URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8264
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S29 | Ep 07 | Title, Tweets and Teases *no sources* "

Posted by CTgirl on 10-30-14 at 03:55 PM
Thanks to Survivor Fever:

Episode 7 Title: "Million Dollar Decision"

Jeff Probst's Entertainment Weekly Tease:

Looks like merge time next week. What else can you tell us about next week's episode?
One move will really annoy most of our audience and most of the players.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S29 | Ep 07 | Title, Tweets and Teases *no sources* "
Posted by b1whois on 10-30-14 at 05:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-30-14 AT 05:46 PM (EST)

could that "annoying move" be a QUIT!!??

Posted by Sheldor on 10-30-14 at 05:55 PM

THE PRESSURE OF THE GAME FORCES ONE CASTAWAY TO CONTEMPLATE THROWING IN THE TOWEL, ON “SURVIVOR” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 5

"Million Dollar Decision" – The pressure of the game forces one castaway to contemplate throwing in the towel. Also, alliances start to crumble with the impending merge and one castaway commits the ultimate sin, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/view?id=41108

Sounds like Julie contemplates (again) quitting.
And Keith will say "I've done the worst thing in Survivor history"

"a little history lesson"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-31-14 at 02:53 PM
I've gone back and snagged all of the CBS-Misdirection from seasons 18 until now, that contained either a Med-Evac or quit for specific episodes.

Season: Ep#
Title
Tease
Med-Evac/Quit

S18: Tocantins | Ep.7
"The Dragon Slayer"
A power player decides to come into the merge fighting, but his plan may be thwarted before it can be carried out.
Joe is Med-Evac'd

S19: Samoa | Ep.2
"Taking Candy From a Baby"
A rugby-like game gets out of control and one player is ejected from the contest
Mike Borassi is Medically Evacuated.

S19: Samoa Ep.6
"This Is the Man Test"
The Reward Challenge is brought to an early halt by a medical emergency when one castaway reaches the breaking point.
Russell Swan is Medically Evacuated.

S21:Nicaragua | Ep.11
"You started, you're finishing."
Emotions run high as the elements set in and the castaways are left questioning their place in the game.
Naonka and Purple Kelly quit.

S24: OneWorld | Ep.6
"Thanks For the Souvenir"
Extreme pain threatens to derail one castaway's chances of staying in the game.
Colton quits, with an idol in his pocket.

S25: Philippines | Ep.5
"Got My Swag Back"
As conditions worsen at camp, one castaway is faced with a game-changing decision
Dana complains of stomach pain and despite being allowed to continue playing, she quits.

S26: Caramoan | Ep.4
"Kill or Be Killed"
When a medical emergency strikes, one castaway's ability to play the game is in danger.
Shamar self med-evacs.

S27: Blood Vs. Water | Ep.3
"Opening Pandora's Box"
The tribes watch in disbelief as a castaway quits the game.
Colton quits again.

S28: | Ep.5
"We Found Our Zombies"
A shocking blindside leaves one castaway questioning their resolve to play the game.
Lindsey quits.

You'll notice that each of them highlight the quit/med-evac even if they are veiled attempts at doing so.

The fact that the misdirection this week seems to single out Julie as the castaway to contemplate throwing in the towel, (when she clearly had already reached that breaking point last episode but was talked out of it.) means that she will most likely move forward with those thoughts this episode.

I'm thinking we'll here a bunch of talk about what everyone is hoping will happen at TC, that lines will be drawn and factions formed, then Julie quits.
Leaving room for Ep8 title of "wrinkle in the plan".

"RE: a little history lesson"
Posted by suzzee on 10-31-14 at 04:20 PM
Quits At Tribal Council? Or just before? It's too dark during TC for a big quit boat scene, wouldn't that infuriate production?

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by michel2 on 10-31-14 at 05:05 PM
Actually, they don't always highlight the quit/med-evac.

Take this one: A rugby-like game gets out of control and one player is ejected from the contest.

