URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 832
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS-AS Ep. 18 ECST"

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 08:34 PM
Three left, one hour, two dances. Usually it is one free style and one repeat. Probably a third dance tomorrow after then know what the vote is and can storm the electoral collage and make them vote against what the state...oh wait, wrong conspiracy theory.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Intro"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:03 PM
3 women remain. 3 supersized free styles. This.Is.The.Finals.

No walking down the stairs, on the stage.

Two rounds tonight. 1. Their favorite Dance. All new supersized free style. Can add extra performers.

"Kelly and Val"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:05 PM
Made it to finals, never got a 10. Repeating the Paso.

Going for 10s.

"España Cañí"—Erich Kunzel

"RE: Kelly and Val"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-12 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

Len. A dance is only movement if there is no music, pimps the band. Week three. That was your best dance. Week 10 Your best dance to date.

Bruno. Burned the floor, fire angel, driven by desire. Saw artistry and polish. even covered a slight mess up.

Carrie Ann. I am so proud of you, struggled the hardest to get here. There was a little slip up I saw.

Replay the slip up. She spun out and came out of his grasp.

Scores after the break.

Brook asks her about the 13 from the first dance season one. Come so far.

9.5 - 10 - 10 - 29.5/30

Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 09:20 PM
Can't believe they got TWO 10s with an obvious & admitted mistake!!

Posted by Carezy on 11-26-12 at 10:12 PM
With all the little mistakes and lack of difficulty that they ignored when it came to scoring Emmitt, it doesn't bother me. She hasn't been over scored at all for the entire season, if anything, the judges were tough on her most of the time.

Posted by JessicaRN on 11-27-12 at 00:28 AM
Even I saw her slip, even though I was only half-way watching. That was good, but how can it be a 10?

"RE: DWTS-AS Ep. 18 ECST"
Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 09:08 PM
> Probably a third dance
>tomorrow after then know what
>the vote is and can
>storm the electoral collage and
>make them vote against what
>the state...oh wait, wrong conspiracy
>theory.

ROFLOL!

Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 09:09 PM
Oh, crap! Len's been drinking the Koolaid!

"Melissa and Tony"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:14 PM
All the injuries. Samba from week three

Samba to "Conga"—Gloria Estefan

"RE: Melissa and Tony"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-12 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

Finish with streamers of death

Bruno. Brazilian bombshell. Technique, confidence has blossomed.

Carrie Ann. Your abs are ridiculous. Tonight the solo was fabulous.

Len. Party flavor, fabulous.

Scores after the break.

10 - 10 - 10 - 30

Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 09:19 PM
I don't remember the ending of that looking so awkward last time. Otherwise I liked it! (Of course, there were no obvious mistakes, so it'll probably get 9s.

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:21 PM
I thought I remembered the ending being more awkward, but maybe I mixed it up with something else.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-26-12 at 10:39 PM
I thought it was a clean dance, but yet lacked a little hip action on her part. I think it was a little flat...or the dance just wasn't as movin' and shakin' as it perhaps could have been?

"Shawn and Derek"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:22 PM
Going to break the rules on this quickstep, again.

"Hey Pachuco"—Royal Crown Revue

"RE: Shawn and Derek"
Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 09:28 PM
LOVE this Shawn/Derek routine, but I think it's gonna bite them in the butt to break the rules again!

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:28 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-12 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

Carrie Ann. Fan favorite. Sad you didn't follow the rules the points do matter. Disappointed, hope risk pays off.

Len. More body contact, but not allowed to break hold and do lifts, leave me no where to go.

Bruno. Always push the boundaries and break rules. What you achieved fantastic, but scores bound by the rules.

Scores after the break.

Always like the rule break parts more than the stuff in hold on this dance.

9 - 8.5 - 9.5 - 27/30

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-26-12 at 10:43 PM
I thought that was a great routine as well, but my favorite of theirs was the rumba. Wow, don't know why they wouldn't choose that one...I felt badly for Shawn with the judges scores.

Posted by samboohoo on 11-27-12 at 11:04 AM
I didn't feel bad for them. I thought Len was the only one who scored it fairly. They broke the rules. Plain & simple. If they wanted to do that and "entertain" us, they should have saved that for the freestyle.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Posted by Nuume on 11-27-12 at 02:19 PM
I didn't feel sorry for them, because they fully expected the scores they got. It was a calculated risk. I don't necessarily know if it was a good one, but we'll find out tonight . They knew full well they wouldn't get better scores with it though, hence all the talk about "doing it for the fans" and such.

