URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8388
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S31 Second Chances"

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-20-15 at 11:09 PM
Please use this thread to post news on the next season, Survivor: Second Chances

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Cast"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-20-15 at 11:10 PM
Kelly wigglesworth
Kimmie Kappenburg
Jeff Varner
Keith Nale
Peih Gee
Cierra
Vytas
Terry Dietz
Andrew Savage
Abbi Marie
Kass
Kelly Wentworth
Monica Padilla
Shirin
Stephen Fishbach
Woo
Tasha
Jeremy
Joe
Spencer

"RE: Cast"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-20-15 at 11:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-15 AT 11:30 PM (EST)

Abi-Maria and Kass were sitting next to each other and both really seemed to relish the idea of being villains while embracing each other vigorously after hearing they made it, so I can easily see them working together to turn the camp upside down.

Kimmi and Varner are definitely going to work together again, no matter how the tribes are split up at the beginning.

Any predictions on how the tribes will be split up? There's no balance in terms of seasons - 8 from the first 24 seasons, 12 from the past 6 seasons.

From the first 24 seasons: Kelly W, Kimmi, Varner, Terry, Savage, Peih Gee, Monica, Stephen.
From the last 6 seasons: Keith, Ciera, Vytas, Abi-Maria, Kass, Kelley, Shirin, Woo, Tasha, Jeremy, Joe, Spencer.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-20-15 at 11:29 PM
Jims03 had an interesting outlook that I thought deserved a second look in this thread:

Interesting list. A lot of little groups that'll be interesting to see how they play out.

Kimmi/Varner (old feud?)
Ciera/Vytas (buddies from their old season?)
Kelley/Jeremy (allies from their season) with Keith (wildcard)
Tasha/Spencer (allies) with Kass (resentment there?) with Woo (wildcard)
Joe/Shirin (got closer post-game?)

Then we've got the really active RHAP crew from recently:
Stephen/Spencer/Tasha/Jeremy/Kelley/Vytas/Shirin (and Kass is a regular too)

And there are the weird Blood vs. Water connections:
Monica/Ciera (through Laura M.)
Terry/Vytas (through Aras)

Basically, the potential relationships are kind of a mess. It'll be interesting to see how the free agents like Kelly W. or Peih Gee will be able to navigate.

Posted by Jims03 on 05-20-15 at 11:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-15 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

Haha, thanks Pepe, thought I maybe should've posted it here instead.

It looks like 2 tribes of 10 probably, so they're probably going to do the All-Stars thing and split up any pre-existing alliances.

So...

-Tasha on one tribe, Spencer on the other.
Where is Woo and Kass going to go? I bet they'd be more inclined to put Spencer/Kass together, rather than Tasha/Kass. Spencer and Woo hung out a lot, so you'd probably see Spencer/Kass and Tasha/Woo.

-Kelley on one tribe, Jeremy on the other.
Where does Keith go? Putting him with Jeremy would be more interesting, since they had that blow-up over Keith's lie. I'd guess they would do Jeremy/Keith.

-Kimmi and Varner?
This could go either way? I'm guessing they would put them together again, since there could be animosity still.

-Ciera and Vytas?
I'm guessing they probably have to split them up.

-Joe and Shirin?
-Could go either way, this pairing doesn't seem like it would matter as much as the others.

I could see some kind of tribe looking like:
Tasha/Woo/Vytas/Joe/Kelley vs Spencer/Kass/Ciera/Shirin/Jeremy/Keith
(let's keep Woo and Keith on separate tribes)

Some kind of combination like that. How they assemble the tribes is going to be really interesting.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-21-15 at 00:10 AM
I just saw that Kelly Wiglesworth and Jeff Varner both live in the same city -- Greensboro, NC. Might there be an alliance pairing there?

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-22-15 at 02:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-22-15 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

I think it goes like this.

First of all to split the players from seasons with multi-entries.

There is one season(Cagayan) with four players. They will be split up and put on two different tribes.

There is three seasons with two players. I think two of these seasons they will be split up. The third both players will go to one tribe.

Which means, the season with 3 players(SJDS) two of them will go to the other tribe.

Tribe A has 7 players at this point
Tribe B has 6 players at this point

I think it will be Outback that has both players on the same tribe. Tribe A gets them, and this might be to have the first two season's reps be on different tribes which will put Kelly on tribe B to even things up.