There's nothing about Borassi in there. The player ejected from the contest was Ben the Outlaw who kicked Swan

Also, Nicaragua's tease was not really talking about the double quit: Emotions run high as the elements set in and the castaways are left questioning their place in the game.

Their place in the game would refer more to their position in the alliance. To highlight the quit, it should have said something like "questioning their decision to play the game."

"Julie quits..."
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 10-31-14 at 05:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-14 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

We know this episodes conflict is between Josh/Reed vs. Jeremy. We know that Julie is on the breaking point. We know this weeks title is, "Million dollar question", while next weeks is, "Wrinkle in the plan".

I think Julie will quit this week....the million dollar question for her is, are the elements in the game worth a million dollars to her? Probably not...Rocker already has millions, right?

This will thwart Jeremy's and Josh's plans to get out each other, thus, "a wrinkle in the plan"?

Further more, we have these teases:

1. alliances start to crumble with the impending merge The alliances so far on both sides are: Jon/Jacklyn + Baylor/Missy...+Keith, then on nuHunahpu: Josh/Reed, Wes, Alec,,,,,then Jeremy/Natalie/Julie. I definitely don't see Jeremy and company joining up with Josh/Reed/Wes/Alec. So, that would possibly lead to Jeremy/Nat/Julie hooking up with Jon/Jacklyn, Missy/Baylor....which would pull Keith back to Wes, Josh/Reed/Alec.

ETA: Trouble is, this is a hard one to figure out. I think the alphas in the group will dictate the alliance crumble. Jon stated that they had to go with the couple that would be the best for them. Missy/Baylor are pretty forthright players...they are attached to Natalie and she is an alpha, and so is Jeremy. Jeremy will dictate the move and Natalie will make it happen...perhaps? But, Jon is biding his time perhaps...we know that he is totally against the singles...so how does he agree to go along with this? Is it that he just goes along to get along?

2. one castaway commits the ultimate sin: This, my friends, I think is referring to this...Keith: I've done the worst thing in Survivor history!

What is the "worst thing" in Survivor history? Does he lose his HII? That would be a first? I just can't think of anything else....what could be so bad?

"Actually...no quitter"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-01-14 at 07:54 AM
Upon review of this picture:

You can see that the sun is setting, so this is at dusk. We see all the daws at the IC, including Julie. So, if she quits she does so right before TC? No, that doesn't make sense to me. I think Julie will last through this episode....thoughts?

"wellll...."
Posted by tribephyl on 11-01-14 at 11:17 AM
I hate to be on the other side of this but to me it makes perfect sense.

Julie was miserable when the storm hit. Wanting to call it quits, even giving herself an out by stating that she had promised herself that if it got too hard she could just go.
Julie, whether she likes it or not, is integral to Jeremy's plans going forward. To the point where he emphatically attempted to get her to change her mind and stay strong.
At this point it will become a choice between creature comforts and Jeremy's game as to why she'll stay or go.

From a logistics point of view: Production is hoping she won't quit. Things were still in flux when the first 2 peeps dropped out, but to lose another to a quit, (and possibly yet another with a med-evac) will force them to an F2 w/ 8 or 9 jurors. Just to have enough people left at the end. Best not to pile on the exits just about half-way through. Spread 'em out.

Plus, the wrinkle in the plan won't be because Josh was booted. I think it will be because Jeremy felt sure he had the numbers to oust Josh before Julie quit, but now he doesn't.

Honestly, I don't think she has it in her to last through the whole cycle and she won't have to as she will quit before even going to TC.

So, yes. JP arrives at Huyopa at dusk. Dressed in the same outfit he was wearing at the Immunity Challenge. To synopsize the recent event and to ultimately give them a reprieve from Tribal Council tonight.

"RE: wellll...."
Posted by michel2 on 11-01-14 at 03:27 PM
I agree with you, Tribe. Julie stayed because she was needed but her alliance will have the numbers: Jeremy, Natalie, Missy, Baylor, Jaclyn and Jon over Josh, Reed, Alec and Wes. Keith isn't needed either. No TC so next week starts with Julie's quit presenting a wrinkle in Missy's plan but it won't matter in the end.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-01-14 at 06:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-14 AT 06:35 PM (EST)

No Tribe, you are right, I think. I had not checked Jiffy's attire at the IC....

