URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8217
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor #28 (Bluntly Bounce Ballots) Episode #11 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 03:46 PM
And now, a sneak preview of Tony's strategy for the next two episodes. "I have a pair of idols. I can play one at each TC. I am guaranteed Final Four. I can run around doing whatever I like because not only is there no such thing as payback, but my actions will cement an alliance guaranteed to carry me even deeper into the game. And besides, all my tribemates admire my play so much that they wish they were me. Surely they'd never vote themselves out, right? So I'm perfectly safe. Until Final Four -- and beyond."

And now, a sneak preview of everyone else:

"Killmurdermaimdestroymutilateshipwithtoolittlepostage..."

...wait: that's just Kass thinking about dealing with people in the real world. Let's try again.

"I must have his babies! I will sleep with Tony every night until pregnancy results and I give birth to conniving socially-blind audience repellents!"

...oops: got Jeff. One more try.

"Is it Sunday yet? I'd rather be watching TAR."

...and that was us.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Be On Lookout"
Posted by dabo on 05-07-14 at 07:57 PM
Tony to tear apart reward looking for clue to what?

Is it in the menu?
What are the dancing girls saying with their hands?
This arrangement of flowers must mean something!
Is that Colonel Mustard in a can?

"RE: Be On Lookout"
Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:00 PM
If he winds up holding three idols at the same time, I quit.

"RE: Survivor #28 (Bluntly Bounce Ballots) Episode #11 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:02 PM
Kass is angry about another blindside.

The word "hypocrite" comes to mind.

"RE: Survivor #28 (Bluntly Bounce Ballots) Episode #11 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-14 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

And by the way, Kass thinks that Tony is condescending.

Spence is getting to like Tony a lot, but he knows Tony is slick and lies to everyone. Kass says that Tony is talking about her. Then she tells him she heard everything he said. Spencer says in confessional that Kass is wrong, she misheard Tony. Kass seems to believe that she is the center of some universe. She wants to get rid of Tony.

I voted for Woo in the vote thread but I really hope they get rid of Kass. She is an intolerable pill.

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:15 PM
If Kass was my defense attorney, I'd plead guilty before the jury she tainted could get to me.

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:07 PM
Kass finds offense.

She keeps an endless supply where her heart used to be.

The infinite hypocrisy? Former location of her brain.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:11 PM
This episode threatens to be one long argument between Kass and Tony.

Posted by CTgirl on 05-07-14 at 10:54 PM

This episode, next episode and maybe into the finale....

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:12 PM
Anyone want to bet Kass will be the first one to, upon seeing the actual footage, blame the editing?

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:17 PM
Kass as goodwill ambassador: "I burned all your school supplies. It's a lesson in chaos."

And yes, given events in Nigeria, that image made me very ill.

"RC"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-14 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

Two teams of three. Race to throw sandbags at the other team's wall. Then one person must rebuild the wall.

Woo Kass Spencer vs. Tony Tash Trish

Spencer vs. Tasha rebuilding the walls. Tasha is ahead.

It's close. Spencer catches up.

Spencer Kass Woo win reward. Prize: food, plus bringing supplies to kids

"RE: RC"
Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:21 PM
I think the edit lesson here is that Kass can't create: just destroy.

"RE: RC"
Posted by Outsider32 on 05-07-14 at 08:25 PM
Oh crap Kass did figure out what I was hoping

"Congratulations!"
Posted by Georganna on 05-08-14 at 10:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-14 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

Yes, she did ...

And yesterday evening when I was struggling with 'The List' in the Signs of Survival thread, I tried to find the post that contained your 2 - 2 - 2 theory and couldn't. I had thought it was in that thread. But, although you brought up 'ties' there, that particular post isn't.

There.

In the end, I didn't manage to put together a concrete justification for Tasha's boot before the 8:00 PM bell. I couldn't get past my feeling that Tony would target Kass rather than the opponent most threatening to him and I certainly didn't feel confident that she would be the IC winner. But, in large part because of your post (wherever it is), I was certain enough that some variation of your theory was going to be in play that I voted for Tasha's boot in the Vote thread and changed my entry in Tribe's ABC in the Games Forum.

So, the lone 'Tasha' vote last night was very much your own (and Tribe's) doing.

But, I did expect that Kass would finesse the affair well enough to flush one (and, perhaps, both) of Tony's Idols. And I was really disappointed when, ultimately, the 'blindside' was merely - routine.

Obviously, there was a great chunk of pre-TC negotiation that Survivor's editors considered unfit for the rabble's eyes and ears.

So, again, Congratulations!

And where is that post?

G

"At the reward"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:28 PM
Cute kids everywhere. Woo is getting a lot of confessional time. Spencer says he doesn't really like kids but he's having a good time. Woo is doing a martial arts show for the kids.

