URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8286
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S29 | Ep 10 | ECST ~ "This is where we build trust""

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 08:41 PM
Please keep all discussion about tonight's episode in this thread until the West Coast has seen the show. Thanks and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post TC"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 09:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-14 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

Voiceover: No idols have yet been played, leaving three in the game -- one of which hasn't been found.

Keith says Reed is a gamer. Reed says he will figure something out. Taking Jon out is a possibility.

Nat talks to Missy/Jon. Jon tells her that he has an idol. Natalie may want to get rid of Jon. She is looking for HII.

"Previously on Survivor...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 09:07 PM
After 24 days, 7 voted out and no idols played, leaving 3 idols still in the game, Jon's, that he shared with only Jac and Missy. Keith's, that Reed told everyone about.
and one that hadn't been found. Faicng tC Reed was the target of the majority all., but after EI Jeremy became suspicious of Jon, everything changed...at TC, Jon convinced enough of the tribe to take out Jeremy, sparing Reed and blindsiding Jeremy's closest ally...Natalie

Night 24...Keith, that was a smart move, TC, that was a biggie, Jeremy was voted out, I voted Reed, Hear Reed, we are on thin ice, Keith: Reed's a gamer, he's way above me with the mathematics...hear Alec: we need one more person. As long as we can stick together...

At TC Jeremy went home, it was a big play, big success. Trying to decide how to go deeper, stick with Jon, or taking out Jon, who thinks he is alpha male here.

Natalie: I felt totally blindsided...Nat to Missy, Na: it sucks as Jeremy was my partner, I had to put on a good face and pretend. Jon tells her that he has the idol. I wouldn't tell you, if I didn't trust you now, everything is still the exact same....Natalie in conf it was Jon behind it, I want to give Jon a taste of his own medicine at the right time, and moment.

See Natalie at night, watke up when they all are sleeping, she has to find the idol...Baylor showed her the immunity idol clue. 1- something from the flag, so to do list: find idol, if I can find it, that would be amazing because I would like to get rid of Jon....cut to intro...

"RC"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 09:14 PM
Two teams, dive into water, bring puzzle pieces back to platform.

Reward: bring baseball equipment to local kids, while eating ballpark food.

Schoolyard pick, Keith not selected.

Yellow: Jon, Alec,Reed, Jaclyn
Blue: Baylor, Missy, Wes, Natalie

Neck and neck so far.

Now Alec a little ahead of Natalie.

Yellow wins. Reed gives up his reward to Missy. Wes going to EI. Reed wants to use the opportunity to get the ball rolling on a Jon boot.

"RE: RC"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-26-14 at 09:17 PM
Natalie/Baylor left behind with only Keith and Reed. Natalie/Baylor will definitely be looking for that 3rd idol!

"RE: RC"
Posted by Outsider32 on 11-26-14 at 09:17 PM
Getting worried it's Jon that will play his idol and Keith might go?

"After intro...."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 09:16 PM
Come on in guys to the RC, out in the water...divide into two teams, dive climb up platform, get key, collect uzzle pieces, use to build puzzle statue. Playing for serving as good will ambassadors to deliver baseball supplies to kids in need, enjoy hotdogs etc, say thank you to San Juan Del Sur for hosting you....school yard picked

Yellow: Reed, Jon, Alec, Jacklyn, for Blue: Missy, Wes, Baylor, Natalie

Jon in first vs Wes...WEs up first for blue, he has key, jon, they have to unclip puzzle pieces and swim back to platform, get them up...now Missy and Jacklyn go...Missy has key, Jack has key, tribe mate can throw you a buoy to help pull them in, now Baylor is in, and has key, and reed is going too, Reed caught up, it's very close...Alec is going faster....yellow in first, but very close.

One of the four keys will open the lock, yellow has theirs open...blue can't get their locks open. Jon is doing the puzzle...Blue can't get their locks undone, Keith shown shaking his head...Yellow is just about done, and they win reward! See Baylor agonize...

