URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8316
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S30 | Social Media Spoiling and Speculation"

Posted by tribephyl on 02-27-15 at 03:35 AM
Social Media Spoiling and Speculation

We shouldn't take cues from these people involved but we can't help ourselves.
In a dangerous game of FOMO, we NEED to know. So finding out if someone came back multiple pounds lighter, or so-n-so hung out with so-n-so, or someone else posted a tweet early, might have some sort of inter-game related symbolism, then this is the thread for you.
I doubt there is actually enough interested members that frequent here to span the social-galaxy, so every last crumb of evidence gets relayed, with insightful conjecture added. Alas, I do think that what these peeps do in their "off-time" is somewhat humorous and sometimes insightful.
Immediately below follows a condensed listing of Twitter and Instagram address for the cast.
Use them to follow (or stalk) our cast members and then try to read between the lines.
Let us know if anything usable gets dropped.

@Twitter
Carolyn
Joaquin
Max
Shirin
So
Tyler
Dan
Kelly
Lindsey
Mike
Rodney
Sierra
Hali
Jenn
Joe
Nina

@Instagram
Joaquin
Max
Shirin
So
Tyler
Rodney
Sierra
Jenn
Nina

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"PreShow and Premiere Party "
Posted by tribephyl on 02-27-15 at 03:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-15 AT 03:39 AM (EST)

Max, Tyler, Joaquin (Feb 27)

Max took this pic of Malcolm watching the premiere episode

Malcolm posted this pic with regards to So stating: "#Survivor didn't go well for @So_Kim, but I swear she's f*cking awesome"

Mike, So, Dan, Tyler and Nina

Tyler, Max, Dan, Mike and Joe

Joe and Mike in Santa Susana, CA (Feb25)

Dan at Tyler's (Feb 25)

From So to Tyler:

Mike, Dan, Tyler Disc-Golfing

Mike, Shirin, Carolyn, So, Nina, Tyler and Max (Feb 16)

Notes:
*Mike is recently following Joe's sisters.

"RE: PreShow and Premiere Party "
Posted by suzzee on 02-27-15 at 11:41 AM
It looks like So is at Tyler's along with Dan, her picture to Tyler looks like it's the same house.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 02-27-15 at 11:42 AM
Thanks for posting, these are fun! They look like a very fun group!

Seriously, Joe had to have been cast as the Malcolm wannabe....look at the resemblance...OMG....

Posted by Agman2 on 03-02-15 at 03:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-15 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

Ah So still thinks she's number 1

"RE: S30 | Social Media Spoiling and Speculation"
Posted by Outsider32 on 03-01-15 at 06:06 PM
I can't help but get the sense these people are just too appreciative of getting to play that they are not gonna take beatable people to the end. There is no way I would ever get along with Joaquin or Rodney.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-02-15 at 12:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-15 AT 02:41 PM (EST)

You'd never do well in the game, then. The game isn't about whether you like people, but whether you can get them on your side long enough to outlast them. I don't plan on liking people if I ever make it onto 'Survivor'.

(You'd find that in this forum we don't care about personality flaws or what they're like - we're here to spoil the show and figure out who might be going further or be booted next. There are other places to express your feelings and/or judgments on each contestant, such as here in the Bashers forum or in the Fanatics forum. You'd get an audience for your feelings about Max dropping trou, liking/hating Joaquin or Rodney, and contestants talking about their sex lives, etc., as there are others who also have pretty strong feelings about certain contestants.)

"Dan's Paley Center Exhibit Photos"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-02-15 at 08:18 PM
Dan posted a bunch of photos from the Survivor 30 cast visit to the Survivor Exhibit at the Paley Center

Two of my favorite photos Dan posted:

"RE: Dan's Paley Center Exhibit Photos"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-02-15 at 08:25 PM
FYI: The 4 S30 cast members that do NOT appear in any photos are:
  1. Joaquin (White Collar) from Valley Stream, NY
  2. Lindsey (Blue Collar) from College Park, FL
  3. Rodney (Blue Collar) from Boston, MA
  4. Will (No Collar) from Sherman Oaks, CA
Not really significant as 3 are from the East Coast and they may have had prior commitments.

"RE: Dan's Paley Center Exhibit Photos"
Posted by Sheldor on 03-02-15 at 10:01 PM
Nina's photo with 17 of 18 cast members (only Lindsey missing)

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 03-16-15 at 01:50 AM
No spoiler info here, but dayum... Mike just got a new fan.

