URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8287
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S29 | Ep11/12 | Vidcap Analysis *no sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 11-27-14 at 01:13 AM
Here is the thread for depositing and discussing this 2 hour episodes vidcaps, promos and press images.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-27-14 at 01:14 AM
Vidcaps and Transcript courtesy of

JP: Next time, on a special two hour episode of Survivor, tensions are high.
Reed: Baylor, you're a brat.
Missy: Reed, shut your mouth for a second and listen.
(Jaclyn and Jon arguing on the beach)
JP: But one fight will change the game for good.
Jaclyn: Don't touch me.
Jon (camera confessional): We have Tribal Council tonight and she won't even talk to me. Not a good time to do that.
Jaclyn: Screw him.

"RE: Post Show Promo"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-28-14 at 12:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-14 AT 12:27 PM (EST)

The ol' coconut challenge...

We can see the DAW's on their colored mats...

They are very dull from this vantage point, but I can guess that they may possibly be:

Natalie ~ red
Jon ~ lime green/light green
Alec ~ light brown
Missy ~ purple
Jaclyn ~ blue
Keith ~ aqua/teal
Baylor ~ green
Reed ~ yellow

with all the colors in the world, it is nuts that they use diff't shades of the same color...probably to throw us off the scent...

ETA: I want to point out a few things. When there are 2 knots seen in the shot of the chop, it is NOT the last chop. Here is a picture of I think yellows FIRST chop. Note, the knot on the left and right. When this center section is chopped, the latter knot prevents it from sliding through to release the rock to squash the skull...

Anyway, we see this...

So, this particular chop is not the final chop, because you can see that there were 2 knots in the frame as it's chopped.

But, we also see this picture in the beginning....

You can clearly see that this chop is at a section at the end, and you can clearly see that there is only one knot in the rope at this point....this chop DOES release the rock to smash the skull. At this point, Reed is OUT. Compare to the beginning of the chop sequence, when none of his rope has been chopped:

Beginning first chop start: (note that there are 2 knots, and the square is at the end of the yellow section...

Last chop section, also at an end (flipped in the frame to fake us out), only one knot, when chopped releases the rock to smash...

Reed won't win this challenge.

Then, we hear Reed tell Baylor she's such a brat...we see that his clip board is on the ground....so he also could be owed one more chop as well, and he goes and chops Baylor's...

I have to say that this looks like the last chop for Baylor as well....Baylor won't win this challenge

Then, we see the teal/aqua color getting out of the challenge completely...

Keith will not win this challenge.

After the challenge we see this picture:
Keith next to Reed, I think...

I have to wonder what on Earth Jaclyn and Jon are arguing about that much! I think it would be really funny if it was related to the Coconut chop challenge! LOL! But, the verbiage, JP: But one fight will change the game for good.

This sure sounds that someone in the fight will be out. And, with the tease, one castaway seeking revenge sets their sights on the game’s strongest player....clearly looks like JON will be the one in trouble.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-28-14 at 12:45 PM
Let's not forget that the close-up coconut chop pics could be from the dream teamers. They switched out Reed's tribal council pic last week so they aren't serving everything up to us!

Posted by kingfish on 11-28-14 at 01:48 PM
A fight between Jon and Jacklyn resulting in a permanent (for this game anyway) separation just flies in the face of everything we've seen about the relationship between these two who up until now have shown an abiding and deeply in-love relationship.

It does appear that there is a fight. And that she does walk away mad. And he is put out by her. But everyone here knows that an angry spat between loved ones is usually is resolved after a little time passes and allows heat to dissipate and reason to return. Surely within a couple of hours they will be back together again. Both are intelligent, both know the circumstances of their presence on the island, and both will be willing to forgive and forget. Surely.

As to the big change in the game, perhaps it doesn't directly affect these two? Perhaps it causes another to perceive them differently, i.e. Alec, or Keith, and fool him into desperately thinking he has been forgiven for his foolishness at the last TC.

Or, perhaps they use the disagreement as subterfuge to confuse those that would plot against them? Jon did get a lot of votes at the last TC, and now he is without an HI. He probably feels like he’s fighting for his life right now.

It's hard for me to buy that fight at face value, or to interpret those clues in the obvious way.

