URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 829
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"The return of Pushing Daisies tonight!"

Posted by moonbaby on 10-01-08 at 06:03 PM
Yipee! 8pm on ABC. When I saw that on the listings grid it was like someone gave me a present pie

Will we still love it as much? I hope so!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: The return of Pushing Daisies tonight!"
Posted by Estee on 10-08-08 at 08:30 PM
*gasps for breath*

Bodies -- being taken out -- of clown car...

*helpless laughter*

Posted by Bebo on 10-09-08 at 11:36 AM
I so love the show. When he zapped the mime while doing the glass box? Howled.

And while I lvoe the whole supporting cast, Chi McBride and Swoozie Kurtz are amazing.

"Chuck's new clothes"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-15-08 at 10:08 AM
I know it's only been a couple of episodes but where are those cute little dresses Chuck wore? Instead we've got some odd mix and match (and sometimes not so matching)stretchy pants and tops. I miss those dresses.

"RE: Chuck's new clothes"
Posted by mrc on 10-17-08 at 10:51 AM
Agree. She looked bee-you-tee-ful last season, but kinda frumpy this season so far.

I've been Mooned!

"The dresses are back"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-23-08 at 10:04 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-08 AT 10:05 AM (EST)

Last night's episode-I guess they read our posts
Forgot to add how much I love pop-up books and I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Lil Gumshoe!

"RE: The dresses are back"
Posted by SilverStar on 10-23-08 at 10:18 AM
Last night's episode-I guess they read our posts

They must, because I thought last night's episode was one of the best of the season. The dialouge did seem easier to follow and I was happy.

I loved seeing baby Emerson! Who would have ever guessed he is a mama's boy? So funny!

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

Posted by SilverStar on 10-16-08 at 01:06 PM
I still love this show, but not quite as much as last season. They've always had the rapid fire dialouge, but I'm finding it harder to follow along this season. The murder mysteries are annoying me because it seems like they're trying too hard to paint everyone as a suspect and I end up frustrated by the end of the episode.

But the murder of the week isn't why I tune in, of course. It's for the characters and I still love all of them. Emerson cracks me the hell up ("We're motorin'" had me laughing so hard I had to pause my DVR.) Ned couldn't be any more adorable (totally have a crush on Lee Pace!) I love Chuck and Olive, too.

I just wish they would slow down a tiny bit so I can enjoy the writing, rather than spending most of the episode trying to understand WTF they're talking about.

"Heeheeee"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-16-08 at 08:54 PM
The motorin' cracked me up, too. Emerson has the best lines!

"RE: Heeheeee"
Posted by Bebo on 10-23-08 at 03:29 PM
I loved that line too. I added "what's your price for flight" just because I could. Chi McBride rocks.

"Save Ned!"
Posted by SilverStar on 10-28-08 at 01:23 PM
*ahem* I mean Save Pushing Daisies.

It seems the ratings are pretty bad this season and there is talk of it being cancelled. This cannot happen! So if you love the show, it can't hurt to sign this petition that I found on another board. I will cry bitter, bitter tears if this show isn't on anymore.

http://www.petitiononline.com/daisies/petition.html

"Once a week"
Posted by moonbaby on 10-28-08 at 08:24 PM
I go to the online episode and watch a little bit in case the network is looking at those numbers, too.

"Cancelled????"
Posted by trigirl on 11-15-08 at 08:58 AM
13 episodes were ordered for Season 2 and so far no more have been ordered. Not looking good.

"RE: Cancelled????"
Posted by Snidget on 11-15-08 at 09:02 AM
Haven't seen an official cancellation, but that they haven't ordered more episodes by now could be a bad sign.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 11-15-08 at 09:43 AM
I saw it a few weeks back on an endangered list that was on yahoo. Endangered lists = the ax. Usually. No more pie for us.

