URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8370
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S30 | Ep 11 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 04:49 PM
Setting this up now for later.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S30 | Ep 11 | East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 07:50 PM
please note every mean thing that gets said or done tonight
it has become the mean season

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-29-15 at 07:52 PM
It would take a lot less time to type out the nice things said.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-29-15 at 08:05 PM
Dan's doing another one of his famed 'apologies' where he says sorry but digs himself deeper.

"Post. TC"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 08:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

Shirin and Mike on the beach. Dan and Sierra discuss Mike's flip-out. Dan has schemes a-brewin'. He talks to Shirin. She complains about Will, says he is stupid. -- but (confessional) that makes him an excellent goat for the end. Dan acts sympathetic. But he isn't at all, actually, in confessional. He hates her, thinks she's a drama queen.

"Previously on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 08:06 PM
Mike knew he was in trouble, and tried to buy an advantage in the game, but Dan was the lucky one...back at camp the argument, Mike had no intention in going down without a fight, with the HII already in his pocket, Mike won ic, those 4 they don't have your back dan, tried to warn Dan and Sierra and wants them to go to F3, facing TC, those 4, mike tried to warn about being on the bottom while Will made things personal with Shirin...at TC, Shirin opened up about her past, verbally assaulted, but Jen was voted out. 8 left, who's next

at sunrise....see crabs, day 28, Mike is on the logs, shorn and Mike are on the beach, Sierra tells Dan that they are going to try hard to turn us.....Dan: he can say that Sierra and I are at the bottom of the barrel, does that make it true, NO, I know it looks like I am playing a passive game but it doesn't mean that I don't have schemes brewing.

Dan and Shirin at camp, to Shirin: you seem melancholy, are you okay? What Will did to me, that was assault, he used my personal history against me....Shirin in conf: has pavlov's dog reaction to men yelling at me.....is he that dumb or that cruel

Most horrifying part for me, makes Will the best to take to the end with me.....Dan apologizes to Shirin, sorry about what happened, she said what part, he said about the part that brought tears to her eyes

Dan in conf:
Shirin is a drama queen 2 faced liar, loves to play the victim, for shirin to say that Will is worse than her is hypocritical....it's karma....cut to intro

"RE: Previously on Survivor...."
Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 08:07 PM
Just when it seemed like Dan may have turned into a human being, BAM! .. he goes evil mean.

"RC"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 08:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Barrels and planks challenge. Reward: Sail the coast in a catamaran with burgers, cheese, bacon, pie. Schoolyard pick for teams.

Blue had a bit more momentum,but red is slow and steady.

Red's strategy is working better. They are in the lead. Now blue has inadvertently let planks touch ground. They have to go back to last section. They try to do barrel rolls. But to no avail. Red wins reward: Dan,Tyler, Carolyn, Will. No reward given up for someone else. Carolyn says this is a perfect opportunity for them to woo Dan.

"RE: RC"
Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 08:16 PM
Too bad Sierra couldn't teach her team how it's done.

"RE: RC"
Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:11 PM
It would have been pretty funny if all four had rolled from start to finish.

"Post intro...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 08:15 PM
Come on in to the RC:

Barrels: See Tyler in last....divided in to two teams of 4, 4 barrels two planks and a piece of rope, transfer everyone to the other side, if anyone falls off start over

Reward: Catamaran, sailing, burgers, with cheese and bacon, and for dessert, pie.

School yard pick: Mike shirin sierra Rodney vs. Red, Carolyn Dan,Will and Tyler

they are off...simple, how to most effectively use these items to transfer 4 people to the other side, no on touching the ground, planks can't touch either...Mike flat out risking falling off to set up these barrels, plank falls but doesn't touch. Tyler and carolyn more conservative approach....still in it , it will comedown to hwho has the best system, red team is not panicking, dead even right now....Mike almost did the splits, "I do cross fit Jeff....Blue extending their lead but only by a barrel.....Longer this goes the harder it gets....Dan says, I love cheeseburgers. Red team now in the lead....something is going to have to change.....Mike had the planks touch the ground, looks like red will win, Sierra is barrel rolling now.....and they are all going, shirin falls and Mike falls, red is winning!

shocked that the big boys won that won....see shirin....tyler, I cannot believe we won that! Nice job big reward....very subdued....exhaustion...dAn says I feel bad, Rodney has not been on any rewards yet, I feel bad. Jiffy tells him that he can give his reward to Rodney, Rodney says that's okay, I will get mine, and Dan doesn't give up his reward!