And as far as the Revenge clue goes, I'm thinking that Reed is the victim, and that it's Baylor's revenge. Or vice versa.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-28-14 at 06:18 PM
Flowerpower

Great analysis of the Reward Challenge

From this image you can clearly see it takes 3 chops to release the rope.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-28-14 at 08:27 PM
Thanks for posting the press images!

You can see a few of the skulls with corresponding colors and names...

Green = Baylor
Yellow = Alec
Red = Natalie
Teal = Keith
Purple = Missy
Lime green = Jon
Blue = Jaclyn
Orange = Reed

So amending who will not WIN this game, at least from the vidcaps that we have...
Yellow ~ Alec
Teal ~ Keith
Green ~ Baylor

"few new caps for RC..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-30-14 at 06:59 PM
We already know that Alec, Keith, and Baylor will not win this reward. Here are a few other vidcaps of it:

This looks like Baylor's getting crushed...

Here is Baylor making the final chop on Keith's....

If you look to the left of the frame you can see that purple (Missy), and lime green (Jon) have one more chop to get before they are out....here is another vantage point of them...

Note that Missy's (purple) and Jon's (lime green) rocks are lower than Jaclyn's (blue).

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-30-14 at 03:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-14 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

Trying to figure out the time line. Is Jon's face dirty here:

I am leaning toward it being dirty?

Time line: Go back to camp after TC, Reed has confessional, meets with Keith/Alec, Keith has confessional about Wes gone, now he's behind the eight ball.
Next AM, Natalie has confessional about now she is the only one with an HII, and she still needs Jon to get Reed out.

RC: Either Natalie or Jaclyn wins, Jon goes to EI to search for HII
*Question*: Will they hide 0, 1, or 2 idols now?

IC: Most likely Kieth could win, he's good with balancing balls...

Post IC, post EI: Fight with Jon/Jac? Misdirection or no?

Vote out: Reed
*I will say that if Reed wins IC, I think Jaclyn will be toast....I think as long as Reed is in the game, Jon will be safe.

Second hour title: "Still Holdin' On", Keith?

RC:?
EI: ?
IC: ?
Vote out: ?

We know that someone in the game wants to exact revenge on the strongest player in the game....Natalie most likely aiming for Jon. If Jon wins IC = Jaclyn?

I am just not ready for Jon to go yet....I don't know, it could be soon, but I think he will live to see F6...fwiw.

"S29 | Ep11 | Press Images"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-28-14 at 06:15 PM
Survivor San Juan Del Sur Press Images
Episode 11 "Kind of Like Cream Cheese"
Date: 11.28.14

http://www.survivorfever.net/s29_press_images_ep11.html

NO Date/Time Stamps

Camp Photos

_0007 S29_Ep11_SG_D015.jpg

_0008 S29_Ep11_SG_D016.jpg

Reward Challenge

_0009 S29_Ep11_SG_D019.jpg

_0010 S29_Ep11_SG_D020.jpg

_0012 S29_Ep11_SG_D021.jpg

_0001 S29_Ep11_SG_D022.jpg

Immunity Challenge

_0011 S29_Ep11_SG_D004.jpg

_0013 S29_Ep11_SG_D005.jpg

_0002 S29_Ep11_SG_D006.jpg

_0003 S29_Ep11_SG_D007.jpg

_0004 S29_Ep11_SG_D008.jpg

_0005 S29_Ep11_SG_D009.jpg

_0006 S29_Ep11_SG_D010.jpg

"RE: S29 | Ep11 | Press Images"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-28-14 at 06:51 PM
This Immunity Challenge is a Repeat from Philippines which Skupin won

Posted by michel2 on 11-29-14 at 02:51 PM
With Jon's look and his position on the mat, it doesn't look like the dispute is resolved.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-29-14 at 06:09 PM

Why is Jon's face SO dirty??? This is the IC, so what has he been up to or rather, into?

Posted by michel2 on 11-29-14 at 07:01 PM
I'm thinking Exile Island.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-29-14 at 11:21 PM
So, the question is, will they hide 0, 1, or 2 idols?

Posted by chemig902 on 11-30-14 at 02:25 PM
>I'm thinking Exile Island.

I had the same thought. He has that withered EI look. With all that dirt on his face, I'm betting there was a clue at EI for 1 HII.

"RE: S29 | Ep11/12 | Vidcap Analysis *no sources*"
Posted by Outsider32 on 11-28-14 at 09:06 PM
Looks like we get nothing from the second hour.

