URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8292
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S29 | Ep13 | Vidcap Analysis *no sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 12-04-14 at 00:42 AM
Here is the depository for Vidcaps and Discussion of those Vidcaps regarding the penultimate episode.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post-Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-04-14 at 01:04 AM
Transcript and Vidcaps courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

JP: Next time on Survivor...
Natalie (talking to Keith): We gotta be tight.
JP: Natalie won't rest until she gets revenge on Jon.
Natalie (camera confessional): I want Jon out bad.
JP: But one moment could change the fate of the game.
(Missy tethered to Keith and Jon in a Reward Challenge, falls hard)
Missy: (crying)
Medic: To do an x-ray, I'd have to pull Missy from the game.
Missy: Frustrating!

"RE: Post-Show Promo"
Posted by Outsider32 on 12-04-14 at 02:31 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-14 AT 02:33 AM (EST)

Sorry nvm, nearly posted something meant for another thread.

"S29 | Ep13 | Survivor Live Sneak Peek"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-05-14 at 09:57 AM
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Promo
Survivor Live Sneak Peek - Episode 13
http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s29_survivor_live_ep13.html

CBS Video Link >>

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/x6YleznTq76r3gYypIpym4EdKw6k4iV_/survivor-live-wes-nale-reed-kelly-and-alec-christy/

Date: 12.4.14

Transcript by SurvivorFever.net:

Missy: So what happened?

Missy: I don't know.

Jaclyn: I'm really confused. Did Alec vote for himself?

Natalie: No.

Jaclyn: Didn't you tell me that me, you and Jon are voting Keith.

Natalie: I thought me, you and him were voting Alec.

Jaclyn: Oh.

Natalie <camera confessional>: Just the way Tribal went, I knew I had to pretend to mess up and accidentally vote out Alec instead of Keith, and act my ##### off to convince them that it was a mistake.

Natalie: You're the only one who talked to me. Came up to me for two seconds. I didn't talk to anyone else.

Natalie <camera confessional>: It was a risk that I was willing to take, because I just didn't want Jon to have more power and control in this game right now than he needs.

Natalie: I thought she said me, you and her were voting Alec.

Jon: No.

Natalie <camera confessional>: I think I sold it to them properly, it's going to be scary. Jon is on my hit list. He's been on my hit list since he sent Jeremy home. So it's been a long time coming, and I need to makes some moves soon.

Natalie: Nobody was talking to me. Nobody checked in with me.

Jon: I know, I know. So you got it all mixed up.

Jaclyn: It's fine.

Jon: It's no big deal.

Baylor <camera confessional>: It's hilarious watching Natalie be an actress toward Jon and Jaclyn tonight. If they were smart, they would know Natalie knew exactly what she was doing.

Jon: It's fine.

Jon: That tribal was a little bit of a debacle. I guess we didn't talk enough going into it, and Natalie didn't fully understand who she was voting for. It's unfortunate that it happened here because Keith really is a threat in immunity challenges. I mean, that's a big, big deal. That potentially could screw up a lot of plans.

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010
_0011
_0012
_0013
_0014
_0015
_0016
_0017
_0018
_0019
_0020
_0021
_0022
_0023
_0024

"RE: S29 | Ep13 | Survivor Live Sneak Peek"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-05-14 at 10:31 AM
Thanks for posting Sheldor...Jon in conf relates what happened but I don't believe that he really thinks it was an accident...I transcribed the scene a little differently...