Dan has options in this game we want him to feel comfortable so he doesn't go back to Mike and going on reward with him is a perfect opportunity to get that point across, says Carolyn in conf.

"RE: Post intro...."
Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:12 PM
The challenge could be symbolic of the game: Mike plays all out, Tyler and Carolyn more conservatively.

Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 08:22 PM
Rodney is going stir crazy. Sierra closes in for the psych!

Wow, Sierra has game.

"Post RC"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 08:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 08:24 PM (EST)

Back at camp: Mike says he has to do all the work while everyone watches. Rodney in confessional is pissed that he hasn't gone on a reward.

Sierra tells Rodney that Tyler is going to win the game. But Rodney wants to get Tyler out at six, and boot Shirin now. Sierra thinks they should keep Shirin over Tyler because Shirin can't win. But Rod in confessional really wants Mike and Shirin out.

At the reward: Dan says this group is his alliance now, as opposed to Mike. They eat cheeseburgers. Tyler says he wants to keep Dan focused on the flippers. He likes that Dan cannot see beyond Top Six.

"RE: Post RC"
Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 08:27 PM
Mike came up with his strategy for that challenge, whining about the others going along with it.. looks like someone is going to have to get Mike's act together for him.

"RE: Post RC"
Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:15 PM
Sierra's comment to Rodney made so much sense that she should have realized something was fishy when he turned it down.

"Post RC...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 08:30 PM
see a giant tarantula as they come back to camp....bye bye rosie they say as Mike pats Rosie the chicken...

Mike confessional: the RC started off good, we had the lead, it was me doing the work while 3 other people stood around and watched, the losing strategy, how can they be mad at me, I am public enemy number 1
Rodney in conf: I haven't left this beach once, I am pissed, no shower, nasty nails, hungry, I'm miserable...

everyone has had a break, I need to burst out and have some fun, I need some Rodney time, for my sanity I need to get outta here.

Sierra to Rodney: I don't want to scare you, Tyler, if he keeps winning immunity he will win...everyone will vote for him. Shirin will vote for any one we say
Rodney: well get him out, I have faith, Sierra; everyone says that you are not willing to, makes me think you have something with him.
Rodney: you want to get him out at 7 I will, but I was going to get him out at 6, because I don't trust Shirin....

Sierra: at this point Tyler not only can win immunities but he schemes and plans, I am well aware that Tyler is a threat, you have to strike when you get the chance. If shirin came with us, we would win because no one will vote for her, Tyler, YES< everyone will vote for him

Rodney: Tyler is a threat but I am the bigger threat, I got the numbers the relationships the personalities on my side, I am running the show, I am a little concerned with Sierra, but I have to stay calm, cool and collected and get Mike and Shirin out of here, get to 6, then Rodney works his magic.

Cut to reward, on the catamaran, nice up beat music, you know why we won that one says Dan, because there is no Mike in team....winning the RC was awesome, games on us....Tyler says we are in a good place, no mike no shirin we are good.
Dan: got to go with them, they are my alliance right now, the only reason he is here is that he has won immunities the next time he loses, see you later
eating the cheeseburgers together....giggest hamburger Carolyn has ever had.
Mike believes with all his heart that the 4 of you plotted against him to get him out at 9 and Rodney turned. Tyler says he is right about one thing, is that Mike is a threat, Absolutely says Dan.
Tyler says in conf: Mike is correct, dan doesn't get it, our group was going to target him, my goal is to keep Dan focused on the evils the others, the flippers the guys like Mike.