Posted by michel2 on 11-29-14 at 02:48 PM
Poor Tribe who will have to do the SOTS during the 5 minute commercial break between episodes!

A SOTS in the ECST would be a first!

"New promo"
Posted by michel2 on 11-30-14 at 11:03 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-14 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

This short promo appeared during NCAA football.
Thank you to Survivor fever:

Announcer: Two new hours of Survivor...

Keith <camera confessional>: I'm behind the 8 ball right now.

Announcer: ...and it's anyone's game to win.

Natalie <camera confessional> : I could totally flip the entire game.

Keith is shown as the underdog, Natalie is the one who wants to flip the game and the two are shown sitting side by side...If Natalie flips the game then Keith could win it!

"RE: New promo"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-30-14 at 02:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-14 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

Natalie <camera confessional> : I could totally flip the entire game.

Michel: If Natalie flips the game then Keith could win it!

I think "could" is the operative word. At this point, I think we have Reed/Alec/Keith as the minority alliance, which is now exposed. The majority alliance is Jon/Jaclyn/Missy/Baylor/Natalie.

I think as long as Reed is around, he is the one in the hot seat. If he wins immunity, I think it will be someone other than Jon. I don't know if the second hour of the show, "Still Holdin' On is a quote from Reed or Keith....it's appropriate for both.

If Reed wins the IC in the first hour of the show, then I think Jon will live to see F6. ETA: I think one of Jon/Jac will be out in this double episode...

Posted by Outsider32 on 11-30-14 at 06:07 PM
The fact that SL has a "special" makes me think its Keith and Nale on the same show. The blind draw which TC is this? The first or second? I think Keith and Nat are going.

Posted by Outsider32 on 11-30-14 at 06:40 PM
Keith and Wes*

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-14 at 08:31 PM
I agree Reed should be the next target as he's an immunity threat and has a friend on the jury. Keith also has a friend on the jury, but I think the "Still Holdin' On" quote is his, so he may go in the second episode.

Of course, with a purple rock draw now being promoed, anyone might be leaving.

"HUHHHH??? New promo?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-30-14 at 06:24 PM
During the second NFL game there was another promo...it said, "For the second time in Survivor history there would be another rock draw", then it showed the Ciera/Hayden/Tyson rock draw from last season.....this has got to be another mistake, huh?

Clearly, this is an error, as they did once before when they showed Vytas and Aras going at it in the sumo challenge.

But, wouldn't it be WONDERFUL if we had a rock draw? Also, we have had at least 2 rock draws by now...the one in Marquesas and in B v W....so clearly, this was an error!

"RE: HUHHHH??? New promo?"
Posted by Outsider32 on 11-30-14 at 06:44 PM
It could be I saw one commercial earlier before that one where it was Keith and Natalie.

Posted by chemig902 on 11-30-14 at 10:23 PM
"For the second time in Survivor
>history there would be another
>rock draw"

>But, wouldn't it be WONDERFUL if
>we had a rock draw?
> Also, we have had
>at least 2 rock draws
>by now...the one in Marquesas
>and in B v W....so
>clearly, this was an error!
>
AGREED! Would love to see a rock draw and a 4-4 would be a great place for it. Would love to see who karma gives the dreaded rock!

FP, not a mistake, just convoluted language. Marquesas was the original rock draw, BvW was "another rock draw, so this season would make the second time there was "another rock draw"

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-14 at 11:14 PM
Well that would be a laughable contortion of English usage. When they could just say it's the third time there's a rock draw.

Posted by michel2 on 11-30-14 at 10:27 PM
I saw that promo and I Think it only showed the BvW I cast. We didn't see any of the San Juan del Sur cast so, unless it airs again, I believe it is a mistake.

If it isn't a mistake, it has to come in the first hour when there are 8 players because a revote would always fix a tie at F7. The only way it would happen is if Natalie votes with Alec, Reed and Keith against Jon. It would be extremely stupid for her to do so unless she is the one targeted by J/J and M/B which I don,t think is possible.

Posted by chemig902 on 11-30-14 at 10:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-14 AT 11:18 PM (EST)

Nat said that she would go after Jon "when the time is right." Maybe she feels that the time is right at F8. She may want to flip and take out Jon, leaving 5 singles and only one couple. If she votes with the couples, the couples would have a majority block vote until they turn on each other. (or self-destruct if the J/J fight is not misdirection).