At night after returning from TC, see a snake in the tree... see Jaclyn, Missy, Natlalie and Baylor...
Jac: so what happened,
Missy: I don’t know
Jac: Did Alec vote for himself?
Natalie: No....didn’t you tell me that me, you and ...Jaclyn finishes her sentence: Jon are voting Keith.
Natalie: I thought me, you, and him were voting Alec.
Jac: Oh...
See Natalie...
Natalie in conf: Just the way tribal went, I knew I had to pretend to mess up and accidentally vote out Alec instead of Keith, and
See Jon up close
Nat: ....and act my ##### off to convince them that it was a mistake
See the girls talking again...
Natalie to the girls: You’re the only one who talked to me. Came up to me for two seconds. I didn’t talk to anyone else .
Natalie in conf: It was a risk I was willing to take because I just didn’t want Jon to have more power, (Close up of Jon) in this game than me.
Natalie continues to Jon: I thought she said me, you and her were voting Alec...
See Keith by the shelter
Jon: No
Nat in conf: I think I sold it to them properly, but, Jon is on my hit list. He’s been on my hit list since he sent Jeremy home, so it’s been a long time coming, I need to make some moves soon (hear dramatic music playing with faster paced tempo), then back to the huddle at night with the 5:
Natalie: Nobody was talking to me. Nobody checked in with me.
Jon: I know, I know, but....
Zoom in on Baylor as Jon says: So, you got it mixed up. It’s all good.
Jac: that’s fine
JOn: no big deal
Baylor in conf: It’s hilarious watching Natalie be an actress toward Jon and Jac tonight, because if they were smart they would know that Natalie knew exactly what she was doing...
cut back to the group,
Jon to Natalie: That’s fine
Jon conf: At tribal there was a little bit of a debacle, I guess we didn’t talk enough going into it, and Natalie didn’t fully understand who to vote for. It’s unfortunate that it happened here because Keith really is a threat to win immunity challenges.
See Keith sleeping in the shelter
Jon continues conf: That’s a big, big deal. That potentially could screw up a LOT of plans.

With the big blindside tout, it really seems apparent to me that it will either be Natalie or Jon that gets blindsided.

"RE: S29 | Ep13 | Survivor Live Sneak Peek"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-07-14 at 03:33 PM
I do want to comment on the secret scene at the beginning of the next episode. Clearly, we see that everyone knows it was Natalie that did it. While we get confessionals from Nat, from Baylor, and from Jon, I think they(Missy, Jon, Jac) won't buy what she's selling. I think this was a critical error in Natalie's game. It's going to be integral to the episode, that's why we go to it right off the bat.

Jon and Missy will talk and raise the flag...this calls attention to Natalie as a real player. If they see her drawing in Keith, Jon/Jac and Missy/Bayor will be alerted. Pulling in Keith to her advantage sets Natalie in a suspicious light. Even if they are careful and not seen, somehow Keith is going to inadvertently spill the beans...it's his MO. He just doesn't know the game as well. Figuring it out eventually but I don't know if it will be now. Jiffy told us in the press that for every Josh and Jeremy that are serious game players, there is a Drew and Keith, that spoil it for them.

I think that all the hype and focus from Natalie on making the big move on Jon may just backfire on her this week. With a final 3 deal with Missy/Baylor, and with Keith supposedly with her, why does she need to play an idol?

We need to try and figure out Natalie's plan. Thinking that Keith wins IC, how will Natalie take Jon down? She will think she has Missy and Baylor and Keith, but one or more of them won't "stick with the plan".

I do think there is an outside chance Jaclyn could be idoled out as well.

"10 Sec"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-07-14 at 00:40 AM
JP: This game is wide open.

"15 Sec"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-07-14 at 09:43 PM

JP (at Tribal Council): Outwit...
Jon (camera confessional): I trust our alliance.
JP (at Tribal Council): ...outplay...
Baylor (talking to Missy): Natalie and I think we should vote Jon off.
JP (at Tribal Council): ...outlast...
Missy (Missy talking to Natalie and Baylor): That's not happening.
JP (at Tribal Council): ...this game is wide open.

"RE: 15 Sec"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-07-14 at 11:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-07-14 AT 11:39 PM (EST)

Here we go, Missy!

So the question is, will she get on top of it, or will Nat find a way?

And, look who Missy is talking to when she says, "That's not happening"...

Straight at Natalie...

PS. I would also like to know why Nat holds Jon more accountable for Jeremy's boot than Missy? just saying', or Reed?

Posted by tribephyl on 12-08-14 at 01:12 AM
Baylor (talking to Missy): Natalie and I think we should vote Jon off.