Tyler loves that Dan can't see beyond top 6, Dan says stay the course, then thank you very much. #danisanidiot

"RE: Post RC...."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-29-15 at 08:35 PM
The IC has just made it crystal clear that Dan is no longer with Mike and fully on Rodney's side.

"RE: Post RC...."
Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:20 PM
It also made it clear that DAN can't do the math!

"IC"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 08:35 PM
Hold on to rope handle attached to 25% of body weight. Weight will increase, until water bucket gets dumped. Double immunity, for one man and one woman.

After 15 minutes, shakiness starts. Sierra out first. Tyler next. Then Will. Dan next. Rodney v. Mike, Carolyn v. Shirin. Shirin goes out, Carolyn wins immunity. Now Rodney v. Mike. Dan encourages Rodney. Rodney lets go, Mike wins, for the second time.

Shirin gets the walkoff comment. She "has to scramble."

Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 08:36 PM
Shirin gets the walkoff.

At least none of the sexist guys won the sexist challenge.

Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:22 PM
And the two people with hidden idols won those immunities so we won't have half the players immune at TC.

"Post reward...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 08:40 PM
pre IC...

Come on in guys.....the IC:

Mike gives back the necklace, bring it back soon, you gotta earn it....alll going to hold onto rope handle attached to 25 % of your body weight, becomes unbearable, when the water falls on you you are out of the challenge, both the last man and woman win immunity, 2 safe, rest vulnerable 4 th member of the jury.

hands on the handles...roll handle back and release the weight, in position, challenge is on...holding 25 % of body weight, the weight is from day 1, not from day 29. In the past this challenge lasts about a half an hour, a long time to hold onto that bar. see them all...it's a hot day, 15 minutes is out, Sierra's bag is starting to drop, sweaty palms she says, Tyler and Dan wrenching their weight back up, Dan says not trying, succeeding, Sierra is the first one out. Carolyn and shirin in battle for the female in...Tyler is out. Will is out. Dan is going to be out, and Shirin says her fingers are numb. Carolyn is holding strong. Dan is out...down to 2 men, Rodney and Mike and Carolyn vs Shirin. Shirin is struggling Dan is encouraging Carolyn. About over for shirin, and it is out, Carolyn wins IC....now down to 2 men, Rodney vs. Mike...Dan says he may need it but you want it....Dan is saying he's moving, but he isn't....Rodney is struggling, dedication and motivation, says dan to Mike. Rodney 's is moving.....he is trying to reel it back up, sweat dripping off of them. Dan is telling him that Mike is twitching......Rodney is slipping...Dig baby you dig, says Dan toROdney....Rodney is slipping......telling him to dig, and Mike WINS! for the second time in a row....Dan says it's alright to Rodney. see Shirin. Carolyn gets her IN, safe tonight....Mike you wanted it back, you earned it, you got it....when he says somebody going home tonight, first see Shirin, then Dan, then Sierra....Shirin has confessional of doom....if we both won immunity then I wouldn't need to scramble, and we would have seen the axis of evil scramble all day, but now I need to scramble....

Boot will be one of those three I think? Shirin, Dan, or Sierra

"Post IC"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 08:44 PM
Carolyn comforts Rodney. She didn't want Shirin to win. They wanted to boot Mike, but now it will have to be Shirin, without splitting votes. Shirin talks to Dan about booting Tyler. Now she approaches Sierra, also about booting Tyler. Sierra wants two people backing her to boot Tyler.

Now Tyler is looking for Dan's bag, finds the advantage, tells Carolyn. He is worried that they can use the advantage to vote him out if Dan goes back to Mike.

Mike talks to Dan at the waterhole about booting threat Tyler. Mike says in confessional that he could give his idol to Shirin.

"TC"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 08:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 09:17 PM (EST)

Shirin talks family situation, Dan says he is adopted child. Jeff says it's not the same thing. Shirin continues to bitch about Will. She says everyone will vote for her, but they should be voting for Tyler as a threat. Mike wants the Blues to vote for Tyler. Tyler rebutts. Dan says both Mike and Shirin have to answer for the consequences. They are desperate.

Mike says he is going to play his idol on Shirin. One random person will get a vote.