Posted by Brownroach on 11-30-14 at 11:21 PM
I can't imagine how there would be a 4 v. 4 standoff that results in a rock draw in the next episode either.

"Promo..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-01-14 at 08:20 AM
Transcript by SurvivorFever.net:

Announcer: CBS, Wednesday, it's two new hours of Survivor.

Announcer: With tensions running high...

Reed: ...you're a brat.

Missy: Reed, shut your mouth.

Announcer: And patience running low.

<Jaclyn and Jon arguing on the beach>

Jaclyn: Will you let me finish?

Jon: I already knew all this.

Announcer: It's anyone's game to win.

Natalie <camera confessional>: I could totally flip the entire game.

Natalie <talking to Keith>: I'm smarter than I look sometimes.

"Argument"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-01-14 at 08:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-14 AT 08:25 AM (EST)

Jaclyn: Will you let me finish?

You can see that they are arguing after the IC. Jon most likely did go to EI, came back dirty, went to the IC, then returned to camp. You can clearly see the dirt on his face as they argue. Jac goes with Jon to the beach to wash off, and Jac unloads on him about the day she's had with the eggheads, Alec/Reed/Keith. Everytime Jon leaves her she can't stand it....no one addresses her, they ignore her and they are rude....blah, blah, blah. She's complaining to Jon again, and he notes, "I already knew all this"...

Meanwhile, as Jaclyn is miserable with the folks at camp when Jon is not around, Natalie makes the most of her time...

We know she is plotting about taking out the strongest player in the game....Jon.

"RE: Argument"
Posted by kingfish on 12-01-14 at 09:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-14 AT 10:00 AM (EST)

Good reasoning. I agree. And that makes is almost impossible tha the fight between Jon and Jac is the fight that changes the game, even knowing (as we all do) that that clue is hyperbole.

I'm thinking that that clue refers to Nat and someone else (Jon maybe?) and that this situation has the potential of backfiring on Nat.

Or, looking at the chop pics, perhaps Baylor and Keith or Jac? Isn't that a blue rope that Baylor's chopping? And Alec is PO'd at someone to his left.

Tribe puts me in my happy place.

"RE: Argument"
Posted by chemig902 on 12-01-14 at 04:15 PM
> this
>situation has the potential of
>backfiring on Nat.

Don't forget, Baylor knows about Nat's HII. Hmm....if Jon does find another HII on EI and knows that Nat and "the boys" are gunning for him AND knows that Nat has the HII, could his alliance try to blindside Nat. If there is a double idol play with only the HII holders named in votes, would there be an automatic rock draw of everyone except Jon, Nat and the II winner? Ludicrous, but it would be interesting.

"S29 | Ep11/12 | Web Promo"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-01-14 at 08:26 PM
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur Promo
Web Promo Episode

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/D1F804CD-4CB2-78ED-E467-FA04BAA38CC0/survivor-kind-of-like-cream-cheese-still-holdin-on-preview-/

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s29_web_promo_ep11.html

Announcer: CBS, Wednesday, it's two new hours of Survivor.

Announcer: With tensions running high...

Reed: Baylor, you're a brat.

Missy: Reed, shut your mouth.

Announcer: And patience running low.

<Jaclyn and Jon arguing on the beach>

Jaclyn: Can I just finish?

Announcer: Blood Versus Water is put to the ultimate test.

Jon: Heyyyyy.

Announcer: Four crucial challenges.

Announcer: It's anyone's game to win.

Alec : My back's against the wall. I just gotta start swingin'.

Announcer: Two Tribal Councils.

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010
_0011
_0012
_0013
_0014
_0015
_0016
_0017
_0018
_0019
_0020
_0021
_0022
_0023
_0024
_0025
_0026
_0027
_0028
_0029
_0030
_0031
_0032
_0033
_0034
_0035
_0036
_0037
_0038
_0039
_0040
_0041
_0042

"RE: S29 | Ep11/12 | Web Promo"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-01-14 at 08:32 PM

Top Right: Looks like Baylor, Jon, and Natalie are in the 2nd Episode Immunity Challenge.

Bottom Left: Looks like Jaclyn and ??? (Baylor?) are in the 2nd Episode Reward Challenge

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-01-14 at 09:06 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-14 AT 09:06 PM (EST)

Boy, that was a gift! I think Reed will most likely be out first....but now with this promo we get Alec in a suspect spot, aka CTGirl Theory...