Baylor is crying because Missy hasn't won a reward yet...Reed gives his reward up for Missy...doing good for other people...Nat has her arm around Baylor.

Reed and Missy hug....it's a big move Reed...who are you sending to EI...Wes has to go...off he goes...Jon, Missy, Jac, and Alec get a once in a lifetime Survivor Experience. the rest go home.

Reed conf: Missy wants to go on this reward, this will give me a chance to get the ball rolling to get out Jon...

"RE: After intro...."
Posted by Sheldor on 11-26-14 at 09:18 PM
...I guess Reed forgot what happened to Jeremy when he gave up Reward! I'm thinking I should have voted for Reed!

"Post RC"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 09:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-14 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

At the reward: lots of cute kids. Missy says it's wonderful to see this, she is recharged. Jon says he and Jaclyn would love to have kids, but Jaclyn can't. She has a syndrome (didn't catch the name). But they can adopt. Nothing from Alec, though he looked like he was having fun.

Back at camp: Reed talking to Keith. He is counting on the majority alliance splitting the vote between Keith and Wes (thinking Reed and Alec will be voting with them). But then Reed, Keith, Wes and Alec will vote for Jon. Keith vaguely comprehends.

Natalie and Baylor find the third idol. Natalie wants Jon out, but wants to get one of the other boys out first. I.e. Reed, he is scary.

"RE: S29 | Ep 10 | ECST ~ "This is where we build trust""
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 09:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-14 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

See the baseball field and the kids, and the survivors have gym bags FULL of equipment....and the kids come running form all over. Missy gets the conf: kids swarming us, Christmas, give me my presents....so sweet to see them with their new stuff...start crying just thinking about it. So fun for me, a single mom raising my 2 kids, my single biggest priority. I feel like the energizer bunny...getting recharged.

See Alec, they are watching a ball game...Jon telling Missy, this kid really wants some ice cream. Kids are a soft spot for us...Kids are definitely a huge heart string for Jac and me, as long as I can remember I have always wanted kids, but unfortunately, Jaclyn is not able to have kids, she was born with MRKH syndrome, it affects 1 in 4000 women...when she told me that she couldn't have kids, I was like okay, we can adopt. I am not going to leave a women because she is not able to birth a child...

See Jon put a batting hat on, at bat, hear Missy cheering for Jon...

Jacklyn: Jon and I have a lot of love to give and it doesn't matter if it is an adopted child, the love we have to give is just crazy, so...it's gonna be okay, smiles...

Jon bunts one and the kids tag him, but he makes it, YEAH, raises arms and cheers...

Back at camp: Baylor myself keith and Nat back at camp. I knew I had to have a come to jesus talk with Kieth. Where do you stand in this game? Soeme times I don't know if Kieth understands the intricacies of how this game is played. See him talking, that other all. is convinced that you have the idol, they want to split the vote between you and Wes, but Alec and I are going to vote with you and Wes. I am counting on the majority all. will split the vote, but if we stay strong, we should take out Jon in one fell swoop, play big or go home and I hope it pans out. That's my plan, what are your thoughts?

Keith is like uh? says in conf: he still may not have to play his idol, hopefully...

Cut to Nat and Baylor...looking for the idol...Baylor in conf tells us that Natalie was ready to find the idol...Natalie is digging...in conf: i went back to the flag, were these logs here when you came, it's in the heart of the camp, by the if ire...she has it...we are out of our minds. We run to the water as fast as we can....they found it..it's awesome, finding it was exactly how you think it will feel. it's like my little twine, my friend out here. We keep Jon feeling comfortable for one more vote, so we keep the numbers, then next time get Jon. But, we vote Reed tonight, then take out Jon, next....Nat says that Reed is so scary, Baylor, I know he is....cut to commercial

"IC"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 09:39 PM
Wes is back. No footage of him on EI.