Shirin votes Tyler
Tyler "hopes this works"

Mike does not play his idol, says " sorry, girl"

Tyler
Shirin
Dan
Tyler
Shirin
Dan
Shirin
Shirin is out. (Yay me! for once. -- and murphy)

"Big Congrats"
Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 08:56 PM
BR and Murphy!

"RE: Big Congrats"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-29-15 at 08:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

Surprised Mike didn't let Shirin keep the HII for the vote - they were dumb to think that none of the Rodney Six would still vote for Shirin.

And Mike was dumb to reveal the HII before the vote - he should have let everyone vote for Shirin and then reveal the HII after - that would have had a better chance at getting Tyler out.

Mike is clearly playing for himself to stay in the game for at least past next episode.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 09:09 PM
It was a bluff, Mike didn't want to unnecessarily part with an idol (who would?). He was absolutely playing for himself, as he should be.

Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:26 PM
I agree with this. Saving Shirin wouldn't have helped him in the long run. The bluff worked since two people flinched and voted for Dan, proof that he is at the bottom of the six. Mike is safe at the next TC so more fractures are bound to appear.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-29-15 at 09:35 PM
But I think they would have had a better shot at fracturing the alliance and throwing themselves as a support vote if Mike saved Shirin and Tyler got the boot instead. With Tyler gone, there would have been an increased possibility of alliances splintering and new groupings. Would Carolyn be as willing to work with three blues without Tyler there? What about Dan?

Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 10:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-15 AT 02:29 AM (EST)

I'm pretty sure they would have agreed that Mike was their first target. It would have been great for Shirin but not for Mike himself. At least now he will get to see them fracture.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 10:33 PM
But Dan, Carolyn, and Will, at least, intensely disliked Shirin. For Mike to save someone so socially undesirable in order to boot someone who was trusted (with Mike already acknowledged as a huge threat himself) would have done him no good in trying to reform alliances after the fact, imo. Shirin just wasn't worth his sticking his neck out for.

Posted by michel2 on 04-30-15 at 02:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-15 AT 02:30 AM (EST)

Not only that but there were 4 votes for Shirin, two for Tyler and two for Dan. On the revote, Dan and Tyler don't vote, Mike and Shirin vote against Tyler but Rodney's threesome vote against Dan. That would have put Sierra in a very tough position: Vote against Dan or force another tie meaning she'd have to draw rocks. Pretty sure she'd vote against Dan, not Tyler. Rodney's true F4 lives on. That would have been a complete failure for Mike.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-30-15 at 12:12 PM
Yeah, in that scenario if Sierra votes for Tyler to force a tie not only does Sierra have to draw a rock, the ONLY other players drawing a rock would have been Rodney and Will. There is no way Sierra would chose to do that with a 33% chance of going home! Sierra would have voted for Dan.

Of course there is also a slim chance that after seeing Mike save Shirin that Carolyn could have saved Tyler but she probably would have figured out Dan would get voted out and would have saved her idol.

"Congrats"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 09:12 PM
BR and Murphy! We were all so STOOOOPID. Pagonging complete. ugh. Well, at least next week it won't be Mike.

"Next time"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 08:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 09:13 PM (EST)

The six start to crumble. Tyler (who voted for Dan) and Dan have it out. ETA: And, FloPo's post reminded me, Rodney's says he's had it, wants to be next to go to the jury. (Which is strange to me, since he had wanted either Mike or Shirin out and Mike was unavailable, so he did get second-best...)

"RE: Next time"
Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:28 PM
Maybe he losses another reward. He seemed already pretty bummed after losing this one. Of course, it has to be a momentary lapse that is hyped for effect.

"RE: Next time"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 11:46 PM
I agree it will be a huge nothing. You could well be correct that it follows another RC loss.

"Yes...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-30-15 at 08:45 AM
I agree, Rodney is probably being fed lines by the others that if they win they will take him, and once again he doesn't win, and no one offers up their position so he can go. He's done with them all gloating and having fun while he makes all the sacrifices...but, it's all misdirection. I think either Tyler or Dan is next to go.