I am on board. Looks almost definitively that Julie will quit this episode, most likely at dusk. I agree, we heard Jeremy say, he needed her at least till the merge and she agreed, most likely. Just seems like such a poor time to throw in the towel...it's not raining right now, she has a full belly from the merge feast...she's most likely under the radar for a while... Why not even wait till tribal and ask to be voted out? I just don't get these quitters...?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-01-14 at 06:48 PM
The game does funny things to people's psyches - I'd wager that Julie thought she'd feel better once the weather warmed up and she got some food in herself, but then she saw that she was still miserable. She's got Rocker's money to keep her warm at night, so she may not have the inner desire to fight through all odds that most of the other contestants would.

Regarding Jaclyn... that's a Barbie doll if I've ever seen one - hair up, skinny arms and legs that look like you could twist and turn them yourselves (or even pop out of their sockets and rearrange), etc.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-03-14 at 05:44 PM
Flowerpower wrote: "Why not even wait till tribal and ask to be voted out?"

If Julie got voted out she would most likely be the first member of the Jury and would have to live at Ponderosa for the next 21 days before she got to see John again.

http://survivor.wikia.com/wiki/Survivor_Rulebook

"At the Survivor: Nicaragua Reunion Show, it was revealed that after the controversial back-to-back quits of NaOnka Mixon and Kelly Shinn, the producers decided that starting from Survivor: Redemption Island, not only quitting is considered a violation of their contract, this would result in a contestant's exclusion from the Jury (if the quitter left the game during the Jury phase of the game) and withholding their consolation prize. "

So if Julie quits she won't be a Jury member and gets to spend a 21 day vacation with John...

Posted by suzzee on 11-03-14 at 05:01 PM
Jiffy's comment from last week, something like , "You lost a member of your tribe." would be said pre-merge right? Post merge there are only alliances not a "tribe" mentality.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by tribephyl on 11-03-14 at 09:42 PM
In the season preview he says... "You just lost a member."
Nothing denoting tribe.

Posted by Sheldor on 10-31-14 at 06:04 PM
GREAT post tribephyl!!

Last 18 player season with a quitter

S25: Philippines | Ep.5
    "Got My Swag Back"
    As conditions worsen at camp, one castaway is faced with a game-changing decision
    Dana complains of stomach pain and despite being allowed to continue playing, she quits.

Dana quit *and* Dawson was voted out in Episode 5.

So it is possible that we could have both a quit and and vote off in Episode 7 and a 8 person Jury / Final 3 as in Philippines.

Posted by Outsider32 on 11-02-14 at 00:07 AM
Keith votes his son out? Could that be it? He was shown talking about getting back together with Wes at the merge. Forshadowing?

Posted by Outsider32 on 11-02-14 at 00:45 AM
The ultimate sin could be Julie.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-02-14 at 09:46 AM
Yes, Julie will be the one that commits the ultimate sin, at least that is what the latest promo infers. I just want to point out that historically misdirection promos are placed after the episode airs, and perhaps early in the week cycle, then as the week progresses, the later promos often lead us in the right direction. So, earlier in the week we had Jeremy vs. Josh, now we are getting the Julie suspicion...

Question is, with an impending quitter (spec: Julie), will they hold a TC as well which gives us a double eviction? Or, will they say, no TC tonight?

Posted by michel2 on 11-02-14 at 12:01 PM
"...will they hold a TC as well which gives us a double eviction? Or, will they say, no TC tonight?"

Being cynical, I think it will depend on who is up for elimination. If someone that production likes is about to go, they'd say no TC. If it's a lesser player then they'll go ahead.

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 11-02-14 at 12:50 PM
Well, since it is all about Jeremy vs Josh....what then? I'd say they wait, no TC.
If Josh wins immunity, and it appears to be Reed, will they wait or not? Most likely not, and TC continues?

If they do have 2 boots this episode, will it effect the end game, an F2/F3?