Then Kass talks and ruins everything. She is planning a three way split to get rid of Tony and flush the idol. Spencer is game. Final three. But Spencer thinks Woo is iffy. And he is.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-14 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

Spencer talking to Tasha about the plan. She says can you trust Woo?

Now Woo is telling Tony that Spencer wants to vote out Tasha. Tony doesn't believe him. I think Woo is going to be toast after all. No one can figure out what he's thinking. Plus he got a nice sendoff edit with the kids at the reward.

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:31 PM
Woo: worst liar since Jemma Simmons.

Prepare for a large contestant transfer. To the jury.

Posted by dabo on 05-07-14 at 08:34 PM
Woo lies almost as bad as Tony tells the truth.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-07-14 at 08:40 PM
I'm still preparing for Kass to go.

Posted by dabo on 05-07-14 at 08:43 PM
She has all the personality of a buzzkiller.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 09:43 PM
Kass defines "buzzkiller". The reward sequence was so...nice...even uplifting...but then they showed Kass, and then she opened her mouth, and it all came crashing back down to the depressing mundanity of having to watch a totally wretched excuse for a human being.

"All together now"
Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:39 PM
Shut up, Jeff!

"IC"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:40 PM
Count items, lock in the combination, break tile. Not particularly exciting to watch.

No one has gotten it yet. Everyone has been wrong at least once.

25 minutes and still no winner.

Spencer wins, finally!

"RE: IC"
Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:45 PM
Tony wants the Immunity winners to share the wealth.

Tony is a sharing person.

And Tasha... gets the quote? Really?

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:48 PM
Kass: "I made an alliance. Time to betray it!"

"Post-IC"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:48 PM
They will split the vote bw Tony and Trish. Tasha will act like she's afraid of going home. Woo seems uncertain.

Tony notices that Tasha is not scrambling. He is going to play an idol. Tony is being compared to Russhole. Kass thinks maybe she can beat him at Final TC.

"TC"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 08:55 PM
Tony has his bag of tricks. He doesn't trust Tasha. Tasha may be going home.

Kass says one of the idols needs to be flushed tonight.

Tony wants Tasha to go home.

Tony votes Tasha
Spencer votes Tony
Tasha votes Trish
Woo whispers, we don't see vote

No idol played

Votes:

Tasha
Tony
Trish
Tasha
Tasha is voted out.

"Congrats!"
Posted by dabo on 05-07-14 at 08:57 PM
Georganna

(for a bit there I thought it would be Congrats kingfish, which would have been Awesome!)

"RE: Congrats!"
Posted by Georganna on 05-07-14 at 11:19 PM
'Awesome' would have been nice.

Posted by Estee on 05-07-14 at 08:57 PM
It's like Kass is playing a personal game: how many times can she lose the same votes?

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-07-14 at 09:01 PM
Now the rivalry is official. This is how it started. I really hope we don't have a Tony/Trish f2.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 09:34 PM
My impression of Kass's edit: THIS IS THE FINAL 2 GOAT. IN NEON LIGHTS.

Posted by michel2 on 05-07-14 at 09:45 PM
The plan failed because Kass thinks she can win against Tony in the end. She really can't read the jury if she thinks she can win against anyone. In that sense, she is more like Hantz than Tony.

Posted by dabo on 05-07-14 at 10:20 PM
Anyone can win against Tony in the end, actually. But it takes Tony blowing it for Kass to win.

Posted by michel2 on 05-07-14 at 10:30 PM
Anyone except Kass. Sarah, Morgan, Trish, Woo, Jeremiah, Spencer and Tasha would vote for Tony.

Posted by dabo on 05-07-14 at 10:51 PM
It's not that I disagree, I just don't want to underestimate Tony's ability to blow it.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 10:31 PM
I... really... don't ...see... it that way. Not...at...all..

Posted by kingfish on 05-08-14 at 12:52 PM
I don't either. It may all be editing (OK, it IS all editing), but every time Tony delivers rationale, or a claim, or an accusation, and the camera cuts to the jury, to a person they seem to be recoiling in disgust. Most notably Sarah, his used-to-be cop buddy.

I think the jury sitting in the last episode would pick Kass over Tony, easily. Only by sitting next to Trish could Tony prevail IMO.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-07-14 at 10:44 PM
I think Woo decided to send Tasha home.

Posted by dabo on 05-07-14 at 10:54 PM
No. Once Kass opted out of the plan it became pointless for Woo to go ahead with it. The vote would have been 3-2-1 instead of 4-1-1.

Posted by Brownroach on 05-08-14 at 00:42 AM
Woo doesn't decide anything.

"Preview and votes"
Posted by Brownroach on 05-07-14 at 09:00 PM
Kass and Trish get into it next time.

Four votes for Tasha, from Tony, Trish, Kass and Woo.