URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8194
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S28 | Ep07 | VidCap Analysis *No Sources* "

Posted by tribephyl on 04-03-14 at 00:28 AM
Here is the thread to deposit and discuss this week's vidcaps.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Post Show Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-03-14 at 00:29 AM
Transcripted by SF:
Jeff Probst: Next time on Survivor...
Kass (talking to Morgan): Anything I say to you is going to be in a rude way because you were being rude to me.
Probst: It's a war of words for two Survivors.
Morgan (camera confessional): She's just a bitter, ugly, old lady.
Probst: But it's nothing compared to the chaos of a hidden idol.
Tony (camera confessional): It's a mad treasure hunt for this idol.
Woo (camera confessional): I'm gonna pull out my ninja stealth mode.

"RE: Post Show Promo"
Posted by Georganna on 04-03-14 at 10:10 PM
Morgan (camera confessional): She's just a bitter, ugly, old lady.

You know, Spencer and Company are going to have to go recruiting. And Woo has to know that he is several lines down on the Solana roster. Too, there is nothing that will make a young lady notice that no one handed her an HII like five TC votes.

On the other hand, there is Tasha. Who would, I suspect, prefer to compete in the late-contest challenges against players close to her own age.

So ...

I wonder if, in the next Episode, we might see alliance realignments along age lines:

Spencer, Morgan, Jeremiah, Jefra and Woo

vs

LJ, Tony, Trish, Kass and Tasha.

Too-quiet Thursday night ...

"Press Images "
Posted by tribephyl on 04-03-14 at 09:32 PM

"RE: Press Images "
Posted by suzzee on 04-04-14 at 09:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-14 AT 09:11 AM (EST)

I see in that last image that Jeremiah is already on the outside of the Solarrion tribe. And Tony thinks he's on top.

I should be watched....closely.

"RC"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-03-14 at 10:19 PM
Press Images have given us our first glimpse at the 'team' RC.

Walk-in: Gender-split. Notice: 'Purple Team' crate with knotted ropes.

Pre-challenge intro: Same as walk-in, gender-split.

Challenge begins on raft.
Teeter-Rope-net.
Various floating obstacles... to beach.
UnTie rope knots on chest.
Carry Chest to Puzzle Phase.
Puzzle Phase wins.

Purple team: Trish ~ Kass ~ Tasha ~ Tony ~ Woo

Orange team: Spencer ~ Morgan ~ Jefra ~ Jeremiah ~ LJ

Orange team has undone the knots on their chest and are carrying it to ... the puzzle phase.

Not a whole lot to go on but....
frankly, I have to give it to LJ and his team; Jeremiah, Jefra, Spencer and Morgan. With perhaps him and Spencer figuring out the final phase and they could even come from behind to win.

Not a whole lot of puzzle-saavy peeps on purple Team. (Yes, I realize two brains are on the purple team, but both Tasha and Kass have proven to be sucky at the puzzles. Not to mention, possibly challenge cursed.) So it'll come down to the shared brain cell that is Trish, Tony and/or Woo.

"RE: RC"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-04-14 at 08:19 AM
Yes, agreed, Tribe. Looking at the members of the teams, I have to give the win to LJ's team. He is a monster on the puzzles, and I like the breakdown of their team.

I wanted to comment on a vidcap from above. This is clearly just my speculation. In the past idols are hidden within distinctive natural landmarks. Out of all the pictures of the Daws looking for idols from above:

This is the one that has the most promise just by looks, imo...

And, just sayin', Tasha looks pretty happy in these vidcaps...

One more question though:

What is Tony holding here? It looks like something carved...

Posted by kingfish on 04-04-14 at 01:40 PM
If Tony's picture goes with his quote (per Tribe's post)

"Tony (camera confessional): It's a mad treasure hunt for this idol."

Then the word "this" is telling.

Posted by kingfish on 04-07-14 at 03:16 PM
From Tribe's post farther down this thread:

That's the handle of the camp knife or machete.

""It's a stick!!""
Posted by mimo on 04-04-14 at 08:24 PM
Sorry couldn't resist. But those were the first words that came to mind.. Eliza: "It's a stick!!"