So, Jon does NOT win the Immunity.
And since Keith is the only other option for the majority alliance, I'm betting Keith doesn't win the immunity either.
We can positively deduce that Missy won't win it either, so one of Baylor, Natalie or Jaclyn has won it.

From the sound of Jon's confessional, stating that he has trust in his alliance, it's probable that they have him believing that Keith is the target.

At this point it will be up to Keith to decide if he wants Natalie gone or he wants Jon gone.
OR Missy doesn't want Jon gone but she may be okay with booting Jaclyn. (And honestly, it's the only person left that doesn't have some sort of tie to Missy.)

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-10-14 at 09:34 AM
I almost think we may need to start a speculation thread....ugh.

Well, there are a few points I want to make regarding the doctored promos. There are multiple shots in the promos that ARE manipulated, pulled from episode 10. They include when Baylor tells Missy that she and Nat want to vote Jon out, and Missy says, "that's not happening!" And, also the ones of Jon and Jac sitting like sitting ducks in the shelter.

So, what are they hiding?

Blatantly, they are screaming that Jon will be blindsided. The conflict is coming to a head. But, Keith tells us that he's gotten this far on his own without any real support. Why does he tell us that in confessional....is he thinking of staying on his own and not going with Natalie? He doesn't want to "stick with the plan"? He clearly doesn't have a better option...

We need to figure out Nat's plan...and we need to make an educated guess as to who is likely to win the IN. Natalie almost won the stand on the small wooden block holding your hands above your head, lost to Reed, but she lasted over 3 hours. Then, Natalie won the RC where it was pretty much the same thing....stand on a very narrow block while holding your hands above your head, and she won the bed reward. So, I really think that Natalie is the most likely to win this challenge.

If Natalie wins this challenge, that takes her off the table as the boot. It boils down to will Jon play the idol, OR, will he give it to Jaclyn. He is the target, not Jaclyn, so I think that he will play it. Jaclyn and Jon will send 2 votes to Keith. So how will Natalie
allocate the other votes? 2 to Jon, 2 to Jac? OR all to Jac? If they split, it will be a tie...On a re-vote who would vote for who? Missy? Jac and Keith wouldn't vote. So then Jon votes keith, Missy votes?, Baylor and Natalie vote Jac....would Missy vote for Jaclyn?

Posted by Murphy3126 on 12-10-14 at 11:13 AM
I wonder if the thought of passing the HII to Jaycln even crosses Jon's mind, or if J&J decide its better for Jon to keep the idol to guarantee him a spot in F4.

"Missy not medivac'd"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-08-14 at 00:09 AM
Missy's hair after TC:

Missy's hair at Reward challenge:

Missy's hair post reward challenge:

"RE: Missy not medivac'd"
Posted by suzzee on 12-08-14 at 11:09 AM
And there's the proof, nicely done FP!

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-08-14 at 12:23 PM
May be a bit pre-mature though, Hurley, suzzee , someone at Sucks notes that those are shots of the girls post IC where WES stepped down for chicken wings and was later voted out, day 26.

So, what does this tell us? That Missy is most likely not medivac'd, because they are using old footage to manipulate the story here.

But, what is interesting is if Missy was aware of the girls, Natalie and Baylor, wanting to vote out Jon days ago...if this was hidden to us, have they worked on her so much that the time is ripe now to get him out? Makes me wonder...

Posted by suzzee on 12-09-14 at 01:17 PM
At Sucks I read that there was a tweet from Missy recently about buying new shoes because she was released from her doctor. She could be temporarily taken out for treatment. But I feel the tweet was either totally unrelated or it's "planted" to leave the impression she was medvacced. The timing was a little too supportive of the preview of the next episode to me. New shoes are nice but mention of a doctors release with it seems awfully coincidental.

I think if Missy is going to do anything she'll opt for a Jaclyn boot. That will glue Jon to her side as long as she keeps her hands clean.

