URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8329
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S30 ep4"

Posted by dabo on 03-17-15 at 10:57 AM
This is the first of two voting threads this week as there will be two episodes aired back to back.

ADVISORY: Vote threads are open to all who wish to participate and cast their votes, spoilers and non-spoilers alike. The posts initiating these threads contain no spoiler information other than perhaps referencing what has been revealed in TV promos for the upcoming episode. Non-spoilers, be advised that spoilers may include information in their posts here which you may not wish to read. Spoilers, please do not include spoiler information for future episodes, stick to the episode in question. Thank you.

DAWS

ESCAMECA TRIBE
Dan E
Kelly E
Lindsey E
Mike E
Rodney E
Sierra E

MASAYA TRIBE
Carolyn M
Joaquin M
Max M
Shirin M
Tyler M

NAGAROTE TRIBE
Hali N
Jenn N
Joe N
Will N

ELIMINATED
So M
Vince N
Nina N

Episode 4: "Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner" – Tribes drop their buffs in a switch that will shake up alliances. Also, one castaway struggles after receiving a blow to the head, and another castaway’s desire to flex his power in the game could be his greatest weakness. (Probster: Dare I say the best ep of the season? So much good stuff including a Survivor/medical moment.)

THE RULES

1. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot in the subject heading.

This is easy, just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote, e.g., "Kelly." Or, if you think this will be a two-boot ep.: "Kelly & Rodney." It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they are really obvious without actually reading your post. Other things you want to vote on, these should go in your post not in your subject line.

2. Reply only to this post. But to change your vote do reply to your own vote post.

Your new heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Lindsey" Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Lindsey & Carolyn" if you think it will be a two-boot ep.

3. This is not a discussion thread, do not treat it as such. You know the drill.

There are plenty of places on the forum to debate the merits of people's arguments, have discussions, have civil and polite disagreements: this is a vote thread.

But please feel free to discuss your vote(s) in your own post, make your cases, cast all the extra votes you want, make jokes, stick it to His Jiffipoops, we are really interested in what you have to say.

4. No graphics.

Unless you insist. If you do include a graphic please make it pertinent to something in this episode. Siggies allowed.

5. Have fun!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Carolyn"
Posted by Outsider32 on 03-18-15 at 00:12 AM
Don't really have a reason.

"Lindsey"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-18-15 at 09:12 AM
Lindsey has been sitting around for weeks pronouncing that Mike or Dan or Rodney is the first to go from her tribe. I think the joke's on her when they band together to vote her out. Which would then prompt Sierra to say that her tribe is dead to her.

"Will"
Posted by Corvis7 on 03-18-15 at 10:00 AM
Obvious boot if they go to TC again and I think they will. I like michel's point that episode 4 is probably an obvious outcome since they paired it with episode 5.

"Rod"
Posted by kingfish on 03-18-15 at 12:01 PM
Rod, the snarly camp lay-about.

"Will"
Posted by dabo on 03-18-15 at 12:25 PM
In a three-tribe season one tribe getting decimated to the point of messing up future team challenges is a clear sign of an impending switch to two tribes, and Will is the last odd man out at Nagarote.

"Lindsay"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-18-15 at 02:20 PM
It's either Lindsay or Will. Depends on who loses....

It does lend itself to be Will, with the title of the second part: Finally playing Survivor....hmmmm.

"Lindsey"
Posted by Brownroach on 03-18-15 at 04:51 PM
I just want one of the repeat-name contestants to get booted.

"Lindsey"
Posted by michel2 on 03-18-15 at 05:09 PM
Sorry Corvis for possibly misleading you. I had Will all week as the boot but Pepe's SOTS and the challenge pictures made me change at the last minute. I think Joe can handle that board better than anyone on Escameca.

"Not a vote"
Posted by Corvis7 on 03-18-15 at 06:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-15 AT 06:30 PM (EST)

If I get it wrong, it's ALL your fault!

"Carolyn"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-18-15 at 05:18 PM
This one is easy for me... definitely Carolyn.

Considering the ep5 title, "We're Finally Playing Some Survivor", I would wager money that Escameca does NOT go to TC in Ep. 4.
But to begin where the show does...

Ep. 4 RC:
With Escameca cooking snake and eating rice and Shirin's comment about killing chickens and sacraficing rabbits, I'm guessing that Masaya wins the Chickens and Nagarote wins the eggs. Could be the opposite, Nagarote-Chickens | Masaya-Eggs, but one thing is for sure, Escameca is NOT winning the RC.

Ep. 4 IC:
While shots of the IC don't give too much away, it must be noted that Nagarote and Escameca have a head start at some point and multiple people attempt the levered cornhole/swisscheese puzzle at the end. But again, I don't believe that Escameca loses the IC as they'll need to stay unspoiled for one more TC.
While on the surface this means that either Masaya or Nagarote go to TC, I would again wager money that it is Masaya that loses the IC and has to return to TC. (For the sake of arguement I will state that IF Nagarote goes to TC, Will is a goner. But I would counter that with the postgame shot of Will having lost more weight than he currently has lost in the show. Not that this absolutely means he couldn't continue to lose weight at LL but I'm not personally comfortable with placing Will as pre-merge.)
So in my viewpoint, Masaya goes to TC.

Ep. 4 TC:
Post the first occasion Masaya went to TC, Joaquin was on the outside. (But not really, as it's Tyler that is actually operating on the outside, he just happened to choose the bad liar over the tribal weakling.) But Tyler has since noted that he wants to work with Joaquin. Then Shirin steps into focus as the monkey-sex obsessed, full-monica exhibitor, enough to where Tyler is expressing dislike of her in front of Carolyn. We've also been fed the confrontations between Shirin and Joaquin over the location of the hidden idol.
An idol that Carolyn found back in episode 1.
It would seem that Carolyn is safe because of her idol but I harken back to Tyler's original observations of Carolyn change after she admitted to having the idol. She became a bigger target. Tyler will see that keeping Joaquin and Shirin together insures that the two of them won't band together to boot him out. He remains in control.
I also think Shirin's confessional about killing chickens and sacrificing rabbits pertains to her involvement in booting Carolyn.

RC: Masaya - Chickens | Nagarote - Eggs | Escameca ~ Nada
1st @ IC: Nagarote
2nd @ IC: Escameca
TC: Masaya
Bootee: Carolyn

"Lindsey"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-18-15 at 07:01 PM
So far the pattern has been to bring up the boot reason in the previous episode so I think the Ep4 boot candidate is either Mike, Dan or Lindsey since we know Rodney and Shirin are safe.

To me I felt like the editors are setting up a blindside of Lindsey plus this vidcap TURNING ON EACH OTHER also makes me think it will be Lindsey.

"Vote Tally"
Posted by dabo on 03-18-15 at 07:04 PM
Lindsey - 5
Carolyn - 2
Will - 2
Rodney - 1