"RE: "It's a stick!!""
Posted by Georganna on 04-04-14 at 10:18 PM
No!!!! It has a face!!!! ...

Posted by Sheldor on 04-04-14 at 09:49 PM
Purple team: Trish ~ Kass ~ Tasha ~ Tony ~ Woo

Definitely the underdog team in this RC. Gee Tasha got mixed in with New Solana members and KASS! If I was Tasha I'd be tempted to knock Kass into the water and deliberately throw this Reward challenge!

Orange team: Spencer ~ Morgan ~ Jefra ~ Jeremiah ~ LJ

A VERY strong team! And a GREAT opportunity for Spencer, Morgan, and Jeremiah to try to recruit LJ or Jefra! Sure LJ and Jefra's side has the majority with 6 but it's 3 Brawn, 2 Beauty, and 1 Brain.

If the 4 Beauty could come together with the 2 Brains they could have the majority 6 and take out Kass and the 3 Brawns.

"Boot choices this week"
Posted by Flowerpower1 on 04-05-14 at 08:42 AM
I do not see anyone from the majority alliance flipping. I see them picking off the minority 4. One of the minority four may just find the Tyler Perry Idol, which will make things so much more fun, particularly if they keep it a secret.

Morgan appears to be antagonizing Kass. That doesn't appear to be too smart for her longevity in the game. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kass asks to direct the boot again this week. The nuSolana's owe her one. If this is the case, Morgan is toast.

Jeremiah: He's a strong male that could go on an IC run. Definitely has to be high on the priority list. LJ is suspicious of him ever since Morgan ratted on him after the first boot.

Spencer: He's good in challenges, he's seemingly the leader of the brains, although he certainly didn't start out that way. He's supposedly smart. He's proven to be quite resourceful in the past.

Tasha: Seemingly lowest on the boot priority list. If she finds the TP Idol, then she should be really happy, and for some reason she appears "happy" in the vidcaps and press images. Food for thought.

"RE: Boot choices this week"
Posted by mimo on 04-05-14 at 11:57 AM
I think Kass is a bit of a wild card. She will vote based on her emotions at the time. The body language in the vidcaps where she is speaking with LJ is a bit off. (Sorry not entirely sure how to bring them over....)

Let's hope for more unpredictability...

"RE: Boot choices this week"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-06-14 at 01:41 AM
with no nod to #backstab in the teases, I believe the boot is going to be kind of a given this week.
The real story will revolve around the TPI.
It's not just Kass that is in Morgans face.
And apparently, aside from Tony's involvement (and Woo byproxy), LJ is seen "cheering" when Morgan is confronted about getting water.

A Morgan boot is an easy boot. And everyone already seems to be aboard.
IOW, the only thing that will save Morgan from being booted this week, is winning the IC.

"RE: S28 | Ep07 | VidCap Analysis *No Sources* "
Posted by Sheldor on 04-05-14 at 03:02 PM
Date: 4.4.14 Survivor Cagayan - Episode 7 Promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIHRAsyDcsY
Promo Starts at 32:52 Mark

Transcript:

Tony: What do you think, Woo? Did anybody go get water?

Kass: Well, maybe Morgan can get some water today.

Tony: Is Morgan around?

Kass: Yeah, she's in her usual spot.

Tony: Morgan? No good on the water?

Morgan: I can get water but I don't see how her saying it in a rude way wants me to go get her water.

Kass: Anything I say to you is going to be in a rude way because you were being rude to me.

Morgan: I didn't say anything to you.

Kass: Yeah, you have.

Morgan: Oh, my God.

Tony: Yeah but it's not just for Kass. The water's for all of us anyway.

Kass <camera confessional>: I'm fairly certain that Morgan is in a constant state of center of the universe. She's like an old dog. You know how you have like a 14 year old dog that you're just keeping alive because you love it. You don't mind that it pees on the floor and you have to go feed it. But all it really does is sit there. That's Morgan.

Tony: Hey, Morgan, are you gonna go or no?

Morgan: Yeah, I can go.

Kass: Yeah, she's gonna go.