Besides that, Natalie helped boot Alec. I'm sure Missy didn't want Baylor getting mixed up in a Survivor showmance at this stage. Points for Natalie

"Web Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-08-14 at 12:20 PM

JP: Survivor is a tricky game.
Keith (camera confessional): I've made it through this game without somebody solid with me.
JP: It can lull you into believing things that aren't real...
Jon (camera confessional): I honestly trust my alliance.
JP: ...like trust.
Natalie (talking to Keith): Getting out Jon would be a dream come true.
JP: And before you know it, you've forgotten the basic premise.
Jaclyn (talking to Jon): What if they all blindside you?
Jon: I'm not worried about that.
JP (@ TC): Outwit...
Natalie: I have one shot to prove I left everything on the table.
JP (@ TC): ...outplay...
Baylor (talking to Missy): Natalie and I think we should vote Jon tonight.
JP (@ TC): ...outlast...
Missy (talking to Baylor and Natalie): It's not happening.
JP (@ TC): This game is wide open.

"RE: Web Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-08-14 at 12:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-14 AT 12:43 PM (EST)

Thanks for bringing this over, Tribe!

So, what does this mean when we know this shot was taken from episode 10,

...after the IC that Reed won...(See the post made by Goldd at Mess Hall, located here.

Also, these shots are old as well...

See them here, at the beginning...note Sheldor's post #32. They are also from episode 10.

Jon trusts his alliance and he's not worried about being blindsided.
Natalie has one chance to leave it all on the table.
What does it mean that Missy knew about them wanting to take out Jon days ago?

It means that Jon won't win immunity this week. Will it be one or the other, Jon or Natalie, or will it be Jaclyn?

Posted by coldbrewer on 12-08-14 at 02:39 PM
For a blindside, it could be Jon or Jaclyn. For it to be shocking, I would think:

Natalie wins the II.

Jon, Jaclyn, & Missy think easy vote - Keith.

But wait...if Natalie wants to ensure one of Jon or Jaclyn to be voted out, she's going to use her HII on Keith. (shocking?) If she ends up doing that, Jon will certainly use his HII on himself.

Even more shocking, votes don't count against Keith, Jon, & Natalie.

So re-vote amongst Baylor, Missy, & Jaclyn. Baylor and Missy certainly will not vote each other out. Jaclyn booted.

One of the biggest blindsides and a shocking tribal council?

Posted by Brownroach on 12-08-14 at 03:53 PM
But in that scenario Keith, Jon and Natalie would vote in the revote too. They'd just be ineligible to receive votes themselves. So yes, Baylor, Missy and probably Natalie would revote for Jaclyn. But suppose Jon, Keith and Jaclyn all revote for Baylor? There's a tie. So what happens then? Another revote? Or does Missy get purple-rocked out of the game by default?

Posted by tribephyl on 12-08-14 at 02:48 PM
What's interesting about the timing is that the conversation about whether to vote Jon out is had after the Ep10 IC. Nat and Baylor are on board, but Missy is not.
- Wes is voted out.

During Ep11, the entire episode was dedicated to the rift between Jon/Jaclyn and Jon reveals to Missy that he found the idol. So the plan changes slightly, where Natalie will try to assuage any fears that Jon might be targeted.
- Reed voted out.

Then Ep12, where the notion to boot Jon is STILL high priority for Natalie (and Baylor). So much so that Natalie KNOWS she's gonna have to find alternate numbers to achieve the blindside. Going so far as to recruit Keith, while Baylor recruits Alec. What's troubling for the ladies then is that Jon wins the Immunity. Their hopes are dashed...for now.
- Alec voted out.

Which brings us to ep13. Where I'm positive that Jon does not win immunity. He does still have an idol but Natalie has done a lot to calm his nerves, in hopes of insuring that he won't use it. On the surface, there is still one target left (Keith) before having to turn on their own alliance, or so Jon thinks. Which is why he feels comfortable enough to openly place faith in his alliance.
However, Missy's original kibosh on blindsiding Jon happened over nine days prior. Does she come around? Probably. But the editors want us to believe she has problems with it and that there will be questions as to whether it's really possible to get away with it when there is the potential for a 3vs3 tie.

This might be thrown in now because Missy STILL feels as if targeting Jon is not in her best interest (and truly, it isn't) but I keep coming back to JP's line at the end of Tribal Council where he states that "It's anybody's game now."