"Post IC, pre TC drama...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 08:59 PM
I have to say that I would surely love to see that jack a$$, Dan go home now. Now that would be FUNNY!

see a spider as they come back to camp...Carolyn says can you imagine if they both won, to Rodney...

I wanted the necklace more than anything but more importantly it was great that Shirin did not get that necklace.

Carolyn says its an easy vote, Shirin, no splitting vote, we would have to split with one of our own and we are not going to do that.

Shirin goes to Dan....you are incredibly stupid to vote me out, I am not going to win this game, and you know it, you need to get the threat out, Tyler. You can get out a threat now, a threat to win this game.
Shirin in conf; you are voting me out, someone you don't like, someone that cannot win, instead of a threat that you like.

See shirin talking to Sierra....I can't think of a single reason why you should vote me out, Sierra says because of my alliance.
Who do you think? If I switch, what where who? Tyler, yes, the biggest challenge threat is Tyler, If I have my way I will vote with you to the end. I am begging you. Sierra says if I had 2 people that were comfortable with it, I would vote Tyler out tonight.

Tyler now in conf: I have to find a way to get into his bag....toward tree mail....he's reading it, dan's advantage is one extra vote, a vote multiplier, he tells Carolyn. C says that is a big advantage, that is dangerous, if Dan and Sierra see how dangerous our 4 is, then they could flip and vote me out.

Mike to Dan....how are you feeling, not good says Dan, it would be easy for you two to flip out an idol and vote me and kill me.

Dan in conf: I won, I feel good but I am not guaranteed to win the next IC....what if you don't get Tyler out now, and then he wins all the IC's from here...

Mike: these was a time in this game that dan was my truest ally, but now no, he doesn't see how loyal I am, it's sad that they put your faith and trust in someone and they turn out to be not what you thought. Mike says there is some thought to using the hidden HI tonight...e.veryone is going to be voting shirin, give my hidden HI to her, and shake this game up again, who knows, maybe it will shake up the game and the chips will fall in my direction.

TC:

Jury comes in, see Jen...shirin smiles to her. Shirin, go back to last TC, you shared personal stories, explained why you have no family, trust is hard to come by in my life, mom means a lot to me, I will share this with my boyfriend. Dan says no it isn't, Dan says that I am adopted, my wife her family, my scenario is not much diff't from hers, Jiffy points out it is a lot different than her. Shirin says that he verbally assaulted me...dan is a jack a$$...no one sticks up for Shirin, Will we haven't patched this up, no apologize, if I apologize i want it to be sincere, it's a game. and Shirin says it's not a game, now she says that she is going home tonight, and not Tyler the threat to win a million, some of these people want to follow the numbers and for that they will lose a million.
Tyler says I stand with my alliance without them I would be over there.
Shirin says that she is 100% valid, but I am one vote, if you don't have anyo e else maybe you are not in as strong of an all as you thought. Carolyn argues, we are a strong 6.
Mike says he has to win it, if I win this one more time then they have to cannobolize themselves. He says he is blue strong, and they need to vote Tyler. Tyler says sometimes looking at an all we have a guearentee to top 6...play ball with people smart enough to wait, but Jiffy says, OR, somebody on the bottom of 6 needs to make a move now.

Rodney says that Mike flipped, Dan says if mikes actions at that moment, he has to answer to the consequences of his actions, they will say anything to stay in this game...Mike is getting his idol out. He's playing an HII on Shirin....we are going to see where this 6 is divided. Here is the plan....Shirin is voting for Tyler, and I am voting for someone else that doesn't have immunity, and the other four can decide...this really is survivor russian roulette, mike is saying you better vote for Tyler or it could be you!

Shirin says Tyler, just sit there and look pretty

Tyler says oh boy I hope this works

see Mike smiling

Mike has the idol, and he is NOT playing it! He did pull it out and show everyone earlier....

First vote: Tyler
Shirin
Dan
Tyler
Shirin
Dan
tied

Shirin
shirin
DAMN: Shirin is out.....the predictable.

Dan still got 2 votes, smiles Mike.

