URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8305
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"JP says..."

Posted by tribephyl on 01-22-15 at 06:36 PM
A compendium of JP quotes, interviews, articles and tweets, pertaining to Worlds Apart.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"The Twist..."
Posted by tribephyl on 01-22-15 at 06:41 PM
JP and game designers do their best to...Encourage the lies.

Our big twist out of the gate hinges on one change in the game. We’ve often done something where we say, “Pick one person to make a decision on behalf of your tribe.” That’s worked well. The nice thing about having one person is that no one knows your lie. So, what we’re saying is you have to share your lie. Two people have to decide whether or not to deceive the tribe. And now you’re linked with them. If you lie, they know your lie and you know theirs. What do you do? Do you get rid of them because they know or are you linked with them to the end? And part of the lie is a clue to an idol. Who gets it?

"RE: The Twist..."
Posted by Estee on 01-23-15 at 08:48 AM
We’ve often done something where we say, “Pick one person to make a decision on behalf of your tribe.” That’s worked well.

To get that person voted out.

The nice thing about having one person is that no one knows your lie.

But everyone else knows to vote that person out.

Two people have to decide whether or not to deceive the tribe.

And everyone else decides to vote them out.

And part of the lie is a clue to an idol. Who gets it?

The one who'll sell out the information on the other not having the idol, and so get voted out second.

I speak Jeff. Fluently.

"RE: The Twist..."
Posted by Agman2 on 01-23-15 at 11:52 AM
Every one of Jeff's quotes there are untrue!

This is the truth and I'm not lying!

"JP's first impressions"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-06-15 at 01:30 AM
xfinity link

JP's Pre-Season Favorites are Hali and Vince on No Collar. Mike and Rodney on Blue Collar. Joaquin and So on White Collar.
Peeps who don't stand a chance, from his perspective, are Nina, Tyler and Dan.

"More from Jiffy"
Posted by suzzee on 02-06-15 at 11:15 AM
Jiffy

Another xfinity interview with Jiffy, twist is the tribe categories and No Tyler Perry Idol this seasonl.

I should be watched....closely.

"RE: More from Jiffy"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-06-15 at 11:11 PM
I don't think we have lime helmets in Spoilers. but here goes anyways...

"JP explains why ... "
Posted by tribephyl on 02-12-15 at 11:44 PM
... 3 is better than 2.
Tribes, that is.

"Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season"
Posted by Sheldor on 02-16-15 at 07:01 PM
'Survivor: Worlds Apart': Jeff Probst gives exclusive intel on NEXT season
Posted December 17 2014 — 10:55 PM EST
http://www.ew.com/article/2014/12/17/survivor-worlds-apart-jeff-probst

Paragraph 3:
The twist brings to mind last spring’s Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty battle of Survivor: Cagayan, which turned out to be one of the show’s best seasons ever. According to Probst, this one—which was filmed in Nicaragua last summer—could top it. “Person for person and pound for pound, I will say that this is the best group of people I think we’ve ever had,” says Probst. “That doesn’t mean there aren’t duds in the cast, but if you just had to take one entire group of people, I love this group. And I don’t often come up front anymore and say I really like a season because I know that that’s very biased and it’s my own opinion. But just my own Jeff Probst opinion—I have not seen a second of footage cut yet. Just based on my experience, this was one of my favorite seasons of all time.”

Paragraph 6 (last paragraph)
But that’s not all. Probst also teases that the White/Blue/No Collar designations will not be the only new twist in Survivor: Worlds Apart. “We have a new advantage in the game,” he says. “Something we’ve toyed with for a long time and decided to do it this year, and it plays out great. I’ll leave it at that for now.”

