillen: Oh…I don’t know. I didn’t come up with these predetermined Harry Potter references.
Holmes: You’re not supposed to.
McQuillen: Scrappy.
McQuillen: Invisible.
Holmes: Kimmi?
McQuillen: Passionate.

Holmes: Monica?
McQuillen: Drunken Periscoper. Bitter.
McQuillen: He’s like a toddler and a curmudgeon all in one.

McQuillen: He’s a sweetheart, not suited for the game.
Holmes: Abi?
McQuillen: A firecracker. Love that girl.
McQuillen: Wow…she’s vindictive.
McQuillen: Spencer is probably too cerebral for his own good.

"RE: Kass"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-10-15 at 09:37 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-15 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

Kass confirms that they wanted to go for Savage, but Abi did NOT. She wanted to take out Woo, who had voted for her twice. Savage was a big baby after the TC, and was saved by the merge. Then she says this about Jeremy:

McQuillen: I think it’s a unique season in that we have so many challenge threats left. Part of that is having thirteen people at the merge. I think it’s great strategy for the alphas to stick together. I don’t think we’ve seen it happen before. I love Jeremy’s tact of staying in that group, but trying to look small to them. To defer to them in some ways, but really be in silent control. So, when I saw his pre-game and saw his strategy, I was like, “Wow.” I respect people who are trying to change and correct things they did wrong their first time.
Holmes: Without getting into spoiler territory, is improvement over a previous season something you’re going to be looking for when you vote?
McQuillen: Definitely. I was taking my second chance very seriously. I improved on a huge deficiency in my game. So, I’m looking for someone who showed up, not to exact revenge, but to make the correction needed to win the game. And I think there are a few people who are doing that. A lot of people are slipping into their old ways.

Let's face it, Jeremy is sitting pretty at this point. I am really impressed with his game.

Insight into their allegiances:

Kass said that during her boot episode, that she should have worked on Joe more because he was the pivotal person. She said that Keith and Spencer were with Joe, and which ever way he went. And, Wentworth was going to go with Spencer and Joe.

So, we can ASSume that if it comes down to Joe vs. Stephen, that Spencer, Keith, and Kelley will be with Joe to take out Stephen? Wentworth is kind of playing a Sandra Diaz-Twine game. She will vote with the numbers, as long as it's not her.

"Kelly"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-20-15 at 08:03 AM
Kelly's RTVW interview

Kelly Wiglesworth: A little bit of both. I definitely saw people putting a target on his back, but you could also see people trying to get closer to him. With Wentworth playing her idol, it definitely -- I mean, I never saw her and Jeremy speak to each other when we merged until after she played her idol.

And then it was like, all of a sudden, they started having meetings in the hammock and whatnot. So, yeah, you definitely kind of see a little bit more of that when you're like, "Hmm, someone's got an advantage. Let's see how that can become my advantage."

This could be spoilerish - the edit tells me that both Jeremy and Kelley are end-game players and this is likely how they got together for good, and we should keep an eye on new alliances and/or new voting targets.

"more from Kelly"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-24-15 at 09:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-24-15 AT 09:25 PM (EST)

Kelly with Josh
Kelly with Joann-n-Stacy
Kelly with Gordon
Kelly with Dalton
Kelly with Tom

Holmes: Alright, word association time. Let’s start with Monica.
Wiglesworth: Fruit.
Wiglesworth: (Laughs) I don’t know if I can say it.
Holmes: Sure you can.
Wiglesworth: (Laughs) Tension.
Holmes: Chicken. Savage?
Wiglesworth: Mellow.
Wiglesworth: Feisty.
Wiglesworth: Confusing.
Wiglesworth: Quiet.
Wiglesworth: Funny.
Wiglesworth: Games.
Wiglesworth: Little brother.
Wiglesworth: Mama.
Wiglesworth: Crazy.
Holmes: Vytas?
Wiglesworth: Talkative.
Wiglesworth: Awesome.
Wiglesworth: Good guy.
Holmes: Shirin?
Wiglesworth: Busy.
Wiglesworth: Spinning around in circles.
Wiglesworth: Smart.
Holmes: Kass?
Wiglesworth: I…I can’t think of anything for Kass.
Holmes: Terry?
Wiglesworth: Strong.