Shirin says she is so excited for this, in her own way....by guys, by shirin says Mike

Jiffy says he doesn't know if he's ever been this confused after a vote, because for all the talking of a tight 6, the votes say otherwise and no one from the 6 seem to mind.

"Next time on Survivor....Pagonging complete"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 09:07 PM
Tyler: The only thing I could think of was to put Dan
To dan: When your name is the only name that is written down, I have to write somebody else's name down....
Jiffy: The alliance of 6 starts to crumble
Dan: I knew it was a bluff
Tyler: It didn't matter I had to write somebody else's name down
Rodney: a bunch of fake a$$ people, I'm done
Jiffy: And Rodney, reaches his limit
Rodney at camp to Dan and others: I want to be voted out and be on the jury next.

Shirin's parting words: No hard feelings towerd Mike, we got some to flip and show who were at the bottom, dan is a sensitive guy, he doesn't like to be voted against so I have a feeling might have been a bit of a wake up call for dan, I am excited to be a part of the jury and see it all pan out.

"Votes..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-29-15 at 09:10 PM
Tyler: votes Dan
MIke votes Tyler
Shirin votes Tyler
Will: Dan
Sierra: Shirin
Carolyn: Shirin
Rodney: Shrin
Dan: Shirin

Posted by CTgirl on 04-29-15 at 09:34 PM
Thanks for the blow by blow FloPo and BR! I'm in California and couldn't wait to watch it and now I dont have to! Argh Jeff Probst is the worst! Another Pagonging of an underdog. This season sucks.

"Waves to CTgirl"
Posted by Brownroach on 04-29-15 at 10:16 PM
Hey get back on the East Coast where you belong! (Though I hope you are having fun in Cali!)

This episode was not nearly as incomprehensible, editing-wise, as last week's. There was some sustained suspense as to whether Tyler or Shirin would get booted.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-30-15 at 01:33 AM
Wha wha what?
You didn't shove me within your checked luggage?
Oh to see any part of that coast right now. *misty-eyed nostalgia*
Where'd you go?
What'd you do?
Who'd you see?

Posted by CTgirl on 04-30-15 at 11:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-15 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

*waves to Brownroach, Tribe and Michel*
I think I'm staying here till this season is over!

Tribe, I have thought of you stuck in cold Boston while I was here! (Why did you ever leave SoCal??!!) I tagged along on a business trip with my husband to Palm Springs and Indian Wells. We got to LaJolla yesterday for vacation. Lots of sunshine to refuel with after Boston's cruel winter!!!

Posted by michel2 on 04-30-15 at 02:19 AM
You missed Survivor to go to California??? Wish I had done the same!

"This is what's Wrong with Survivor"
Posted by michel2 on 04-29-15 at 09:38 PM
This episode showed us exactly what is wrong with Survivor nowadays: The first scene was the fall out of the previous TC, then we went to the RC, we heard from the RC losers and winners then directly to the IC, then to the scrambling and back to TC. The show isn't about what is happening on the island anymore, it's only about Jeff's TC.

"RE: This is what's Wrong with Survivor"
Posted by Jims03 on 04-29-15 at 10:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-15 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

This season sucks.

I mean, I like Mike just fine but he is LITERALLY the only reason to watch this season. Jeff Probst realizes there is more to watching the show that just admiring the sheer awesomeness of just one player, right? Right?

This is not compelling television.

EDIT: No, I've decided to rant even more. What the heck is wrong with this season??? Let's show an argument between Will and Shirin and make the entire audience on Team Shirin! Let's not there be any ambiguity about it. Shirin is awesome and Will sucks.

And then Shirin will go home the following week!

So then, EVERYONE has to root for Mike and Mike only. Because we wouldn't want any OTHER person on this season to be rootable. Sure, Tyler, seems like a nice guy. But we can't have people liking HIM, that's not the narrative we want to tell. So, let's just bury him for half the season!!! Sierra? Let's just have her pop in randomly to make us think something interesting might happen. We don't actually need to know anything about her personality or her game, she's just there to look pretty and to tease us every once in awhile.