"Parade.com JP Interview"
Posted by Sheldor on 02-23-15 at 08:15 PM
Jeff Probst Digs Deep Into Survivor: Worlds Apart, The 30th Season Of The Hit Reality Series
February 23, 2015 – 2:21 PM
By Josh Wigler

http://parade.com/377745/joshwigler/jeff-probst-digs-deep-into-survivor-worlds-apart-the-30th-season-of-the-hit-reality-series/

"RE: Parade.com JP Interview"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-24-15 at 01:16 AM
some interesting tidbits...

Wigler: But there’s another twist I’ve seen you talk about, too…

JP: Yeah, there is another twist. Something we’ve played around with for quite a while, but didn’t feel it was appropriate yet for the show. This season, we decided these people could handle it. So there is a new twist, and no one is going to see it coming. It plays out beautifully. Everything you would hope a twist would bring you, it brings you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wigler: Let’s start with the Class Clown.

Ha! That’s a good one. Let me think for a sec, because there are a couple of good choices. I’m going with an odd choice, but for the Class Clown, I’m going to go with Rodney, who some people will say, after seeing him play, “Class Clown?” I think Rodney’s intention was to be funny, jovial, light-hearted. I’m not sure he achieved that, but I think he was going for it.

There’s another guy vying for Class Clown honors, and that would be Dan, also from the Blue Collar tribe. I’m not sure he achieved it. I think both guys had different approaches, but with the same goal: Bring some fun to camp.

Wigler: How about Best Hair? Is it even a contest when you have Vince Sly on your season?

Best Hair? Yes, it is a contest. It’s between Vince and Joe, both No Collars. What’s interesting is, both of those guys are adversaries from the beginning. One is envious of the other. It’s interesting that you asked that question, because it really is a great way to categorize their relationship. You could call it a “Battle of the Hair,” and it’s a pretty decent metaphor for what goes down between them.

Wigler: Who is the Biggest Flirt?

Well… I think Mike does a pretty good job of flirting. I think Jenn from No Collar does a good job of flirting by being an anti-flirt. She appears to care not at all what anybody thinks, which is oddly appealing. It draws you in. I would put those two as the flirts.

I would assume this next one goes to someone on White Collar, but maybe not: Who is Most Likely to Become President?

That’s another good one. Most likely to become President… I’m thinking through the names. Who is the most diplomatic? I would say Tyler, from White Collar. And you know what’s interesting again about your question is, the reason I’d give it to Tyler is that he’s a bit of an outlier on the White Collar tribe. I think that might have to do with the fact that he survived being an assistant to a talent agent, so he literally lived through the darkest chasm you can go through, the darkest hole, and came out of it alive. As a result, though he’s still White Collar, he’s got a little bit of, “You know? It’s not that bad. We can get through it.” He has a little bit of No Collar in him. That might make him the best candidate for President.

Wigler: Who out of this cast will leave Survivor and win a Nobel Prize?

Hali. She’s a No Collar who is getting into the criminal justice system, not because she has White Collar tendencies. She’s getting in because she wants to go in and blow up the established rules of the criminal justice system, so she can help the underserved. That’s a woman who goes on to win a Nobel Peace Prize.

Wigler: There are no cars on Survivor — well, not anymore — but who would have the Best Car of this crew?

Oh, yeah, I think that’s gotta go to Rodney. I think Rodney is a guy who, if he drives — and he’s from Boston, so I’m not sure that he drives — but he’s the guy who would have a truck with the wheels a little too big, and the muffler a little too loud, maybe a gun rack in the back, and then he’d tell you about how he’s all about peace and love and he loves his mom.

Wigler: How about Most Likely to Succeed? Go back to your first time looking at these contestants. Sight unseen, who was your pick to win it?

My guess in the beginning would have been Mike. He’s from Texas, he works in the oil fields, he has the gift of gab, he is incredibly enthusiastic, and has a lot of gusto. He can push it too far and annoy you, but he’s pretty good at recovering. I think he’s not afraid to pull a fast one. So, going in? I’d say Mike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wigler: When the dust settles on Worlds Apart, what kind of conversation are we having about the winner?