Just thrown in the middle....

I still get the feeling that it will be either Jon or Jac...fwiw.

Anyone recognize the two challenges for the second half of the 2 hour show?

Posted by chemig902 on 12-01-14 at 09:13 PM
I'm with you, FLoPo. My gut is telling me Reed @F8 and Jon or Jac @F7.

That would leave Missy/Baylor as the only couple. Nat drawing a target on herself as the strategic leader of the single alliance. Keith still learning the game (but not yet doing "the worst thing ever in Survior history"). Something tells me that one member of a posible N/K/A alliance will jump ship to help M/B/J take out the other 2.

Posted by michel2 on 12-01-14 at 11:18 PM
Let's not forget that Natalie's plan to flip the game starts and ends with Jon. There is nothing to indicate that she wants to flip it on Missy and especially Baylor who she now calls her number 1 ally. If Jon gets the boot, I feel it will be because Natalie, Missy, Baylor and Keith worked together. It's a big if. I'll be voting Reed and Alec this week. Double the episodes, double the boredom.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-02-14 at 02:16 AM
I'll be voting Reed and Alec this week. Double the episodes, double the boredom.

I may very well do the same, though I'm not sure in which order. Musing on how things would proceed after last week, I thought Reed, Keith, and Alec, in some order, would likely be the next three boots. I don't see J/J and M/B working against each other quite yet. (But...one never knows.)

Posted by Sheldor on 12-02-14 at 00:41 AM
Flowerpower wrote: Anyone recognize the two challenges for the second half of the 2 hour show?

The 2nd Reward? challenge seen at the bottom left

Is very similar to this Immunity challenge from BvW1 Ep14 which Tyson won

I don't recognize the endurance Immunity(?) challenge on the Top Right.

Posted by dabo on 12-02-14 at 02:38 AM
This does seem heading to a puzzle any attentative player could win. Let's eliminate lack of patience Alex. Who else?

Posted by Outsider32 on 12-02-14 at 03:01 AM
The top left one is also interesting..It shows Keith, Reed, Jaclyn, Baylor, and Missy with notepads in their hands or a laptop(loved ones video messages maybe?). I think that is from the second hour since the first hour is the chop challenge and the ball placement thing. And we see the IC for second hour is Natalie, Jon, and Jaclyn and RC is Jaclyn and Baylor.

This may have just given away Alec as the first boot.

Posted by Outsider32 on 12-02-14 at 03:02 AM
Okay that actually might be the chop challenge.

Posted by chemig902 on 12-02-14 at 07:01 AM
>Okay that actually might be the
>chop challenge.

Yes, they have to answer questions correcty to earn chops. A little less revealing of the true pecking order because only those with correct answer can chop each round.

"Challenge in second hour..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-02-14 at 07:53 AM
Thanks for posting, Sheldor! Yes, it looks like the same challenge....do you remember how this challenge runs?

"RE: Challenge in second hour..."
Posted by tribephyl on 12-02-14 at 10:49 AM
The castaways would pull on a rope attached to an unbalanced table to keep the table level. They would stand a wooden block on end and have to hold on to the rope to keep the block upright. They would then retrieve one of nine wooden blocks from three stations while keeping all the blocks on the table upright. Once the block was retrieved, the castaway would have to stack the block on the table and retrieve the other blocks. Should any of the the blocks fall, the castaway would have to return to the table and restack the blocks. The first castaway to have all ten blocks standing for a three count would win.

"RE: Challenge in second hour..."
Posted by Sheldor on 12-02-14 at 05:29 PM
IMMUNITY Challenge Preview
Survivor - Behind The Scenes Challenge "A Bit Tipsy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShF2E_UrdY

According to John K. this challenge we see Jaclyn doing is the IMMUNITY challenge (for the second episode Ep12)

"Challenges are all the same this season?"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-02-14 at 11:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-14 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

Anyone notice that these challenges are all the same thing this season?

Sumo challenge and then the balance on the beam and push into mud= versions of the same challenge. Fall in water, fall in mud

Balancing balls: Keith wins first one, will he win this one too?

Standing on small painful platform for endurance challenge: Reed won this and did splits later, looks like the next one is the same exact challenge.....balance on small painful block, while holding your arms up...will Natalie or Reed win? I bet Jon won't step down first, lol!