Morgan: <flips Kass off>

Morgan <camera confessional>: Kass, she said that I'm being really mean to her. I don't think I'm being mean to her. I'm ignoring her. Maybe that's mean, but I think she's been ignored and made fun of all her life. She should be used to this.

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010
_0011
_0012
_0013
_0014
_0015
_0016
_0017
_0018
_0019
_0020
_0021
_0022
_0023
_0024
_0025
_0026
_0027
_0028
_0029
_0030
_0031
_0032
_0033
_0034

"Promo Immunity Challenge"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-06-14 at 00:23 AM
Survivor Cagayan - Episode 7
Promo Video Captures
Date: 4.5.14

Transcript:

Announcer: Safety lies in Immunity.

Jeff Probst: How bad do you want it?

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008

"RE: Promo Immunity Challenge"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-06-14 at 01:28 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-14 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

Boy, THIS is gonna be a difficult challenge to predict.

But if I were a betting man... (and I'm not. at least not with my history of reliably predicting the future.) I'd say there's a reason Jefra is highlighted during the Immunity Challenge.

Even if she does appear to be struggling.
She should certainly feel uncomfortable with her perceived standing in the tribe since she just received 5 votes at the last TC. (Of course now, she has no need to worry since Tony and LJ have dumped their idols but I digress...)

Spencer, Kass, Tony and Trish seem to me to look the most uncomfortable, arms flailing and all, so I doubt any of them take the necklace. I hope it's a long one and I also hope JP pulls out the "temptation table". (But with a team RC, I doubt it.)

Something of interest...

It appears as if each castaway is standing on TWO 2X2s.
I wonder if at some moment, the survivors have to kick away one of the 2X2s and proceed with the challenge by standing on their toes.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-07-14 at 06:57 AM
She should certainly feel uncomfortable with her perceived standing in the tribe since she just received 5 votes at the last TC. (Of course now, she has no need to worry since Tony and LJ have dumped their idols but I digress...)

Jefra should be able to figure out why she drew votes last time. Or if not, Spencer can explain it to her. (As an aside, while Tony was smart to play his HII on LJ, LJ should have kept his HII under wraps. When the Brains immediately regrouped after Tony announced he had an idol, it should have been clear they weren't going to vote for Tony. LJ could have revealed his idol to Tony later with a promise to cover him in the future.)

In this challenge I don't see how they could kick away a rung while remaining balancing the headpiece. It seems like they would have to dismount, remove the rung, then get back on.

Posted by suzzee on 04-07-14 at 09:19 AM
All the set-ups are height adjusted for each person, it looks like they not only have to balance but actually stand tall and on tip toes to keep the pressure between their head and the crossmember, that's going to be really uncomfortable quickly.

"Web Promo"
Posted by tribephyl on 04-07-14 at 02:20 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-14 AT 02:28 AM (EST)

Transcripted by SurvivorFever.net
Jeff Probst (starting Reward Challenge): Go!
Announcer: The biggest season of Survivor continues.
Probst: It is neck and neck right now.
Announcer: CBS, Wednesday, in a game where you can't trust anyone...
Spencer (camera confessional): I need a game changer.
Announcer: Only two things can keep you safe...
Woo (camera confessional): The search party is on.
Announcer: An Immunity Idol...
Tony: It's a mad treasure hunt for this idol.
Jeremiah: It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
Tasha: It's a race to see who finds it first.
Announcer: ...and an Immunity Challenge...
Probst: How badly do you want it? The pain is intense. Keep fighting.

Notice that when Woo says: "The search party is on." he is looking up from what looks like a ripped clue.

"RE: Web Promo"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-07-14 at 11:11 AM
Thanks tribephyl!

You can watch this promo on CBS.com or on SurvivorOnCBS YouTube channel at:

Survivor - Mad Treasure Hunt (Preview)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y36-Q2rcG40
Published on Apr 6, 2014

The entire tribe embarks on the craziest idol hunt in the history of the game. Also, one castaway showcases their ninja-like skills to sabotage another, on Survivor, Wednesday, April 9 at 8/7c. Only CBS

Watching on YouTube I was able to examine this scene more closely

The top board is resting on two small unpainted blocks on the left and right side. Here is a close up of LJ's board.

