URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8328
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S30 | Episodes 4&5 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 03-12-15 at 00:25 AM
Here is the thread to deposit and discuss the vidcaps for the 2-hour extravaganza known as ep4 and ep5.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post-Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-12-15 at 00:46 AM
Transcript and vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

JP: Next time on a special two hour Survivor...
Lindsey (talking to Rodney): That mentality sucks.
Is that how your mom raised you?
JP: along with every fight...
Rodney (camera confessional): I mean,who the hell gets a tattoo on their damn face unless you've got some serious problems?
JP: ...comes a little blood.
JP (@IC4): A massive collision!
Sierra: She's bleeding.
Probst: Everybody stop! Medical!

"Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-13-15 at 00:47 AM
@RC

@Camp(All Camp shots are from soon after the RC)

"RE: Press Images"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-13-15 at 09:03 AM
Is that something white on Kelly's forehead? Could she be the one who got her head split open and stitched up with a small bandage on top?

It's hard to see but if you blow it up, you can see a hint of something white on her head - whether it's a bandage or a glint off the camera or something, not sure.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-13-15 at 09:50 AM
I think so Pepe. Look at the blood and bandage on Kelly here.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-13-15 at 11:43 AM
Good job, CT... it's settled now - it's Kelly who gets injured. And it doesn't seem to be a factor in the boot story - it's directed at somewhere else (not to say that Kelly couldn't be a boot option, it's just not apparently related to her head injury).

Once I blew up the picture and tweaked the contrast a bit on Photoshop, the bandage immediately became clearly visible.

Posted by suzzee on 03-13-15 at 03:35 PM
thanks!

I should be watched....closely.

"More Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-14-15 at 01:06 AM

"Ep5 Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-14-15 at 01:15 AM

(I see only red and blue below)

Posted by mimo on 03-14-15 at 11:47 AM
Thanks for pulling these!! From the title of the episode, I expect that the reward in Ep. 4 is chickens (there's also an image of something bulky covered up which could be a series of chicken coops.) With no images of No Collar post RC, could it be that they win the RC and the chickens?

"Weekend Promo"
Posted by michel2 on 03-14-15 at 05:01 PM
Thanks to Survivor Fever, we now know that there is a switch in episode 5:
Announcer: Wednesday, it's a game changer.

Jeff Probst: Drop your buffs.

Announcer: Three tribes become two.

Sierra <camera confessional>: My old tribe is absolutely dead to me.

I heard Jim Nantz reading the following promo during the NCAA basketball game: "The Blue, White and No Collar tribes turn on each other and then disaster strikes."

I wonder if disaster only means Kelly's injury or is there more?

I'd say that Sierra looks like a very viable candidate for the episode 5 vote.

"RE: Weekend Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-14-15 at 11:25 PM
Transcript and Vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

VO: Wednesday, it's a game changer.

JP: Drop your buffs.

VO: Three tribes become two.

Sierra (camera confessional): My old tribe is absolutely dead to me.

"Of note"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-14-15 at 11:44 PM
we now know for sure Shirin, Joaquin and Tyler make it through EP4TC. (As well as Joe, Lindsey, Sierra and Rodney)

I see a blindside in the near future.

"RE: Of note"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-15-15 at 00:08 AM
Where are you seeing that Lindsey is safe for Episode 5?

Posted by michel2 on 03-15-15 at 01:49 AM
Maybe Tribe saw something else but I think a single strand of hair was sufficient. Look at the bottom left corner and that has to be Lindsey's hair:

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-15-15 at 11:25 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-15 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

Kelly also has blonde hair and also has times where the hair is loose or is knotted up. One strand of hair isn't conclusive enough to tell me which of these two it is.

ETA: Looking at this pic, there aren't any loose strands. There are in other pics though, just as is the case for Kelly.

Posted by kingfish on 03-15-15 at 12:48 PM
If that picture is of Sierra standing with her tribe, and it appears that they are (Rod to her left), that blonde to the right has to be Lindsey.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-15-15 at 12:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-15 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

Kelly's on the right of Sierra here and Rodney's to the left:

And in front here:

Kelly's more at Sierra's shoulder level while Lindsey is shorter and blonder. These images just goes to show that they move around on the mat at each challenge and we haven't seen any other Episode 5 caps as far as I know to determine who's standing with whom.

Not saying it couldn't be Lindsey in the earlier photo but it's inconclusive to me and I was just asking Tribe what made him certain Lindsey was safe, whether it was the hair strand or some other evidence he saw elsewhere that told him she was safe. I'd want to be more certain before making such a proclamation that Lindsey is safe in my SOTS coming up tomorrow.

Posted by tribephyl on 03-15-15 at 01:33 PM
It was solely the strand of hair. No other evidence that I recall. I would wager money that it is Lindsey and not Kelly but...
all it was speculating was that these folks all make it to Ep5. Not that they make it through Ep5. And moreso to show that the two folks most talked about for bootation (Joaquin and Shirin) are both there for the swap.
In other words, even though I believe it to be Lindsey's hair, I truly believe all of the Escameca will be accounted for by the time of the swap.

