URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8359
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S30 | Episodes 10 | Title, Tweets and Teases *No Sources"

Posted by CTgirl on 04-16-15 at 09:23 AM
Bring the Popcorn

The Rodney-Mike Fight?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"EW tease"
Posted by CTgirl on 04-16-15 at 09:30 AM
Jeff Probst Q&A

Okay, time to tease us up for next week’s episode.

One of the biggest things to ever happen at an auction. One of the biggest arguments to ever happen at camp. Together, the two events set up one of the biggest finishes to any season. It’s definitely a “don’t miss” episode.

Can we dare to hope that the twist comes out at the auction?

"RE: EW tease"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-16-15 at 04:29 PM
Can we dare to hope that Jiffy tells the truth for once?

"No."
Posted by Brownroach on 04-17-15 at 01:25 AM
Just no.

"S30 | Episodes 10 | Press Release"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-17-15 at 08:24 PM

A KEY ADVANTAGE GIVES ONE CASTAWAY A GAME-CHANGING OPPORTUNITY, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22

“Bring The Popcorn” – A key advantage gives one castaway a game-changing opportunity, and another castaway lashes out when their integrity is questioned, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, April 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/view?id=42435

"RE: S30 | Episodes 10 | Press Release"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-18-15 at 00:55 AM
hehe..I'm excited.

going backwards...
* Another castaway lashes out when their integrity is questioned
Poor Rodney.
Always the victim.
Boot story?
I doubt it, but it could be.
Mike V Rodney is THE paramount fight to figure out this season. We know Mike comes out on top so at least one of Rodney's alliance members need to be the victims.
and JP says this about it... One of the biggest arguments to ever happen at camp.

* A key advantage gives one castaway a game-changing opportunity
Cue JP tease...
JP: “We have a new advantage in the game. Something we’ve toyed with for a long time and decided to do it this year, and it plays out great. I’ll leave it at that for now.” ... "Yeah, there is another twist. Something we’ve played around with for quite a while, but didn’t feel it was appropriate yet for the show. This season, we decided these people could handle it. So there is a new twist, and no one is going to see it coming. It plays out beautifully. Everything you would hope a twist would bring you, it brings you."
and this week... One of the biggest things to ever happen at an auction.

and he continues with this...
Together, the two events set up one of the biggest finishes to any season.

Methinks the Auction contains a last minute "advantage" that only the game saavy end up getting.
Cue Shirin's MEGA vote twist "advantage".
Shirin, (and Jenn) as the last of the No-Collar alliance left, will be given reprieve, as one of Tyler, Carolyn, Rodney or Will will get the snuffing this week. (and probably the next 4 as well.)

Posted by Outsider32 on 04-18-15 at 02:37 AM
Shirin already cracked the majority alliance it would need to be someone else.

I really hope Carolyn does not get taken out by Shirin. They set her up to get the upper hand against Max, why not against Shirin? And Carolyn's edit was a big deal when she found the idol. People who get voted out with their idols are either overedited like James or not given too much positivity(Rocker).

I also feel Carolyn's been ignored by the editing because there is no room for her story with Mike vs.Rodney and Joe vs.Mike and Shirin getting the sudden Jon spike(or is it Reed?). Carolyn has a lot of story to tell she's gotten attention in the merge when their wasn't a reward challenge to show and the swap episode. I don't think Carolyn is out. I think her edit is the most unique from everyone else's. And Mike is not getting rid of Dan over Sierra also. I don't see it.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-19-15 at 00:07 AM
And Mike is not getting rid of Dan over Sierra also. I don't see it.
It won't be in his control. Sierra has made more ins with other players than Dan EVER could. When it comes down to "Mike's F5" there are 3 other people who may not agree to boot Sierra over Dan.

I don't think Carolyn is out.
I don't think Carolyn is out either... yet. But she will be. She is not a finalist and even if she did make it to finals, she won't be winning any votes. She would have to get rid of Mike and that ain't happening.

I also feel Carolyn's been ignored by the editing because there is no room for her story with Mike vs. Rodney and Joe vs. Mike and Shirin getting the sudden Jon spike (or is it Reed?). Carolyn has a lot of story to tell she's gotten attention in the merge when their wasn't a reward challenge to show and the swap episode.
I think you may have just contradicted yourself in the following sentence. She's being ignored yet she's the focus? Regardless, her 'edit' is not that of a winner. And if you're expecting some sort of "Natalie" typed situation then you've misread JP's fervent over-hyping about the winner. I'll call it now, Carolyn is NOT winning this game.

I really hope Carolyn does not get taken out by Shirin. They set her up to get the upper hand against Max, why not against Shirin? And Carolyn's edit was a big deal when she found the idol. People who get voted out with their idols are either over-edited like James or not given too much positivity(Rocker).
Stuff that contains "I hope..." is nothing but your heart and your gut arguing with each other while your brain watches from a security desk. The Carolyn versus Max upper hand you speak of is something I didn't notice.
Before the swap Carolyn was aligned with Shirin and Max.
After the swap Carolyn decided to FLIP and paint them both as enemy #1.
If anyone is at fault for F'ing up their own game, it would be Carolyn. The fact that she found an idol shows she was smarter than the other White Collars. Briefly.
Meanwhile, both Shirin and Tyler have been shown as more game saavy than she has.

Shirin already cracked the majority alliance it would need to be someone else.
Yes. She JUST did crack the majority. That's why this week we start to see the results of such. And giving her safety within her... no wait... with Shirin "knowing" that some sort of advantage is only available at the end of the auction is something a lot of other players, more food driven, to spend their money early, would never have the patience for. I don't think Shirin feels safe and her knowledge of the game will be an advantage during the auction. Which will lead to an advantage in the game.
The only other current castaway that has presented themselves as having been an avid fan of the show is Dan. And I don't think he has the patience to watch perfectly good food walk by and being eaten by other people. I also believe he doesn't feel he's in danger at all, so the incentive for lasting until the end is something that will pass over his head as well as MANY other player's heads.

