URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID7
Thread Number: 826
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Janelle is soo funny"

Posted by southerngurl22 on 09-08-05 at 04:24 AM
Am I the only one that thought that Janelle's comment about Ivette's girlfriend was hilarious. She said: "I don't want to like slander anybody on national television or anything, but Ivettes girlfriend is really ugly". I laughed my butt off. She has a way of saying something mean, in a nice way (if that makes sense). Anyway thought it was funny.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Janelle is soo funny"
Posted by JUMBO on 09-08-05 at 04:42 AM
No your the only one I was LMAO

Posted by leianawd on 09-08-05 at 07:13 AM
I didn't want to laugh but it was one of those moments where one just can't help it.

Posted by Mo0 on 09-08-05 at 09:16 AM
I only laughed because it continues the tradition of the two of them being NASTY towards each other in the Diary Room. Not to mention I thought her statement was going to end with the slander part, instead she just kept on going and slandered her anyway!

I'm sure all of the families of these people are pissed off at the other team just as much as the actual players are.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

Posted by FishWoman on 09-08-05 at 09:29 AM
Well, Janelle didn't *really* slander Ivette's GF. Slander is when you speak defamatory statements injurious to a person's reputation or well-being (i.e. "beau, you s*uck old men's d*cks for money.") Stating that someone's GF is ugly (particularly if true ) . . . let's just say that Janelle ought to have said, "I don't mean to be a b*tch . . ."!

Posted by Wildchil on 09-08-05 at 11:31 AM

I didn't find Janelle's comment funny, clever or said in a "nice way".. just found it indicative of Janelle and nasty and completely unnecessary.

What I did find funny.. if more than a bit icky.. was Janelle being out-bimboed by Holly lol!

Posted by Lisa0116 on 09-08-05 at 01:28 PM
Janelle was definitely NOT outbimboed by Holly. Holly is the ultimate dumb blonde and no one could outbimbo her.

I laughed about Janelles comments about Ivette's GF, too. Her GF does fit in with the rest of the Nerd Herd, though, she looked like a total geek-scrawny, pop bottle glasses, extremely nerdy. I am not saying she is not a nice girl-she might be a wonderful person, but if you sign a document/release to be seen on a reality show (even if it was just her picture-she did have to sign off) then you should get a make over first-that is if you don't want to be made the butt of jokes.

Posted by Lisa0116 on 09-09-05 at 08:40 AM
>I laughed about Janelles comments about
>Ivette's GF, too. Her
>GF does fit in with
>the rest of the Nerd
>Herd, though, she looked like
>a total geek-scrawny, pop bottle
>glasses, extremely nerdy. I
>am not saying she is
>not a nice girl-she might
>be a wonderful person, but
>if you sign a document/release
>to be seen on a
>reality show (even if it
>was just her picture-she did
>have to sign off) then
>you should get a make
>over first-that is if you
>don't want to be made
>the butt of jokes.

OK-I am going to quote myself and then say that after last nights show, I REALLY like Ivette's girlfriend!! I think that the pic sent did not do her justice-she looked much better last night (maybe it was because she was sans glasses). Also, she and Ivette's mom seem to know her well AND she knows that Ivette's mouth is her biggest problem-at home and in the game. Now I think that Ivette's little Maggie (Tushie) could do much better that Ivette!!!

Posted by fedcamper on 09-08-05 at 11:36 AM
I laughed, too- it was particularly funny because April and Maggie were making such a fuss in that phony way people do when soemone shows them a picture of their homely baby and you have to say something nice. When Janelle flatly stated the truth, it was funny. I'm sure Maggie #2 didn't laugh, but odds are she already knew she was ugly, she probably just would have preferred not having it pointed out on national television.

Posted by okaychatt on 09-08-05 at 06:02 PM
<April and Maggie were making such a fuss in that phony way people do when soemone shows them a picture of their homely baby and you have to say something ni

Remember that Seinfeld episode when the pediatrician referred to an ugly baby as something like, "Incredible!"?

Then he used the same term to describe Elains.

HA!

Does anyone have the exact word that was used? Elaine was so put off.

Perhaps Tushie falls under that ambiguous umbrella, too.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by guccilizzy on 09-08-05 at 11:15 PM
Was the word "breathtaking?"

I wonder what Tush thinks of Janelle after they aired that DR comment Janelle made about her.

Posted by LibraRising on 09-08-05 at 02:31 PM
Nope. Bashing the contestants is one thing -- they're putting themselves in the spotlight. But I don't find it funny to go after family members or relations of the contestants. They didn't ask to be on that show.

Sorry. I'm no fan of Ivette, Maggie or April, but I don't immediately love Janelle just because she doesn't like them, too. I don't like Bush, but that doesn't mean I think Kim Jong Il is a peachy-keen guy.

While she's a strong player, Janelle also has proven herself to be a very vapid, spiteful and nasty human being. Take a look at the live feed threads for her story about what she did to a homeless guy. A real class act.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Posted by Lisa0116 on 09-08-05 at 03:20 PM
I don't give any money to beggars, so giving them fake money wouldn't be anything horrid to me. I really intensely dislike people who won't get up off their butts and support themselves, so more power to Janelle for giving him fake money. Before you bash, keep in mind that I have had family members who put themselves in the position of being homeless by their own actions and I wouldn't let them move into my house or give them money. Hell, my own sister tried to get social security at 42 years old and hadn't worked 20 quarters in her entire life and wasn't eligible and I didn't give her any money, either (or let her move into my house).