Posted by michel2 on 11-02-14 at 01:20 PM
With this format, I think they'll have to make it a F3 (another reason why I hate this twist). What interest would there be if Jon and Jaclyn or any other pair of Loved Ones face off in the end? A Romber repeat would be hard to stomach even if SeeBS loves its Soaps!

Right now, with one elimination per episode, they are right on track to start episode 14 with 5 players, leaving them with the prefered 2 IC and 3 TC format for the finale. We've seen Finales with only 1 IC and 2 TC though. They show us a meanigless reward challenge to fill time.

That means they could still have two eliminations this week but then they'd have to really cross their fingers that no one else quits or gets injured in the next 6 episodes. So maybe the math will cure me of my cynicism and force me to say that it will be too early for a double boot no matter who is on the block.

What a tortuous way to answer a simple question!!!

Posted by CTgirl on 11-02-14 at 01:36 PM
Thanks for doing the math Michel!

I think if you pair the probable quit with next week's title, "wrinkle in the plan," that there is no TC this week. They weren't able to vote out their target and now the survivors have to go through another IC to see if their boot choice (Jeremy or Josh) has immunity or not.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-02-14 at 02:33 PM
Heh about the math.

Taking another look in a visual way, using the numbers in your post:

Ep07 - 12 left at start to 10 left (if boot + quit)
Ep08 - 10 to 9
Ep09 - 9 to 8
Ep10 - 8 to 7
Ep11 - 7 to 6
Ep12 - 6 to 5
Ep13 - 5 to 4
Ep14 - Final 4

Certainly looks like there would be a time-filler (i.e. meaningless reward challenge and/or Fallen Comrades) and a final 3 with a jury of 8 (I'd believe that over a F2 with a jury of 9). All are numbers that we've seen in past seasons, so nothing particularly unusual.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-04-14 at 08:48 PM
Now that the Finale has been announced for Wed Dec 17th we know there are ONLY 13 episodes this season (same as Cagayan which also had 18 players).

Ep07 - 12 left at start to 10 left (if boot + quit)
Ep08 - 10 to 9
Ep09 - 9 to 8
Ep10 - 8 to 7
Ep11 - 7 to 6
Ep12 - 6 to 5
Ep13 - 5 to 4, 4 to 3, Final 3

I would guess quitter is NOT allowed to be on the Jury
Final 3 and Jury of 8

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-04-14 at 09:34 PM
Thanks for clearing up the schedule... so there's definitely going to be an episode with two people leaving at some point, whether it's a quit + boot or a double boot.

Posted by Outsider32 on 11-05-14 at 03:16 AM
Same amount of episodes if you count the 2 hour premiere of Cagayan as 1 episode that consisted of 2 TCs.

Posted by Sheldor on 11-05-14 at 06:59 AM
Outsider wrote: "Same amount of episodes if you count the 2 hour premiere of Cagayan as 1 episode that consisted of 2 TCs"

Right. Both S28 Cagayan and S29 San Juan del Sur are 18 player seasons with 13 Episodes and NO Redemption Island to mess with the vote offs / eliminations.

S28 Cagayan had 2 Double Elimination Episodes (Ep01 and Ep05) hence Ep13 Finale was a Final2.

S29 San Juan del Sur needs One Double Elimination Episode to have a Final3 and TWO Double Elimination Episodes to have a Final2.

Comparisons of S28 and S29 Episodes and Eliminations:

Wed 02/26/14 S28E01 18->16 David/Garrett
Wed 03/05/14 S28E02 16->15 Brice
Wed 03/12/14 S28E03 15->14 J'Tia
Wed 03/19/14 S28E04 14->13 Cliff
Wed 03/26/14 S28E05 13->11 Lindsey(Quit)/Alexis
Wed 04/02/14 S28E06 11->10 Sarah
Wed 04/09/14 S28E07 10->09 Morgan
Wed 04/16/14 S28E08 09->08 LJ
Wed 04/23/14 S28E09 08->07 Jeremiah
Wed 04/30/14 S28E10 07->06 Jefra
Wed 05/07/14 S28E11 06->05 Tasha
Wed 05/14/14 S28E12 05->04 Trish
Wed 05/21/14 S28E13 04->02 Spencer/Kass; Final2 = Woo/Tony

