URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8190
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek"

Posted by Georganna on 03-28-14 at 01:37 AM

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Signs of Survival: A Sneak Peek"
Posted by Georganna on 04-09-14 at 05:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-14 AT 06:49 AM (EST)

Hello!

Because I am so thoroughly enjoying this Season, I intend to post a full Signs of Survival: Cagayan by the weekend. But, since boots wait for no perpetual procrastinator half-a-Season behind the times, here is a brief Update of its Preview that I hope will be helpful.

To begin, a look back at the Preview's F11 Tribal Chart (in the post just above) illustrates the Majority/Minority split of (then) 7 (Earth and Water ) to 4 (Fire and Air) natives still in the Game. Note: Cagayan began with a 13 to 5 Majority/Minority split.

And just below is a chart that displays the Element splits for every completed Survivor Season.

In the upper left corner are the Seasons with Balanced (50% - 50%) splits. Below them are the Seasons with Fire and Air Majorities. And on the Chart's right are the thirteen completed Seasons that featured Earth and Water Majorities arranged (as are the Fire and Air Seasons - bottom to top) from their most narrow to their most pronounced splits. Cagayan, with a 72%/28% split, is tucked in (in order) at the top.

To notice:

1) In the six Balanced Seasons, Fire and Air natives have won four of the Games, Earth and Water natives have won two.

2) In the twenty-one (21) Seasons cast with Majority/Minority splits, a member of the Majority has won eighteen (18) of the Games. The three exceptions are highlighted by font color. And I have yet to discover any common factor between The Outback, Cook Islands and Nicaragua that would allow us to predict when the anomoly will next occur.

However, whatever one's opinion of the validity of Astrology's Personality Profiles might be, the numbers here are not theory but fact and the facts are history: the odds are overwhelming that an Earth or Water native will be Cagayan's Sole Survivor and that a Fire or Air native will not.

Translated (for me): As a practical matter - as much as I might want him to - Tony is not going to win this Game. Neither, for that matter, is Kass or Jeremiah.

As I've said earlier (Post #24), I think that LJ, in his position as the Capricorn (Earth/Cardinal/Superior) counterpoint to all of the Season's impulsive/emotional/inconsistent personalities is probably in a very good place. I think he'll win.

3) Seven (7) of the eight (8) Earth and Water Majority Seasons with a 65%/35%, or more acute, Majority/Minority split at the beginning of their Game produced 7 - 3, or more acute, splits at F10. So the odds were, again overwhelming, that a Fire or Air native (one of Tony, Kass, Jeremiah or Sarah) would be leaving next. And that is, after the dramatic dust settled, exactly what happened.

Note: I chose Sarah as the evening's boot because I thought that Jeremiah was too obvious (and too unsurprising) and that too much 'edit' had been spent on Kass and Tony to that point for either of them to have left at the Merge. But, I thought that LJ was the opposite 'target'. Not Jefra ...

So, below is the updated Solarrion Chart:

And, below, is an updated and expanded Chart of the Earth and Water Majority Seasons that displays their boot histories from F10 to F1:

To notice:

1) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F10.

2) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F9.

3) In five (5) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F8.

4) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F7.

5) In five (5) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F6.

6) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Fire and Air Minority left the Game at F5.

1) – 6) In all of the eight (8) Seasons, no more than one (1) Minority native remained in the Game at F4.

7) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F4.

Now, a brief look at Cagayan's specific history - to date:

Above is the Chart that illustrates the composition of the cast on Day One. And, in their distribution of the Elements (Keyword: Temperament) its producers made of Cagayan the Series’ most biased social environment to date. A first (!), if you will.

Fully ½ (9) of its castmembers are Cancer and Pisces – (Emotional and Intuitive/Cardinal and Mutable) Water Sign natives. Scorpio (the Fixed Water Sign) was excluded.

Added were 3 Sagittarius – (Charismatic and Spontaneous/Cardinal and Mutable) Fire Sign natives. Leo (the Fixed Fire Sign) was excluded.

And ... 2 Libra and Gemini – (Intellectual and Balanced/Cardinal and Mutable) Air Sign natives. Aquarius (the Fixed Air sign) was excluded.

And ... 4 Capricorn, Virgo (!) and Taurus (Practical and Industrious/Cardinal, Mutable and Fixed) Earth Sign natives.

But, the more telling way to view the extreme imbalance of Cagayan (did you notice the pattern?) is through the prism of its castmembers’ Modes/Qualities (Keyword: Behavior).

Eleven (11) are natives of one of the four Mutable (Versatile) Signs who see life from many perspectives. As a result, they are flexible, adaptable and restless: there is a touch of urgency and haste in their natures.

Six (6) are natives of one of the four Cardinal (Initiative) Signs who approach new environments with a zest for beginning new activities and pursuing new accomplishments.

Only one (1) - Garrett - is a native of one of the four Fixed (Steadfast) Signs who are respected for their self-containment and sense of purpose. However, change is difficult for them, and as a result, they have a reputation for being stubborn.

In short (as Suzzee so well put it): Beauty-Brains-Brawn, all drama all the time

And now, here's a look at the cast with the attrition to date denoted by checkmarks:

When I post Signs of Survival: Cagayan, I intend to spend some time reviewing the Season's boot pattern. But for now I'll just say that it is unusual to see a cast's Superior/Cardinal contingent intact at F10. Because that circumstance is a reflection of the decimation of the power bases of the Brain and Beauty camps.

At Brawn however, it was always 'Every man for himself!' ...

Finally:
Warning! References to Sourced Information Follow!
Below is a Boot List. Of speculative sorts ...

It incorporates the trends that I've noted above for the eight (8) Earth and Water Majority Seasons with splits similar to Cagayan's.

And information contained in Re-examine pregame vidcaps recently posted by FP.

And information from the Sources Thread authored by Tribe.

Please note that I'm not going to be any more specific about the latter two bodies of information. But I've always felt that it is a bit dishonest to fail to acknowledge all of the material that informs your opinions.
The List ~

F10 - Spencer
F09 - Morgan
Remaining at F8: Tony, Woo and Trish (Brawn), LJ, Jeremiah and Jefra (Beauty) and Tasha and Kass (Brain)

F08 - Woo
F07 - Jeremiah
F06 - Kass
Remaining at F5: Trish and Tony (Brawn), LJ and Jefra (Beauty) and Tasha (Brain)

F05 - Tony or Jefra
F04 - Jefra or Tony
F03 - Tasha
F02 - LJ and Trish

I've never done this before. But I think that it is going to be fun to see how many times The List will have to be corrected ...

The Chart Backgrounds are by Ysa Gernale

Posted by Georganna on 04-16-14 at 07:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-14 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

For several reasons – principally the uncertainty of the accuracy of the published birthdates of the Game’s contestants and of my schedule – I wasn’t going to put together a Signs … for Cagayan. But, with the exception of a correction of Alexis’ and Lindsey's birthdates, as of Monday (April 14th), those dates at Survivor Wiki have remained constant since January. Too, my schedule isn't going to change for the better anytime soon. It is what it is going to be.

And Suzzee’s characteristically succinct, witty and perceptive observation of the social complexion of this Season has me wildly waving my hand like the schoolgirl who is convinced that she has the answer if someone will only ask the darned question! As in, Why does Cagayan seem more like a group therapy session than like a Game?

So, I've bitten the bullet of the change of Lindsey's date of birth - made on April 9th - by revising a bunch of charts and updating some of the content of the Post just above to accommodate both her and J'Tia as the requires-a-wide-berth Virgo (!) contingent on the Earth and Water side of the Season's family tree, and still intend to post a full Signs of Survival: Cagayan shortly.

Until then:

Musical Chairs
or
Nature Abhors Excess

Below - as update, revision and reminder - is the Chart displaying the opposed Elements' performances in Earth and Water dominant Seasons. The Seasons are arranged from bottom to top by the increasing severity of their split. Cagayan is at the very top of the Chart (with South Pacific - a Season won by a - like Spencer, Jefra and Trish - Cancer/Water native):

To notice:

In six of the eight Seasons with Majority/Minority splits of 65% - 35% (or greater), the Majority has lost another member at F9. In fact, in the six Seasons at the top of the Chart (with splits of 67% - 33% or greater), all six saw an Earth and Water boot at F9. And that means that the odds are that Kass, Tony and Jeremiah were safe at this Wednesday night's Tribal Council.

And that narrows the boot field to only six ...

So, below is the Chart that displays the compositions of the two Natural Tribes with the attrition to date indicated by checkmarks:

To Notice:

As you can tell from the caption for this portion of the Update, I think of Survivor as a particularly intricate version of Musical Chairs. Choreographed set piece followed by frenzy followed by choreographed set piece. And, of course, in this Game the frenzy isn't just about the prospect of one less chair. It is also very much about the sort of chair it will be. And that brings us to the second half of the caption.

Because - and here, think of Subordinates as Solarrion's Middle Class - this Season's supportative players have almost vanished. And it is to Spencer's credit that he (so far) retains the loyalty of two of the three remaining Subordinates. I don't think that any other player still in the Game can boast of two - exclusive, dedicated - allies.

And, as are all skills and skilled in short supply, those three remaining loyalists have become quite valuable in the Survivor scheme of things.

A fact that Tony would do well to learn. Quickly.

An Aside: The fact that this last seems lost on Tony is the reason that no Sagittarius should ever attempt overt, heirarchal leadership in this Game. They are almost always innovative and optimistic. They can be amazingly inspirational. They are invariably adaptable. But the only Sagittarius to win the Game was Vecepia. And her syle of play should be the model for the Sign's natives. Kass, like her or not, like the style or not, is going about Survivor just about as well as any Sagittarius is able. Her only major fault, I think, is her inability to disguise her crush on anarchy.

So, I don't think we're going to lose another Subordinate, or a Fire or Air native, tonight.

However, the pressure to hang on to a Superior seat is going to arrive - full force - at the top. And I expect one of the four remaining natural leaders to leave the Game. I hope it is Spencer. I have a nagging feeling that it might be Jefra (I have no idea why ...). And I am really afraid that, despite his Capricorn credentials, it might be LJ.

Finally, below is Solarrion as it looks for the moment. And just below that is the corrected - speculative - List that I posted several days ago. It was composed with some (with very little, but with some) sourced material in mind. So, if you don't want to see it, heed the warning that follows the Tribal chart.