Is there anything more to the challenge where they are on a block and holding on? Doesn't look like it...

"RE: Challenges are all the same this season?"
Posted by kingfish on 12-02-14 at 05:48 PM
Reed was in pretty good shape after he won that first endurance challenge, as shown by that split. That was a taunting move.

Interesting to see that this time they can remove a foot from the perch. That might help change the outcome. Maybe.

But Keith, a smoker and a snuff user (I think that's why his salava glands are over active), he's older, he’s probably not been shy around the bottle, and he's bound to have some minor hand tremors. I don't see him repeating. Kudos if he does, but I am skeptical. I have a real hard time even seeing him as a firefighter.

Posted by Outsider32 on 12-02-14 at 06:13 PM
Pics are shown of him already placing two balls. How do we know he smokes?

Posted by kingfish on 12-02-14 at 06:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-14 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

In keith's official CBS Survivor bio, it mentions his cigar habit. Also, dippers are usually smokers.

Wes was a dipper, per his bio.

He may win, he did earlier, can't count him out.

But we don't know where the others are when he had 2 balls in, and in any case, 2 balls in is still 4 balls from the finish.

Posted by chemig902 on 12-03-14 at 05:46 AM
In last week's secret scene Reed has a confessional where he talks about how the challenge drained him. He said he has lost muscle mass doe to lack of food. He did not intend to end the challenge sitting in a split, saying that it definitely wasn't how he wanted to receive the immunity necklace. Reed gave up reward and didn't opt out for food like Nat. He won't be able to last as long in a similar challenge. Nat has a better shot after having eaten and so do some of the others. 3 hours in that challenge will have taken its toll.

Posted by kingfish on 12-03-14 at 11:15 AM
"He did not intend to end the challenge sitting in a split, saying that it definitely wasn't how he wanted to receive the immunity necklace."

There a little dissembling going on there. Because he did do the split, and that's something you do intentionally. You don't do splits accidentally. I don't know where he's coming from with that, but it pretty much puts anything he says in doubt.

Although I'm sure he did lose weight, they all will have lost weight by now.

"S29 | Ep11 | BTS Immunity Challenge"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-02-14 at 06:11 PM
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur
Episode 11
Behind the Scenes of the Immunity Challenge

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s29_challenge_ep11.html

Survivor - Behind The Scenes Challenge "Paddle Out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpKIwoHEmMs

John Kirhoffer <Challenges Producer>: This is called "Paddle Out." Each player has a paddle. Each paddle has 6 little dimples on it. On "go" start rolling billiard balls down the neck of the paddle. What we've added this year is a little rise (in the neck of the paddle). It goes up and over and then into one of the 6 dimples. The first player to get a ball to land in each of the 6 dimples wins Immunity.

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010

"S29 | Ep12 | BTS Immunity Challenge"
Posted by Sheldor on 12-02-14 at 06:14 PM
Survivor: San Juan Del Sur
Episode 12
Behind the Scenes of the Immunity Challenge

http://www.survivorfever.net/vc_s29_challenge_ep12.html

Survivor - Behind The Scenes Challenge "A Bit Tipsy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShF2E_UrdY

John Kirhoffer <Challenges Producer>: This is a classic called "A Bit Tipsy." This challenge is based on agility versus speed. The players have to hold onto a rope while racing back to get blocks and keeping a wobbly table level. They've got 10 blocks. When they get all 10 blocks back, they win the challenge. If they drop blocks, they have to put whatever block they have in their hand back on the receiving table, run up, set them all back up, and get back to the challenge. First player to get all 10 blocks stacked on their wobbly table wins Immunity.

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010
_0011
_0012
_0013
_0014

Posted by Georganna on 12-02-14 at 09:10 PM
Is it just me, or does Alec have a badly bruised leg and face
- or -
a badly bruised face and a strangely hairy leg
- or -
is Jon not the only 'dirty' one in this collection of vidcaps?

And what about any of the four Challenges we've been shown
would account for the dried mud/dirt?

So, have both he and Jon been diggin' for an Idol - somewhere?

If it's dried mud or dirt ...