Balancing on narrow perch while holding handle above head. Lose footing or drop handle, you're out.

Temptations arrive. Sugar! Jon steps down for plateful of candy after 7 minutes.

Missy out next.

Another temptation arrives. Baylor and Jaclyn step down for cookies and milk.

Wes steps down for chicken wings-- no immunity for Wes! Uh-oh.

Keith is out now.

Alec out. Only Nat and Reed left.

Wes mentions Jeff's appearance in Two and a Half Men.

Another temptation: pizza, chicken wings, beer. Natalie goes for it.

Reed wins immunity!

"RE: IC"
Posted by Outsider32 on 11-26-14 at 09:41 PM
Jon is gonna play his idol. Keith goes.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-26-14 at 09:43 PM
VERY SNEAKY including Reed from a different Tribal Council unless of course he gives up that Immunity Necklace!!

Posted by michel2 on 11-26-14 at 10:06 PM
They really pulled one on us, didn't they?!

Posted by suzzee on 11-26-14 at 10:22 PM
Yes, but I'll be back for more.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-26-14 at 11:52 PM
Wes wasn't even on my radar as a possible boot until the close-up of him snarfing down his wings. #taco overload foreshadowed his boot, lol.

"Post finding the HII"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 09:46 PM
Come on in guys: At the IC...Wes joins them, smiling, see Kieth, you made it...Keith is crying again...Baylor gives the IN back...immunity back up for grabs. balance feet on narrow perch while holding handle up above if at any point your hand or foot comes off, you are out....

Challenge is on: Everyone's station is adapted per their height...equal and fair for everybody, only thing must do is keep hands on the perch and feet on...Jon stretches way out..."I ain't feeling it, just showing off"

Tempting them with gummy bears...see Jon blinking...see wes...candy, no one takes it...candy and gummy bears...Jon steps down and goes for the candy

Jac yells eat that chocolate....he screams...my favorite candy bar, he lasted 7 minutes...he feels that safe....I would have stayed up there if I thought I could last...I'm 53, how old are you Jon? 26

Time has elapsed...Jack is in pain, Missy is out....see Natalie....Baylor tells her to shut her mouth....Jiffy has more food...if 2 people step down do they have to share it? Baylor and Jac get off to share 5 chocolate chip cookies and 2 glasses of milk
more temptation....chicken wings...WES steps down....
We are down to 4...Natalie, Keith, Alec,

Keith points out that Natalie's team is over there? Why did Wes drop? Wes brags that he ate 53 chicken nuggets in one minute once...l

See Alec , see Natalie, see Kieht, see Reed...1 hour 20 minutes has elapsed...
Jon licking a plate...Wes stares at him. Keith's feel look numb...see Alec is squirming...see Keith's feet, struggling to find some spot that doesn't hurt...Keith steps down...Missy says, that's amazing...
Alec steps down, no shot at immunity, now down to two, Natalie and Reed, fighting for immunity on day 26...3 hours

Reed spits, then Natalie spits, and it lands on her front...Jiffy says, that's unfortunate...Nat asks if there is anymore food coming out? Natlalie says that he doesn't look like he's coming down...Jiffy is going to get more food....chicken wings and pizza, cookie, water, beer, and here is the necklace. Just because you ask for it, doesn't mean you have to take it...If I am going to fall off...

REED WINS IN! Well, it's NOT REED that goes tonight...Natalie says she was seeing stars, so wanted some sustenance

Reed steps off and goes into a split..., see Natalie eating the pizza. Reed says that at least I am not going home tonight....wow, Reed is going to be hard to beat at immunity!

"Post TC"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 09:46 PM
Reed says it's telling that Jon stepped down. Jon will be leaving.

Jon and Missy talking. Now with Alec. "This is where we build trust" says Jon. He wants to save his idol.

"TC"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 09:54 PM
Jeff points out that no idol has been played yet.

Jon looks like he may be having second thoughts about his idol.