"Kelly and Val"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:33 PM
Full creative control with extra performers.

Aerial stunts in the start. He will be playing the violin. Dirty Dancing - I Had The Time of my Life

The troupe will be dancing with them.

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-12 AT 09:42 PM (EST)

She looked awkward in a couple of the lifts.

Len. Open spectacular. Lacked some originality, well done.

Bruno. The interpretation was superb, you needed to get a room. Patrick is smiling on you.

Carrie Ann. Watch you grow as a couple. This was the perfect dance. Added artistry, wonderful.

Oh Bruno said something about chemistry not get a room, but my fingers had to break the rules.

Scores after the break.

They didn't want the supersize to overwhelm us. They will make us wait to answer the are they or are they doing it question.

10 - 9.5 - 10 - 29.5/30 59/60

Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 09:36 PM
Not really impressed, either with the dance or with Val's atrocious violin-playing!

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:38 PM
That did kinda sound like he almost heard the song once and was trying his best to play what he thought he remembered.

Posted by udg on 11-28-12 at 02:32 AM
I thought maybe he was playing in a different key from the band.

"Melissa and Tony"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:45 PM
Contemporary.

Having some fear during the lifts. Second-guessing if she is good enough compared to the other two. Don't want to play it safe.

Beyonce I Was Here

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:48 PM
Bruno - the perfect setting to showcase, extensions, lines, musicality, you were a gem.

Carrie Ann. Took such humungous risk. Jackpot.

Len. When the passion is too much to talk sing, when too much to sing dance. It was wonderful. Almost speechless.

Scores.

10 - 10 - 10 - 30/30 - 60/60 Len wishes he had an 11

Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 09:52 PM
Well, Len, you wouldn't HAVE to wish you had an eleven if you hadn't WASTED your 10s on imperfection earlier now, would ya?!

ANYway - that was beautiful! As much as I love Shawn, I would so love to see Tony's face if he & Melissa win!

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-26-12 at 10:49 PM
As much as I love Shawn, I would so love to see Tony's face if he & Melissa win!

Yeah, I agree, Zookeeper. Melissa has a great ballroom presence and what a wonderful attitude, always a big smile. She was gorgeous out there. I was surprised at the contemporary dance out there though. I tend to like the ones that get the crowd going, like Cheryl and Drew's "Ride a cowboy", and Elio and Julianne's. The contemporary seemed like it was all lifts and positions rather than dancing. But, what the heck do I know!

Posted by JessicaRN on 11-27-12 at 00:31 AM
I would be good if they won also. Tony is due, and they are both so likable and dance so well together. No drama, no sho-mance, danced through injuries with no excuses...OK, I guess I just realized that I want them to win!

Posted by redheaded_sweetheart on 11-27-12 at 01:48 AM
I'm pulling for them too!

"Shawn and Derek"
Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:56 PM
Go to break. Derek doing the rhythmic gymnastic ribbon thing, McKayla is not impressed.

She is never going to be allowed to stop doing that face is she?

No idea, but circusy music.

Posted by Snidget on 11-26-12 at 09:59 PM
Wrap up the hug fest says Tom. He's gotta show to end.

Carrie Ann. Super sensational. Incredible. Been doing free styles the whole season, did not disappoint.

Len. This was totally unexpected. Medley of Derek and Shawn's greatest hits. Gold medal performance.

Bruno. Fierce Flawless Brilliance, crowning glory.

Up for scores.

Dance Center tomorrow.

Scores 10 - 10 - 10 - 30/30 57/60

Music and dance style picked live tomorrow for the final round.

Posted by SquidProQuo on 11-26-12 at 11:07 PM
I thought it was a little unfair that she was able to bring in the Fab 5. Too much gymnastics.

I'm hoping Tony gets his first win!

Posted by samboohoo on 11-27-12 at 11:02 AM
Agree.

Posted by Nuume on 11-27-12 at 07:59 PM
I actually thought this one incorporated much more/better dance than her first freestyle in her season . It also had a lot of straight gymnastics, but the majority was pure dancing with some tricks thrown in. I really enjoyed it.

Posted by zookeepertx on 11-26-12 at 10:02 PM
Wow, I didn't enjoy that as much as I expected. It was pretty cool to have the Fab/Fierce Five there with them, though. And that "stand on his shoulders while he leans slowly forward to tip you onto the floor" was a really gutsy move!

Posted by samboohoo on 11-26-12 at 10:19 PM
Melissa: Great!

Kelly: Pretty Good!

Shawn: Blah. It's not freaking gymnastics. It's dance. So over her.