"Savage"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-24-15 at 09:13 PM
Savage with Josh
Savage with Joann-n-Stacy
Savage with Elizabeth
Savage with Gordon
Savage with Dalton
Savage with Tom

Holmes: Alright, word association time. Let’s start with Tasha.
Savage: My little sister. Love her to death. Courageous. A wonderful lady.
Savage: A close brother of mine. He’s strong and trustworthy.
Savage: Like my little brother. I love Joe. He’s a competitor. He’s honest.
Savage: A close ally. There were things he did with food that made it difficult to trust him.
Holmes: What was he doing with food?
Savage: We won that hero challenge and he ended up sneaking away and taking all the sugar, all the cinnamon sticks, and hoarding everything. It just wasn’t right. On “Survivor” that’s like stealing money from somebody. That rubbed me the wrong way.
Savage: Loyal, complicated, trustworthy in some situations, and dangerous.
Savage: Good competitor, I just never trusted her.
Savage: Honest, great competitor, good friend of mine.
Savage: Wow…I think of Chaos Kass. That’s a big part of who she is. She denies it this season, but the element of Chaos Kass was always lingering at the surface…ready to pounce. And it pounced a lot more than you saw.
Savage: Dangerous. Not to be trusted.
Holmes: Monica?
Savage: Blank. (Laughs) I never really spoke to her.
Savage: Decent guy. Great strategist. Not to be trusted.
Savage: Wonderful woman. Big heart.
Savage: The Jeff Varner you saw the first two episodes? I never met the guy. The Jeff Varner who showed up on the Angkor tribe slept all day. He only left the shelter to go to the bathroom. He had no strategy. He had no nothing. So, I don’t know the Jeff Varner from the first two episodes. So, my gut reaction is that he was a non-entity.
Holmes: Well, at least he left the shelter to go to the bathroom.
Savage: (Laughs) That would’ve been trouble if he hadn’t.
Savage: Probably a nice person, but she was mean to me and Tash at Angkor. She treated us like the position we were in, which was the bottom of the list.
Savage: A very likable, honest fireman. A good friend of mine.
Holmes: Let’s finish with Spencer.
Savage: A brilliant young kid. I’ve got a lot of respect for him.

"RE: Savage"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-24-15 at 09:27 PM
Never even spoke to Monica....nice social game, Savage.

Varner, a non-entity. Ugh.

Woo?

What the heck?

"RE: Savage"
Posted by michel2 on 11-24-15 at 10:31 PM

Stealing food is how he got the nickname weasel in Cagayan so I'm not surprised.

"Ciera and Fishbach...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-03-15 at 11:35 AM
Dalton Ross at EW.com is here.

Gordon Holmes for Xfinity.com is here.

And, our own Webby, located with his interview here and here.

Stephen Fishbach interviews:

Both Ciera and Stephen from EW.com, Dalton Ross located here.

RealityTVWorld: located here and here.

"Joe Anglim...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-03-15 at 11:45 AM
Post Episode 12 recap by EW.com, here. Includes Medical Emergency recap, here.

Jiffy's tease for next week:

Just two episodes left! Tease us up for the big penultimate episode.
It makes me sad that this season is winding down because as all Survivor fans know, each season is a new adventure and I really hate to let this one go. Next week is a pivotal episode. Seven players left. It’s do or die. The vote here is critical. You are deciding whom you will go toe to toe with in that final week. Nobody is certain of the right move. Plus, another scary situation and another Survivor in trouble.

"RE: Joe Anglim...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-03-15 at 04:11 PM
People.com (Stephen Fishbach) interview with Joe, located here

"more Jope Anglim...."
Posted by tribephyl on 12-04-15 at 02:29 AM
Jope's Ponderosa arrival

Jope and Tom

Jope and Josh

Jope and Gordon
Holmes: Alright, word association time. Let’s start with Monica.
Anglim: Damn, girl.
Anglim: Motherly love.
Anglim: Ohhh….Steeephen! Put it like that, “Ohhh…Steeephen.”
Anglim: Inspiring.
Holmes: Terry?
Anglim: Compassion.
Anglim: Witty.
Anglim: Crazy.
Anglim: Ridiculous.
Anglim: Entertaining.
Anglim: Snarky.
Anglim: Good humor.
Anglim: Priceless.
Anglim: Proud.
Holmes: Let’s finish with Abi-Maria.
Anglim: My favorite…uh…how about…dramatic.