The List ~

F10 - Spencer Morgan
F09 - Morgan Spencer

Remaining at F8: Tony, Woo and Trish (Brawn), LJ, Jeremiah and Jefra (Beauty) and Tasha and Kass (Brain)

F08 - Woo
F07 - Jeremiah
F06 - Kass

Remaining at F5: Trish and Tony (Brawn), LJ and Jefra (Beauty) and Tasha (Brain)

F05 - Tony or Jefra
F04 - Jefra or Tony
F03 - Tasha
F02 - LJ and Trish

The Chart Backgrounds are by Ysa Gernale and Hermes Alegre

Posted by dabo on 04-16-14 at 11:54 PM
Just wanted to say: Wow! And thank you for all the work.

I don't understand any of it, try as I might, but it seems to work. And I am trying to get it, I really am.

Vecepia was the Survivor editors one hidden winner in her season, for whatever reasons.

Posted by Georganna on 04-19-14 at 04:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-20-14 AT 06:51 AM (EST)

Hello!

I am really pleased to see you here. And thank you for the “Wow!”. I have fun with the graphics for this thread and I’m always happy when people reading it like them too.

But I do owe you (and everyone else trying to understand it) an apology for beginning in the middle of a Season with very little explanation of just what I’m doing. Or why. Add the fact that a ‘preview’ has become far lengthier than I intended and it certainly is confusing even if you’re familiar with the subject.

So, until I’m finally able to post the full thread (in a few days), here is what I hope will be an informative outline of how I think of the thread. But you’ll have to indulge me just a bit by imagining my seventy-two-year-old-self to be a Survivor applicant (Age: 25) …

The Scenario

I have arrived for my first interview and brought with me the materials that SEG requested: 1) A Photo ID 2) My Passport 3) A Certified Copy of My Birth Certificate and 4) My Social Security Card. In the course of my interview, I am then asked to take an online version of the personality test used by millions of employers to hire and place millions of applicants - daily: the Jung-based MBTI. And I can think of no employer more in need of personality typing as a tool than one in the business of marketing unscripted human behavior - as entertainment.

I test as an ENFP. I always test as an ENFP on a MBTI platform. And I am handed (for comparison) the two profiles of the ENFP type produced by 1)Human Metrics and 2)The Personality Page (reproduced below).

Note: I know that they're long. But, remember, we're indulging me. And there is a point. Honest.

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

ENFP Description

by Marina Margaret Heiss and Joe Butt

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.

ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.

For some ENFPs, relationships can be seriously tested by their short attention spans and emotional needs. They are easily intrigued and distracted by new friends and acquaintances, forgetting their older and more familiar emotional ties for long stretches at a time. And the less mature ENFP may need to feel they’re the constant center of attention, to confirm their image of themselves as a wonderful and fascinating person.

In the workplace, ENFPs are pleasant and friendly, and interact in a positive and creative manner with both their co-workers and the public. ENFPs are also a major asset in brainstorming sessions; follow-through on projects can be a problem, however. ENFPs do get distracted, especially if another interesting issue comes along. They also tend towards procrastination, and dislike performing small, uninteresting tasks. ENFPs are most productive when working in a group with a few Js to handle the details and the deadlines.

ENFPs are friendly folks. Most are really enjoyable people. Some of the most soft-hearted people are ENFPs.

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals. ENFPs are energized by being around people. Some have real difficulty being alone, especially on a regular basis.

One ENFP colleague, a social worker, had such tremendous interpersonal skills that she put her interviewers at ease during her own job interview. She had the ability to make strangers feel like old friends.

ENFPs sometimes can be blindsided by their secondary Feeling function. Hasty decisions based on deeply felt values may boil over with unpredictable results. More than one ENFP has abruptly quit a job in such a moment.

(ENFP stands for Extravert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Perceiving and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)

Portrait of an ENFP - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

(Extraverted Intuition with Introverted Feeling)
The Inspirer

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.

ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values.

An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.

An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked. They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.

Because ENFPs live in the world of exciting possibilities, the details of everyday life are seen as trivial drudgery. They place no importance on detailed, maintenance-type tasks, and will frequently remain oblivous to these types of concerns. When they do have to perform these tasks, they do not enjoy themselves. This is a challenging area of life for most ENFPs, and can be frustrating for ENFP's family members.

An ENFP who has "gone wrong" may be quite manipulative - and very good it. The gift of gab which they are blessed with makes it naturally easy for them to get what they want. Most ENFPs will not abuse their abilities, because that would not jive with their value systems.

ENFPs sometimes make serious errors in judgment. They have an amazing ability to intuitively perceive the truth about a person or situation, but when they apply judgment to their perception, they may jump to the wrong conclusions.

ENFPs who have not learned to follow through may have a difficult time remaining happy in marital relationships. Always seeing the possibilities of what could be, they may become bored with what actually is. The strong sense of values will keep many ENFPs dedicated to their relationships. However, ENFPs like a little excitement in their lives, and are best matched with individuals who are comfortable with change and new experiences.

Having an ENFP parent can be a fun-filled experience, but may be stressful at times for children with strong Sensing or Judging tendencies. Such children may see the ENFP parent as inconsistent and difficult to understand, as the children are pulled along in the whirlwind life of the ENFP. Sometimes the ENFP will want to be their child's best friend, and at other times they will play the parental authoritarian. But ENFPs are always consistent in their value systems, which they will impress on their children above all else, along with a basic joy of living.

ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.

Because they are so alert and sensitive, constantly scanning their environments, ENFPs often suffer from muscle tension. They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labeled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves.

ENFPs are charming, ingenuous, risk-taking, sensitive, people-oriented individuals with capabilities ranging across a broad spectrum. They have many gifts which they will use to fulfill themselves and those near them, if they are able to remain centered and master the ability of following through.

Now, eventually those profiles and the results of more (and very probably more exhaustive) tests and interviews will be condensed and compiled in one comprehensive profile of my intrinsic traits and projected behaviors.

However, for now, I am asked to sign a release permitting SEG to use the collective information for their stated purposes. No one of which is furnishing it to an eccentric little old lady in West Virginia authoring Signs of Survival: Cagayan.

But ...

If my interviewer has glanced at my Driver's License, noted my date of birth and established my Sun Sign - Sagittarius - at any one of thousands of online sites devoted to the Art/Science of Astrology - and then pulled up any Signs of Survival - she would also have at her disposal the - more objective because it is not the product of self-reporting - Sun Sign Profile below.

Note: And I don’t mean to imply by that last that the Series’ producers include Sun Sign Profiling in their vetting cocktail. Other than the striking correlation of Sun Signs with definitive patterns of performance that would seem to indicate cause and effect found in Signs of Survival, I don’t know of any evidence that they do.

And, first, she would discover that there are twelve Sun Signs. And that each is a member of a group of three Signs defined by their Element (Temperament) and that each of the three Signs within an Element is further defined by their Mode (Behavior). And finally she would discover that that little old lady used Astrology's Sun Sign Profiles to identify the traditional hierarchal Role (Place) most natural to each Sign's natives.

So, although my complete Astrological portrait would contain many more descriptors than my Sun Sign, Element and Mode - and would not include my Role - for our purposes my pedigree is Sagittarius | Fire | Mutable | Soloist and my Sun Sign Profile would begin with a description of its Element's innate traits and behavior and read:

KEYWORDS
Spontaneous and Energetic
Gregarious and Passionate
Self-centered and Dramatic
Instinctual and Visionary

The ‘Physical’ Fire Signs - Aries, Sagittarius and Leo - have a simmering at-the-ready stance and are prone to sudden illuminating flashes of insight and bursts of enthusiasm. There is about them a warm radiance, a trust in life's journey and a willingness to take risks. Infused with an emotional energy that can spread like wildfire to everyone around them, they sense a golden thread of destiny and potential running through their own lives and are often able to lead others to their own. But, it is important for them to have cheerleaders to fan the flames of their interests.

A Fire Sign is also an indicator of creativity. This Element manifests itself in unique ways, and those in its glow are usually wonderfully courageous, lively spirits: self-sufficient, spontaneous and possessing a tremendous zest for life. Strong, self-assured and fun, they're great catalysts for play and have a knack for unearthing the spontaneous side of those around them.

Fire Signs act on instinct or "sixth sense," and that can make them look reckless to more cautious types. However, they're actually following a powerful intuition that keeps them at the leading edge of fresh experiences. But, although going on faith often gets them far, they have a tendency to skip crucial steps and to be unaware of the emotional impact of their actions on others. And because they are so very passionate about life and like to live large, Fire Signs often feel frustrated by mundane chores and duties. Too, Fire natives can be overly strident in getting their way. Call it bossy, even. These folks can come across rather forcefully. Selfishness and an overdeveloped ego can also be seen as part of a fiery individual's shadowy side.

THE SAGITTARIUS PROFILE

Positive Traits
Optimistic and Freedom-loving
Curious and Sporting
Good-humored and Straightforward
Expansive and Philosophical

Negative Traits
Blindly-optimistic and Careless
Irresponsible and Superficial
Flippant and Promiscuous
Tactless and Restless

Sagittarius have a positive outlook on life and are full of enterprise, energy, versatility and adventure: eager to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They delight in travel and exploration: Sagittarius are genuinely intrigued by foreign cultures and even when their finances preclude traipsing the globe Sagittarius travel in their minds. And their bright, cheerful demeanors can be disarming. It’s an uncomplicated style that invites you to drop your defenses, too, and just “be.” This makes for a fun friend who knows all the best ethnic restaurants and will be more than happy to stay out ‘til the wee hours.

Ambitious and optimistic (even when their hopes are dashed), their strongly idealistic natures are able to withstand disappointments without being affected. They are usually honorable, honest, trustworthy, truthful, generous and sincere (with a passion for justice). They are characteristically on the side of the underdog and are prepared to be rebellious.

Non-conformists, Sagittarius hate being bound to rigid social confines or pigeonholed into strict routines that don't give them plenty of breathing room. Even more than physical restrictions, they'll loathe mental confinement. Sagittarius have both profound and broad minds: equipped with foresight, good judgment and keen intuition. As a result, they are often fascinating conversationalists and correspondents. Think Mark Twain. Think Sagittarius.

Known, too, for their spontaneous philosophical ramblings, these natives don’t seem to get bogged down in emotional complexities. So those who love them may wish for more depth: more feeling. And there are times when they are shockingly blunt. It’s unnerving to be the target of a direct hit.. But that same tactless personality can be a beacon of light in confusing times. Leave it to a Sagittarius to step into a messy tangle and sum up the situation with blinding clarity. They’ll be willing to speak the truth when all others hide in confusion. This makes them invaluable friends who can guide you back to a clear path when you need honesty rather than enabling.

