URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 824
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS-AS Ep. 10 ECST "

Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 07:53 PM
Performance part deux. See what happens when you let candidates debate on TV!

Gangham Style Group dance, and the Call Me Maybe Team does their individual performances.

Who will fall off their chair tonight?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"And the are penguining already"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:04 PM
More guilty pleasures and Team Gangnam.

"Melissa and Tony"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:06 PM
Britney Spears - Toxic.

Dancing the Tango, and she's not done a tango before.

"RE: Melissa and Tony"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-12 AT 08:15 PM (EST)

Len, crisp sharp, could have more snap, but neck injury. Tells Tom to keep his witty comments to yourself. Tom says he was trying to find Len's Heart.

Bruno, intoxicating, character came to life, top line could have been sharper.

Carrie Ann. You were gritty, in the character. torso could be a little tighter.

Scores 9 - 9 - 9 - 27/30 56.5/60

"RE: Melissa and Tony"
Posted by zookeepertx on 10-23-12 at 08:26 PM
OMG, I can't believe Len tried to outwit the master! Tom gave it right back to him, only better!
As for Melissa & Tony - I thought that was really good but had a very strange ending!

"Shawn and Derek"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:18 PM
I will have to turn the sound off. I cannot listen to that Titanic song.

They are doing the rumba. Going for romantic and sensual.

"RE: Shawn and Derek"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-12 AT 08:28 PM (EST)

Did they get a whole special stage just for this dance.

And fog. Lots of fog.

Derek lost in the fog. Tom looking for the marks in the fog.

Bruno. That was awesome ever changing shapes, like waves in the ocean, emotionally connected.

Carrie Ann. Like a proud Mama, grown so much, maturity and passion. No lifts in rumba, they say it was attached.

Tom. Tonight. Carrie Ann plays the iceberg.

Len. No hip action, you've got your standards I have mine. I loved the number, it wasn't a rumba it was clipped.

Booing and arguing.

Scores 9 - 8 - 10 - 27/30 56.5/60

Posted by Belle Book on 10-24-12 at 11:59 AM
Derek really shouldn't have argued with Carrie Ann; however, it is possible that Carrie Ann indeed misinterpreted a catch for a lift, so Derek might have been right.

And I love Tom's comment about Carrie Ann playing the iceberg! Heh.

Posted by zookeepertx on 10-23-12 at 08:28 PM
OMG, that was awesome! Shawn was so smooth & flowing; Derek is a great teacher!

CA - get over yourself! Loved Derek's answer, "it was a CATCH!"

BTW, why does a rumba always seem to require the woman to wear some crap that looks like a long, flowing diaper? I HATE that look!

Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:34 PM
No idea, other than trying to make it look like she just grabbed a very small sheet from the bed as she got up to dance.

"Apolo and Karina"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:30 PM
Dancing the Samba

Give It To Me Baby James Brown

"RE: Apolo and Karina"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-12 AT 08:39 PM (EST)

Carrie Ann. Leg work fantastic. Something is not quite right. It is not where you should be. The way you work together, the chemistry.

Len. Can't believe that. I thought it was terrific, a bit too much thrusting. Clean sharp precise movement, I thought it was good.

Bruno. You were sexy, your timing was good. Some technical point that is hard for men to do.

Scores 8.5 - 9.5 - 9 - 27/30 - 56.5/60

What is this, how many different ways can to get a total of 27?

"RE: Apolo and Karina"
Posted by zookeepertx on 10-23-12 at 08:34 PM
YES, nice job Apolo! My only problem is samba rolls; I HATE them! I think they're one of the most awkward, stupidest looking moves I've ever seen! That said, I think Apolo & Karina did them really well.

"Sabirina and Louis"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:40 PM
Dancing a Walts.

So This Is Love from Cinderella.

"RE: Sabirina and Louis"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:45 PM
That was cute.

Len. Love the story, the flow of it all. Such a charming number, I think you are going to the ball.

Bruno. A magic ride, so many faces. Len had to get out of the way. Louis gives them the shoe. Be careful with your shoulders.

Carrie. Didn't quite get to vulnerability. Elegance personified and you didn't need vulnerability, and in for a happy ending.

Scores 10 - 9.5 - 9.5 - 29/30 58.8/60

"RE: Sabirina and Louis"
Posted by zookeepertx on 10-23-12 at 08:46 PM
Well, that was pretty! I didn't expect that much grace from Sabrina! I did see a little bit of tension here & there, but overall it was a great change of pace for her!

"Team Giles"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:56 PM
Freestyle to Gangnam Style.

It is so stupid it is brilliant says Maks.

Each strips, I only like Giles/Peta's Solo.

What A Train Wreck, and not nearly as amusing as I thought it would be.

"RE: Team Giles"
Posted by Snidget on 10-23-12 at 08:59 PM
Len. That was the craziest number, it wasn't tight it wasn't together, should come with a health warning.

Bruno wants the towel he is wetting himself.

Carrie Ann. A Hot Mess. Sometimes it is crazy fun insanity.

Head on up for the scores.

Next week country week.

Scores 9 - 9 - 9 - 27/30.

Posted by zookeepertx on 10-23-12 at 09:00 PM
Sorry, Maks; it was so stupid it was STUPID! If they had stayed in the original outfits I could have lived with it, but it went downhill fast!

Posted by redheaded_sweetheart on 10-23-12 at 11:19 PM
It was nowhere near as good as the other team's dance.

Posted by udg on 10-24-12 at 00:22 AM
That was really, truly, terribly bad!

Posted by Snidget on 10-24-12 at 07:20 AM
Yep reminds me of a quote

David Phillips: {to Grissom, after pulling a rubber chicken out of the mouth of a murder victim} Oh, come on. You've gotta say something. Uhh, "I suspect fowl play"; or, uh, "that's poultry evidence." You know: something.
Gil Grissom: Dying's easy; comedy's hard.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 10-24-12 at 03:15 AM
Given the excitement of the judges and crowd, it must have been something you had to be there to get excited about. From this end though, this was one of the lamest group dances I've seen. It looked especially bad after last night's being the best one I've ever seen.

Posted by Snidget on 10-24-12 at 07:21 AM
*nods*

I do wonder if there was something that just didn't translate to the TV, or just being in a crowd of people swooning over the shirtlessness that made it seem more fun that it really was.

Posted by zookeepertx on 10-24-12 at 12:57 PM
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am at the high scores on this number. There was no difficulty in most of the "individual couples sections" - especially not Kirstie's, but also Gilles! He got points for standing there in a towel, gyrating behind Peta, then spreading her legs & looking right down at her crotch! Twice! I thought that was just gross. I've seen the move done before by others & didn't like it then, either, but it was so blatant & "in-your-face" this time. I guess I should just be glad that's all the farther he went with it...

Posted by JessicaRN on 10-25-12 at 00:24 AM
According to Star magazine, Giles has been a big diva, with a lot of opinions about everyone else. Who knows if Star is accurate, but I did think that he was awfully bossy at the practice. The other team seemed to allow the pros to take charge.