Posted by Snidget on 11-15-08 at 10:14 AM
Yep, and thefutoncritic.com has TBA for Pushing Daisies Time Slot for the Winter preview. At least that gives me a bit of hope since they don't have something else listed, but not much.

Posted by MPVLOST on 11-21-08 at 01:20 PM
sounds like it's official, several sites are reporting that ABC is not ordering any more new episodes and will probably just burn off the remaining ones.

I also heard that episode 13 of this season was going to be a cliffhanger (typical ABC, ending a show with a cliffhanger). That means we probably won't see any resolution to any of the storylines, unless they have time to reshoot the last couple eps.

Seriously if LOST wasn't on ABC, I'd be boycotting ABC now.

Posted by SilverStar on 11-21-08 at 02:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-08 AT 03:03 PM (EST)

>That means we probably won't see any resolution to any of the storylines, unless they have time to reshoot the last couple eps.

Not necessarily.

According to Fuller, the facts are these: "It's very likely that Pushing Daisies will end after episode 13, which as you know, is a cliffhanger. But we are talking to DC Comics about doing comic books that will wrap up our storylines, and I already have a pitch for a movie ready to go."

A movie would be awesome! I don't read comic books, so that option isn't very interesting to me. I want to see the characters actually acting the scenes out for me. The cast is a huge part of why this show is so amazing (I love you, Lee! Call me!) so I don't think a comic book would be able to capture the magic. Still, it would be nice to know how the story ends.

I'm so depressed. My favorite show is gone. Wahhhhhh! I don't think I will ever delete the episodes from my DVR. Well, until I get the DVDs, that is.

ETA- That article also says that Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money have been canceled as well. *sigh* There go another 2 shows that I watch. That brings it up to 5 so far. Networks suck. They have no patience. *shakes fist at TV*

Season's Glowings

"Emerson's latest quotable"
Posted by moonbaby on 11-21-08 at 01:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-21-08 AT 01:24 PM (EST)

...A magic show? Now where did I put that rat's @ss I could give?

Wahahahah!!! If we cannot stop the stupidity of the network making this show disappear then Chi McBride must find another venue and fast!

Posted by SilverStar on 12-04-08 at 11:13 AM
I loved last nights show! I'm here to admit that I squealed out loud when they showed them in bed together with the plastic sheet divider complete with cuddle sleeve. Awwwwwwww! This show is the cutest thing ever, it just makes me happy. And then I think of its cancellation and I want to cry.

I wonder what Ned's reaction is going to be next week after discovering that Chuck tricked him and kept her father alive. I woud think that he would be a little upset, but understanding. I mean, he knows better than anyone how it is to want to keep someone that you love alive. But all the Olive-Ned chemistry this week has me wondering if there might be something else in store. I don't want Ned and Chuck to break up! I have to say though, I was feeling it with Ned and Olive last night, for the first time. Loved the callback to season 1's episode "Dummy" where she was singing about her love for Ned and kept getting interrupted. It was extra funny to me since I had just watched that episode on DVD right before the show started.

Posted by MPVLOST on 12-04-08 at 12:07 PM
I'm no expert on the subject, but wouldn't Chuck's father have been a lot more decayed than he was? He was dead for like 20 years, but he looked like he had been dead for a lot less than that.

I realize this show is far from being realistic, but the whole thing just felt odd to me.

Posted by SilverStar on 12-04-08 at 12:48 PM
Meh. That didn't bother me. This is a fantasy show. None of the dead bodies look like actual dead bodies. And thank goodness-- that would be too grotesque for a romance/comedy/fairy tale show on at 8PM. Besides, we never really got a good look at Charles. He was in a dark casket and then he was bandaged up. They never showed him in the light of day.

"Charles Charles instapoll"
Posted by moonbaby on 12-11-08 at 05:36 PM
Two quick questions:

Like him or not?
Dead him again or not?

My answers: don't like him, don't like him at all. Dead him again, Ned. Dead him NOW.

"RE: Charles Charles instapoll"
Posted by Snidget on 12-11-08 at 05:54 PM
Tap him, Ned. Tap.Him.