Mike Holloway ‏@ucantdothat121
@russellhantz thought you were done with Survivor and social media! Guess were not that lucky! 1 out of 2 ain't bad

Posted by suzzee on 03-16-15 at 10:20 AM
BURN!

Posted by CTgirl on 03-16-15 at 01:27 PM
Mike has a good sense of humor - I hope we see it after the swap!

Last week Kelley Wentworth tweeted from a Caribbean vacation:

@KelleyWentworth - I got my toes in the water, ##### in the sand
Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand Life is good today.

Mike @ucantdothat121 answered
@kelleywentworth @farmguy69 um could u please get me some fire wood THANK YOU

"Blue Tribe reunion"
Posted by CTgirl on 03-20-15 at 12:37 PM
Tyler, Sierra and Mike are in Maine visiting Dan. Both Tyler and Sierra posted pics on Instagram. Could be the alliance that survives from the nuBlue tribe. (I can't learn the tribe names!)

This is pretty funny

"RE: Blue Tribe reunion"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 03-20-15 at 01:11 PM
Tyler is becoming more and more of a player to watch, imo...

"How things are shaping up"
Posted by Outsider32 on 03-21-15 at 08:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-21-15 AT 08:45 PM (EST)

So far we can say social media's early pics before the cast release assessment has indeed been indicative of alliances. We are about to see Joaquin and Rodney. And Hali, Jenn, and Joe have been tight from the start. Mike and Sierra are close and Mike is close with the young NCs. But Shirin........this is why she can't be gone next. She and Jenn are too close.

I'll say this it appears that Mike, Joe, Dan will be one side one side and Rodney, Joaquin, Tyler will be another. Who is Sierra with? I see either Sierra or Dan leaving if Escameca loses. Rodney will sell Dan to get Sierra to vote with them for this one round. Or the guys all agree to get out Sierra.

If Nagarote loses, Shirin is the target but its not possible. That would mean Jenn didn't get close enough with her. Something big is about to happen here and its why Carolyn needs to be careful. I think its possible Hali could even go this episode if Will wants to break up Jenn and Hali. But for that to happen Shirin has to be kept in the dark. To me if this tribe loses the most likely to go is Carolyn or Kelly.

If Carolyn goes, thats a crucial number for the other alliance that is gone. If Dan is gone, then its not a big deal.

Jenn, Hali, and Joe are looking to have the numbers at the merge. Mike is gonna move from the Joaquin and Rodney tandem and take Sierra with him and reunite with Kelly and with Mike's apparent closeness with Joe the six align together. With Will as the tagalong in their eyes and Shirin now tightly bonded with them. If Dan is still there he's in that group. If Carolyn is still there she will make it known she's going to the other side.

Without Carolyn, its a nine person alliance against Joaquin, Tyler, and Rodney.

But remember, Will knows he's not in a win-win situation with the no collars so he very well could flip and also remember Joe proposed a split vote on Nina and Vince to flush out an idol if Nina had it. They would be dumb to try that again if Carolyn is still there because it's a 7-5 advantage team Joe but with a vote split giving team Tyler a 5-4-3 advantage on the first vote.

I am calling these alliances
If Carolyn's out next
Jenn, Joe, Hali, Will, Mike, Dan, Sierra, Shirin, and Kelly

Tyler, Joaquin, and Rodney

If Kelly is out next
The same group minus Kelly and Will
The same group plus Carolyn and Will

If Dan is out next
The same group minus Dan and Will

If Sierra is out next
The same group minus Sierra and Will

"RE: How things are shaping up"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-22-15 at 01:02 AM
I congratulate you. Many times I feel I go tangental and perhaps go too deep inside my own head, and really what you've said above, while only somewhat vague, really does follow the pattern my brain wants to work within.
I've had countless "interior conversations" and frankly this sounds very much like experiencing your thought processees all diarrhead and diaried for ...well, for everyone.
You've got balls, outsider. I usually hit the reset button before posting posts of such stream of consciousness.

Like I probably should have done with this post here.

"RE: How things are shaping up"
Posted by Outsider32 on 03-22-15 at 07:54 PM
It was not that hard. I just broke down those sm pics I saw before the season started and basically from what I am already seeing on the show and just summed up stuff. Not that it's going to turn out that way but thats how I am seeing the alliances.

"Merge tribe COLOR"
Posted by tribephyl on 03-22-15 at 00:55 AM

Found this on the interwebs. Cannot verify it's origins... just yet. But kinda makes sense. Blue and red make... everybody?