I think you’re right, that it’s with an asterisk — we have to see how it all plays out — but it would not surprise me if the winner of Season 30 became one of the favorite winners of all time. I do think when this season is over, the audience will feel that whoever has won has absolutely earned it, and this is a very good season of Survivor played very hard by very good players. That’s why I like this group. They play. There is no monkeying around. There won’t be anyone saying, “Well, there wasn’t really any strategy this year…” No. There’s strategy from the get go.

"Xfinity Gordon Holmes Strategy Roundtable"
Posted by Sheldor on 02-25-15 at 03:56 PM
Xfinity Gordon Holmes:

What if “Survivor” host Jeff Probst, “Survivor: Micronesia” champion Parvati Shallow, and some other random dude played with the “Worlds Apart” cast?

‘Survivor’ Strategy Roundtable: Jeff Probst, Parvati Shallow Take on the No-Collars
February 18, 2015 at 3:30 PM

‘Survivor’ Strategy Roundtable: Jeff Probst, Parvati Shallow Take on the Blue-Collars
February 19, 2015 at 2:59 PM

‘Survivor’ Strategy Roundtable: Jeff Probst, Parvati Shallow Take on the White-Collars
February 20, 2015 at 2:21 PM

"Jeff Probst reveals the Worlds Apart players to keep an eye on"
Posted by Sheldor on 02-25-15 at 04:10 PM
Survivor host Jeff Probst reveals the Worlds Apart players to keep an eye on
Posted February 20 2015 — 5:37 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/20/survivor-host-jeff-probst-reveals-worlds-apart-players-keep-eye

To say that Jeff Probst is a fan of the group of 18 contestants we are about to meet on Survivor: Worlds Apart (which premieres Wednesday on CBS) would be an understatement. He doesn’t just like them; he thinks they may comprise the show’s best cast…ever. “Person for person and pound for pound, I will say that this is the best group of people I think we’ve ever had,” the host told us back in December. “Just based on my experience, this was one of my favorite seasons of all time.” High praise, indeed. So it should be no surprise that when we asked Probst to name some of his favorites from this upcoming season, he picked out over half the cast. Here’s the intel on some of the players (divided by tribe) to keep a eye on, delivered straight from the Hostmaster General.

WHITE COLLAR TRIBE

MAX
“Max is a true Survivor fan, to the point that he taught a college course on Survivor and has met a lot of Survivors and has had them speak at his class and participate. I love having a guy like him on the show because he knows the show so well that he may know it better than I do. And I really like that. And he’s a very bright guy. He’s a great interview. He has a very good sense of the history of Survivor so he’s a guy that can tell you, ‘Listen, if you look at the number of people that stood up and offered to be a leader, 70 percent of them were voted out in the first three episodes.’ So he has that encyclopedia of knowledge to draw on. And I really like having him on the show.”

SHIRIN
“Shirin is a Yahoo exec. Big career and another super fan. SUPER fan—underlined. She knows the game. And it comes into play. Her knowledge of the game and what is going to happen impacts the game. She tells certain people at certain times, ‘This is what we should do because this is what is going to happen.’ And we’ve never had anyone quite like that before. Obviously people that play the game tend to know the game for the most part, but Shirin has the combination of being very bright and being a very good student of the game and those two together made her an interesting and very unique player this season.”

BLUE COLLAR TRIBE

DAN
“Dan works for the Unites States Postal Service. He’s also a big fan of the game and has wanted to be on since, I think, the premiere. Dan has big opinions. I think people are going to misjudge him or prejudge him based on his size and age, but he is a Blue Collar. And that means something. It means he’s not afraid of hard work, and he is not afraid to get dirty, and he is not afraid to speak his mind. And that’s one of the most interesting elements this season is watching these three different groups play against each other, because they are different. Shirin is very different from Dan, and Max is very different from Mike, another Blue Collar. So Dan I think is going to be a guy people at first might say ‘Early out.’ But if he can live up to the gusto that he presents, he might surprise people.”