And in a curious twist of fate, Sagittarius, who are often accused of clumsiness, are also credited with extraordinary grace and coordination when engaged in purposeful physical activity: most particularly sports and dance. In everyday activities, however, the Sagittarian can be surprisingly less dignified. Though the December-born athlete may break the record for high jump, he'll stumble over his shoelaces walking onto the field.

Sagittarius are much more adept at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues whose talents compliment, rather than compete with, their own. But Sagittarius can sometimes be exacting, domineering and inconsiderate in the work place: scorning the inadequacies of others while expecting fulsome recognition of their own skills and effort. Moreover, they can be (and frequently are) impulsively angry. And, when angry, both male and female Sagittarians can be vicious: employing with precision those words or actions that will most severely wound their adversary. On the other hand, they are magnanimous in forgiving offenses and quick to make amends for their own intemperance.

Romantically Speaking: The same notable physicality that attracts Sagittarius to vigorous athletics and bold travel-adventures often extends to their intimate relationships and their flexible, lusty, anything-goes attitude can cause them to take a walk on the wild side. So, the ideal partner for them is above all a friend and a partner in life’s great adventure who understands the needs of a true free spirit. However, more apt then the average to make an uncongenial alliance, their innate restlessness (which, if excessive, often jeopardizes more than their own stability) will often compel them to use even the most satisfying ménage as a base from which to … depart.

Additional Notes:

Sagittarius is a Mutable Sign: These natives are able to see life from many perspectives. As a result, they are flexible, adaptable and restless: there is a touch of urgency and haste in their natures. Earth’s Mutable Sign is Virgo. Water’s Mutable Sign is Pisces. Fire’s Mutable Sign is Sagittarius. And Air’s Mutable Sign is Gemini.

Sagittarius are Soloists. And the Profiles of the Soloist Signs – Aries (Cardinal Fire), Sagittarius (Mutable Fire), Libra (Cardinal Air) and Aquarius (Fixed Air) – tell us that these folks are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in autonomous positions, detached or semi-detached, from the group.

The Question

Did you recognize the Sagittarius in the ENFP? And the ENFP in the Sagittarius? Are the Profiles not virtually interchangeable?

The Experiment

Try it yourself ...

Go to either 'MBTI' (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) site referenced above and take the test. Identify your type and read your profile. Then click the appropriate links below to access composite Element and Sun Sign Profiles drawn from multiple web-based Astrology resources.

Compare ...

For your reference:

Astrology groups personalities, first, by the common innate traits and behaviors of the natives of each of the twelve Astronomy-inspired Sun Signs. Keyword – Ego.

Then it places each of the twelve in a group of three Sun Signs defined by their display of the characteristics of one of the four Philosophy-inspired Elements. Keyword – Temperament.

Links to Profiles

The Earth Signs – These three practical and industrious Signs are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.
The Water Signs – These three emotional and intuitive Signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
The Fire Signs – These three charismatic and spontaneous Signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
The Air Signs – These three intellectual and balanced Signs are Libra, Gemini and Aquarius

Note: The personalities of the three Sun Signs within an Element are said to be compatible with each other. And the Elements of Earth and Water – and of Fire and Air – are considered to be complementary of one another and in opposition to the other duo. So I frame each Season as a contest between the two Natural Tribes of Earth and Water - Fire and Air because that is what the Series' producers cast - Season after Season: a basic, compelling social conflict that is - as the thread's numbers prove - consistently/reliably unaffected by the number or nature of its trappings.

For instance:

The whole concept of brains, brawn, and beauty was something producers stumbled into late in the process of planning out season 28. “We didn’t really know until late in casting,” Probst tells EW. “We were deep into casting and loving everybody … We were feeling really good. And it was actually Lynne Spillman who came over as we were having something to eat and said, ‘I got an idea: What if we separate them into brains, brawn, and beauty?’ It was a pretty exciting moment because after 27 seasons, finding a new fresh way to continue the social experiment is not easy.”

I’ve brought up this interview because I think that it illustrates the fact that the drama that Survivor evokes from its players – whatever the level of its intensity – is the result of the chemistries generated by their innate behaviors and traits - by the comparative brilliance of its casting - and not by the legendary expertise of its marketing or by its accidental afterthoughts.

Finally, as you’ve already seen above, Astrology further identifies and describes each of the three Sun Signs within an Element by the Sign’s Psychology-inspired Mode /Quality. Keyword: Behavior.

The initiative Cardinal Signs approach new environments with a zest for beginning new activities and pursuing new accomplishments. Earth’s Cardinal Sign is Capricorn. Water’s Cardinal Sign is Cancer. Fire’s Cardinal Sign is Aries. And Air’s Cardinal Sign is Libra.

The versatile Mutable Signs are able to see life from many perspectives. As a result, they are flexible, adaptable and restless: there is a touch of urgency and haste in their natures. Earth’s Mutable Sign is Virgo. Water’s Mutable Sign is Pisces. Fire’s Mutable Sign is Sagittarius. And Air’s Mutable Sign is Gemini.

The steadfast Fixed Signs dig in. And they are respected for their self-containment and sense of purpose. However, change is difficult for them, and as a result, they have a reputation for being stubborn. Earth’s Fixed Sign is Taurus. Water’s Fixed Sign is Scorpio. Fire’s Fixed Sign is Leo. And Air’s Fixed Sign is Aquarius.

You will see the Modes indicated for each Sun Sign within the Profiles. I do not, however, use them on charts. Instead, you will see charted the Survivor-inspired Roles. Keyword: Place.

The Profiles of the Superior Signs – Capricorn (Cardinal Earth), Cancer (Cardinal Water), Scorpio (Fixed Water) and Leo (Fixed Fire) – indicate that their natives are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in a position of leadership within the group.

The Profiles of the Subordinate Signs – Taurus (Fixed Earth), Virgo (Mutable Earth), Pisces (Mutable Water) and Gemini (Mutable Air) – indicate that these personalities are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in sheltered (supportive or specialized) positions within the group.

And the Profiles of the Soloist Signs – Aries (Cardinal Fire), Sagittarius (Mutable Fire), Libra (Cardinal Air) and Aquarius (Fixed Air) – tell us that these folks are most comfortable – and function most effectively – in autonomous (detached or semi-detached) positions from the group.

The Point

Because Survivor's producers cast to broad stereotypes - at SEG, where barely distinguishable differences and delicately exhibited traits and behaviors – muted personalities – are not the stuff of either bankable certainty or good television, subtlety and nuance need not apply - and because Astrology's Sun Sign Profiles are, demonstrably, so similar to the types identified and categorized by state-of-the-art psychological testing platforms - they are valuable tools that can be utilized to make this Board - collectively and cooperatively - as skilled at analyzing casting (in order to forecast alliances, boots, etc.) as it is at spoiling Editing, Vidcaps and Confessionals ...

As you said this week and OFG said ten years ago: It works!

And, if nothing else, it is a fun lens.

The Charts

Perhaps the most important thing to note about them is that they reflect the number of times that each Sign (not each individual) has appeared in the Series. With one exception: the totals don't include the two Virgo - Jonathan and Wanda.

And, when I post the complete thread for Cagayan, I'll try to explain them more clearly than I have in the past.

For now, though, I'll post the one below. So that everyone can see why I would love to throttle LJ (the Capricorn). Just take a look at the top of the F4 and Sole Survivor Columns!

Notes:

This Chart is specific to those completed Seasons with an Earth and Water Majority.

The far-left column contains the names of the Signs and the total number of their members cast in those Seasons - from the highest to the lowest (raw) number. It also contains the names of the Signs' Cagayan contestants. The names of Cagayan castmembers who have left the Game are in red.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and reached F10.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and reached F4.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and reached F3.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and became one of its Sole Survivors.

Artists
The Zodiac Signs by Karen Mackenzie
The Element Illustrations (Earth, Water, Fire and Air) by Nell Campos
The Chart Backgrounds by Ysa Gernale

And I do hope that some of this has been helpful, dabo. Looking back at its bulk, I'm afraid for the worst ...

Posted by __Corea on 04-17-14 at 09:01 AM
This is amazing! Thanks for all the work. It is great to be able to compare the make up of this season with similar season's from the past. However, I still have no idea who I think will go next week! Thanks again!

Posted by Georganna on 04-19-14 at 07:01 AM
Hello, __Corea

Are you new to us or, like me, one of the recently reincarnated?

Whichever, welcome!

I'm glad you came and really glad that you like the place. I hope you'll be back often.

And you have company. I still have no idea who I think will go next week, either.

Perhaps one of the Fire and Air natives (Kass, Tony or Jeremiah)? We've had two Majority/Superior boots in a row.

But, we have a few days ...

And I do have the Solarrion and Majority/E&W Elements Charts updated.

Maybe they'll help ...

Seven (7) of the eight (8) Earth and Water Majority Seasons with a 65%/35%, or more acute, Majority/Minority split
at the beginning of their Game produced 7 - 3, or more acute, splits at F10.

To notice:

1) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F10.

2) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F9.

3) In five (5) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F8.

4) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F7.

5) In five (5) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F6.

6) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Fire and Air Minority left the Game at F5.

1) – 6) In all of the eight (8) Seasons, no more than one (1) Minority native remained in the Game at F4.

7) In six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F4.

Note: I've corrected the math in every line above ... except one. And I have no idea what happened.

So, it probably wouldn't hurt if someone else checked it again. Evidently counting backward from 7, 6, 5 ... isn't one of my strong suits ...

Chart Backgrounds by Ysa Gernale
and
Vicente Manansala
National Artist of The Philippines
Deceased

Posted by __Corea on 04-20-14 at 06:48 AM
Thanks again for updating! I think this is so helpful in thinking about how group dynamics play out in this game.

As you said, past behavior suggests that an E/W will go this week (Jefra, Spencer, Trish, Tasha, Woo). I have been leaning toward Woo getting booted this week, and this seals the deal for me.

I have a question though, can you explain more about the Soloists. Are they a special category with F/A or just special in and of themselves? Why aren't there any E/W soloists? (Sorry if I missed an earlier explanation.)

==
I'm a long time reader, but just started posting.