G

Posted by Sheldor on 12-03-14 at 00:12 AM
In Survivor Nicaragua one of the Rewards was Volcano Surfing on Cerro Negro which Chase, Fabio, Jane, Kelly S., and NaOnka got to enjoy wearing orange jump suits. It looked like this:

Maybe the Jon or Alec won the Reward challenge to go Volcano Surfing and chose the other to go along on them and that's how their faces got dirty/black from the ash?

Probably not since I don't think the Reward would be before the Immunity challenge.

Posted by 5cats on 12-03-14 at 00:24 AM
So perhaps Jon goes to exile in 1st show and Alec in 2nd. In that case either one could have the II. ??? If Alec doesn't find he'll know Jon has it. On the other hand maybe Alec misbehaves towards Baylor again and they have a rumble in the dirt.

"Question..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-03-14 at 09:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 09:35 AM (EST)

Georgiana: You raise a good point. To me, however, Alec just looks hairy....I think that could be his beard on his face and definitely he has hairy legs. But, I don't know? If there is a volcanic ash slide reward, I do not think that Alec would be picked to go....It really seems as if one of the under the radar girls will go, could be Nat, could be Jac, could even be Missy. As Tribe noted, Missy is standing there next to Jiffy when she tells Reed to shut his mouth...

OTOH, Alec could possibly win the endurance reward?

I have a question: How sure are we that SEG will hide another idol?

If they do hide an idol, will it be 1 or 2?

"RE: Question..."
Posted by Brownroach on 12-03-14 at 11:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

I believe they would only rehide one, on Exile Island, to replace the one Jon played. The ones hidden at the camps pre-merge aren't rehidden when they get played post-merge (but they are rehidden if they are played pre-merge). Once there is a single tribe, there is only ever a single clue/idol out there to be discovered at a given time. At least, I think that's how it works.

(ETA: the HII that Natalie found would be the one rehidden pre-merge after Rocker departed with his in pocket.)

"RE: Question..."
Posted by tribephyl on 12-03-14 at 11:51 AM
Agreed. 1 idol gets re-hidden post merge.

Also, I highly doubt they would repeat the ash-slide reward.
Nope, I can pretty much guarantee they won't do the same reward.

Posted by kingfish on 12-03-14 at 11:17 AM
I'd prefer to think that Alec got a well deserved punch.

But it's probably dirt.

"Origins of the fight....J/J"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-03-14 at 10:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 11:39 AM (EST)

CBS has posted a sneak peek today....clearly the start of the fight...

It's from when they get back from TC and Jon tells her quit giving props to Natalie about the decision he made to play the idol.....Clip is located here.

Jaclyn is a dunce, Jon seems rational! She interprets this as him getting to F3 without her. She says, screw you, I am going to F3...

We know that the argument is through ep 11, and that they both make it past TC and into ep 12. Will this impact episode 12? Girls like to talk to other girls when things are going south with their boyfriends. I am SURE that the other girls around, Natalie, Missy, Baylor will all be able to tell that Jaclyn and Jon are arguing. It's inescapable. They will bug her to find out why....will she tell them? I can see Jon maybe talking to Missy about it? Or, not? How will this impact them moving forward? Could this be the beginning of the end for one of them? If the Team Joisey spoiler is to be believed, then this could be the beginning of the end for Jac? Thoughts?

ETA: We know that it is really a big deal. Jiffy noted in the preview promo: JP: But one fight will change the game for good. Usually verbiage includes "could", but this time he says it WILL change the game for good. That's what leads me to believe one of them will be toast because of this change.

We know that the argument begins the night they return from TC where Wes is booted, and it extends up to or beyond the next TC...that's 3 days, and she is still not talking to him. Trouble. We know that the winner of the season is one that seizes opportunity....and we know that Natalie wants to exact a revenge toward Jon. We also know that Jon most likely goes to EI, and if he finds an idol....then wouldn't it be incredible if Natalie swings votes to Jon, he plays the idol, and Jac goes because of it! Now that would be amazing!

"RE: Origins of the fight....J/J"
Posted by kingfish on 12-03-14 at 11:27 AM
If that’s the choice, I'm leaning toward discounting the Team Joisey Spoiler.

It just doesn't seem reasonable (and I see the pitfall there - "what does reason have to do with it?") that a disagreement like that would have that severe an effect on their relationship, especially after seeing how together and relatively rational they have been. She’s emotional, but ultimately, on this island, he’s her port in the storm. And she his.