Keith says, "I say stick to the plan"!

"This is confusing!". Nobody knows what is going on.

Time to vote.

No votes shown, predictably.

Natalie whispers to Jon to play his idol. He does!
Now Keith plays his idol on himself.

Votes:
Jon
Jon
Jon
Keith
Keith
Jon
Keith
Wes
Wes is voted out! WOW. That was cool.

"Worst Thing Ever"
Posted by michel2 on 11-26-14 at 10:04 PM
Now we know what was Keith's worst thing in Survivor history: They had Jon until he opened his trap and said "Stick to the Plan." It cost him Wes.

"RE: Worst Thing Ever"
Posted by suzzee on 11-26-14 at 10:25 PM
Michel, you'll know this, is Wes the first double idol bounce boot?

Posted by michel2 on 11-26-14 at 10:41 PM
I think Phillip was voted after two idols were played in Caramoan.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-26-14 at 10:52 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-14 AT 10:52 PM (EST)

Correct. Malcolm gave up both of his HIIs (one for himself and one for, can't remember who he gave it to - both of them got votes that weren't counted) to oust Special Agent Underpants.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-28-14 at 11:53 PM
IIRC, Malcolm gave his other idol to Eddie.

Posted by CTgirl on 11-26-14 at 11:47 PM
Michel, I think its possible that he made the comment about the worst mistake ever after Reed found the HII instructions and it wasn't shown.

Posted by michel2 on 11-27-14 at 06:42 AM
Maybe but this was worse!

"Nex time"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 09:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-14 AT 10:09 PM (EST)

Uh, NEXT time.

Two-hour episode. Reed calls Baylor a brat. Missy takes umbrage. Jon and Jaclyn have a fight before tribal council.

P.s. after tonight I am ever more convinced that Natalie is going to win this. They should have promoted this episode better. It had a TON of interesting things going on, but the teasers barely captured that. I guess they just wanted to be coy.

"RE: Next time"
Posted by chemig902 on 11-26-14 at 10:57 PM

>P.s. after tonight I am ever
>more convinced that Natalie is
>going to win this.

After tonight, Natalie is the player that I most want to see win this. She is really playing the game. She kept Reed from taking control by warning Jon, she still sees that Jon must be eliminated, and she is the only one in the game with an idol! After TAR, I never thought I 'd be a Nat fan.

TONS of interesting stuff here. After seeing Jon open up so much about his relationship with Jac and her infertility, it will be interesting to see next week's fight in counterpoint to their closeness. It will be interesting to see what leads up to the fight and if it is just good teaser propaganda or if it has a real impact on the game.

"RE: Nex time"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-26-14 at 11:01 PM
This really was a great episode, one for the ages.

If Natalie was going to win, shouldn't they start amping up her game through confessionals and in-camp shots? Still time, yes, but there are others in the game who are getting better exposure to this point (not to say that I don't see Natalie as a capable winner type, mind you - I just see Missy as a better candidate at this point in time).

Posted by CTgirl on 11-26-14 at 11:49 PM
By far the best episode of the season! I agree that Missy is still the best candidate for the win. To me Natalie is getting the sweetheart edit that goes out at #4 like Spencer last season.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-26-14 at 11:59 PM
I see Missy and Baylor as being on a "journey" trajectory. Their story is about their relationship with each other, it's not about winning "Survivor". One or the other might make it to F3, but I'm hard-pressed to see either of them ultimately winning. I feel the same way about Jon and Jaclyn. At present, I can't see any of the remaining pair members winning.

And I think Natalie is getting sufficient exposure.

Posted by michel2 on 11-27-14 at 06:45 AM
You could be right, BR. This was a terrific episode for Natalie and it showed a bad mistake by Missy when she said she believed Alec. You never let outsiders dictate your strategy.