Posted by mimo on 04-20-14 at 09:19 PM
Impressive work Georganna (and beautiful grafics too!!) One of the most interesting aspects is that the two players that have brought the most unpredictability to this game are Kass and Tony (which as per the above are the only F&A Soloists and both Sagitarius to boot!!-- pun intended maybe?...) Not sure if that is entirely coincidence or not but I am enjoying the fact that the season is surprising us all.

PS thanks for the technical advice. Much appreciated.

"__Corea and Mimo ... "
Posted by Georganna on 04-24-14 at 06:11 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-14 AT 07:45 AM (EST)

Hello!

About the Roles:

They are my invention. And, despite the fact that I relied on the Sun Sign Profiles for their criteria and that they share a ‘3 with 4’ configuration with the Modes, there is no convenient correlation between them and the Signs’ formal identities. So, the first thing that I should say is that they were not intended to be a replacement or substitute for any one of Astrology’s personality facets. Instead, I meant them to be a lay addendum to them: a shorthand that utilized familiar ‘corporate’ terms to indicate the hierarchal positions most natural (and comfortable) to the Signs’ natives.

And, I am the first to admit that it would be really nice if the four Superiors were also the four Cardinal Signs. And if the four Subordinates were also the four Fixed Signs. And if the four Soloists were also the four Mutable Signs. But, unfortunately, accuracy got in the way and, as a result, the Superiors, Subordinates and Soloists are scattered across the Zodiac …

The Superiors:

From the Capricorn (Earth-Cardinal) Profile – Born with a sense of purpose and an intense drive for achievement and excellence that never lets up, they are the major finishers of most projects begun by the 'pioneering' Signs. Capricorn exude a sense of being in charge. And they usually are. … And as the ranking authority figure in a given situation they expect their underlings to be as self- disciplined as they themselves are and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard …

The trappings of success are important to these natives not only for personal pleasure but also for the impression that they can make on others …

LJ is a Capricorn.

From the Cancer (Water-Cardinal) Profile – Cancer has a tender heart … once you’re allowed inside the circle of trust, you’ll start to know why they’re called the “Mother” of the Zodiac … their innate understanding of human emotion allows them to see through the pretenses of other Signs and lend encouragement, support or sympathy when needed. Both men and women of this Sign have an instinctive nurturing side …

If Cancer can reconcile the personal conflict of their urge to be outgoing with the reserve that causes them to withdraw into themselves, then at best they can inspire a generation, especially the youthful part of it, by their idealism. They also have a penchant for trade or business and are often successful as a captain of industry. Take Note: The stealth approach of Cancer often takes people by surprise, and many have been underestimated. They’ll protect their sensitivity by going after what they want indirectly, which can be seen as passive. But try to take advantage of their gentle nature, and you’ll soon be put in your place. Once crossed, the Cancer holds a grudge to infinity, so it’s hard to win back their trust.

Jefra, Trish, Spencer – and Morgan – are Cancer.

From the Scorpio Water-Fixed) Profile – Scorpio are the most profound and powerful characters in the Zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic attraction and often strangely hypnotic quality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure … Scorpio are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions … And because they relate to their fellows only as leaders, they can be blunt to those they dislike to the point of cruelty.

The Sun in Scorpio have a powerful drive to succeed … They’re great competitors because of their built-in radar for the weaknesses of the opponent … That’s why in relationships of any kind they are a formidable enemy if betrayed … This Sun Sign includes among its natives more geniuses than does any other …

There were no Scorpio in Cagayan.

From the Leo (Fire-Fixed) Profile – There is a public confidence with the Leo Sun that affords them free reign to fully express their creative and social selves … It is a Leo’s birthright to lead, and they'll naturally assume that role without being asked. However, if that authority is questioned, they may abandon a project entirely … And, since Leo simply can't function if they're not in a position to lead, they'll brood until that status has been reinstated …

Their chief attribute in any group situation is the unique capacity for the overall manipulation of resources to produce a desired result. So it is not surprising that more wealth is found under Leo than under any other Sun Sign. On the whole they are powers for good, for they are strongly idealistic, humane, and beneficent. They have a powerful intelligence and are of a broad philosophical, sometimes religious, turn of mind. However, a Leo’s faults can be as large in scale as are his virtues and an excessively negative Leo can be a very unpleasant human being.

There were no Leo in Cagayan

And the Subordinates:

From the Taurus Earth-Fixed) Profile – This Sign’s characteristics are solidity, practicality, extreme determination and strength of will - no one will ever drive Taurus, but they will willingly and loyally follow a leader they trust. They are stable, balanced, conservative and law-abiding citizens and lovers of peace (possessing all the best qualities of the bourgeoisie). They will do everything in their power to maintain the security of the status quo … They are faithful and generous friends with a great capacity for affection. But Taurus rarely establish intimacies outside their social rank (to which they are ordinarily excessively loyal).

Taurus are known as the “builders” of the Zodiac and in their work they are industrious and ambitious: unafraid of getting their hands dirty and at their best in routine positions of trust and responsibility where there is little need of urgency, little risk of change and a pension at the end. Yet they are creative and are also often founders of enterprises where the fruits are of their own labors.

Garrett is a Taurus.

From the Virgo (Earth-Mutable) Profile – Intellectually, Virgo is enquiring, methodical and logical, studious and teachable. They combine mental ingenuity with the ability to produce a clear analysis of the most complicated problems. Thoroughness, hard work and conscientiousness are their hallmarks. They have an excellent eye for detail but they may be so meticulous that they neglect larger issues.

Virgo often feel compelled to serve others and can find respect in fields where attention to detail and a responsible attitude are rewarded. But they have to watch out for those who would take advantage of their natures and put them in subservient roles. Finding the courage to place the highest value on what they offer can take a lifetime for some Virgos. So, given their qualities, Virgo are much more effective in subordinate rather than leadership positions. Responsibility irks them and they often lack the breadth of strategic vision that leadership requires. They are essentially tacticians and excel at the attainment of limited objectives: needing the stimuli of immediacy and prestige attendant to specialization.

J'Tia and Lindsey are Virgo.

From the Pisces (Water-Mutable) Profile – Pisceans are deservedly popular with all kinds of people in part because their easygoing, affectionate, malleable and submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters … And because their natures are often too otherworldly for practical purposes – they tend to exist emotionally rather than rationally and instinctively rather than intellectually – the nine-to-five life is not easy for them.

The challenge to Pisces natives, then, is to somehow integrate their affinity with the more subtle planes into constructive working relationships. Fortunately, Pisceans are usually versatile and intuitive; quickly master new skills; observe and listen well; and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres … in medicine and social work, Pisceans find an outlet for their empathy and mercy while their professional statures curb the likelihood of their being taken advantage of … they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Most would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis.

David, Brice, Alexis, Tasha and Woo are Pisces.

From the Gemini (Air-Mutable) Profile – Gemini, the Sign of the Twins, is dual-natured, elusive, complex and contradictory. To them, life is a game that must always be full of fresh moves and continuous entertainment and free of labor and routine … They are affectionate, courteous, kind, generous, and thoughtful - provided none of the activities resulting from expressing these traits interferes too greatly with their own lives and comforts …

Like chameleons, they absorb and reflect every change in their environment and can become pessimistic, sullen, peevish and self-centered prattlers, boasters, liars and cheats if circumstances force them to struggle in any way … If faced with difficulties, they have little determination to worry at a problem until they find a solution - they will pick the brains of others … Any work that combines quick-wittedness with a change of surroundings suits Gemini.

Jeremiah is a Gemini.

Note: The choice between Soloist and Subordinate for Gemini was a tough one. But, in the end, it was the Gemini (In-Survivor) history of sheltering in alliances and/or choosing to provide the Season’s comic relief from a position of safety (as opposed to engaging in the Game) that persuaded me. So, all of these years later, it was a lot of fun for me to hear Tyson admit that it was not until his third Season that he actually took a chance on playing the Game to win it.

The other Gemini Sole Survivor was Jud (Fabio) Birza (who is one of the three Survivors to win the Game from a Minority position). Yul (Aquarius) and Tina (Capricorn) are the other two Minority winners.

Note: I think that the hierarchies headed by Cancer are most likely to be matriarchal in character: exclusive, suspicious and overly protective. That those with a Leo at the helm are most likely to be patriarchal: expansive, naïve and overly indulgent. That those dominated by authoritarian Capricorns are most likely to be bureaucracies: over-thought, over-regulated and over-populated. And that those governed by a Scorpio are, more often than not, intrigue-rich and diplomacy-poor dictatorships …

And that brings us to my second admission:

I really do wish that I had labeled the Soloists anything … but. Because the impression seems to have become that these individuals have a propensity for social isolation. And nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, these four Signs – Libra and Aquarius (Cardinal and Fixed Air) and Aries and Sagittarius (Cardinal and Mutable Fire) – are, arguably, the most social of the Zodiac’s twelve.

And I think that major contributors to their sociability are their resilient and well-developed egos and their zealously guarded independence from consensus. In other words, I think that these natives move in – and out – of professional, social and intimate relationships as confidently and spontaneously as they normally do because their internal value system isn’t tied to what others think of them or of each other: when things go badly - though all four Signs, and most especially Libra, are certainly capable of introspection – these natives are far more likely to look outward for the culprit. And when things go well, they are also far more likely to credit stand-out individual performances (including their own) rather than a nebulous group dynamic. ‘Team’ is not a word that springs lightly to a Soloist’s lips.

And, because they have an inclination to rely on their own observations and intuitions to evaluate others rather than to assign great weight to the labels affixed to them by hierarchies, they are also usually the least intolerant and most inclusive folks in the room.

So, I used the term in an attempt to imply a tendency to individual/entrepreneurial initiative and to a hint of rebellion rather than to suggest a need to be alone. We have the Water Signs for that …

And it is only natural (but sloppy, I admit), then, that the four are – ‘gregarious and passionate’ – Fire and – ‘curious and social’ – Air Signs:

From the (Aries (Fire-Cardinal) Profile – Adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, enthusiastic and full of energy, Aries is a trailblazer: open to new ideas and a lover of freedom. These individuals welcome opposition and will not be diverted from their purposes except by their own impatience or boredom. Gifted with a direct, fiery nature that puts them one step ahead of the crowd, the childlike enthusiasm of these entrepreneurs and revolutionaries is infectious, and their ability to rouse others' interest in a project or cause is unparalleled. They’ll often take charge of a situation and their sense of certainty usually makes others fall in line. But the Mars-ruled are initiators -- not perpetuators.