As for going after family members-they signed a release before BB could even show a pic of them on the air, so they ask for what they get, too. If she hadn't brought her GF into the house with her and bragged and whined and cried, then that would be different, but if you bring em in, then EXPECT that comments will be made.

I do not think Janelle commenting is any worse than Ape-ril saying that the Jedi had no life outside the house (like they have no mothers/fathers/sisters/brothers/cousins) and were jealous of the nerd herd-the comments about family have flowed both ways-turn about is fair play.

Another thing-notice that Howie and Janelle didn't drag their families into it?? No pics of their families because they were smart enough not to expose them to the criticism-not because they don't have families. The Nerd Herd brought it on their families themselves.....

Posted by LibraRising on 09-08-05 at 04:12 PM
Yup. It's hi-larious to play tricks on people on the lowest rung of the social scale. Kinda like those people who like to make bums fight each other for sandwiches. Really funny. If someone's homeless, they must be a loser. There could be no other possible reason.

Now let's get to work on Trent Lott's porch.

Posted by Lisa0116 on 09-08-05 at 04:45 PM
I didn't call anyone a loser. If they can't take care of themselves-maybe they should be institutionalized and stay off the streets. Is it OK for them to bother innocent pedestrians who work hard for their money and are trying to make ends meet themselves?? No welfare office in their town?? No township aid available?? No section 8 housing?? No SSI?? No Salvation Army?? Or have they received all these benefits and spent them on alcohol and/or drugs and now they need more cash? I don't advocate having them fight for sandwiches-did you come up with that?? Social scale?? I'm talking economic scale-if you have no home, no food, and no money, how could you possibly afford to be social (and generally they are not social)? Chances are if they are on the bottom of the economic scale and choose to keep themselves there, then it would be their own fault. I guess you and yours have never been robbed by those "will work for food" people, have you?? Charity begins at home-I will save my money to support my home and I will fault no one for doing the same thing.

Posted by Candyland on 09-08-05 at 05:08 PM
All I'm going to say about these view points is W-O-W!

I'll leave the real replies to family/friends of current displaced residence of New Orleans (or surrounding communities).

"Get back on topic"
Posted by Bebo on 09-08-05 at 06:56 PM
This is not the appropriate forum for this sort of discussion. We're discussing Big Brother - not political issues. Those discussions take place on our Off-Topic forum.

Posted by leianawd on 09-08-05 at 04:23 PM
I personally would never make commentary towards anyone's loved ones if I was playing the BB game, but I will still say ,like I did before in this thread, that Janelle's comment got a chuckle out of me. I'm sure that Ivette will learn of this comment when she is out of the game and maybe it will make her more aware of her own derogatory comments that she has made towards others. I have heard Ivette say things about Micheal's teeth, we all know what she says about Janelle, and she's even gone as far as comparing Kaysar to Osama Bin Laden and I'm sure there is plenty of other things that have come out of her mouth. My point is Ivette makes comments all the time about people and bases her judgement on them just by how they look and their ethnic background, which is far worse than calling someone ugly, at least Janelle didn't say oh Ivette's girlfriend is so ugly she must be an awful person.

Posted by Lisa0116 on 09-08-05 at 04:47 PM
I agree-if Evilette can dish it out, she should be able to take it.

Posted by LibraRising on 09-08-05 at 09:18 PM
Oh, please don't take my words as a defense of Ivette.

She's vile. And notches below Janelle. But Janelle, though probably the best for good laughs, is still pretty far down.

Even though I called her thunder thighs weeks ago. I'm vile, too.

Posted by okaychatt on 09-08-05 at 06:04 PM
<Janelle also has proven herself to be a very vapid, spiteful and nasty human being

You're so wise, LibraRising.

I agree, but at the same time, I do think I could have a better conversation with Janelle than with any of the NH.

Plus, at least Janelle has a sense of humor. She doesn't seem to take herself as seriously as the NH. I do like that about her.

Posted by LibraRising on 09-08-05 at 09:20 PM
No arguments there.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

"RE: Yes - Janelle is soo funny"
Posted by goldie1000 on 09-08-05 at 09:37 PM
Bashing the contestants is one
>thing -- they're putting themselves
>in the spotlight. But I
>don't find it funny to
>go after family members or
>relations of the contestants. They
>didn't ask to be on
>that show.
>
>Well that comment will be null and void after you see tonights show !

>While she's a strong player, Janelle
>also has proven herself to
>be a very vapid, spiteful
>and nasty human being. Take
>a look at the live
>feed threads
>
She is vapid for the game I believe. I do watch the threads and she is more of a class act then those other 3 witches. At least her mouth isn't completely foul, and she has a brain and uses it. I'm sure she isn't PERFECT...

Anyhow back to the original question :

Yes I thought it was funny, I burst out laughing !!
It is nice to have a little humor from this show once in a while. It's not bashing, it's the truth. When Howie was slamming April, I didn't see any one complaining. The MAJORITY thought that was pretty funny.

Anyone in the spotlight knows that there is a risk involved.
No matter who ends up the target.

It's all on Ivette !
She brought this all on herself no one else is to blame.
She took the risk.....

"RE: Yes - Janelle is soo funny"
Posted by okaychatt on 09-08-05 at 10:10 PM
<When Howie was slamming April, I didn't see any one complaining.

For the record, I was. I thought he was totally out of line.

Posted by okaychatt on 09-08-05 at 05:58 PM
<but Ivettes girlfriend is really ugly

I thought Janelle should have kept that opinion to herself.

Tushie's feelings are involved, and she's not playing the game.

But come on, answering to Tushie? Priceless.