MIKE
“Mike is an oil driller. I would say Mike is in many ways the personification of a Blue Collar. He gets out every day and he gets dirty. He comes home at the end of the day and he cracks a beer and says, ‘I worked hard. I deserve this beer.’ And I love that kind of a guy. I think what Survivor has always been is about those kind of people. They’re the people that watch our show and they’re the people that drive our country and I bet if we looked at the amount of winners I wonder how many would be White Collar, how many have been Blue Collar and how many have been No Collar.”

SIERRA
“We also have a rodeo barrel racer. A pro barrel racer. Really beautiful, tall, she’s like 6-feet-tall, and clearly gifted as an athlete. But again, you look at the kind of work she does—she is her own company. She drives her truck with her horse to the rodeo. She gets everything ready. Then she rides in the rodeo. Then she gets everything loaded up and she drives to the next one. And if she gets a flat, she changes it. How can you not like a girl like that? It’s awesome.”

LINDSEY
“Lindsey is single mom hairdresser. Really interesting story about a point in her life where she was an employee and was given this opportunity to step up and take over a leadership role in the beauty salon, and she did, and what that did for her. She is a girl that when you look at her you think No Collar because she has tats everywhere. She’s tatted her face and she is just a beautiful woman. But when you talk to her you realize she is not a No Collar. She is absolutely Blue Collar. This is a girl who works hard every day and she’s doing a job that is so hard to do, which is raising a child on your own while having a career. And she speaks in the first few minutes in a way that makes you understand what Blue Collars are all about. There’s no question after three minutes in this show who is who and why are they here.”

NO COLLAR TRIBE

VINCE
“We have Vince, who literally sells coconuts down on Venice beach. He wears feathers in his hair. He couldn’t care less about your rules or your established ideas. He wants to live his life the way he sees fit for him, which is seeking the truth in any given moment. And that is how he plays this game. He’s not going to conform so that you like him better or to seem less weird. ‘This is me, and if you think I’m weird then maybe I think you’re weird.’”

JENN
“She works on sailboats. Jenn is another perfect example of a No Collar. She’s a twentysomething girl who likes to have fun with life and so she’s going to make whatever her job or her career or where she makes her money—she’s going to make that fun as well. She’s not going to sit in a cubicle and listen to someone next her drone on about what she’s supposed to do. She’s going to find a way to make a living on a boat, or making jewelry, or whatever it is that she’s into at the moment and her passion at the moment.”

JOE
“There’s another guy on the No Collar tribe named Joe who’s an athlete, a jewelry maker, a bartender—I think kids are going to love him. He’s kind of in the vein of Malcolm and Ozzy and Woo—that guy that at first glance you’re like, ‘Maybe he smoked a little too much pot.’ But then you start talking to him and you’re like, ‘Nope, he’s actually super bright, extremely athletic, and a big threat.’ And his biggest problem is going to be the fact that once you get to know him you’re gonna be like, ‘Oh this guy could absolutely win this game and therefore we must get rid of him as soon as possible.’”

HALI
“Hali wants to be a criminal defense attorney, and when you look at Hali’s credentials—law school, crime—you think White Collar. She’s going to be a lawyer. But when you talk to Hali, what you find out is, she’s getting into the establishment to break the rules. She wants to change the way the underprivileged are dealt with. And she feels the only way to do it is to get into the system to blow the system up. That’s a No Collar.”

NINA
“Nina is really interesting because Nina spent most of her life as a White Collar, and when she lost her hearing suddenly it was a dramatic life shift and it changed her priorities. She became more concerned about speaking out and sharing information about the cochlear implants and that you can have a life even though you’ve lost your hearing. And so she became a No Collar, but she’s new to No Collar. And her first days were really interesting and tough for her because the No Collars are a little more laid back. They’re not so worried about building the shelter right this minute—but we’ll get to it in the next couple of days.