Wed 09/24/14 S29E01 18->17 Nadiya
Wed 10/01/14 S29E02 17->16 Val
Wed 10/08/14 S29E03 16->15 John
Wed 10/15/14 S29E04 15->14 Drew
Wed 10/22/14 S29E05 14->13 Kelley
Wed 10/29/14 S29E06 13->12 Dale
Wed 11/05/14 S29E07 12->10 ???/???
Wed 11/12/14 S29E08 10->09 ???
Wed 11/19/14 S29E09 09->08 ???
Wed 11/26/14 S29E10 08->07 ???
Wed 12/03/14 S29E11 07->06 ???
Wed 12/10/14 S29E12 06->05 ???
Wed 12/17/14 S29E13 05->03 ???/???; Final3 = ???/???/???

"EW Mid-Season Jeremy Interview"
Posted by Sheldor on 11-03-14 at 07:21 PM
Jeremy from 'Survivor' feels bad for what he did to John Rocker (Plus: exclusive merge photo)
By Dalton Ross on Nov 3, 2014 at 9:00AM

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/03/survivor-san-juan-del-sur-merge-jeremy-photo/?ew_packageID=20354695

It’s merge time on Survivor: San Juan del Sur this Wednesday night, and we’ve got your first exclusive look at said merge right here. Check out how happy everyone appears to be as they engage in the traditional merge feast! (Did Jeff Probst make them trade comfort items for that food?) Of course, we know that happiness will soon fade for many as alliance lines are drawn going into the first pre-merge Tribal Council and one of these players is booted out of the game. But while we peek ahead, let’s also look back at the first half of the season by checking in with one of the contestants for a mid-game chat. We caught up with Jeremy Collins to get his thoughts on the big rice trade, his wife’s bizarre lie, and…an apology to John Rocker?

Do you agree with Probst that the extra rice consumption by your tribe had a direct impact on you guys winning so many challenges?
No, we were a more athletic and smarter tribe across the board. We were just a better tribe…bottom line. Coyopa is cursed.

If it had been solely up to you, would you really not have made that deal giving up all your comfort items for the extra rice?
If it was up to me we would have sucked it up for the night and ate our reward the following day. We knew the merge feast was soon. I had no problem stretching out the rice and beans for a few days. We wouldn’t starve to death.

Making it to the merge is a big milestone for any player. What were you thoughts at this point about making it this far in the game?
I expect to make the merge. Not to sound conceited or full of myself, but I did. It is a big part of the game and a nice accomplishment, but I prepared for this game for a long time…I expected to make the merge.

You’ve watched a lot of Survivor, Jeremy. I’m not trying to get you in trouble or anything at home, but how bad a move was that by your wife to lie and say she had two idols? Did you cringe when you watched that?
You are trying to get me in trouble. But I think Val felt like her back was against the wall and she made a big move. She wasn’t going down without a fight. It’s not like people didn’t believe her either. When you are in the game, you are paranoid but feel like anything is possible and bluffing that you have 2 Idols is crazy, but we just came off a season where Tony had 3 and one was magical. Maybe she should’ve said she had 1 but it was the Tyler Perry idol. I don’t cringe…I’m proud of Val.

When you are out there playing you only see the game through your own eyes, but now watching it back on TV you see everything else going on. What’s been the biggest revelation so far watching everything play out?
My biggest revelation???? I don’t know, I had a good sense of most that was going on. You know what? I take that back: John Rocker. I do feel bad about how I threw him under the bus and he genuinely tried to help Val. I wish he did a better job at it, but he kept his word and you gotta respect that.

What’s been the best and worst thing about watching yourself on TV?
This whole experience is the best…I love it all. I’ve loved this game for a long time and I love watching everything unfold. I’m not liking that I look like I’ve been homeless for 5 years, but I guess I gotta take the bad with the good.