URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8218
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S28 | Ep12 | VidCap Analysis *No Sources*"

Posted by tribephyl on 05-08-14 at 00:19 AM
Here is the thread to deposit and discuss this week's vidcaps.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-08-14 at 00:21 AM
Transcripted by Survivorfever.net
Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...
Tony (talking to Kass): I told you something in secrecy and then you come here and you blow it out?
Probst: Chaos Kass is back...
Tony: I want nothing to do with you, Kass.
Kass (camera confessional): At this point in the game you want as much paranoia as you can stir up.
Probst: ...but this time she's met her match.
Trish: You don't want to argue with me, Kass. Act like you're going to win at everything. I got news for you, sista, you're not.

"RE: Post Show Promo"
Posted by Murphy3126 on 05-08-14 at 10:28 AM
This weeks ruse ... Spencer wins immunity & Trish gone?

Posted by Estee on 05-08-14 at 10:35 AM
The big issue is that this is the last TC where idols can be played. Tony won't be targeted because everyone knows he's got at least one of the things and can play it as a why-not move. But not doing anything last night means he has the freedom to pass the one which can be transferred to whoever he wants to protect. Play it for anyone in his alliance, whatever that actually is, and see who goes.

(Pretty much an insult-to-injury move, but that's Tony's whole season.)

So if he wants to keep Trish, he will.

Posted by Murphy3126 on 05-08-14 at 11:13 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-14 AT 11:14 AM (EST)

Tony will have to choose as he can only protect one. Winning immunity at 3 or 4 & who will not vote him out of FTC is becoming more important. Woo seems very loyal & went with the big move as it was to force Tony to play HII & not actually vote Tony out. Woo is the better challenge threat & might take Tony to FTC. Trish & Kass are weak at challenges & final IC if frequently endurance which means Woo should win. I think Tony believes he can beat any of those remaining at FTC. Kass likely thinks the same thing. Next week, Tony & Kass may make a secret alliance for F2 & their argument is just their ruse to conceal it.

Posted by Estee on 05-08-14 at 11:41 AM
The advantage of keeping Trish is just that: she's challenge-useless. If I were Tony --

*bout of nausea*

-- I'd dump in the following order: Woo, Spencer, Trish. Get rid of the potential challenge threat, then the actual one, and finish up with the tow-along before sitting down next to the World's Biggest Goat. But I wouldn't defend Woo at the next TC, because I feel he lied to me recently and only I'm allowed to lie, so I can't trust him, mega-yada, vote and move on.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-09-14 at 00:40 AM
Kass is smiling at that exchange? Something is definitely up

"The Trish/Kass fight"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-09-14 at 04:56 PM

While Trish is laying into Kass, the Immunity idol can be seen in Spencer's hand.

However...
The clothing and buff placement match LAST ICs.

(Granted, Kass took her green shirt off and Tony, Spencer and Trish all took their shoes off.)

Meaning that the "argument" is from before the last TC.
Major sign of misdirection.

"RE: The Trish/Kass fight"
Posted by michel2 on 05-10-14 at 09:09 PM
They've ben wearing the same clothes for days now so why couldn't this fight happen just before they leave for this week's IC where Spencer would have to put the necklace on to give it back to Jeff.

"RE: The Trish/Kass fight"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-11-14 at 01:49 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-14 AT 02:00 AM (EST)

True. They could. I usually follow primary clothing and buff position but it could very well be from after the next IC.
I don't see it happening before because Spencer has no shoes on and his buff is around his arm. The necklace would get grabbed after putting shoes on. I think the fact that three of them are shoeless means that it's POST-challenge.
And if that's the case, that means Spencer wins IC and the 4 have to cannibalize. (In that case I believe Woo is truly in trouble.)

When comparing this cap in question and the line-up for the upcoming IC...

Both Spencer and Kass change buff position for the challenge and whenever it is that Kass and Trish argue. Not a big thing, it could happen but when you compare it to other challenge caps, the buff position usually stays the same.