This season is reaching Redemption Island levels of obnoxiousness. The show is completely brain dead. If Mike wins, it is the most boring and obvious outcome ever. If Mike doesn't win, it will be an unsatisfying winner. It's a lose/lose.

Posted by dabo on 04-29-15 at 11:34 PM
Usually at this point you would want there to be two or three players remaining where you think they each have a chance of winning. The comparison to RI is apt because it was very clear Mariano was going to win, the only challenge to his supremacy would have been had someone come back from RI and fought his/her way to FTC. Mike is the only player here with a winning edit.

Suddenly tonight we are hearing that Tyler can win, he can beat everyone at FTC except maybe Mike. Really? What we know of Tyler in the edit is very little, he is strictly management class.

This season is also marred with ugliness and sexist stupidity.

Will just lost his last chance at a redemption, unless he somehow makes it to FTC and swallows his male pride in order to sincerely apologize to Shirin. Never mind that he doesn't like her, that she is disliked by so many, she is still a human being and what he did to her was brutal.

Dan tries but he really doesn't know how to relate to women. His attempt at TC to relate to Shirin was another in a series of flops. Because everything goes through his "relating to women" programming and he just doesn't know how to deal with them as individual people.

Let's not even get into Rodney's problems, except for other clueless big city street thugs I can't imagine he has many fans.

Which leaves us with Carolyn and Sierra. Carolyn's character development pretty much stalled at the merge, and Sierra had one brief story as the only women in a camp with too much testosterone and too few brains.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-30-15 at 01:30 AM
This season is reaching Redemption Island levels of obnoxiousness. The show is completely brain dead. If Mike wins, it is the most boring and obvious outcome ever. If Mike doesn't win, it will be an unsatisfying winner. It's a lose/lose.

Hallelujah, brother.
The only thing we could take away from it would be that while Mike didn't control his tribe as well as BRob did, at least somehow good won out over evil. Unlike BRob winning out over the Crazy Guy and the Airhead.
Oh, wait... Mike is BRob, Dan is Phillip Sheppard and Sierra is NatalieT. It's a replay of RI. No wonder JP is overhyping. RI is one of his favorites.
For it's 15 year anniversary, Mike gets the ultimate Redemption.

At least we will soon have the S31 replay survivors to consider.

Posted by michel2 on 04-30-15 at 02:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-15 AT 02:44 AM (EST)

>This season sucks.

You mean this season blows.

> What the
>heck is wrong with this
>season??? Let's show an
>argument between Will and Shirin
>and make the entire audience
>on Team Shirin! Let's
>not there be any ambiguity
>about it. Shirin is
>awesome and Will sucks.
>
>And then Shirin will go home
>the following week!

I think it was done on purpose. If Shirin wasn't so nicely redeemed, if she was still regarded by most of the audience as this crazy person that should be voted out, then no one would have been rooting for Mike's plan to work. They would have wanted to see Shirin leave instead of Tyler.

Also note that, just in case the audience wasn't completely indifferent towards Tyler, if the edit hadn't ignored him enough and he STILL had fans rooting for him, then let's throw in his search through Dan's bag even if the extra vote meant nothing in this episode.

"Characters"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-30-15 at 08:51 AM
It's not about strategy and players, it's all about obnoxious, disgusting, outlandish, whack job characters with no scruples and no filter. That's what makes a great season for Jiffy, his favorite seasons are probably redemption island and one world. These people are despicable, so I agree, not an enjoyable season at all. Brains, Brawn, Beauty was a winner because there was unpredictability and strategy, with some intelligent people.

"RE: Characters"
Posted by michel2 on 04-30-15 at 10:39 AM
What's odd is that this season is a lot like Guatemala. I've been saying that for a few weeks now and this week Shirin even called Rodney's alliance the "axis of evil".
Jeff hated Guatemala because of all the confrontations so he's changed. The only reason he's changed is that this is better for ratings. He's sold out.