"RE: Origins of the fight....J/J"
Posted by kingfish on 12-04-14 at 11:39 AM
Ahem!

"Vidcaps"
Posted by tribephyl on 12-03-14 at 11:45 AM
Vidcaps and Transcript courtesy of SurvivorFever.net

Jon: For future...
Jaclyn: Yeah?
Jon: If I do a play that's really good like that don't give them credit.
Jaclyn: Who?
Jon: You were like, I'm so glad you told Jon to play the idol.
Jaclyn: Natalie?
Jon: Yeah. Like just, when we talk about it later, the jury needs to know I said it.
Jaclyn: Who's the jury? What are you talking about? Like the people sitting here, right here?
Jon: Top three, top three. Like when I'm in the top three.
Jaclyn: Okay, well what happens if I get in the top three and you don't?
Jon: Yeah, that's fine.
Jaclyn: So stop acting like you are gonna...
Jon: Babe, I'm, I'll do everything I can to help you with this.
Jaclyn: Okay but I feel like this smallest thing that you're pointing out to me right now. That's the smallest thing.
Jon (camera confessional): Jaclyn gave Natalie the props for my play. We need this for jury. You can't say that was her play. Like then she's gonna use it. We can't do that. That's terrible.
Jon: Babe, why are you so mad?
Jaclyn: Because it's like, you're like "give me all the credit." It was me and Natalie, too, who were helping you with that decision.
Jon: I'm just saying, don't give it to Natalie.
Jaclyn (camera confessional): I was so mad when he took credit for something that I helped him do. That he was like, "stop saying you helped and Natalie helped. It was my decision." I was like, "screw you, I'm going to the top three then."

What's most interesting about this is that it's immediately after TC and Jon is attempting some damage control for something that may actually not be a favorable action if he gets to final 3. He also makes a huge mistake, again, by stating that he's going to F3 and not including Jaclyn. All of this before their big argument AFTER the next IC.
To me, this spells danger for both Jaclyn and Natalie.
It would also appear to be that the theme is DON'T help your alliance. Elsewise, you become the boot.

"RE: Vidcaps"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 12-03-14 at 12:05 PM
To me, these two are so competitive the "team" is breaking down. And, Jiffy told us, that this WILL change the game for good. I agree...this could feed into Natalie's revenge plans...does Jon find an HII at RI? Will he be able to "read" the opportunity that presents? It is looking more and more like either Jon or Jac will go, imo. If Jac goes, then it's because Jon most likely plays an HII.

If Jac goes then Jon will seek revenge toward Natalie...this could get GOOD!

Posted by Brownroach on 12-03-14 at 02:27 PM
Jon seems awfully condescending toward Jaclyn. And anyway, at least a few people besides Jaclyn likely saw/heard Nat telling him he should play it. He can't pretend she didn't say it.

If Jon does not want Jaclyn in the Final 3, it's obviously news to Jaclyn. He should not have implied that to her. I think these two will fall apart because of this.

Posted by chemig902 on 12-03-14 at 02:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-14 AT 02:56 PM (EST)

It makes sense that he would not want her in the F3. It seems to me that if a couple who played together both made it to the finals that there would be some degree of vote splitting. Jon probably sees the million dollar prize as "theirs" if HE wins, but here we are seeing the same anger from Jac at her perception that he sees himself winning without her at his side at FTC as she showed toward the chauvinism of the "boys" while Jon was at EI. The "boys" hurt her feelings by marginalizing her and not strategizing with her while Jon was gone, and now she sees Jon as marginalizing her in his end game. He does not want the contributions of their competitors highlighted in case the competitor makes it to FTC. She wants recognition for what she and the other women have contributed. It's a battle of logic and emotion. We have seen from the confessionals on the baseball game reward how close these two have been and how tight they see themselves as a couple. In the game environment, though, Jac needs more communication and affirmation. Jon is blind to that and the results will change the game. They have gone from the power couple who saw themselves as running the game to a divided couple that will ultimately fail. Logically, the should be working together to eliminate the biggest threat (Reed) and continue to work with Missy and Baylor to (1) avoid being taken out themselves and 2) eliminate the threat from Keith or Nat and maintain good relations with Alec to then remove Missy giving them their choice of the rude, clueless goat or the lazy goat for FTC. Instead, their power is disintegrating and the couple who could have dominated the game may both be out by F5.