For it to truly be anyone's game now, means only that THE power player will be booted. Of those remaining (and from the voices of the jurors) the only people worthy or capable of a win at this time are Jon or Natalie. One of these two has to go.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-08-14 at 03:41 PM
Tribe, you make excellent points. Jon doesn't win immunity, but Keith doesn't win either! Natalie would be the most likely one to win after Keith and Jon, I think, but it could be Baylor that wins...?

I agree with you...

For it to truly be anyone's game now, means only that THE power player will be booted. Of those remaining (and from the voices of the jurors) the only people worthy or capable of a win at this time are Jon or Natalie. One of these two has to go.

I am pretty firm on who I think it will be...at this point.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-08-14 at 03:42 PM
I can't really see how Natalie would get blindsided at this juncture. She'd have to suddenly become a target and not be aware of it, and then give her idol to Keith while not having immunity herself or else walk out of the game with her idol in her pocket. That doesn't square with the jurors calling her a good player and a badass.

The previews seem to be setting Jon up for a takedown, but the surprise is probably that it isn't he who leaves - it's Jaclyn.

"Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-08-14 at 07:29 PM

"RE: Press Images"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-08-14 at 09:49 PM
I know the promo commercials have used video clips from other episodes. Have they done that with Press Images too?

In this Press Image Missy and Baylor look identical to that promo video:

Definitely 6 stations for the Immunity Challenge. I think they would have removed one if Missy was medically evacuated.

Is this Jon welcoming a dirty faced Natalie back from Exile Island?

"Whole lot of lyin' going on ... ???"
Posted by Georganna on 12-08-14 at 10:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-14 AT 11:37 PM (EST)

The background in the shot that purportedly pictures Baylor crying because of her mother's injury is at the Immunity Challenge ... not the RC.

Isn't it?

And that apparatus looks like it is just made to cause an ankle injury.

While the earlier video of Missy falling seems to picture a blow to her head, not to her ankle.

ETA:

Too, there is no ocean in sight ... here ...

But, there is ... here ...

ETA: Although I hadn't checked the thread in Suck's Mess Hall until just now, Lincoln Aloisio and MayanSun had this figured out before 9:00 AM this morning ...

G

"RE: Whole lot of lyin' going on ... ???"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-08-14 at 11:58 PM
Georganna: Even though Suck's Mess Hall (Lincoln Aloisio and MayanSun ) also figured this out... GREAT JOB!

I noticed what looked like the Immunity Challenge pole behind Baylor too but wasn't sure.

I played the Next Time video in slow motion on my big screen and you can clearly see Missy plants her right ankle firmly on the ground and doesn't twist it.

Missy does NOT hit her head on the horizontal pole that they have to duck under. She lands with her upper torso on that pole.

Then she ducks under the pole with Jon

When she is crying she is holding her right leg

Comparison of Baylor crying in Next Time and this Promo

Next Time

Web Promo

There is a VERY large tree to the left of the doctor which is not visible in the Immunity Challenge vidcaps but I'm guessing it off to right of the Immunity Challenge.

The pole in the background of Baylor appears to be slanting toward the camera whereas in the Immunity Challenge it slants away from the camera but maybe that is just an optical illusion or the camera is behind the Immunity Challenge.

That Teeter Totter balance feet on wood block seems like a recipe for an ankle injury!

Posted by tribephyl on 12-09-14 at 00:42 AM

She is crying on her right knee, but her left leg is extended out so the doctor can look at her ankle. Her left ankle.

She even tweeted about her recovery in October...(notice the compression brace on her left ankle)

I definitely see your points regarding the ocean, the position of the doctor and the tree and the apparatus behind Baylor. But remember, JP noted that the new challenge created by a contest winning teenager (that changes the game for one player) incorporates a large teeter-totter and buckets of water. While there is a teeter-totter aspect to the immunity challenge, I don't see buckets of water.
And I do see a very large teeter-totter in the RC and troughs full of water as well. (Just after the obstacle where Missy is seen falling.)

So...the game change for a player has nothing to do with Missy's ankle? Hmmm...