There were no Aries in Cagayan.

From the (Sagittarius (Fire-Mutable) Profile – Sagittarius … delight in travel and exploration … Non-conformists, Sagittarius hate being bound to rigid social confines or pigeonholed into strict routines that don't give them plenty of breathing room. Even more than physical restrictions, they'll loathe mental confinement. Sagittarius have both profound and broad minds: equipped with foresight, good judgment and keen intuition … They are characteristically on the side of the underdog and are prepared to be rebellious …

Sagittarius are much more adept at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues whose talents compliment, rather than compete with, their own.

Cliff, Kass and Tony are Sagittarius.

From the (Libra (Air-Cardinal) Profile – These are very social human beings. It’s difficult – even unnatural – for Libra to “go it alone”. More than any other Sign, they function best in “people” environments … Libra loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity. And they detest overt conflict. So they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them.

The polar opposite of subjective Aries, the Libra is quite capable of objective judgment: irrespective of his own tastes, mores, philosophies or preferences … Perhaps this is why there are more judges born under Libra than under any other Sun Sign … The Libra flair for tact and diplomacy is unparalleled in the Zodiac … Great venture partners, they relish bouncing ideas off other people and eagerly contribute their talents to committed teams.

Sarah is a Libra.

From the (Aquarius (Air-Fixed) Profile – The Sun in Aquarius has been called the “rebel” of the Zodiac because of their total commitment to their unique vision. They’re uncompromisingly anchored in their own lives and grant that same autonomy to others. And, because Aquarius instinctively appreciate diversity and have a sustaining confidence in their own convictions, they are extremely tolerant of the behaviors and opinions of others … Aquarius work most effectively within a group environment provided that they are recognized as having a leading role in the project. They’re tuned into a different frequency, and have a vast mindscape that seems to make them self-sufficient.

So … the Aquarian nature is known as eccentric … However … the native’s distain for the status quo – unlike the social activism of Sagittarius or the overt revolt of Aries – is most usually held in check by a quiet optimism … his more subtle rebellion most usually manifests itself in unconventional dress or grooming, erratic behaviors and wry (devastating) sarcasm.

There were no Aquarius in Cagayan.

In short:

I think of Superiors as a society’s Providers: those persons who, motivated principally by their inherent expectation of success/acclaim in return for effort, are most likely to erect and direct its hierarchies …

Of Subordinates as a society’s Producers: those persons who, motivated principally by their inherent expectation of reward/approval in return for effort, are most likely to populate and maintain those hierarchies …

And of Soloists as its Provocateurs: those persons who, motivated principally by their inherent expectation of notoriety/distinction in return for effort, are most likely to be found scrambling over, squirming under, sneaking around … or making shambles of … its hierarchies.

And I've put together the Chart below as a quick reference to the Signs' (official and unofficial) identities that I've always used in Signs of Survival.

Note: The comments in the first column are from an unattributed tongue-in-cheek (but, I thought, on-the-mark) bit that I ran across at an Astrology site several years ago.

I hope it helps.

ETA: Links to Profiles

The Earth Signs – These three practical and industrious Signs are Capricorn, Taurus and Virgo.
The Water Signs – These three emotional and intuitive Signs are Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces.
The Fire Signs – These three charismatic and spontaneous Signs are Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.
The Air Signs – These three intellectual and balanced Signs are Libra, Gemini and Aquarius

Posted by Georganna on 04-23-14 at 06:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-14 AT 06:57 AM (EST)

Good Evening!

I've already posted most of the following updates. Here and there. So, I've put them all together to give us a comprehensive look at the current (to us) tribal dynamics.

Directly below is Solarrion's Tribal composition. And below it is an update of the Natural Tribal Chart.

Below them are the Charts that reflect the Signs' performances in 1) S1 through S27 and in 2) the Earth and Water Majority Seasons.

To Notice:

The two Charts directly above illustrate the Signs' performances in completed Games.

The far-left column contains the names of the Signs and the total number of their members cast in those Seasons - from the highest to the lowest (raw) number. It also contains the names of the Signs' Cagayan contestants. The names of Cagayan castmembers who have left the Game are in red.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and reached F10.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and reached F4.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and reached F3.

The next column contains the names of the Signs ranked (from high to low) by the percentage of their members who began the Game in those Seasons and became one of its Sole Survivors.

And just below is the Chart that illustrates the boot histories of the completed Earth and Water - dominant Seasons.
Along with its attachments ...

To Notice:

So ... incorporating every last Source for one last time ...

Eighteen of twenty-one Seasons played with Majority/Minority populations indicate that an Earth or Water native will be this Season's Sole Survivor. And a Sourced Spoiler attributed to Jim Early declares that there is an F2 composed of a man and a woman. And that the man wins the Game. And that the man is not Spencer. So, assuming that the Spoiler is not a hoax, Woo (who JP has suggested is 'getting' the Fabio Edit') is going to win in Cagayan.

Too, there are Sourced Spoilers that indicate that Trish and Tasha go late into the Game (for argument's sake, I'm going to assume that 'late' in this instance means F5 or further) and that Tasha is probably eventually booted at F3.

Additionally, the late-boot (F10 to F3) histories of all eight of the E&W Majority Seasons with Majority/Minority splits most comparable to Cagayan's indicate that there will be no more than one F&A native remaining at F4.

Finally, there is the 'Torch Theory' that indicates that the F5 will be composed of two Brawn, two Beauty and one Brain.

So, given all of the above, the boot order would have to look like the following (with Spencer, Kass and Tony leaving the Game at F8, F7 and F6). And, for multiple reasons, I don't think that that happens. But, we'll see. And then, I think, begin - as it seems that most of us have already done - entertaining fresh scenarios tomorrow ...

The List ~

F10 - Spencer Morgan
F09 - Morgan Spencer LJ

Remaining at F8: Tony, Woo and Trish (Brawn), Jeremiah and Jefra (Beauty) and Tasha, Kass, Spencer (Brain)

F08 - Spencer
F07 - Kass
F06 - Tony

Remaining at F5: Trish and Woo (Brawn), Jeremiah and Jefra (Beauty) and Tasha (Brain)

F05 - Jeremiah
F04 - Jefra
F03 - Tasha
F02 - Woo and Trish

Note: The only practical alternative to a scenario in which Woo is the Season's Sole Survivor - if we continue to assume that a man does, in fact, become Cagayan's winner - is that Spencer is that winner. However, the fact that Kass (failing a 4th casting anomoly) will not win the Game was decided long before she and Spencer broke bread in the Philippines.

The Chart Backgrounds are by Ysa Gernale and
and
Vicente Manansala
Deceased

"Chaos!!! But, thank you very much, Kass!!!"
Posted by Georganna on 04-30-14 at 06:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-14 AT 00:39 AM (EST)

Hello ~

Remember when, back 'up there', I said that the two principal reasons that I really hesitated to begin a Signs of Survival installment this Season were the uncertainty of my schedule and the sometimes questionable reliability of the birthdate information at Survivor Wiki?

Well, as of this past Sunday evening, I had tamed my schedule well enough to have completed all of the graphics for the thread. And, yesterday, I pulled up the Wiki to check those birthdates one last time before I began putting together its text.

To discover, of course, that the third Cagayan birthday had been changed (on the 26th) by the gremlin (aka) 'The Outcast'. And not the birthday of a Survivor who had left the Game early - minimizing the damage to my Charts. Oh, no!

The revised natal anniversary belonged to one of the Season's most central characters - very much still in the Game.

So, still hoping to save hours of work from the trash bin, I posted a note on Kass' public Facebook page and within a very few hours she - very graciously - replied that the revision was accurate. And that - if you can't write without the illustrations - is the, ironically chaotic, bad news.

The good is that Kass is a Scorpio. And that means many things to the Game that we're watching. But the most important from this perspective is that she was a member of the Season's Earth and Water Majority and - unlike Cagayan's shockingly few Fire and Air natives - a very credible threat to become its Sole Survivor.

Note: Kass asked for links to Signs of Survival/The Forum and I did post them for her. I hope she'll visit us and, when the Season has finished airing, that she'll join our conversation.

So, because of the impact that a Scorpio who has managed to stay in the Game beyond the Final Ten - a rare accomplishment for players whose personalities seem to instantly intimidate/unnerve their competitors - can have in any Survivor Season, this Update is going to be very Kass (and Scorpio) - centric. Beginning with the Scorpio Profile just below.

Note: When I discovered this set of Zodiac prints by Karen MacKenzie, I had no idea that Cagayan's red-haired daughter of Windswept Ranch was a Scorpio.

THE SCORPIO PROFILE

Positive Traits
Determined and Forceful
Intense and Intuitive
Formidable and Passionate
Exciting and Magnetic

Negative Traits
Jealous and Vengeful
Compulsive and Obsessive
Secretive and Cunning
Manipulative and Obstinate

Scorpio are the most profound and powerful characters in the Zodiac. There is a harnessed aggression, an immense forcefulness, magnetic attraction and often strangely hypnotic quality in their tranquil, but watchful, composure that can be intimidating. An outer mask of cool control belies a vast and often turbulent psychic interior. In a word, the Scorpio is intense, and works best in a crucible of pressure and uphill challenges. Without a sense of purpose, the darker emotions can take hold and lead them down the paths of obsession, jealousy and worse.

In conventional social gatherings they are pleasant to be with, thoughtful in conversation, dignified, and reserved, yet affable and courteous. And in their everyday behavior they give the appearance of being withdrawn from the center of activity. Yet those who know them will recognize the ever-probing, ever-evaluating observation that is an integral component of their character. They intuitively take in everything around them and reveal very little in return. And don’t expect instant friendship here, as it takes time to win the trust of the wary Scorpio.

Scorpio are deeply sensitive and easily moved by their emotions. And that sensitivity, together with a propensity for extreme likes and dislikes, make them easily hurt: quick to detect or imagine insult or injury to themselves and easily aroused to ferocious anger. And because they relate to their fellows only as leaders, they can be blunt to those they dislike to the point of cruelty.

The Sun in Scorpio have a powerful drive to succeed and often have extracurricular activities that take it up a notch. They’re great competitors because of their built-in radar for the weaknesses of the opponent. They’ll remain calm until the exact moment when a targeted attack will do the most damage. That’s why in relationships of any kind they are a formidable enemy if betrayed.