Posted by Outsider32 on 04-19-15 at 02:39 AM
I never said she was going to win. But she could get to the endgame portion which if final five. Think about Keith last year surviving Alec, Wes, Reed, who all had inferior early edits. Tyler, Will has also and even Shirin.

And Carolyn screwed up her game flipping? How? I don't think that was it.

As for Shirin, I just do not think she wins because of the early lack of POV. She doesn't even have the edit of a finalist. And judging by the previews she's gonna be target#1 for whoever survives this week of Will, Carolyn, Rodney and Tyler.

The one thing thats irritating me is the shocker edit. Or its like we're supposed to decide how the game will go by looking at the cast pre-season. I don't like Shirin. I don't want POLO on Sucks coming out on top.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-20-15 at 01:20 AM
I never said she was going to win. But she could get to the endgame portion which if final five. Think about Keith last year surviving Alec, Wes, Reed, who all had inferior early edits. Tyler, Will has also and even Shirin.
For one thing, judging any current cast by past survivor situations is a slippery slope. Everyone is different and the only constant is the editing team.
Regardless, yes, Carolyn could get to the final episode, aka The Final 5. Since the idols are only good until through F5, when it got to 4 players, I doubt Carolyn could make it through.
Honestly, I don't think she lasts that long. I see a situation where Tyler turns on Carolyn to save himself. Revealing her idol to others in the majority. But that's just me.

As for Shirin, I just do not think she wins because of the early lack of POV. She doesn't even have the edit of a finalist. And judging by the previews she's gonna be target#1 for whoever survives this week of Will, Carolyn, Rodney and Tyler.
Being a target of the minority means NOTHING. And if anything it helps keep that target around for later episodes. I don't think Shirin can win either. I do think she'll be a choice for "nominee" on S31. But winning? Nope. I find her to be a smart cookie and even though she's "annoying" I like that quality about her. Upsetting other peoples games is a sign of a good player. It begins with Rich continues on through Russell and gets various spotlights with Rupert, ShiiAnn, PeihGee, J'Tia, Brandon and all of Cook Islands
But these are all personal feelings and really mine smells just like yours.

The one thing thats irritating me is the shocker edit. Or its like we're supposed to decide how the game will go by looking at the cast pre-season. I don't like Shirin. I don't want POLO on Sucks coming out on top.
Okay kiddo. I feel I have to talk you off of some ledge here.
Who really gives a sheep if Polo is correct for the first time in many seasons. 1. He doesn't post here. 2. Shirin WON'T win.
And as personal advise, don't let this shoe "irritate" you.
I went down that road with Terryfv<k1ngDietz and I should have been banned for it.

Phun talking to ya'.

Posted by michel2 on 04-20-15 at 12:25 PM
Polo on Sucks? He made me an enemy for life during Redemption Island. The camera showed us three little birds chirping to be fed and I wrote that it represented Natalie, Ashley and Andrea all trying to get Rob's attention. He LOVED Andrea so he never forgave the "insult"!

Posted by Outsider32 on 04-20-15 at 11:57 PM
Yes, him. I don't know what happened but he suddenly comes back from a ban before SJDS and basically attacks my opinions every chance he gets. I kind of don't like posting there as much now and usually come here mostly. I quit my episode breakdowns there but I knew what I said was not gonna be everyone's cup of tea so I never seen follow up posts to my posts on spec but I'm sure he had something to say. If no one makes any sense he attacks them repeatedly, "Go kill yourself die in a fire". And the mod Antythesis has jumped ship to his bandwagon there as well. She lets him do whatever he wants.

Posted by Outsider32 on 04-21-15 at 00:00 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-15 AT 00:02 AM (EST)

I'm not a kid, but understood everything else. And thats not to be taken in a bad way.

"Jeff spoils the big twist"
Posted by CTgirl on 04-20-15 at 01:20 PM
Jeff reveals the new twist and answers questions from Dalton about it

Shirin has got to win the advantage!

"RE: Jeff spoils the big twist"
Posted by michel2 on 04-20-15 at 05:26 PM
Man! The guy can't keep a secret!

Posted by CTgirl on 04-20-15 at 07:55 PM
Seriously!

Posted by Outsider32 on 04-20-15 at 11:53 PM
Shirin wouldn't need a twist to get Carolyn out since the BCs will vote for her if they are with her. I see this maybe being Dan if anyone for that girls alliance. It would be stupid also if Shirin did that and not saved that for a later time.

Then again, I have no idea what is gonna happen.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-21-15 at 07:39 AM
Didn't see that you posted this over here, I posted also in the JP Says thread....whoops!

Anyway, I see most likely Shirin getting it. But there are other fans out there, and anyone could get it if they KNOW that there will be some kind of advantage offered at some point in the auction. Shirin is the most likely, imo. Mike could get it too though? Jiffy also gushed that it plays out in the very best way. I would love for Jenn to get it!

Regardless, the person probably uses it to crush Rodney's jump at 7 move. Or, at least F5, F7, or even F4?

Posted by CTgirl on 04-21-15 at 08:57 AM
It belongs in both places FloPo!

The possibilities are endless for when it could be used. I'm partial to Shirin using it to get rid of Dan (or Mike) since Dan made such a big deal about Shirin not knowing her math. She also talked about a numbers loophole this week regarding Joe and Jenn. She's all about the numbers this season!