Posted by Sheldor on 12-09-14 at 01:32 AM
More great analysis by tribephyl!

THANKS for that Twitter photo of Missy!

As Georgana pointed out we know Jeff attending to Missy is during the Immunity Challenge since he is wearing a different outfit/hat at the Reward Challenge

Jeff at Reward Challenge

Jeff at Immunity Challenge

Jeff tending to Missy

Jeff's EW.com Tease is:

"Ah, next week holds a special place in my heart because we have a challenge that was created and designed by a very special challenge producer. Austin Russell is a thirteen year old from Texas who made a visit to location through our friends at Make A Wish. His big dream was to contribute a challenge that would end up getting used on the show and boy did he deliver! Not only is it a cool challenge involving a huge teeter-totter and buckets of water, but it ends up creating unexpected reality on the show. That is always the hope of a challenge — that it changes the game in some way. This is definitely game changing for one player. Read into that whatever you want: It’s gonna be fun!"

At first I was thinking that maybe Missy slightly injures her LEFT ankle in the RC and injures it further in the IC but would Jeff says It’s gonna be fun! if someone got injured?

So again, here is the RC:

In Teams of 3:
Yellow: Baylor, Jaclyn, Natalie
Blue: Missy, Jon, Keith

1) Climb through pile of Hay
2) Over and Under obstacle (where Missy falls on her upper torso in Next Time)
3) Fill Bucket from Trough
4) Take Bucket over Huge Teeter Totter
5) Fill Bucket on end of Balance Pole with water
(ramp? to reach bucket?)
Repeat steps 4 & 5 until Balance Pole tips and opens Gate
6) Go through Gate to Puzzle(?) Table
7) Complete Puzzle

Not sure how this Reward Challenge accomplishes

hope of a challenge — that it changes the game in some way. This is definitely game changing for one player

Such that Jeff says It’s gonna be fun!

Posted by Georganna on 12-09-14 at 03:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-14 AT 03:51 AM (EST)

Sheldor,

I keep thinking that we were shown the sequence at the RC for a reason beyond its confusion value.

So I wonder if we might see an overenthusiastic Jon tow his older Challenge allies through the course a bit too forcefully (a la Joel in Micronesia.

And we've seen an earlier indication of Missy's fragile emotional state (that she ascribed merely to hunger). But, Missy is a Gemini and the rigors of the Game are particularly difficult for that personality: their meltdowns | tantrums | inexplicable behaviors can be legendary (examples - Katie in Palau, Ashley in China, the aforementioned Joel in Micronesia, Lex in Africa, Danielle in Exile Island, Boo and Lisi in Fiji, Tyson (in Tocantins and Heroes v Villains, Jud in Nicaragua ...). So I also wonder if perhaps that overenthusiasm costs Jon the affections and protections of his surrogate 'Mom'.

Admittedly, I'm reaching. But I do really think that the clip contains the clue to the whole 'changing the game for one player' thing.

ETA: Or maybe Keith finally does the 'worst thing ever in Survivor history' during this RC Challenge.

G

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-14 at 09:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-14 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

I think Georgianna is on to something....Jiffy says that something happens in the challenge: Not only is it a cool challenge involving a huge teeter-totter and buckets of water, but it ends up creating unexpected reality on the show.

Missy is struggling it's clear to see, and it could be that she does hurt her ankle a bit here....so that she is weak for the IC. Having her ankle slightly injured sets her up for a severe injury later on those foot blocks...

Regardless, I think that Jon, or Jon and Keith may carry Missy through the entire challenge or something like that...they both are there. Something like she ain't heavy, she's my mother....something that endears them to her.

I see that more than I see them doing something that would alienate her...? But, I agree, perhaps them doing something for her at the RC will either endear or alienate her...

Or, something happens to either bond her or alienate her while they are off on reward...?

I also have another question, and it's about this picture:

Jon has his arm around Natalie, and Natalie appears distressed to me...

Why would they send Natalie to EI at this point? Unless, Jon, Keith, and Missy do win the RC, and so one of Baylor, Jaclyn, or Natalie are the only choices to go to Exile Island...then I could see Natalie going! Now I think we are on to something!