"Survivor Live Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-09-14 at 01:12 AM
Transcript via Survivorfever.net

Woo (camera confessional): I did consider blindsiding Tony, but it's a move that I decided not to make because honestly, I feel like sitting next to Tony at the end of the game. Top three would be a lovely thing since we started this game together. So, I need him to see me as someone that wouldn't backstab him, someone who would be loyal to him to the end. So, I decided to fill him in on what went down at the reward.
Woo (talking to Tony): Spencer was like, we were gonna vote for you. That was his game plan. Kass was in on it.
Tony: Wow, man.
Woo: She even told me, "Hey, I think it would be better if we win top three." Me, Kass and Spencer. Whew. Tell me about it.
Tony: It's good that you came to me because that shows your integrity, your loyalty.
Tony (camera confessional): Woo has been with me since the beginning. He's proven his trust and his loyalty to me throughout. The kid is genuine and it just tears me apart that I'm gonna have to eventually blindside him. You don't want to take someone like Woo to the end, because he might have a shot at getting a few votes. He might get a lot of votes. And that's not good for business. I'm just thinking about my family. My wife told me, "Tony, when you go out there, don't do anything stupid. Try to win the game." Taking Woo to the end is stupid. I'm gonna listen to my wife on this one.

"RE: Survivor Live Promo"
Posted by suzzee on 05-09-14 at 09:29 AM
No he can't take Woo to the finals, he has other goats for that. He'll want to take Woo out, or try to, but not this week. He still will hang on to him for a vote block.

Just call me Woo Hoo

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-10-14 at 07:51 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-14 AT 07:52 AM (EST)

No he can't take Woo to the finals, he has other goats for that. He'll want to take Woo out, or try to, but not this week.

I still think he would be most likely to give his IN to Trish this week. So, if it's not Woo out, then it will be Kass.

I keep coming back to what Jiffy said, however. That the people that make it to the end will be the deserving ones. Kass has played the game, however annoyingly. Moreso than either Trish or Woo.

Makes me consider that Tony just may give his IN to Woo and not to Trish then, and Trish would be our boot?

I just don't see how though. I really think that Tony wants to sit next to Trish in the end? I would think that Tony would like to get rid of Kass. So, if Kass survives this episode, how on Earth would she do it?

Last week it was indeed the logical boot choice. The one of Spencer/Tasha that did NOT win the IN was gone. This week the logical choice is Kass.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-10-14 at 03:37 PM
Yeah Kass is in trouble. But she has been a major player/narrator.

Posted by michel2 on 05-10-14 at 09:12 PM
Can I ask why you're not considering Spencer for the boot?

Posted by Flowerpower1 on 05-11-14 at 01:51 PM
Michel: why don't I consider Spencer at this point? Because I do believe it is "essential" for him to win it. I also put stock in your editing analysis... In order for him to crack top 4, he must win the IC.

I do think our boot is either Woo or Kass... Fwiw.

Posted by michel2 on 05-12-14 at 08:01 PM
Thank you. I thought there was a vidcap I was missing. Part of the challenge is a race and he is the fastest runner. The other part is a puzzle and he is smarter than Woo, the other fast runner, so he has a chance.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-10-14 at 11:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-14 AT 11:50 PM (EST)

Tony knows that Woo has to be taken out at some point so I don't see him giving Woo an HII, ever.

I think Jeff would feel that everyone still in the game is "deserving" at this point, so the people that "make it to the end" is who we have now, including Tasha. None one completely coasted. You could maybe argue that Woo did, but he *was* willing to contemplate game-changing strategies a couple of times.

If Spencer wins immunity again, Tony has to consider excising Kass first and foremost. Trish and Woo have been with Tony since the beginning, and the cardinal rule is you don't backstab until you have to. But on the other hand Kass is the best opponent at Final TC. So, how do you choose?