And then on top of that she’s the oldest one on her tribe. And on top of that, she has this hearing issue that makes it very difficult because Survivor is a game about nuanced conversations and often it’s whispers in the brush, and if you don’t hear somebody, you don’t know what’s happening. It’s hard enough when your hearing is sound, but when you add this additional obstacle for Nina, it became very difficult. And the challenge for her was, how do I get people on my side to not exclude me but to include me and turn that into an advantage—turn what appears to be an obstacle into something that could actually help me.”

"tvjunkies interview"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-25-15 at 07:11 PM
For the... Full Interview where he talks about favorites and these tidbits...

TTVJ: Before we wrap, can you give us some of your standouts for the upcoming season that we should keep an eye on?

JP: In the white collar tribe, there is a woman Shirin Oskooi who was a Yahoo! executive, a big job. She’s 100 per cent a white collar in that she had people who worked for her, is used to establishing rules and she happens to be a massive Survivor super fan. She knows the game so well she actually ends up impacting the game because of her knowledge. It’s almost a meta moment, at a certain point where her knowledge changes destiny. I think it will be very fun for Survivor fans to see that play out.

Then there’s Max Dawson, a former college professor who taught a course on Survivor. Another guy who has studied the game for years, he can tell you which astrological sign is most likely to win. This guy goes DEEP. Both embody the white collar spirit, which is they like being in charge, have a plan and to have people follow them.

On the Blue Collar tribe there’s this guy Dan Foley who has worked for the U.S. post office for 30 years. He’s one of the biggest characters we’ve ever had. He’s boisterous, opinionated … people will not forget him, maybe ever. He is a blue collar in that he is not afraid of hard work and he’s also not afraid to argue. He knows that blue collars work hard and play hard but are still loyal to their brothers and sisters. That’s what really sets the blue collar apart.

Another blue collar is Mike Holloway, he works in the oil fields. He’s got a great work ethic and life ethic. He comes from Texas and he symbolizes Middle America in that he wants to play this game with integrity with one asterisk — If integrity doesn’t work then he will do what it takes to get him to the next level.

A counter to him is Rodney Lavoie, who is from the streets of Boston. He’s East Coast all the way. He loves his mom, tragically lost his sister a few years ago. He has a big tattoo on his arm to remind him. Rodney doesn’t take any grief from anybody ever for anything and if you spark him he explodes.

One more on the Blue Collar, Sierra Thomas, who is a pro Barrel Racer. Another great example of someone who pulls their own weight. She literally drives her own truck, unloads loads, takes care of her own horse. Everything involved in barrel racing, which is basically a man’s sport. And she does it all alone. There’s no chance anybody works harder than Sierra. And she will be loyal to you if you are loyal to her.

Then on the No Collar tribe there’s this guy Vince Sly who literally wears feathers in his hair and sells coconuts down on Venice Beach in California. He is a free spirit who loves people, wants to connect desperately and that can be a really amazing thing but can also be really annoying.

Will Sims is a guy who was a YouTube sensation. He was getting gas in his car when a hidden camera from The Tonight Show popped up and convinced him to karaoke. He became an overnight star. A really likeable guy, who takes one day at a time.

One of my favourites is Hali Ford, who is a great example that your occupation does not define you, it’s your approach to life. What I mean by that is Hali is a law student who wants to be a criminal defence attorney, not because she is interested in the laws as they are. But wants to get into law to change the laws to serve those who are currently underserved. So that is a no collar approach to life. A woman who wants to go into the establishment and break it up so she can create a new paradigm that will change the way the world works. Mark Zuckerberg is a no collar. Anybody who says, ‘There’s a better way, or another way, or why don’t you look at it from this point of view,’ they are no collars. They are not bound by the restrictions of normal society. As a result sometimes amazing things happen.