"RE: Merge tribe COLOR"
Posted by michel2 on 03-22-15 at 02:10 AM
"Blue and red make..."

Smoke on the Water.

Posted by Georganna on 03-23-15 at 04:35 AM
I wonder if it is possible that the extraordinary cast-wide postgame social interactions of this group might be the result of an extraordinary 'twist' (as promised):

If perhaps its individuals were together as game participants for all of the thiry-nine days of filming either as still-active players - or - as members of a Jury that began with the first boot and observed each new Tribal Council as it happened.

A twist revealed at the first post-merge Tribal as Juror #7 joined its ranks.

I mean, there has to be some reason that they became - and remain - so engaged/connected. And it is a dynamic that would - to some degree - address the 'A vacation looks awfully good about now ...' virus.

G

Posted by suzzee on 03-23-15 at 12:58 PM
Or perhaps this is the dynamic we get with first time players. Returning players have already had their bonding season and have been through the fame game so aren't as interested in keeping ties with their second or third seasons cast.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by Agman2 on 03-23-15 at 01:10 PM
Except, even in previous seasons with first time players, you never saw pictures of bonding like that!

Posted by Georganna on 03-23-15 at 03:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-15 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

Exactly, Agman!

In fact, evidence of 'bonding' as the result of common experience - or of its absence - has always been a staple in spoiling boot orders:

'Were they together on vacation/at Ponderosa?' 'For how long?'.

Too, although I'm sure that there have been several more subtly executed, unpublicized pre-jury 'withdrawals' from the Game than we will ever know, Julie's very obvious exit-of-convenience had to have been a pretty bitter pill for production to swallow. And the spector of a trend even more unsettling.

Note: Jeff Probst is a Scorpio. And Scorpio have a tendency to think the worst and assume the catastrophic ...

So, while I'm not at all certain about the whole 'augmented jury' theory, I do think that there was a pretty fundamental change in the Game's structure that brought about this suddenly universal comaraderie.

That, or Max has been a far more effective 'mastermind' out of the Game than he ever was in it.

G

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-03-15 at 07:40 AM
So a friend of a friend knows Joe! He posted this pic on social media. It's from last night in Arizona. Joe had a viewing party. Seen in the picture are Joe, Sierra, Mike, Tyler, Jenn, and some bald dude not related to the show....

What do you think we can take out of these pics, if anything?

Joe and Mike seem to be great friends, and Tyler too!

Posted by CTgirl on 04-03-15 at 09:14 AM
Tyler, Mike and Sierra are really good friends - they've been to Maine to visit Dan and now they are here in Arizona. (Which makes me wonder if the twist this year is the first person to spend a million, wins a million! )

Also Joe and Jenn are dating.

So does Mike's alliance make it to the end or do they all bond at Ponderosa?! Regardless, this is an exceptionally close cast that seems to be able to leave the game behind when it's over.

Posted by SuperGr0ver on 04-13-15 at 11:54 AM
Not sure where to post this question, so attempting to here. Have any of the posters been on the show or know someone who has. Just wondering how the finale works. Sierra's family lives across the street from my parents. My mom had never watched a day of Survivor in her life, but when I told her Sierra is on, she's been watching. She was talking to Sierra's mom who was excited about flying to the finale. The show is paying to fly Sierra's whole family to the finale. I was like "The show's paying for all of them? Maybe she makes it to the end." My mom said she had the same thought, even though Shauna (Sierra's mom) quickly said that "they do that for all the contestant's families" but my mom wondered if she just said that to cover up because she let something slip she wasn't supposed to.

P.S. Hi, I'm a long time lurker. I've watched Survivor since Season 4 when Neleh from Utah was on.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-13-15 at 08:49 PM
Welcome to posting at Blows, SuperGrOver! Hope now that you've crossed over to the dark side ( ), you will stay a while and post away!

What a great question to ponder! I will try and find out, but I don't know anyone or their families that have made it onto the show. But, it would be a great spoiler if it pans out that only the F3 have their families flown in!

Posted by Georganna on 04-14-15 at 01:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-15 AT 02:24 AM (EST)

So, it would seem that Max was issued six admissions for the Finale.

And, while it's true that he now lives in Southern California, he is originally from Orange, Connecticut. However, I have no idea if any of his immediate family members still live on the East Coast and would require flights in order to attend the show.

G

Posted by tribephyl on 04-14-15 at 02:55 PM
Welcome out of lurkdom, SuperGr0ver. Glad to have you aboard. And as FloPo noted, I hope this becomes a regular feature of yours.