When Jon/Missy/Keith go on reward, Natalie goes to EI for 2 days, and that leaves Baylor and Jaclyn home alone...hmmmm?

Also, Sheldor, you were right on....the tree behind the Dr....

It's right to the left of this frame....right next to the IC apparatus....

Great work, everyone! WOOOHOOOO!

Posted by kingfish on 12-09-14 at 10:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-14 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

NM

Posted by tribephyl on 12-09-14 at 12:27 PM

My thought about this image is that Natalie has again given her Reward to someone else, namely Missy. Keith and Jon were Missy's teammates for the RC; Nat, Jac and Bay win the RC, Nat trades her spot to Missy.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-14 at 12:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-14 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

Natalie has again given her Reward to someone else, namely Missy.

You could be soooo right, Tribe. It's just getting so old that everyone gives every reward to Missy....

For me, it looks like she's distressed. Would she be that distressed at volunteering her reward win to Missy?

"Hold the bus..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-14 at 04:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-14 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

Upon further examination of this picture:

Look at the background. It looks like they are positioned on their mats....here they are at the RC on their mats...

You see woods in the background.

Now here is Baylor at the IC...

Compare background to this:

I think Natalie is seen at the IC here, not the RC. So, either Natalie returns from EI here and is welcomed back by Jon, OR, this is after Missy is hurt at the IC, and Natalie is reacting. But, look at this picture of the IC in progress....

Natalie's hair is up and tied with the buff. I think that the shot of her with Jon's arm around her, where she has her hair in a pony tail with a white scrunchy is at the beginning of the IC, before she ties it all up with her buff. Why would Jon have his arm around her at this point in time? Because she could be returning from EI.
(Or she could have taken her buff off at the IC after it was over and she's reacting to Missy).

"Natalie pic"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-10-14 at 08:13 AM
Looking at these pics this AM, it seems more clear to me...here is Baylor at the IC mat, when Missy is being examined by medical....See Jaclyn next to her.

Here is Natalie on the mat when Missy is most likely being looked after by medical...

You can clearly see that she is distressed, and Jon has his arm around her...

She either has a white scrunchy that she hasn't had before, OR, that's a white flower in her ponytail. During the IC, her hair is pulled up and her buff is wrapped in her bun. But, at this point, she's taken it down...I think.

I don't know if the IN would be given out at this point...?

Seeing this challenge, it seems the most likely that Natalie would win it....she's proven to have more endurance than even Reed had, and she's tolerated the slim foot pads well...

Jon isn't winning, he's not worried. Keith could perhaps have a chance at winning it, and so could the cheerleader.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-09-14 at 01:38 PM
Admittedly, I'm reaching. But I do really think that the clip contains the clue to the whole 'changing the game for one player' thing

Suppose Missy manages to make it through this TC, but over the following several days the injury gets worse.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-14 at 02:46 PM
Suppose Missy manages to make it through this TC, but over the following several days the injury gets worse.

I think something similar to this is going to happen, BR. Jiffy made those comments about Missy/Baylor specifically considering them..."If the only way you can move forward is by getting rid of your child, can you do it? Or do you just fall down on the sword and say, I just can't do it?"

if one idol is played this week, or one goes home in someone's pocket, then another HII will be hidden on EI next week. Someone finds another on EI then. There is a possibility that 2 HII's, and 1 IN are in play, leaving 2 castaways vulnerable for bootation. I propose, suspect, these 2 vulnerable castaways could indeed be Missy and Baylor.

I suspect, especially if Missy is hurt, that she will give it up for Baylor. This could satisfy what Jiffy had to say about them at the beginning of the game.

It's speculation.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-09-14 at 06:59 PM
I've been thinking along those lines too. It seems like an odd thing for Jeff to have brought up if Missy and Baylor are just going to sail into the final 3 together. I wonder if Missy will have to make some kind of decision.

Posted by Georganna on 12-09-14 at 05:16 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-14 AT 05:21 PM (EST)

Just wanted to add:

I think that we're all agreed that Tribe is right. Missy's ankle injury (at IIC) and whatever the RC's 'game-changing event for one player' turns out to be are two separate, unrelated incidents.