Age grouping
There are four men 49 and over. They will be split in two apiece.
The two women over 40 will be separated.

If possible the 20 somethings will be split in two

Race
Woo and Pei-Gee will be separated
Tasha and Jeremy will be separated

Allies from past seasons will be split up(in All stars this is why Jerri instead of Alicia had to be on Saboga because of Jerri and Amber's alliance).

Lets start with Tribe B(5 women, 5 men)
Season 1-Kelly(runner-up)
Season 4-Savage(10th)
Season 15-Pei-Gee(5th)
Season 19-Monica(7th)
Season 27-Vytas(9th)
Season 28-Kass(3rd)(Woo skipped over because of Pei-Gee)
Season 29-Keith(4th)(he will be joined by Jeremy)
Season 30-Shirin(8th)
(two men left)
Season 28-Spencer(4th)
Season 29-Jeremy(10th)

Notice with what I had to work with I did all of the pre-s27 arranging by doing every other season's available players. Also, starting at 27 I went in finishing order on downward by using the next best available from said season(this was how All-Stars did things)

Now Tribe A
Season 2-Jeff(10th)
Season 12-Terry(3rd)
Season 18-Stephen(2nd)
Season 25-Abi-Maria(5th)
Season 27-Ciera(5th)
Season 28-Tasha(6th)
Season 29-Kelley(14th)
Season 30-Joe(10th)
Season 2-Kimmi(12th)
Season 28-Woo(2nd)

Tribe A
The older men-Jeff and Terry
The older woman-Kimmi
The african american and part of the Spencer/Tasha-Tasha
The asian and other Cagayan rep-Woo
The part of the Jeremy/Kelley and SJDS's rep-Kelley
Season 2's two instead of season 1's one and season 4's one
BvW's rep-Ciera
WA's rep-Joe
Stephen
Abi-Maria(it was unintentional splitting the villains up)

Tribe B
The older men-Savage and Keith
The older woman and other Cagayan-Kass
The african american and part of Jeremy/Kelley-Jeremy
The asian-Pei-gee
The part of Spencer/Tasha-Spencer
Season 1's one(Kelly) and season 4's one instead of season 2's two
BvW's rep-Vytas
WA's rep-Shirin
Monica

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-21-15 at 07:53 AM
Great discussion in here! I agree they are going to split all the associations up as much as they can, I would think. Also, I am sure there was a lot of pre-game associations going in, after the perspective cast was announced.

Here's another division:

Challenge beasts:

Physically: Joe, Terry, Andrew Savage, Vytas, Woo, Jeremy, and more?
Good at puzzles: Joe, Kass, Spencer, Shirin, Stephen, Pei Gee, MORE...will have to go and research
People who previously played very STRONG games ~ these people will be targets early on due to their previous game play: Joe, Stephen, Spencer, Terry, Kass, Abbi-Maria, Jeremy

There could be older players vs younger players as well, divided by age?

I will be very excited to see if any of them really change up their games! I would suspect that Kass and Abbie-Maria could be in real trouble early.

Posted by michel2 on 05-21-15 at 05:26 PM
I'd be really surprised if Kass isn't the first one voted out. Of course, she may have made some alliances before the selection so that could affect things but who would trust her? Abi-Maria, at least, was loyal to her true alliance.

What I'd like to see is for one of the big fans of the later seasons, say Shirin, Stephen or Joe make an alliance with the players from the golden years: Kelly, Kimmie, Jeff, Terry and Andrew.

Considering what they went through, Joe may want to surround himself with other challenge beasts like Terry and Andrew or maybe Jeremy and Spencer while Stephen may prefer to align with people he could beat in challenges! It could be interesting.

Posted by SuperGr0ver on 05-21-15 at 01:12 PM
I am excited to see how much spoiling can be done with a cast that is 100% revealed BEFORE the filming starts. I get the contestants are sworn to secrecy or they have huge fines to pay, but what about everyone else armed with phones with cameras that can see them on the street or somewhere in a few weeks. It's not like they can keep ALL the contestants under house arrest until it airs in the fall. I am really interested to see what social media leaks and spoilers can be uncovered this season.

Seems like the only way to really thwart it would be to have a group actively posting false or doctored pictures to mislead us. Like "leak" pics of a contestant who looked like they lost a lot of weight (so supposedly had lasted a while) but the pic was photoshopped and they were an early boot with little weight loss.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-21-15 at 02:52 PM
That might be why they're filming in Cambodia this season instead of the usual suspects - easier to get away from it all and have more control over the filming areas.