PS. Once Colton left, One World was quite enjoyable and it led to an excellent F3.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-30-15 at 11:53 AM
michel wrote: "Jeff hated Guatemala because of all the confrontations so he's changed. The only reason he's changed is that this is better for ratings. He's sold out."

Jeff's definitely changed since becoming Executive Producer of the show but your statement here makes me now understand why Jeff said "this is the best cast we've ever had"

Not only is Jeff EP of Survivor but he wanted so badly to have a successful talk show talking about confrontations so now this cast provides that for him!

Posted by CTgirl on 04-30-15 at 01:22 PM
And Jefff's wanna be talk show host is never more apparent than at the reunion show. He's ruined that with all his miscellaneous interactions with the audience instead of focusing on the cast!

Posted by michel2 on 04-30-15 at 05:35 PM
And that's when he isn't forcing half the cast to sit in the audience as if they didn't matter.

Posted by Sheldor on 04-30-15 at 11:40 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-15 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

Flowerpower wrote: "That's what makes a great season for Jiffy, his favorite seasons are probably redemption island and one world. "

Jeff "said" in his interview with Dalton Ross posted on Posted February 25 2015

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/24/jeff-probst-names-his-favorite-survivor-winner-non-winner-twist-challenge-and
BEST SEASON
“It’s a toss up right now between Heroes vs. Villains and Brains, Brawn and Beauty. And I’m probably going to go with Heroes vs. Villains right now. But I like both of those and I like both Fans vs. Favorites.

BEST WINNER
It’s hard to pick one favorite winner but I’m going to pick Cochran

Of course Jeff has also said things like this!

http://www.tvguide.com/news/survivor-season-worlds-apart-jeff-probst-white-blue-no-collar/
Probst tells TVGuide.com. "And then, you have to have the group of people. And this is, for my money, probably the best overall cast we've ever had. That doesn't mean there won't be duds or people that don't live up to their potential. But person to person as a group, this is a really strong group and one of my favorite casts ever."

And regarding Favorite Winners Jeff recently said to Josh Wiggler of Parade.com on February 20, 2015
http://parade.com/377297/joshwigler/jeff-probst-names-his-top-ten-survivor-winners-of-all-time/

Jeff's Top Ten Group of Winners in no particular order

Posted by CTgirl on 04-30-15 at 11:26 AM
Agree wit your rant Jims!

I think editing really shot themselves in the foot by making the Joe, Hali, Jenn, Shirin gang so likable. We never care that much about the first four boots and now we are left with some seriously dislikeable characters in their place. Michel pegged Mike for the winner pretty early on, and I think he's a nice guy in real life, but I just don't care that much how he gets to the end because we all know he does. Blue collar has stuck together and Lindsey told us a blue collar would win (that was a stupid thing to include). If I were a blue collar, I wouldn't like how this tribe was portrayed. To me blue collar means hardworking salt of the earth, not this dysfunctional mess. We've been waiting for four episodes for a majority member to get their comeuppance and I'm tired of waiting!

Posted by Jims03 on 04-30-15 at 12:41 PM
We've been waiting for four episodes for a majority member to get their comeuppance and I'm tired of waiting!

Yep, and I think this factor is why it's so infuriating. This season has been the ultimate cocktease ever. Every week the first 50 minutes promise something interesting, followed by an anticlimactic boot.

I get that some seasons are just Pagonging and there's nothing they can do about it. And I get that they've always sort of teased us (especially in the early days) that something might change. But considering that the show is LITERALLY NOTHING BUT STRATEGY these days, there just isn't enough meat to the show when they're doing a Pagonging.

Spelling out the strategy of, "This is how we're going to keep Dan fooled" and then actually fooling him is not compelling strategy to watch. Give us some character stuff if the strategy is so boring!

Posted by CTgirl on 04-30-15 at 01:16 PM
This season has been the ultimate cocktease ever.

Yes! Perfect description! I put up with Brandon and Na'onka etc because they were such a small part overall. This season they are jerking us around every week.

Posted by suzzee on 04-30-15 at 03:19 PM
Ultimate, agreed. I suspect the finale will be, at best, a real disappointment.

I should be watched....closely.