Now as to the conundrum at hand...
I am NOT friends with any past survivor. However, I can certainly remember seeing family members of castaways (outside of the finalists) being present at the finale.
Colton's family, for instance, was on hand at the One World finale and Colton was no where near the F3/F5. Granted, he was a "character" during One World that needed to be confronted at the reunion. And getting his parental units to speak their mind was too much to pass up on. The Wentworth family was there but neither Dale nor Kelly got into the finals. etc.

IOW, I feel pretty confident EVERY survivor is allowed to bring up to 6 people to the finale.

Posted by Georganna on 04-14-15 at 03:58 PM
SG: My mom had never watched a day of Survivor in her life, but when I told her Sierra is on, she's been watching. She was talking to Sierra's mom who was excited about flying to the finale. The show is paying to fly Sierra's whole family to the finale. I was like "The show's paying for all of them? Maybe she makes it to the end."

Tribe: IOW, I feel pretty confident EVERY survivor is allowed to bring up to 6 people to the finale.

Hi!

Yes. If nothing else does, Max's tweet confirms what you've said. But, I think SG's point was that CBS is funding Sierra's family's flights to the Finale.

And (in Colton, particularly) you've offered a great example of a non-F3 player whose in-game behavior would warrant that investment by the show. And certainly any six-member group of family and/or friends living from a few to thousands of miles from LA (a vacation mecca in its own right) with the resources to pay their own travel expenses could be in the audience that night, VIP passes in hand.

But, I do think that we're still left with the question: 'Would the show pick up the tab for the flights of up to (or, perhaps, more than) 108 people as a matter of course: because CBS does this for every contestant's family?'

And I really do think that the answer is 'No'.

G

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-14-15 at 05:31 PM
I tend to agree.

If Max is willing to give away one of his tickets, I think it's safe to say that it doesn't include transportation. If transportation was included, CBS wouldn't be okay with giving it away to strangers.

Posted by Georganna on 04-14-15 at 06:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-15 AT 06:30 PM (EST)

Pepe ...

And I tend to agree...

But ... I should have made it clear in my original post that Max's 'offer' was made in jest and that he has emphatically said that he has no intention of giving away any one of his six tickets. You can find all of the back and forth on the subject here. Scroll to April 10th.

I apologize.

But there is no indication anywhere in the conversations that Max - even in jest - was ever referring to anything other than 'tickets' (admissions to an event).

And I think that it's fair to say (as Tribe did) that most probably each of the contestants was offered a 'base' unit of six tickets to the Finale for the use of his/her guests. And I also think, as Tribe said, that there is certainly evidence that more generous CBS-financed family-and-friends Finale Excursion Packages have been made available to the Final Two/Three and/or other of a Season's standout characters in the past.

So, given that Sierra has yet to morph into an otherwise 'standout character', if the information from SG's sources is accurate, I'm left to believe that she may well be one of Worlds Apart's Final Three.

G

Posted by Sheldor on 04-14-15 at 07:30 PM
All players also receive an additional $10,000 for their appearance on the reunion show. Perhaps Sierra purchased tickets for her family from the $10K she gets paid by CBS and her family interpreted that to mean CBS paid for their plane tickets.

Posted by Georganna on 04-14-15 at 10:28 PM
Sheldor,

That's certainly possible. In fact, there are limitless misunderstandings/misinterpretations/inaccuracies that would make the information useless.

But, if CBS has, indeed, agreed to foot the bill for flying all of Sierra's family to Los Angeles for the Finale, I really don't think that it is something that they've agreed to do for all of this Season's families:

If accurate, Sierra's mother's attempt to explain away the perk as a norm for every Surivor player just doesn't seem plausible.

G

Posted by Sheldor on 06-11-15 at 05:27 PM
Circling back to this topic...

Well Sierra did not make the Final 3 however she did make the Final 5. I seriously doubt CBS would do anything special for the 5th place person although that person is part of the finale episode.

Every contestant gets 6 tickets for the Finale which they are NOT supposed to sell or give away; it is for their Family or Friends. I believe CBS only pays for the flight and hotel room for the contestant but they also do get $10,000 to appear on the reunion which should cover flying 6 family members to LA and their hotel room.

I remember Allie Pohevitz's FB rant about the Caramoan reunion where she said: "There were 8 of us in the audience who flew out 6 family members a piece, made them pay money for hotel rooms which were not cheap. "