Posted by suzzee on 11-27-14 at 09:37 AM
Natalie pretty much ordered Jon to play his idol while Jacklyn was shown to be reluctant for him to use it. The preview showed a big blow up between them, I wonder if Jaclyn got her nose out of joint over Natalie telling him to play it while Jaclyn was counting on that idol to save herself at some point. It's looking like she was ready to burn Jon to get herself further.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-27-14 at 12:25 PM
I agree BR, I see Missy and Baylor as the journey players.

But, what about one of the pairs once they are freed of their partners? And, we know that will indeed happen.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-27-14 at 01:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-14 AT 01:41 AM (EST)

Well yes, that's certainly a consideration. Part of the reason the pairs are edited so much as, well, pairs, is that they have lasted this long. So we'll see. I'm usually hesitant to pick an out-and-out winner. But I see Natalie as a strong contender, and I think she would do well in front of the jury -- after all, her game partner went out first, so she's been on her own since the beginning.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-27-14 at 02:49 PM
Yes, and Jiffy has hit us over the head with the winner will be someone that can play in the moment, and so far, Natalie fits that perfectly. And, it's someone that he would never have called as winner....

I can't help but think Jaclyn will get picked off before Jon, and if that happens, would Natalie shift strategy and then want to work with Jon, as she did with Jeremy, to shield her to the end. Then when the time came, if he wins IC, he will take her with him, and cut one of Missy/Baylor? If he didn't win IC, at F4, she could go to end game with Missy/Bay. Or, she will win the IC at F4, and have options. Win/Win for Natalie....

"Post IC drama, pre TC"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 10:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-14 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

Day 26...they arrive back...Natalie, Reed in conf:...whatever...Jon stopped down 7 minutes into the challenge, always telling that means he is going home tonight...see Keith, he asked Reed, Jon? Yes. l will have 4 people vote for Keith, and 3 vote for Wes...then us four vote Jon, and he will go home. It's an amazing plan, but it has to be stuck to.

See him walking with Alec, make sure you vote for Jon, yes..., I am down, we can turn this game around....Reed telling Missy, you vote for Keith...cool

Alec in conf: The opposing alliance think we are voting with them, voting Kieth, but we are gonna blindside Jon tonight. See the sloth, then see Missy

Missy walking with Jon: Are we still doing the split...if we don't do this now, one of them has the idol. Jon tells missy that REED will NOT vote with them tonight. Jon asks Alec, are you down, are you 100% tonight, this is where we build trust tonight. Jon in conf: it is the first time that I am at the mercy of my alliance. I am saving the idol for either me or Jac. I feel that it would be selfish of me to use it on myself, it gives me some hope, talking to alec, that's why I think it will go as planned, this is the most important tribal tonight....

See Jon, then see Jeremy, then see Missy....JIffy: the last 2 tribal councils, two people have been blindsided...I know I trust these people, but so did Josh, and so did Jeremy...with all this talk of trust, no idols played...Keith says somebody feels comfortable...Jiffy: can't get to the end if you don't survive every single tribal...pressure to use it at the right time. Natlaie said it is a blessing or a curse...Reed, 5 stepped down that were together, said that when Wes stepped down, he wasn't in with the other group, so are they sharing an idol? Keith says, Idols are everywhere, at this point I say, stick to the plan....Jon is confused. You think you have a plan, then see Reed talking, we can't let paranoia set in...to Keith, in the middle of TC....WOW....Reed is trying to talk to them, and right in the middle of TC, he is really blowing it...they all see him talking to Keith and the boys...Jaclyn and Jon, and Natalie, all see him. BAylor: you don't know what is real and what isn't...I don't know what is going to happen...my gut is going to tell me what to do...Natalie puts her hands in her face...Reed is still talking...see Jon...see Keith, see Wes, see Jon, Vote tally....Natalie tells Jon to play your idol...Jon says.. are you sure, she says, it is up to you, and she puts her face in her hands....Jon is playing his idol...I would rather play this than go home with it in my pocket...Jon plays the idol...Keith stands up too...he tried to give it to Wes, but he told him to keep it....
Jon
Jon
Jon
Keith
Keith
Jon
I am so glad I played that, says Jon
Keith
Wes
Wes

OMG, We've been bamboozled...Jon laughs to Reed, "you sly dog, you!"...see kieth put his head down....Wes says damn, damn, damn as Jeff snuffed his torch.