Between those two blocks is a thicker painted board which appears to have 2 pins running into the blocks. I assume the pins are used to set the height of the boards. At first I thought there was only 1 pin and the bottom thicker board could ROTATE but that would be REALLY hard.

I'm wondering if after a period of time they are allowed to step down, remove the top board, and then get back on having to stand on their tip toes.

In the hunt for the idol scenes we see everyone looking for the idol except for Trish, Morgan, and Jefra.

"RE: Web Promo"
Posted by RachelOH1 on 04-09-14 at 12:22 PM
Looks like Kass is just watching Jeremiah to see if he finds the HII. (See screenshots of Jeremiah looking in bushes with words "needle in a haystack"... Kass with hands on hips).

"IC Dream Team video"
Posted by CTgirl on 04-08-14 at 05:33 PM
Wow this is so evil! The challenge only last 10 minutes for the dream teamers. Looks like you need good balance AND strong calves for standing partly on tip toes.

Dream Team sneak peak

"RE: IC Dream Team video"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-08-14 at 07:45 PM
THANKS so much CTgirl!!! That's a great preview video!!

Here are the photos and text of that article...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2014/04/08/exclusive-sneak-peek-at-this-weeks-grueling-survivor-immunity-challenge/?1

Exclusive Sneak Peek at This Week’s Grueling ‘Survivor’ Immunity Challenge

by Gordon Holmes | April 8, 2014 at 11:01 AM | RealityTV, Survivor, TV News

“Survivor” Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. He’s smart, he’s funny, he’s generous with his beer, he’s one of the greatest foosball players the world has ever known. He’s truly a five-star guy.

But if that’s all true, why do so many “Survivor” players curse his name? Well, it might have something to do with challenges like the one he’s set up for this week…

And, here are some exclusive photos from Mr. Kirhoffer’s evil experiment…

The ten remaining contestants stand in a soaked field, unaware of the horrors that await them.

Jeremiah and Trish hang in there while Woo wonders how he can apply standing on a dog house or pressing a block with his head to his everyday life.

Morgan, Jefra, and Jeremiah give it their best shot. Meanwhile, the challenge crew is thankful they didn't have to build a 12-foot frame for Cliff.

Morgan seems to be having no problems with this challenge. Maybe she has ballerina training?

LJ takes a zen approach to the challenge while Latasha and Spencer passionately hate Kass.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-08-14 at 09:15 PM
Love your photo captions Sheldor!

Posted by Sheldor on 04-08-14 at 10:37 PM
CTgirl those are Gordon Holmes' captions not mine!

Posted by Sheldor on 04-08-14 at 10:42 PM
Survivor Cagayan - Episode 7 Behind the Scenes of the Challenges Promo Video Captures
Date: 4.8.14

Transcript by SurvivorFever.net:

John Kirhoffer: Welcome to Survivor, Behind the Scenes of Survivor Cagayan. This challenge is called "Keep on Your Toes." In this challenge, each player is going to have a block of wood. They're going to place it on their head and stand inside a wooden frame. We have made these wooden frames with a mathematical equation of their height, plus the length of the wood, plus one fifth of the size of their foot. So this will force them to stand on their toes. As long as their standing on their toes and keeping pressure on the block, they're in the game. Last person standing wins Immunity.

Jeff Probst: What did we learn, John?

Kirhoffer: What we learned is that they don't need to be on their very tippy tippy toes. They just need to be angled a little less.

_0001
_0002
_0003
_0004
_0005
_0006
_0007
_0008
_0009
_0010
_0011
_0012
_0013
_0014
_0015
_0016
_0017
_0018
_0019
_0020
_0021
_0022
_0023
_0024
_0025
_0026
_0027
_0028
_0029
_0030

Posted by Sheldor on 04-09-14 at 07:56 PM
3 shorter women dream teamers are the Final 3

I think the taller you are the harder this will be and I do think women naturally would be better at this. So while it's tempting to pick Woo to win again, I'm going to say one of the shorter women (Jefra or Tasha) will be the Final 2 and I'm going to pick Tasha for Immunity