"Post TC1"
Posted by tribephyl on 02-26-15 at 02:25 PM
JP gives some thoughts via a Post TC1 Interview.

Holmes: Tyler seems like he’s the conscience of this tribe. They treat him almost like he’s an innocent. Everyone seemed like they were yielding to him and trying to make him happy.
Probst: Surprised me. Not only have I never seen anything like that this soon in the game, I had Tyler completely wrong. I thought Tyler would be trying to get in with everybody else. I was completely off on him. Whatever he’s doing is working. They see him as some kind of moral compass. Maybe that’ll last another day, another 36 days. Who knows? He’s definitely one of the surprises. And it makes me happy because I’ve wanted him to be on the show for a while. He’s been through casting many times.

Holmes: Who gets voted out?
Probst: I think Joaquin needs to scramble fast. He’s got to work. And he’s at a disadvantage because he doesn’t know the game as well as other people. And at Tribal, he doesn’t speak so well for himself. I could barely hear him.
Holmes: He’s learning on the job.
Probst: If he can pick up the speed he’ll be OK. He’s a sharp guy. If I was him I’d go after Shirin, I’d leave Carolyn alone. But, at the end of Tribal, Max, Carolyn, and Shirin were all holding hands. So, who knows?

"Shirin"
Posted by Outsider32 on 04-14-15 at 00:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-15 AT 00:16 AM (EST)

I have been wondering about what Probst meant regarding Shirin's knowledge that influences the game. Could she figure out Carolyn has the idol?

"Re-evaluating Jiffy quotes mid game"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-14-15 at 01:35 PM
Since this thread was bumped, I decided to re-read it. Here are some of my thoughts regarding Probt's commentary now that the game is at mid-season.

First of all: the twist:

Probst also teases that the White/Blue/No Collar designations will not be the only new twist in Survivor: Worlds Apart. “We have a new advantage in the game,” he says. “Something we’ve toyed with for a long time and decided to do it this year, and it plays out great. I’ll leave it at that for now.”

Yeah, there is another twist. Something we’ve played around with for quite a while, but didn’t feel it was appropriate yet for the show. This season, we decided these people could handle it. So there is a new twist, and no one is going to see it coming. It plays out beautifully. Everything you would hope a twist would bring you, it brings you.

So, this twist is still yet to come. I have hope that Andy Baker via the TDT spec is dead on. A girl can hope. Would love to see something that enters the game that gives the designated pagongees hope to survive in the game.

Any other spec out there regarding this? I don't know if it will be that the votes are doubled from the one playing the special idol, but it could be.

Next, here is a Jiffy quote regarding the winner of this season:

we have to see how it all plays out — but it would not surprise me if the winner of Season 30 became one of the favorite winners of all time. I do think when this season is over, the audience will feel that whoever has won has absolutely earned it, and this is a very good season of Survivor played very hard by very good players. That’s why I like this group. They play. There is no monkeying around. There won’t be anyone saying, “Well, there wasn’t really any strategy this year…” No. There’s strategy from the get go.

So, now Jiffy is stating that this winner could be one of the favorite winners of all time! That this winner has earned it, playing in a season with very good players.

See, this is where it's interesting to me. Because as Michel notes in the editing thread that it seems to be a Mike vs. Joe season. Mike hasn't really had to work hard other than working hard to find the idol, which he did. But, I feel that if there is anyone that's had to work harder than everyone to pull out a win, it's Joe. Joe has always been someone's target, and apparently he's really not had numbers of any sort. In contrast, Mike has always had the numbers.

In the beginning of the season Mike was shown to be somewhat annoying, and bossy, getting on all of their nerves, while Joe was seen to be the "Ozzy-type" character, starting the fire, building the shelter, providing the food, and winning over the girls. All of which are painting a target on his back. It just seems to me that whatever twist is in store is bound to help the underdog, or the "pagongees". Something may just prevent a pagonging.