Fortunate that their strong reasoning powers are tempered with imagination and intuition and that these gifts are usually accompanied by critical perception and analytical capacity, Scorpio often find fulfillment in the ice-cold self-control and detachment of the surgeon or soldier and the concentration of the research scientist. And any profession in which investigation and analysis are relevant may attract these charismatic "twice-born" characters. They may also become masters of the written and spoken word. This Sun Sign includes among its natives more geniuses than does any other.

At the other extreme is the procrastinator: the man or woman who is capable of so much that they do nothing and become indolent and self-indulgent: requiring extravagant praise and flattery from those whom they make their cronies.

Romantically Speaking: Those in a relationship with a Scorpio need to be strong-willed in order to keep from being controlled by their undertow. And never try to hide anything from them because they’ll quickly “read” it on your face. Moreover, Scorpio have earned a reputation for being highly sexual and need an amorous outlet for all that emotional intensity. However, to those few allowed into their private worlds they are fiercely loyal and their enveloping sensuality usually makes all the drama worth it.

A few thoughts:

1) Although alarm bells did, softly, ring when Tony told his confessor that he couldn't 'read' Kass (Sagittarius are usually very good at just that - especially when encountering another Fire Sign/Sagittarius - and just as very bad at controlling their own revealing facial expressions), I really thought that Kass was playing a very smart, uncharacteristically-patient, independent - shape-shifting - Game much like that of her fellow Sagittarius - Vecepia.

2) In the Profile, did you notice the number of Scorpio women who have played the Game who were the first 'booted' from it (or from their Tribe)? And that Kass is the third - Scorpio - female attorney to play the Game (and I may have missed one or two)?

3) Another tell-tale behavior that I failed to 'read':

Both Tony and Kass have created 'havoc'. But Kass' 'chaos' has been much more focused, clandestine and understated. In fact, I said, somewhere, that I thought that her most serious weakness was her infatuation with anarchy - when it would be more accurate to say that she adores intrigue. To Scorpio, Survivor is just another fascinating, stimulating mind game (at which they excel). What they tend to forget, however, is that their - alarmed - adversaries within this Game have the power to banish them from it.

In their defense: It is extremely difficult for a Scorpio to appear to be ... ordinary.

4) Kass seems to have had far more fun in the Game than do most Scorpio (for whom frustration with the pace of their new bedfellows' mental processes is its highest hurdle).

5) Her recent 'Laying Low' confessional is encouraging. Scorpio are , when they wish to be, the Zodiac's champions of self-restraint. So, too (encouraging), is the title of Episode 11.

Your thoughts ... ?

Next, below, is the revised (to put Kass on the proper side of the page) Natural Tribal Chart. And the right (Minority) side of the Chart is empty of Superiors because the Fixed Fire Sign – Leo – whose Profile indicates that these natives are born to be – and, in fact, are compulsively – leaders wasn’t invited. And that has become a puzzling trend:

In the first 20 Seasons of the show, Leo were cast 33 times. In the last 7 Seasons , the Sign has been cast only 3 times. And it can’t be for lack of performance. Leo natives are more successful at reaching F10 than are the natives of any other Sign.

Considered the Zodiac’s paternal Sign ...

Positive Traits
Generous and Affectionate
Exuberant and Colorful
Broadminded and Theatrical
Proud and Vivacious

Negative Traits
Pompous and Patronizing
Overbearing and Provocative
Dogmatic and Intolerant
Selfish and Egotistical

… Their leadership style is best described, I think, as Familial, Inclusive and Beneficent. And that last is nice to know. Because Leo natives have accumulated more wealth than has any other Sign.

But, most importantly for our purposes, Leo is a Fixed (Steadfast) Sign. Its natives are a source of cultural/emotional stability. And they are missing.

Next is the revised Chart that illustrates the complimentary and opposed (Earth and Water - Fire and Air) Elements' performances in all of the 27 completed Seasons.

To notice:

1) In the six Balanced Seasons, Fire and Air natives have won four of the Games, Earth and Water natives have won two.

2) In the twenty-one (21) Seasons cast with Majority/Minority splits, a member of the Majority has won eighteen (18) of the Games. The three exceptions are highlighted by font color. And I have yet to discover any common factor between The Outback, Cook Islands and Nicaragua that would allow us to predict when the anomoly will next occur.

However, whatever one's opinion of the validity of Astrology's Personality Profiles might be, the numbers here are not theory but fact and the facts are history: the odds are overwhelming that an Earth or Water native will be Cagayan's Sole Survivor and that a Fire or Air native will not.

But, before you scroll on down, try a small experiment that I think reveals what I believe is a regrettable (and now, seemingly, established) casting practice:

Make two lists.
1) of those Seasons that felt most like a Competition/Game to you
and
2) of those Seasons that felt to you more like a badly-costumed Soap Opera.

Then, when you reach the second Chart, compare your lists with those of
The Earth and Water Majority Seasons,
The Balanced Seasons,
and The Fire and Air Majority Seasons.

Before we move along, a theory:

Human beings are attracted to - and supportive of - individuals like themselves. So, if a 'social game' excludes large swaths of the 'social' spectrum - for instance, intrinsically cheerful, competitive/sporting souls - does it not reasonably follow that market share will slip ... a bit?

The Chart below (of the individual Sun Signs' performances in all 27 completed Seasons) contains a dramatic illustration (follow the lavender line) of just why Kass' position (at Final Seven) is so remarkable.

Overall, Scorpio (despite the fact that the Sign boasts more geniuses than does any other) do not do well in Survivor.

Notice, too, in those F4 and F3 Columns, that we are down to four Sun Signs. And that Pisces natives would seem to have an advantage at F4, but lose it to Cancer at F3. However, the picture changes somewhat (on below) when we consider only the completed Earth and Water Majority Seasons. In those Games, Scorpio made a decent showing at F4. But, neither picture is a pretty one for an out-of-his-Element Sagittarius.

Also notice:

And, here, are Solarrion's current inhabitants - including that lone, idol-intoxicated, Fire Sign. And, here, is another theory:

Although the designations ‘Superior, Subordinate and Soloist’ do not have direct parallels within Astrology,
they do roughly correspond with the designations ‘Leader, Follower and Renegade’ associated with Nash’s Game Theory.
But there is a very essential difference between the two concepts behind the labels.

‘Leader, Follower and Renegade’ refer to transient Roles that are adopted and/or discarded at will during gameplay
and reflect the premise that successful Survivors choose what they are to be within the Game.

‘Superior, Subordinate and Soloist’ refer to Roles that are intrinsic to the individual’s personality
and reflect the premise that, more often, successful Survivors choose to be what they are within the Game.

And that last is based upon the G-Theory that the midst of a crisis
(and Survivor is a crisis environment)
is a really bad time to attempt to invent a new personality ...

And finally, below, are the two Charts specific to Earth and Water Majority Seasons and therefore the most relevant to us: the first, The Elements and the second, The Signs.

Notice: Scorpio's F4 ranking on the Signs Chart.

To Notice:

1) - 7) In seven (7) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a Minority native was still in the Game at F5 and in six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons a Minority native was still in the Game at F4.

This Chart is specific to those completed Seasons with an Earth and Water Majority.

Links to Profiles

Artists
The Zodiac Signs by Karen Mackenzie

"RE: Chaos!!! But, thank you very much, Kass!!!"
Posted by mimo on 04-30-14 at 09:48 PM
Kass is a Scorpio??? I couldn't figure out why I liked her... but I do!

PS Love the graphics.

"RE: Chaos!!! But, thank you very much, Kass!!!"
Posted by Georganna on 05-01-14 at 00:17 AM
That's what the lady said. And I couldn't talk her out of it ...

"Update: The List"
Posted by Georganna on 04-30-14 at 07:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-30-14 AT 10:36 PM (EST)

The List

Eighteen of twenty-one Seasons played with Majority/Minority populations indicate that an Earth or Water native will be this Season's Sole Survivor. And a Sourced Spoiler attributed to Jim Early declares that there is an F2 composed of a man and a woman. And that the man wins the Game. And that the man is not Spencer (Cancer/Water). So, assuming that the Spoiler is not a hoax, Woo (Pisces/Water, who JP has suggested is 'getting the Fabio Edit') is going to win in Cagayan.

Too, there are Sourced Spoilers that indicate that Trish and Tasha go late into the Game (for argument's sake, I'm going to assume that 'late' in this instance means F5 or further) and that Tasha is probably eventually booted at F3.

Additionally, the late-boot (F10 to F3) histories of all eight of the E&W Majority Seasons with Majority/Minority splits most comparable to Cagayan's indicate that there will be no more than one F&A native remaining at F4. And we are now, with Kass' conversion to Scorpio, down to that one F&A native: Tony.

They also indicate that in seven (7) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a Minority native was still in the Game at F5 and in six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons s Minority native was still in the Game at F4. So, taken altogether, the 'sources' suggest this boot order (or something like it ... )

F10 - Spencer Morgan
F09 - Morgan Spencer LJ
F08 - Spencer Jeremiah

F07 - Spencer
F06 - Jefra
F05 - Tony
F04 - Trish
F03 - Tasha
F02 - Woo and Kass
Sole Survivor - Woo

ETA: I put Kass in the F2 with Woo as a nod to the rumors that she is evidently not on the best of terms with many of her former tribemates. And I can't think that anything less than a late-game betrayal would cause such a widespread reaction.

Too, just to be clear:

Spencer is a Cancer - a member of the Season's Majority. So, it would not be at all surprising if he were to be Cagayan's winner. I just don't care for him and the 'spoiler' that another man wins the Game is - convenient.

If Tony should win, it most certainly would be a departure (only the fourth in 22 Seasons) from a very stable pattern . And I don't think that that is going to happen. Idols or no, the odds are convincing: Tony is going to find a way to lose the Game.

Or, like Kass, get another birthday ...

"RE: Update: The List"
Posted by Outsider32 on 04-30-14 at 09:26 PM
I couldnt understand the picking Kass to be sixth but smart here and just as Kass and Woo appear to be forming some kind of alliance. But now, Kass is looking like a f6 target so I have a feeling a tie is happening next week and there will e a fire building challenge.

Posted by Georganna on 05-01-14 at 00:32 AM
Hi!

You've certainly made me curious:

Who do you see on each of the 'sides' of a tie. And why do you think that it would go to a fire-building challenge? Isn't that reserved for F4?

And, welcome!