I'm of the mindset that BlueCollar doesn't visit TC until Ep5, AFTER the switch, where "some" of them go to TC for the first time. Hence the title..."We're Finally Playing Some Survivor"

Ultimately this means that either Nagarote or Masaya go to TC in Ep4. I am also of the mindset that it is Masaya that goes to TC. (But if Nagarote does, Will is a goner.) For Masaya we can see that Shirin, Joaquin and Tyler are there for the switch in Ep5. Which, to me, means that either Max or Carolyn is our Ep4 Bootee.

Also of note is that while production has an EP5 RC set up, with 3 tribes, it will MOST likely NOT be used, in order to surprise and swap the castaways.

Posted by michel2 on 03-15-15 at 02:26 PM
I agree with all of this, Tribe, except the part about Masaya going to TC. If they were to eliminate someone, it almost has to be either Shirin or Joaquin so, since those two are safe, Ockham's razor suggests the tribe avoids TC. Will is a goner!

Posted by CTgirl on 03-15-15 at 03:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-15 AT 03:46 PM (EST)

They reminded us of Carolyn's HII last episode. I think its a possibility that she gets blindsided or someone (maybe Max) goes off the bounce.

ETA: Enough time was spent on the entire tribe, except for Carolyn, looking for the idol that it could be a story line for episode 4. I think they figure out that the idol is gone and that Carolyn may have it (with or without Tyler's admission) and they could try to flush the idol.

Posted by michel2 on 03-15-15 at 04:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-15 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

That could certainly happen but the promos haven't mentioned anything about a shocking TC. If anything, the choice of putting episodes 4 and 5 together is a sign that one of them is boring. They can't wait to get to episode 5 and the swap or else Jiffy's claim that this season is great will fall flat.

ETA: A sign that episode 4 is boring: The most we heard from it is Jeff's call for medical when it looks like it will require nothing more than a band-aid on Kelly's head.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-15-15 at 05:56 PM
You're probably right but to explain myself, I guess I drank Jeff's kool aid.

I thought I had posted the Dalton-Jeff tease for this week (I just did). Jeff hypes episode 4 as the best of the season so I immediately jumped to what would make Jeff so excited - blindside - HII (especially if Max gets taken down). May be wishful thinking of my part. We need to see what the web promo shows. The boot story usually comes from it.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-18-15 at 11:15 PM
I had a Max boot in my sights and then I let it go. Darn!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-15-15 at 03:54 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-15 AT 04:39 PM (EST)

Hmm. The reason why I was asking for clarification is that I was hemming and hawing between Shirin and ... yes, Lindsey, as my two boot choices before the swap promo came out.

It's only two boots so far, but I'm keeping an eye out to see if there's a pattern that whoever is shown in the midst of a conflict or been much talked about becomes the next episode's boot - that happened with Vince and Nina, so the next ones that would jump out at me are Shirin (monkey sex and the tribe's disgust with her), Mike (everyone hates his nagging), Rodney (laziness and throwing logs around) and Lindsey (going to war with Mike and Rodney). Rodney and Mike appears to have some real legs in the game and we clearly see Shirin reacting to the swap announcement, so that leaves Lindsey as my favourite for the next boot. I can't project for episode 5 yet because we haven't seen episode 4, so I'll be watching for weekend promos for new stuff that might show someone with a target sign.

I agree that if the Nagarotes go to TC, Will is unquestionably gone.

I just need the theory to be disproven and then I'll just go merrily on my way! Until then ... *makes pitbull sounds*

Posted by Sheldor on 03-16-15 at 07:16 PM
For the challenges they have so far always lined up in height order:
  1. Lindsey
  2. Kelly
  3. Rodney

4. Dan
  5. Sierra
  6. Mike
That puts Kelly and Sierra always in the middle.

Here is the lineup for the first IC with Sierra between Kelly and Rodney just like in the promo for Ep5.

The only time I remember the order being different was when the tribe first stood on their mats in Episode 1

Possibly Lindsey's hair but seems much more likely to be Kelly's hair.

"RE: S30 | Episodes 4&5 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources*"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-15-15 at 05:08 PM
Kona pointed something out that could be interesting...

Could Sierra be holding a new buff in her hands with it partially blurred to hide the colour?

And could the V-shaped tree behind Sierra be the same one as the one behind Will in this cap here?

"RE: S30 | Episodes 4&5 | Vidcap Analysis *No Sources*"
Posted by suzzee on 03-16-15 at 10:58 AM
I think you are absolutely correct.

I should be watched....closely.

"What is Sierra holding?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-17-15 at 08:04 AM
Noting that there is something in Sierra's hands, we don't know where she is at there, but possibly the same camp that Will has been at....Nagarote. To me, it looks more like wrapping that could be around an idol, perhaps?

Did Sierra find the idol?

"RE: What is Sierra holding?"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-17-15 at 05:14 PM
If you watch the video you can see whatever Sierra is holding is flapping in the wind!