While a lot of folks are noting that the editing is favoring Mike as winner, I can't help but to entertain the fact that it could be editing Mike so much in order to hide another winner. Joe winning would be against all odds. Would a Joe win be the cherry on top of Jiffy's ice cream sundae?

"RE: Re-evaluating Jiffy quotes mid game"
Posted by Outsider32 on 04-15-15 at 05:57 PM
Mike would fit a all time favorite winner. He has worked hard so far and still has a ways to go. I don't think the story is Mike vs.Joe it's Mike vs.Rodney. The twist could save Mike. Think about if its the double vote twist, then that at f7 could force a 4-4 tie and would cause Carolyn and Tyler to flip and vote out probably Will or Tyler to flip and vote out Carolyn if Mike targets her over Will or Rodney. What if Mike won immunity at f7 and found this double vote idol?

Mike has worked hard, he was able to keep Sierra on his side, he was able to find the idol. There's still a lot of game left. Mike is not done yet.

Posted by coldbrewer on 04-20-15 at 03:51 PM
Just wanted to bump this...

So, for favorite winner of all time, it can't be:

Social outcasts: Rodney, Dan, or Shirin
Non-players: Will or Sierra
Not enough screen time (aka confessionals): Tyler
Perceived quitter: Jenn

...which leaves Mike or Carolyn. Favorite of all time? It has to be Mike. Right?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 04-20-15 at 04:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-15 AT 12:55 PM (EST)

Yep.

The only other person this "one of the favorite winners of all time" could have been applied to was the most recent bootee - Joe. A little tweak in the editing and Joe could easily have been one of the most liked Survivors of all time if he lasted to the end game.

ETA: Shirin is definitely a social outcast and it would take quite a bit of an editing turn around, but it wouldn't surprise me if a Shirin win would be regarded as a "great winner" for her come-from-behind, underdog story. Anything's possible from a Probstian viewpoint.

Posted by michel2 on 04-20-15 at 05:02 PM
I don't put much weight on Probstian (!) logic but Vee, Chris, Danni, Denise and even Natalie already did what Shirin would have to accomplish. For some reason, Probst didn't really like any of these stories. He LOVED it when Tom won. Same with Yul, JT, Boston Rob, etc...

Posted by CTgirl on 04-20-15 at 05:19 PM
Before the season started, from JP's pre-game gushing and the CBS videos, I decided that the only two Jiffy would love would be Joe and Mike. I would love to be surprised but Jeff is so predictable!!

Posted by __Corea on 04-21-15 at 01:28 AM
I keep thinking about Jeff's promotion of the season and I cannot reconcile Jeff loving a Mike win. From what I've read in interviews and watching his interactions on on the show, he does seem to really, really likes Shirin. Like everyone, I also think a Shirin win is far-fetched, but because she is a super fan, because of their interactions, and because it would be so unpredictable -- I am now on the Shirin train.

"Finally...the twist is here!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-21-15 at 07:32 AM
According to the EW.com article the twist is finally revealed here. Yes, it is obtained in the auction. No one gets to know what it is except the person that buys it. It is indeed a double vote. The holder can vote twice at TC anytime, but only once.

So, who will get it? My bet....Mike or Shirin. And, since Jiffy has already told us that it plays out in the best possible way, they will use it most likely at their boot episode to turn the tables on the ones that thought they were in control....F5? F7? Will the buyer of the 2 vote express pass win then?

"JP on misogyny"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-30-15 at 01:38 PM
JP discusses the rampant misogyny on S30

There is obviously a touch of bias in every editing decision you have to make about what to put in the show and what to leave out, but our primary goal is to always to reflect the 'essence' of their adventure.

"RE: JP on misogyny"
Posted by dabo on 04-30-15 at 11:14 PM
In Will’s case, I am curious if, upon reflection he will choose to publicly apologize to Shirin at the live Reunion show.

So we can expect it won't happen at FTC.