Posted by tribephyl on 05-11-14 at 02:35 AM
I agree about Woo never receiving an HII from Tony. It will never happen.
Tony will end up, I almost guarantee it, playing the "regular" HII on Trish.
Tony would MUCH rather go to the finals with Trish and truly Kass is just too big of a goat to be ignored right now as an F3.
Since the buzz about a Trish/Kass fight, EVERYONE playing hates Kass. Most everyone on the jury finds her annoying to some degree or another. I seriously doubt Kass is on anyones top two list. So if she does make it to the end (which I'm not saying she does) speaks solely to an aspect we like about winners and that is that they take an appropriate goat to the end.
Sometimes the jury is bitter but for the most part it's pretty much a guarantee that Kass is F3 (at the very least).
I see either Spencer or Woo going this week and then the other one going at F4.
Tony may want to keep Woo as a secure number against a possible Kass/Trish F2 deal, but after the Kass/Trish argument, he may feel even more confident about attaching to Trish and dumping Woo.

I wholly believe that all of them are playing for F3. Tony's dream-team F3 would be him, Trish and Kass. So, however he can get those three through the next two ICs, he will do it.
Kass AND Trish's F3s might look exactly the same.
It's only Woo that would want Kass out.
And at this moment, I believe Woo and Kass might be Spencer's dream-team F3. So I definitely see him trying to strike up a deal with those two again. A re-proposal. Specially after the Trish/Kass argument.
BUT... Spencer, will need a miracle and an Immunity run to get anywhere near F3. And if he does? Yeehaw!

"Press Images"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-10-14 at 04:44 PM
@ Camp
-03 Tony @Camp
-05 Kass @ Camp
-07 Kass @ Camp
-09 Tony @ Camp
-11 Tony/Woo @ Camp
-14 Tony/Woo @ Camp
-17 Tony/Woo @ Camp
-20 Spencer @ Camp
-01 Post RC Mud @ Camp
-23 Post RC Mud @ Camp
-26 Post RC Mud @ Camp

RC
-10 RC Intro
-13 RC Intro
-19 RC Intro
-22 RC Intro
-08 Barrels @ RC
-06 Mud-Pit RC
-16 Trish @ RC
-25 RC Mud Pit Trish/Kass
-28 RC Mud Buckets

IC
-27 IC Intro
-02 IC Intro
-12 IC Layout
-15 IC Ropes
-18 IC Locked Chests
-21 IC Ladders
-24 IC Puzzle
-04 Woo @ IC

"RE: Press Images"
Posted by Georganna on 05-13-14 at 03:12 PM
So, at the Mud RC (and I really dislike Challenges designed to be indignities),
we have:

Scales. And a rostrum holding what appear to be four black, rectangular objects.
Note: I cropped and enlarged that portion of the photo and was rewarded with
four - much fuzzier - black, rectangular objects.

And, at Camp, we have:

Everyone - muddied. And, perhaps, Trish and Kass exchanging more pleasantries.
And, Tony and Woo engaged by something in the near distance.

And Woo -animated.

And only Spencer, Trish and Tony bathing.

So:

Is this a keep-some-thing-for-yourself-or-give-four-things-to your-four-competitors RC?

Or ...

An RC won by Kass or Woo (who then took the other along)?

Or ...

Both?

Or ...

None of the above?

"TAR promo"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-11-14 at 09:01 PM
has Woo saying (confessional) "At this point I'm the swing vote."

"TAR promo 'caps'"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-12-14 at 03:11 AM
VO: Old allies are now enemies and new alliances form.
Woo: I'm the swing vote at this point.
VO: Let the mud slinging begin. Two episodes to go!