Baylor turns to Jaclyn, Natalie, and Jon and says, so Alec voted Jon? Jac says yes and so did Reed...

Jiffy: Well it is quite clear that you guys are playing this game in the moment, it's a aggressive and it's risky and now that you have started you can never go back...

Posted by Sheldor on 11-26-14 at 10:07 PM
9 Votes Reed
6 Votes Alec
0 Votes Wes

BLINDSIDED!

Editors made us think Wes was Immune and Reed was NOT!
SNEAKY!

Posted by dabo on 11-26-14 at 11:20 PM
Yeah, that was the hidden boot this season. Wes was pretty much invisible all week (not even seen in TC promo shots) and during the episode (goes to Exile and vanishes until time for IC).

Great TC, though, and two idols well played. The only thing Keith could have done differently would have been to hand it to Wes and tell him to pocket it for future use.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 11:44 PM
Chalk one up to EPMB, they are finally catching on! After so many years of posting shots of TC with glimpses of the IN seen....Kudos, we ALL fell for it!

"BEST TRIBAL in a LONG TIME!!!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 10:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-14 AT 11:49 PM (EST)

Next time on Survivor:

A special two hour episode
Jiffy: Tensions are high
See Alelc
Reed: Baylor, you are a brat
Missy: Reed, shut your mouth for a second and listen

Jiffy: But one fight will change the game for good
Jaclyn: don't touch me
see Natalie, see Keith
Jon: see you at TC tonight
Jon in conf: And she won't even talk to me, Not a good time to do that
Jac: Screw him

hope my dad goes far and wins a million bucks, glad I got to experience this with him..those wings definitely were not worth a million dollars, I do regret the decision on stepping off, nope, got to wing it some time and take risks..

"RE: BEST TRIBAL in a LONG TIME!!!"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-26-14 at 11:11 PM
I just want to add that I thought everything would still have gone as planned if REED had not blown it. To me, he totally blew it, he started freaking out over what Keith said, and I don't think Keith said that much...it was Reed that gave it away, he kept talking to the guys right in front of all of them and they heard it and saw him....

Next week is the coconut chop challenge. Baylor must have chopped Reed's rope....he calls her a brat, and then Missy buts in. Then the big fight....clearly this is the moment that Jiffy has been hinting at....but somehow I don't think that Jon will be going home, but Jaclyn, otoh, just might? But, in order for that to happen, Reed would have to win IC again....a two hour special...will there be a double elimination?

"RE: BEST TRIBAL in a LONG TIME!!!"
Posted by dabo on 11-26-14 at 11:24 PM
I think it is actually two episodes running the same night.

"Yep"
Posted by dabo on 11-26-14 at 11:27 PM
Yep, and Natalie put the pieces together.

Episode 12: "Still Holdin' On"

Airdate: Wednesday, December 5, 2014

Press Release:
Jeff Probst's Entertainment Weekly Tease:

Episode 11: "Kind of Like Cream Cheese"

Airdate: Wednesday, December 5, 2014

Press Release:
Jeff Probst's Entertainment Weekly Tease:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s29_episode_titles.html

"Coconut Chop is back!"
Posted by CTgirl on 11-26-14 at 11:55 PM
I am so excited the Coconut Chop is back. I was just thinking that it's time - so many players haven't seen the early seasons. We could get some revealing chops!

"RE: Coconut Chop is back!"
Posted by Outsider32 on 11-27-14 at 02:06 AM
Reed will clearly be first one out. Then Keith, I think Keith, Reed, and Alec will try to chop out Jon before they are out. This is a Misy or Baylor win to me.