Posted by tribephyl on 05-01-15 at 00:38 AM
Phew!
At least we can pretty much be assured that Will doesn't make the finals.

Posted by Sheldor on 05-02-15 at 04:05 PM
"Nobody is ever happy when they see themselves in an unflattering light. We don’t want to see ourselves that way. But sometimes we say and do things that we wish we could take back. In Will’s case, I am curious if, upon reflection he will choose to publicly apologize to Shirin at the live Reunion show. "

tribephyl: "At least we can pretty much be assured that Will doesn't make the finals."

Hmm, I thought it is more likely that Will is in the Final 3 and does NOT apologize to Shirin who probably takes him to task in her jury speech.

FYI Here is what Monifa Sims tweeted and shared on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/WillandMonifa/posts/948991898466847
Will and Monifa shared Monifa Sims's post.
April 23 at 7:02am ·

To be continued. ...
Monifa Sims

Just watched Survivor. Can't wait till the live finale so the truth can be told... Just saying....‪#‎editingisreal‬
Like · Comment · Share

26 people like this.

Will and Monifa So great dialogue and awesome questions. All will be answered on the LIVE reunion show May 20. Will, can not comment on ANY social media outlet until then, and he will! You are MORE than welcome to continue this conversation on the Survivor Facebook page, but not here. Thanks so much for your support.~Monifa
Like · Reply · 2 · April 23 at 7:59pm

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-02-15 at 08:11 PM
I wouldn't take much stock in Monifa's words... of course she's going to support Will, no matter what he said. But it's also important to remember that Monifa was not there in Nicaragua, so she's only hearing Will's side of the story.

Re: "In Will’s case, I am curious if, upon reflection he will choose to publicly apologize to Shirin at the live Reunion show."

I don't think that this is indicative of whether Will makes it to F3 or not. If he were to be booted pretty soon, I don't see him seeking out Shirin to clear the air nor do I see Shirin wanting to open up some wounds so soon after having a few peaceful days with Joe/Hali/Jenn. And yes, if he makes F3, I fully expect Shirin to take him to task with her speech, but nothing is going to be resolved there, either. So, either way, Jiffy is going to ask the question to Will at the reunion and see where it goes.

Posted by michel2 on 05-01-15 at 02:48 AM
Only now Jeff realizes that there is a problem with this season?? It took him 11 episodes? How about when Dan said someone should slap Shirin? Or when he made those condescending remarks to Lindsey and Sierra? Or when Rodney said that women should be held to higher standards? Or when the edit gave the OK to Max when he went nude but made it abundantly clear that we should laugh at Shirin for doing the same?

Posted by suzzee on 05-01-15 at 01:51 PM
I think Jeff would have to be an idiot not to realize how this season is coming off. I think he started spinning it as soon as the first episode was shoveled off the editing floor. If you say something enough, a certain percentage of people will agree with him despite the nausea they feel. We kept hoping for that outstanding season he hyped, it just doesn't seem that his hype was based in reality.

I should be watched....closely.

"Ode to Hypes"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-01-15 at 11:01 PM
(best when pronouncing hypes as hy'-pees)
some hypes were big
some hypes were small
some didn't look much like hypes at all
just little tiny pimples
around the jaw
pick at them, poke them,
squeeze them like zits
till all that is left
are small bloody pits
they spread to the fingers
then to the toes
they cover the back
and the sides of the nose
hypes will reach the world
hypes will touch every remote
hypes will touch every phone
and hypes will touch every dish at Jiffy's buffet bar.

"RE: Ode to Hypes"
Posted by suzzee on 05-04-15 at 04:13 PM
It's pandemic. Personally I'd rather have zombies instead of hy'-pees.

Corrupting teenage boys since, well,
none of your business how long...

"RE: Ode to Hypes"
Posted by kingfish on 05-04-15 at 04:53 PM
Take one step backward.

Aha, JP didn't say!