Posted by SilverStar on 12-16-08 at 10:14 AM
Hate him. Re-dead him. Nobody messes with my Ned!

Season's Glowings

Posted by KwietOne on 12-27-08 at 04:48 AM
Tap that, uh...#####. Do it now.

"Ned's father is..."
Posted by moonbaby on 12-18-08 at 06:54 PM
George Hamilton? Wahahaha!

"RE: Ned's father is..."
Posted by MPVLOST on 12-27-08 at 00:09 AM
well now it sounds like the remaining episodes won't be shown until summer of '09

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2008-12-23-nielsens-analysis_N.htm

Closeouts. Finishing their unsuccessful runs last week: NBC's My Own Worst Enemy (3.9 million viewers Monday), and ABC's Wednesday duo Pushing Daisies (4.7 million) and Dirty Sexy Money (series-low 5.1 million). Both ABC shows will air a few remaining episodes next summer.

-----------------------------------------
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

"Remaining episodes coming up"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-12-09 at 09:28 PM
From the wonderful blog of Alan Sepinwall (http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/) a little info from an ABC press release:

Airdates for the remaining episodes of "Pushing Daisies," "Eli Stone" and "Dirty Sexy Money" were also announced, with "Pushing Daisies" returning to the schedule as of Saturday, May 30 through Saturday, June 13 at 10:00 p.m.; "Eli Stone" on Saturday, June 20 through Saturday, July 11 at 10:00 p.m.; and "Dirty Sexy Money" on Saturday, July 18 through August 8 at 10:00 p.m.

WOOHOO!

"RE: Remaining episodes coming up"
Posted by SilverStar on 04-13-09 at 09:09 AM
Hmmm. I'll believe it when I see it. I don't trust ABC.

In other news, the S2 DVD has a release date of July 21, so even if ABC are big fat liars, we won't have too much longer to wait. Yay!

"Remaining episodes to be aired."
Posted by Snidget on 05-28-09 at 01:35 PM
Saturday at 10 pm ABC will finish out some of the series that were canceled

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide.aspx

pushing daisies** (returns: may 30-jun. 13)

"Episode 11- Window Dressed to Kill"
Posted by SilverStar on 05-31-09 at 01:20 PM
I don't know if this was the case everywhere, but for the first part of the show the sound mix was waaaay off and the background music was so loud that I could barely hear what anyone was saying. I was flipping out! I'd waited so long to see this episode and now they're pulling this on me?! Thankfully it got better after the first commercial break.

I have never been a Ned/Olive shipper, so I wasn't sure what to think about last night's episode. They were really cute together at times, but then I'd get mad if they were too lovey dovey because Ned is meant to be with Chuck! And how cute is Randy Mann? I'm glad Olive finally noticed him. Now everyone can be happy. Especially if all goes well next week with Emerson and his baby mama. Hopefully we'll finally meet the 'Lil Gumshoe.

With the series coming to an end (*sob*) here is how I would like to see it all play out: For some reason Ned accidentally runs into/touches Digby and he doesn't die! (Or maybe Ned's dad will have some information that will shed some light on Ned's gift. He better show up in these last 2 episodes.) They realize that once you're alive-again for a certain amount of time, you're alive-again forever. But how long is that? Has Chuck been alive-again long enough to be safe from Ned's touch? Ned is too scared to find out, but Chuck convinces him that they have to and so they decide to kiss... and Chuck lives! I don't know how they can explain that to the Aunts, but that needs to happen, too and Chuck needs to be reunited with them.
Olive has Randy Mann. Emerson has Simone and his daughter.
And everyone lives happily ever after. Hey, this is a fairytale after all. I want my fairytale ending, dammit!

Yay! Pushing Daisies is back!

"Bravo!"
Posted by moonbaby on 05-31-09 at 08:34 PM
I hope it works out just as you wrote!

So happy to have it back.