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-01-14 at 07:43 PM
It could be reserved for any tie. Its up to Probst to decide how he wants it. They drew rocks at f4 Marquesas, built a fire between Stephenie and Bobby Jon, went to fire building at f4 Palau that same season, went to fire building in Exile at f4, drew rocks at f6 in BvW. I did not watch seasons 22 through 26 and only watched 1 or 2 of 21 and the last two of 27.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-01-14 at 07:44 PM
Kass/Woo/Trish-Spencer
Tasha/Spencer/Tony-Kass

Posted by Georganna on 05-02-14 at 09:31 PM
I'm certain that you're right, Outsider: Jeff Probst will always "decide how he wants it". But, for the record, four years ago, Andy Dehnart at Reality Blurred published a copy of a Survivor's contract that contained a set of its 'Rules'. And below is the excerpt relevant to Voting/Ties.

Whether or not those 'Rules' are still (or, at a producer's discretion, ever were) of any practical value is, I think, anyone's guess.

Kass/Woo/Trish-Spencer
Tasha/Spencer/Tony-Kass

I think that I've asked the wrong question. Or, perhaps, not the important one: 'Who do you see as the targets in a tie (3 - 3) scenario?'.

Because, if one of them is Tony, the moment he plays either of his Idols, the tie no longer exists. And I can't think of any rational reason why he would not just kick back until after the votes are read and then play his first - 'Super' - one. If necessary. This week. Or next. Or whenever.

But, even if he does manage to escape the trap of attempting to bribe happiness with an Idol, they will run out. And Tony is not a Challenge threat. Nor has he been good, or bad, enough for anyone to offer him a gratuitous seat in the Final Two.

Note: Among Sagittarius’ less attractive traits are social insecurity, shallow emotional responses and addiction to attention. Giving, if you will, DAW – when applied to a native - a whole new level of meaning …

So, I am extremely curious to see if, before the end of a tough 39 days, Tony managed to put them behind him and enjoy Cagayan’s Final Tribal Council.

I hope so. Because, while Spencer may have made the Season – strategically - interesting, Tony made it – competitively – fun.

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-04-14 at 01:26 AM
Never knew about that. Well then I think what would happen here, is that Kass and Spencer split votes. Trish/Woo vote Spencer, Spencer votes Kass and its up to Tony. If he votes Kass, then it comes to a 2 minute discussion and likely Kass and Spencer get sparred from elimination and rock drawing happens for three of the other four. Maybe Tony draws the purple rock and has to play the special idol(if he still can at that point)and then what? A re-vote without Tony?

Posted by Georganna on 05-07-14 at 07:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-07-14 AT 07:40 PM (EST)

Hi!

And I don't know about you, but for some reason, I really would like to go fishing ...

But, since I'm far from a trout stream and it's late in the day, and I am very close to finally having a full version of Signs ... ready to post and I also have a boot theory that I hope to work through before the evening's festivities begin, for the moment I'll just finish another bare-bones Update and get it up before I'm in danger of dislodging one of the Forum's staple threads ... again.

And I'll start by including the Sun Sign Profiles for Pisces (Woo and Tasha) and Cancer (Spencer and Trish). I think that the Cancer Profile may be particularly helpful in explaining Trish's mini-withdrawals from interminable strategy sessions - the list of Cancer natives who have previously played the Game is enlightening - and Tasha's and Woo's dependence upon the security of alliances.

THE CANCER PROFILE

Positive Traits
Nurturing and Sensuous
Intuitive and Imaginative
Shrewd and Tenacious
Sensitive and Empathetic

Negative Traits
Changeable and Moody
Self-Absorbed and Clinging
Subjective and Clannish
Neurotic and Needy

Cancer’s emotions are as changeable as the Moon itself and their nature makes them something of an enigma, even to those closest to them. In fact, the Cancer temperament is a veritable kaleidoscope of waxing and waning feelings and during the course of a conversation, you may notice – passing fleetingly across the faces of July-born – scores of distinctively different emotions: no one ever repeated or expressed in exactly the same way. Quite simply, Cancer exude drama and these extraordinarily emotional individuals can sink into a mood and fully inhabit it, so that it seems to permeate the atmosphere around them. No other Sign has so pervasive an emotional aura as to either lift your spirits to ecstatic heights or to fill you with clouds of gloom, depending upon his mood.

Moreover, the Cancer imagination is so vivid that it’s like they’re watching home movies inside their heads. For them, every life experience can be replayed again and again and the same internal landscape revisited. This is the raw material for both creative genius and the tendency to get stuck in emotional eddies. These natives love to dream of far-away places and times past and will talk about historical events as if they were actually there. Most Cancer have a special reverence for the past, and if you ask them to tell you whom of all people they admire most, they'll most often rattle off the names of several prominent historical figures.

The idiom “home is where the heart is” has no greater ring of truth than when describing how the Cancer feels about his abode. Home is where he dreams, lives, plays and loves. And it is the only place he feels secure. But, because they're psychic sponges, they need plenty of space to unravel the little dramas of the day, or they’ll get cranky.

And Cancer has a tender heart. But you might not see it at first behind the cool exterior. However, once you’re allowed inside the circle of trust, you’ll start to know why they’re called the “Mother” of the Zodiac. Cancer is never truly happy unless they have someone or something to care for and their innate understanding of human emotion allows them to see through the pretenses of other Signs and lend encouragement, support or sympathy when needed. Both men and women of this Sign have an instinctive nurturing side that endears them to those they love and it is amazing to discover how many July-born have acquired the appendage – ‘good ol'– to their names. The Crab’s claws hold tight, though, and often they have trouble letting go of relationships and situations.

But there is a private, reclusive side to every Cancer. Because of their extreme emotional sensitivity, they fear ridicule and would rather retreat than defend themselves. And there is always lurking in the background of their personalities a foreboding of disaster. As if upon some hidden cue, the Crab can suddenly retreat into the watery burrows of his inner consciousness and not be seen for days. Try and question him about his absence and he'll probably not know what you're talking about.

However, if Cancer can reconcile the personal conflict of their urge to be outgoing with the reserve that causes them to withdraw into themselves, then at best they can inspire a generation, especially the youthful part of it, by their idealism. They also have a penchant for trade or business and are often successful as a captain of industry. This is because they are excellent organizers with a good sense of value and economy that they may combine with a flair for invention and originality.

Take Note: The stealth approach of Cancer often takes people by surprise, and many have been underestimated. They’ll protect their sensitivity by going after what they want indirectly, which can be seen as passive. But try to take advantage of their gentle nature, and you’ll soon be put in your place. Once crossed, the Cancer holds a grudge to infinity, so it’s hard to win back their trust.

Romantically Speaking: Above all, the Cancer needs a sense of belonging and an intimate home life. Once committed, they’ll prove to be the ultimate family man or woman, and likely never stray too far from the nest.

THE PISCES PROFILE

Positive Traits
Romantic and Sensitive
Compassionate and Idealistic
Imaginative and Naïve
Intuitive and Creative

Negative Traits
Escapist and Self-Indulgent
Secretive and Vague
Weak-willed and Gullible
Impressionable and Overwhelmed

Pisceans are deservedly popular with all kinds of people in part because their easygoing, affectionate, malleable and submissive natures offer no threat or challenge to stronger and more exuberant characters. But they will not be able to maintain for very long friendships or associations with those who are too materialistic.

As the last of the twelve Zodiac Signs, Pisces is said to contain aspects of them all. This makes the Pisces Sun so changeable as to appear not to have one singular identity. It's as if they merely touch down in this human reality and remain only long enough to try on a few personas. Consequently, those with the Sun in Pisces can seem to be "somewhere else" half the time. And because their natures are often too otherworldly for practical purposes – they tend to exist emotionally rather than rationally and instinctively rather than intellectually – the nine-to-five life is not easy for them.

So it is important for these individuals to find a sense of purpose in order to avoid just drifting: their sensitivity makes them more vulnerable to escapism through addictions or personal dramas than are other Signs. The challenge to Pisces natives, then, is to somehow integrate their affinity with the more subtle planes into constructive working relationships. Fortunately, Pisceans are usually versatile and intuitive; quickly master new skills; observe and listen well; and are receptive to new ideas and atmospheres. And all these factors can combine to produce remarkable creativity in literature, music and art. This is the sign of the mystic poet, and a creative pursuit gives Pisces the motivation to be disciplined. And bringing structure to the vast imagination and shades of emotion flowing within the Pisces nature is a great achievement.

Similarly, in medicine and social work, Pisceans find an outlet for their empathy and mercy while their professional statures curb the likelihood of their being taken advantage of. And, if they're typical March-born, they are not elitists: saint, sinner, murderer, thief, liar, rich or poor - deserving or undeserving - the Piscean instinctively recognizes the worth of the individual and can overlook the apparent causes of their circumstances.

But the fact that the Pisces Sun leads with a compassionate heart can be both a blessing and a curse. Many are remarkably wise and self-sacrificing when it comes to helping the vulnerable or those down on their luck. But this noble trait can take them down a path of being used and abused before they learn to set strong boundaries and they are better working either by themselves or in subordinate positions. Most would be afraid to manage more than a small department, worrying always that they would fail in a crisis.

Romantically speaking: Pisces fare well with a guiding-hand type who understands the fluidity of their nature. And life with a Pisces means having a bridge to unseen worlds of the heart and imagination. Awesome!

Next are the now familiar Tribal Charts. The first is of the current composition of Solarrion and the second of the composition of the two Natural Tribes as they began the Game (the attrition noted by checkmarks). And, leaving a lot until later - again- I will note that, no matter what the number after Tony's F( ), he should be very proud of his performance in Cagayan.

Note: I've said earlier that Tony would find a way to lose this Game. And I realize now how dismissive - of what was, given the circumstances of his Season's casting scheme, a great game - that sounded.

What I meant to convey was my virtual certainty that, no matter how encouraging his prospects appeared at any moment throughout the Game, Tony was not going to win it.

SOLARRION

THE NATIVE (NATURAL) TRIBES

And finally, below is the Elements Chart - specific to Earth and Water Majority Seasons - that illustrates Cagayan's boot history vis - a - vis those of the thirteen other earlier Games.

To Notice:

1) - 7) In seven (7) of the same eight (8) Seasons, a Minority native was still in the Game at F5 and in six (6) of the same eight (8) Seasons a Minority native was still in the Game at F4.