I'm stoked that Survivor is going to a new location more than anything else, really.

Posted by michel2 on 05-21-15 at 05:30 PM
I'm with you Pepe. Cambodia has a long history and a rich culture so it could be very interesting. Although they completely missed with the Philippines, practically limiting us to the tribes' beaches every time they filmed there.

"aka"
Posted by dabo on 05-20-15 at 11:56 PM
Survivor: Cambodia

Khmer Survivor?

The Khmer Rouge regime was so homicidal that it seemed at times intent on committing self-genocide. Anyone under their control with any sort of education was suspect, and most of those were disappeared forever. After all these years Cambodia is a very wounded country struggling back from its dark past.

"RE: aka"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-21-15 at 00:16 AM
It's currently showing as "Survivor: Cambodia - Second Chances" on Survivor Wiki.

And it's being filmed in Koh Rong ... which, appropriately enough, sounds like "so wrong"!

Another observation: this is an *old* cast. Only four under the age of 30 -- Kelley (29), Spencer (22), Joe (25) and Ciera (26).

Posted by SuperGr0ver on 05-21-15 at 01:35 PM
"this is an *old* cast. Only four under the age of 30
-- Kelley (29), Spencer (22), Joe (25) and Ciera (26)."

I noticed that too. I didn't realize that Tasha was so old (38). She seemed young to me and Kass seemed "older" but they are only 4 years apart.

Not sure where you got your ages. The CBS website "Introducing the Castaways of Survivor: Second Chance!" has Kelley (28), and Joe (26)

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-21-15 at 02:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-21-15 AT 02:59 PM (EST)

Got it from Survivor Wiki. I'm sure it's just based on last season's age as filming took place when he was still 25 and I see now that he's been 26 since last fall (September 30, 1988).

Kelley will be turning 30 in 2.5 weeks while still on location in Cambodia (June 7, 1985).

"Times goes by"
Posted by michel2 on 05-21-15 at 05:33 PM
It's strange to consider that Kelly Wiglesworth will be just about the same age that Sue was when she played in Borneo...

"RE: S31 Second Chances"
Posted by Georganna on 05-22-15 at 04:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-15 AT 12:28 PM (EST)

Wondering if the show's producers might consider initially configuring the Second Chances' Tribes as they did Exile Islands', I put this together in the Signs ... Thread and am posting it here too on the off-chance that some of our members may be forced to miss their daily star trek ...

KOH TUICH

Tasha |Capricorn|Superior
Monica | Cancer|Superior
Kimmi |Scorpio|Superior
Ciera |Pisces|Subordinate
Abi-Maria |Libra|Soloist

DOEUM D'KEUW

Kelly |Cancer|Superior
Kass |Scorpio|Superior
Shirin |Pisces|Subordinate
Kelley |Gemini|Subordinate
Peih-Gee |Aries|Soloist

PREK SVEY

Andrew |Leo|Superior
Spencer |Gemini|Subordinate
Jeremy |Aries|Soloist
Jeff |Aries|Soloist
Joe |Libra|Soloist

SOK SAN

Keith |Leo|Superior
Woo |Pisces|Subordinate
Vytas |Sagittarius|Soloist
Terry |Libra|Soloist
Stephen |Aquarius|Soloist

G

About This Tribal Scheme

A. No two Survivors have previously played the Game together.
B. Affords a bit more protection for the more vulnerable players
in the beginning stages of the Game than does a Two-Tribe scheme.
C. Each Tribe includes one or two younger players.
D. Incorporates the names of the four villages of Koh Rong Island ...

"RE: S31 Second Chances"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-22-15 at 07:35 AM
Hi Georgianna: I listened to RHAP yesterday as he was interviewing Spencer and Rob thought his birthday was June 11, but Spencer corrected him and told us that his birthdate is June 12. So, it's definitive for that date. He said it would be day 15 of the season as well.

Spencer: June 12

"Fixed!"
Posted by Georganna on 05-22-15 at 10:18 AM
Thank you, FP.

I'm going to go ahead and change everything that I can, as I have above, and hope that Spencer is not fibbing about his birthday (he reportedly has a history of doing that) ... again.

And it will make SGO a happy lady ...

G