The first will evidently be an unpleasant thing to watch but the latter (according to JP) is 'going to be fun'. At least for the audience:

Not only is it a cool challenge involving a huge teeter-totter and buckets of water, but it ends up creating unexpected reality on the show. That is always the hope of a challenge — that it changes the game in some way. This is definitely game changing for one player. Read into that whatever you want: It’s gonna be fun!

So that's why I brought up the instances that I did. Because while Joel's meltdown wasn't (I'm certain) fun for Chet, it was hilarious. And, in thinking about Keith's pending 'worst thing ever', I was reminded of Erik's horribly misplaced trust during that infamous Micronesia Tribal Council - although just how that sort of thing could be replicated during an RC I can't imagine. But, be that as it may, the fact is that it was another instance of a moment that was terribly funny for everyone other than its central character.

In short, to solve the RC puzzle, I think that we need to concentrate on scenarios that could - amusingly - change the game for one of its participants.

G

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-09-14 at 06:00 PM
Just reading your post, G, makes me think of Keith.

Posted by Georganna on 12-09-14 at 07:57 PM
Yep!

I don't know about 'changing the game' - or for whom - but just the prospect of the threesome of Jon, Missy and Keith off on Reward together makes me grin. Particularly when I picture the winetasting ...

G

Posted by Georganna on 12-09-14 at 01:00 AM
Thank you, Sheldor.

G

Posted by chemig902 on 12-09-14 at 09:27 PM
From the first time I saw the Missy injury video I thought it was leg more than head. I interned in sports medicine in college, and it looked to me like the ankle brought her down and she may have hit her head as she came down.

Posted by Sheldor on 12-10-14 at 05:49 PM
"From the first time I saw the Missy injury video I thought it was leg more than head. I interned in sports medicine in college, and it looked to me like the ankle brought her down and she may have hit her head as she came down."

...but those scenes are from the Reward Challenge and if you watch in slow motion you can see that Missy does NOT hit her head and her Left ankle (the one with the sleeve on in the Oct photo) looks fine too. I suspect Missy might get dragged through the challenge like Chet in Micronesia and that might change her opinion about Jon but I'm doubt she gets injured badly in the Reward Challenge though maybe she initially injures her left ankle in the RC.

The Press Release identifies an ankle injury:

"Also, a sudden ankle injury could lead to a medevac just days before the game ends,"

...and we know Jeff tends to Missy's left ankle and the doctor arrives at the Immunity Challenge

Posted by michel2 on 12-09-14 at 07:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-14 AT 07:25 PM (EST)

Isn't it incredible that we still don't have a puzzle? When was the last time when Survivor went so long without a puzzle for immunity? They really want to give Keith and Jon a chance although I don't think anyone left would be really good at puzzles.

Posted by suzzee on 12-10-14 at 11:24 AM
I don't think so either, endurance puzzles aren't good TV.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by Outsider32 on 12-10-14 at 11:27 PM
Keith was good with that RC puzzle.

"S29 | Ep13 | Reward Challenge BTS"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-10-14 at 07:56 PM
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur
Challenge Promo - Episode 13
Date: 12.10.14

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s29_challenge_ep13.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QtdXB6nJ2M

Transcript by SurvivorFever.net:

Jeff Probst: It started with a dream that Austin had. He contacted Make a Wish. Make a Wish made it happen. We got Austin out here to Nicaragua and he had one real goat. That was to be able to pitch a challenge and get it on the show. He pitched a challenge and we used it. Thirteen year old Austin created the challenge for us.

This is how it's going to work. The first part of the challenge, they have to get through this. They are chained together, so that make it a little more difficult. Make your way through the hay. Then do the over and the under. Then come over here and fill the bucket up with water. Run up this (teeter totter) and it comes down the other side. Then run up in here pour the water into the bucket. When you get enough water, probably three or four trips, it will lower this , then do the little football thing like the tires. Then come over here and you've got a massive Survivor puzzle. It's gonna spell out "Blood vs water."

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010
_0011
_0012