"Web Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-12-14 at 03:54 PM
Transcripted by SurvivorFever.net
Announcer: Survivor, Wednesday...
Tony (camera confessional): The game, right now, is in my hands.
Announcer: Tony thinks he's in control. But with just 2 episodes to go...
Tony (talking to Kass): I told you something in secrecy and you come here and you blow it out.
Trish (taking to Kass): Let me tell you something. I'll rip you apart in 30 seconds.
Announcer: Old allies are now enemies.
Kass (camera confessional): Chaos Kass is back.
Tony (camera confessional): We are done!
Announcer: And new secret alliances form.
Woo (camera confessional): I'm the swing vote at this point. I gotta make a huge decision and time's ticking.
Announcer: Let the mudslinging begin.
Jeff Probst: That's how you do it!

"RE: Web Promo"
Posted by CTgirl on 05-12-14 at 05:18 PM
Anyone else think that Woo is classic OFG theory this week?

He thinks he's the swing vote and he's all over the mid-promo shots and the mud challenge shots. The promos are keeping our interest in the Kass-Tony fight but I think that outcome won't be decided until the finale.

Posted by michel2 on 05-12-14 at 08:08 PM
Looks right to me but then it looked like Woo last week!

Posted by suzzee on 05-12-14 at 09:53 PM
If Woo fills his hair with mud he's got this one. Yeah, he is awfully prominent in the promos but I hope this siggie is worth another week.

Just call me Woo Hoo

Posted by kingfish on 05-13-14 at 04:07 PM
The Ghost of Woo?

"Wooooooooo"
Posted by suzzee on 05-14-14 at 10:32 AM
I couldn't resist.

Just call me Woo Hoo

Posted by Brownroach on 05-13-14 at 01:32 AM
Well he keeps talking about making a "huge move/ decision" but he never actually does. And we know that Tony is prepared to get rid of him. By rights it should be Woo or Spencer leaving next, if Tony is smart.

Posted by kingfish on 05-13-14 at 04:09 PM
True. He does continue to display some method to his mania.

Posted by katethegreat on 05-13-14 at 04:28 PM
Did Tony shave after winning a reward challenge? See pics 3 to 6 in the last promo.

Posted by tribephyl on 05-13-14 at 04:29 PM
Those are recycled shots from when Tony originally found the idols.

Posted by suzzee on 05-14-14 at 10:34 AM
In Tasha's interview with Parvati Tasha said that eventually they all stopped putting much stock in what Woo said he was going to do. I'm taking that as he never really manages to follow through with his "big move" comments.

Just call me Woo Hoo

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-14-14 at 11:20 AM
I'd also take that to mean that Woo could not be a winner - if they all stopped putting much stock in what he said he would do, how could they respect him enough to give them their votes for a million dollars? Even if he's up against Kass?

Posted by Georganna on 05-14-14 at 11:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-14 AT 12:07 PM (EST)

Tasha is a very self-important lady who - if the opinions that she expressed during her interview with Parvati were even close to candid - didn't admire or respect the gameplay of any one of her opponents.

And by the end of her conversation with the gushing, enabling host, I had stopped putting much stock in anything the simpering accountant had to say about anyone with whom she played the Game.

ETA: I don't think that she considers Woo (with Trish - to use Tasha's label - a "role player") relevant to her defeat. Or to much of anything else. However, she most certainly believes that Kass was - relevant.

She would vote for Woo ...

"Dreamteam IC explanation"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-14-14 at 02:57 AM
Transcript by SurvivorFever.net

Jeff Probst: Welcome to "Behind the Scenes: Survivor Cagayan." This one's called "Jacob's Ladder". In this challenge we will have five people trying to solve a series of different types of puzzles. In the first puzzle they will have to unbraid. Then they'll come to this chest. Get the pieces out, and build a ladder. After they finish this puzzle, there's a second ladder puzzle. After they finish the second ladder puzzle, they come up here and they have a slide puzzle.

"RE: Dreamteam IC explanation"
Posted by suzzee on 05-14-14 at 10:37 AM
This is going to be a lot of mental torture. Without Tasha there they may need to call it on account of darkness.

I should be watched....closely.