Keeping all of that in mind, next is The - To-Date, Totally Wrong - List

THE LIST

The histories of eighteen of twenty-one Seasons played with Majority/Minority populations indicate that an Earth or Water native will be this Season's Sole Survivor. And a Sourced Spoiler attributed to Jim Early declares that there is an F2 composed of a man and a woman. And that the man wins the Game. And that the man is not Spencer (Cancer/Water). So, assuming that the Spoiler is not a hoax, Woo (Pisces/Water, who JP has suggested is 'getting the Fabio Edit') is going to win in Cagayan.

Note: To the best of my knowledge, Jim Early has not disavowed his Spoiler.

Too, there are Sourced Spoilers that indicate that Trish and Tasha go late into the Game and until this afternoon my assumption was that 'late' in this instance meant F5 or further, and - based upon the Spoiler (attributed to Tasha) that the Season's F2 finish 'messed up her game' - that Tasha was probably eventually booted at F3.

But, as Tribe has pointed out in his SOTS for this Episode, it would appear that Tasha, Tony and Trish are off to a Reward at F06. And the sourced information regarding Tasha and Trish going 'late' into the Game came from the same 'Guide' who accurately described the foursome who lunched at the Caves.

So, I wonder - since the Trish/Tasha information seems to have come from someone who only saw the players off-campus' - if 'late' might mean F06?

I've also been thinking, this afternoon, about Outsider's 'tie' scenarios. And about the fact that Kass (a resourceful and demonstrably-devious Scorpio) needs to flush Tony's Idols (and the entire camp knows that he has two) and boot one of Spencer/Tasha.

So, what if ...

I hope I'll be back before showtime with a coherent theory that justifies the following 'LIST'.

F10 - Spencer Morgan
F09 - Morgan Spencer LJ
F08 - Spencer Jeremiah

F07 - Spencer Jefra
F06 - Tasha
F05 - Tony
F04 - Spencer
F03 - Trish
F02 - Woo and Kass
Sole Survivor - Woo

The Zodiac Signs are by Karen Mackenzie

The Chart Backgrounds are by Ysa Gernale
and
Vicente Manansala
Deceased

Posted by Georganna on 05-14-14 at 07:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-14 AT 08:58 AM (EST)

In celebration of The List's most recent - and only - correct Boot Prediction
(Sarah's departure predated its compilation)
Generous renditions of The Chaotic Cocktail are being served at the bar.

References to Sourced Spoilers are just beyond!
So, if you prefer not to know what very little rumor is being bandied about
By the very few who purport to know - something
Kick back and have another Chaotic. Or several. They're on the Thread.

Then, if your cursor should take a walk on the wild side
Your memory will never have to come to terms with where that rascal was
or
what it saw there!

Note: The adorable Mini-ManEater cavorting in your Cocktail is a perfectly harmless Jello sculpture
propelled by a pinch of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
Truly, it is.

But I wouldn't cross that Great Red Waiter!

THE LIST

Even though I was really sorry to see Tasha leave the Game - until I watched her disillusioning interview with "Queen Parv" - that was fun! And I hope that both Tribe and Outsider saw my post in the ECST acknowledging their roles in my boot choice.

For my part, I am more than happy to take the word of the Board's resident Editing experts when they say that Cagayan has been a very unpredictable Season. Because, beginning with its unprecedented 78% - 22% split, from my seat it is a landmark one. And to put that into some perspective, let's take a look at this evening's boot prospects:

Tony – Sagittarius – Fire – Mutable - Soloist ~

I am, as you are by now painfully aware, a Sagittarius.. And, despite the fact that he personally ushered LJ to the Tribal Council door, I am so damned proud of Tony.

Surrounded by a veritable sea of Water, he has actively, aggressively, in-full-voice and in-broad-daylight played the Game. Along the way, disproving my theory that the only way a Sagittarius could advance as far as he has done in the Game was - stealthily. So, take note of the Sagittarius line in the Earth and Water Majority Signs Chart just below these player reviews. You’ll see that only seventeen Sagittarius have begun one of those thirteen completed Games. And that, of those seventeen, only two have reached Final Four: Matty (in Gabon) and ‘Sash’ (in Nicaragua). And only ‘Sash’ advanced to Final Three.

Ironically (perhaps, presciently): The Sole Survivor of Gabon was, like Woo, a seemingly compliant and complacent Pisces – Bob – and the Sole Survivor of Nicaragua was, like Woo, a youthful and seemingly disengaged sojourner – Jud (Fabio).

So, what should we expect from Tony tonight?

Well, having said all of that about Tony’s forfeiture of stealth, I think that at this Tribal Council he would have wanted to dispatch one of his allies while retaining his/her loyalty. Because, it has seemed that Tony was very much aware that he needed five Final Tribal Council votes to win the Game …

So, in no personal danger, I think that he will do his best to use his two HII(s) to shield the fact that he was responsible for the Boot. But beyond a nebulous thought that he will orchestrate an outcome that will send Trish (the more ambitious, versatile and sympathetic of the two) packing as the result of one vote, I have no idea how he will accomplish the feat. Or why Spencer was chagrined by the fact that the conditions of the Special Powers Idol were not known to all (if it is a Trish Boot).

And that last is a huge question.

Spencer – Cancer – Water – Cardinal – Superior ~

Ah! The ‘born leader’ who didn’t (See Morgan and Jeremiah). But he has persevered. However, the consensus seems to be that if he failed to win II during this cycle, we will see him in Ponderosa by midnight (on the East Coast). And it may well be the case that this Tribal Council resulted in his straight-forward – by the HII(s) – Boot.

But, although it would seem that Tony would have his Final Tribal Council vote (and knew it), I think that Tony was also certainly savvy enough to know that Spencer - better the enemy that you know with the very real advantage in a head-to-head popularity contest - had by this point a vested interest in keeping the Sagittarius in the Game. So, I’m not so certain that Spencer – sans Individual Immunity – would have been Tony’s target this evening. Or that Tony – sans Hidden Immunity Idols – would have been Spencer’s.

As for the Cancer’s chagrin, the only reason for it that suggests itself is that Spencer preferred Woo’s exit rather than Trish’s (a fact driven home, perhaps, by Spencer’s subsequent exit at Final Three – at Woo’s hands , and legs, and dexterity).

Trish – Cancer – Water – Cardinal – Superior ~

Ah! The other ‘born leader’ who didn’t (See Season 28: Episodes One thru Eleven). Who has also persevered . And who, in addition, has been a crucial asset to her partner. But, at Final Five, she was much more valuable to him as a Juror than as an active ally. She could not (like Woo) be counted upon to be a competitive Challenge participant.

And, presumably, as far as Tony knew at this juncture, he had only to survive one more Tribal Council vote in order to present his case to the Jury. And he and Woo (the far less ambitious, creative and sympathetic member of his shrinking Alliance) were a safer (for Tony) – tying twosome.

In short (and in keeping with this Season’s central ‘Play or Go’ theme) Trish should have seen this coming. But I don’t think that she did.

Kass - Scorpio - Water - Fixed - Superior ~

Purportedly, everyone’s Goat. But, following Scorpio’s (Lavender) line on the Chart that I’ve already mentioned, I believe, occasions a certain respect for those of the twenty-four Scorpio who have begun an Earth and Water Majority Season and reached its Final Ten. And, once there, the Sign’s natives do well at the task of reaching the Final Four. In fact, of the Signs still active in Cagayan, only Pisces (Woo) have a better record. Final Three is, however, a different story. Ethan (in Africa) and Susie (in Gabon) are the only two Scorpio to ever sit before one of those thirteen Survivor Juries.

And because I am confident that we’ll have another week to talk about Kass () and am again running out of pre-show time, I’ll leave it at that for the moment.

Woo – Pisces - Water – Mutable – Subordinate

We’ve already spoken about Bob. So, we know that should Woo win this Game, he would not be the first Pisces to trade loyalty (and chronic detachment) for Survivor’s $1,000,000. Note: Brian (in Thailand) is the Series’ other Pisces Sole Survivor.

And, because of that ticking clock (Yes, mine actually ticks!), we’ll leave Woo there, too. For the moment.

I am becoming more convinced each day that Jim Early does have it right and that we should see Woo … in the Finale.

For now, here is that Chart. And below it is, along with the still-germane Sourced and Informed Spoiling upon which I’ve relied, The (Updated ) List.

The Spoils

From Editing: The prevailing opinion seems to be that either Spencer or Tony is Cagayan's Sole Survivor.

From Signs of Survival/Casting: The histories of eighteen of twenty-one Seasons played with Majority/Minority populations indicate that an Earth or Water native will be this Season's Sole Survivor.

And, referring to the eight Earth and Water Majority Seasons with original casting formula/splits most like that of Cagayan (illustrated in the Chart below added 05/15/14):

1) In six (6) of the eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F10.

2) In six (6) of the eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F9.

3) In five (5) of the eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F8.

4) In six (6) of the eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F7.

5) In five (5) of the eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F6.

6) In six (6) of the eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Fire and Air Minority left the Game at F5.

7) In six (6) of the eight (8) Seasons, a member of the Earth and Water Majority left the Game at F4.

From The Sourced Spoilers Thread:

A Spoiler attributed to Jim Early declares that there is an F2 composed of a man and a woman. And that the man wins the Game. And that the man is not Spencer (Cancer/Water). So, assuming that the Spoiler is not a hoax, Woo (Pisces/Water, who JP has suggested is 'getting the Fabio Edit') is going to win in Cagayan.

Note: To the best of my knowledge, Jim Early has not disavowed his Spoiler and it was (seemingly) reinforced yesterday by a series of tweets (with the concluding message attributed to Mr. Early)

Too, there is an active Spoiler that indicates that Trish and Tasha go late into the Game ... together. And, apparently, this information is based upon 'off-campus' observations of the two. I've suggested that the Source (a Guide) may have seen the two women going to (or from) Ponderosa and surmised that they were the last two women to leave the Game.

Finally:

From Look Closer at SS, there are two puzzles/riddles that suggest that Kass is a member of the Final Two and that Spencer is not.

So:

The List

F10 - Spencer Morgan
F09 - Morgan Spencer LJ
F08 - Spencer Jeremiah

F07 - Spencer Jefra
F06 - Tasha
F05 - Trish
F04 - Tony
F03 - Spencer (or Woo)
F02 - Kass
Sole Survivor - Woo (or Spencer)

Posted by Outsider32 on 05-15-14 at 01:20 AM
I have, thanks. This seems to be the way it is looking. Looks like the Ponderosa thing with Tasha/Trish is right.