Definitely not a Buff. Looks like maybe paper (e.g. idol clue, tree mail, etc.)

"Web Promo"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-16-15 at 01:49 PM
Is a longer version of the weekend promo

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s30_web_promo_ep4.html
(Feel free to post the vidcaps or I will come back later and do it.)

Transcript by SurvivorFever.net:

Announcer: Wednesday, it's a two hour Survivor event. And the white collar, blue collar and no collar tribes are turning on each other.

Lindsey <talking to Rodney>: If you were my son, I'd break your jaw and feed it to you for breakfast.

Rodney <camera confessional>: Who the hell gets a tattoo on their face?

Shirin: I learned how to kill a chicken, but I slaughtered a rabbit.

Joaquin: Oh, sociopath.

Announcer: Then, disaster strikes!

Female: Drop it!

Female: Oh!

Sierra: Kelly are you okay? She's bleeding.

Probst: Stop! Are you alright?

Announcer: And it all comes to a head...

Probst: Drop your buffs.

Announcer: ...when three tribes become two.

Sierra: My old tribe is absolutely dead to me.

Kelly really gets clocked! The Red Tribe isn't shown in the tribes can't get along part. So one story is misdirection and one is the boot story. We see Shirin in episode 5 so episode 4 boot story could be about the blue tribe. I'm thinking Lindsey's prospects don't look so good! Then someone will get screwed by the swap and will be collateral damage in episode 5. Hard to guess who.

"RE: Web Promo"
Posted by michel2 on 03-16-15 at 06:04 PM
Thank you for this, CTGirl. If the red tribe isn't shown, it could be an indication that they want to distract us from the obvious Will boot. Although, booting Lindsey could explain why Sierra says her old tribe is dead to her.

Posted by CTgirl on 03-16-15 at 10:25 PM
Nina was an obvious boot and the web promo did show her briefly when she wouldn't taste the lizard - so I think we'd see the red tribe if Will were going home.

But part of my thinking is old school - that the boot story is always in the promos somewhere. Lately it seems like they don't focus on the boot story until the web promo comes out. We will have to watch this as the season progresses.

Posted by Sheldor on 03-16-15 at 07:02 PM
Thanks CTgirl! Here are the vidcaps...

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010
_0011
_0012
_0013
_0014
_0015
_0016
_0017
_0018
_0019
_0020
_0021
_0022
_0023
_0024
_0025
_0026
_0027
_0028
_0029
_0030
_0031
_0032
_0033
_0034
_0035
_0036
_0037
_0038
_0039
_0040
_0041
_0042

"Random Observations"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-17-15 at 04:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-18-15 AT 06:43 AM (EST)

Just some Random Observations on some of the screen captures..

I originally thought that Eggs Jeff is holding out were Paint Filled Eggs for the castaways to break upon themselves to switch Tribes. However the CBS caption is ""Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner" - Jeff Probst during the fourth episode" So now I realize these Eggs are probably the Reward for the Second place tribe for the Ep4 Reward Challenge!

Edited to Add: Looked up this Reward Challenge in Ep3 of Cagayan "The winning tribe would receive three egg-laying hens and a rooster, while the second-place tribe would receive a dozen eggs."

I thought these 2 images looked like Mike Peeling and Roasting a Snake and the Sneak Preview reveals that is a Snake!

Kelly's forehead does not have a scar but if you zoom in I think she has a laceration just below the hairline to the right of the part in her hair.

In the Episode 4 Immunity Challenge Joe and Mike (everyone but Mike is on the Blue mat) start the ball portion before Joaquin arrives (Joaquin and someone else still climbing down the blocks in the background)

Joaquin joins Joe and Mike with Shirin and Dan/Lindsey sitting out in the background.
Looks like you have to negotiate 3 white balls into the 3 holes at the top.
If a ball falls into a hole it drops out of the purple chute on the bottom right.
Joe still has 2 balls on the holder on the bottom left and is lifting 1 ball.
Mike appears to be retrieving a ball that fell off? Looks like he still has 2 balls on the holder.
Joaquin may have completed 1 ball and he has another ball near the top.

Joaquin and Mike switch out but can't tell if Joe switches out...

Max tries after Joaquin

Kelly must be trying after Mike

CBS Caption: ""We're Finally Playing Some Survivor" - Jeff Probst reveals the reward during the fifth episode"

The Sandy Beach near the Reward above and the Rocks and Ocean behind White, Red, and Blue Collar below appears to be the Episode 5 Reward Challenge area as seen below.

CBS Caption: ""We're Finally Playing Some Survivor" - The stage is set for the Reward Challenge during the fifth episode"
Hmm, 3 stations but normally they swap tribes *BEFORE* the Reward Challenge. Perhaps they remove one station before the Reward Challenge begins or maybe this is a photo before the Dream Team tries it and they later reconfigure it for 2 Tribes.

"Mike catches a snake clip from Ep. 4"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-18-15 at 09:24 AM
Clip from episode 4

Mike catches and eats a snake and comments, "we're starving and didn't get chickens obviously" so sounds like they lose the reward challenge.