URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8138
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S28 Casting Spoilers"

Posted by Estee on 11-25-13 at 09:17 AM
Found one on another site which might prove MB can no longer go through a no-boomerang (we hope) season without faint name recognition. Clearing spoiler space, we have...

Cliff Robinson, former NBA player (Trailblazers).

Poor Cliff. 6'10" and Mitchell still holds the record.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S28 Casting Spoilers"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-26-13 at 07:59 PM
Great. Another crazy and lazy cry baby. Can't wait.

We should start taking bets on how soon he quits and from what malady.
I put $50 on a hangnail in episode 3.

Posted by bbaper on 11-26-13 at 08:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-13 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

This link shows 10 possible contestants for Survivor 28.

http://vevmo.com/f13/survivor-28-casting-spoilers-7999/

Posted by Estee on 12-17-13 at 01:28 PM
Bumping this because now that we know what the oh-my-dear-gawds-can-it-get-any-stupider theme is, we can begin sorting people into their categories.

Expect casting to discard personalities and editing to go for purest stereotypes.

Posted by tribephyl on 12-17-13 at 04:16 PM
I don't even know about 'pure' stereotypes.
At least as far as SF has been categorizing. With 12 leaked ...er... spoiled "personalities" (of 18) already known. I find it a bit puzzling that a poker player is a brain and a socialite is a beauty. *eyeroll*

Posted by newsomewayne on 12-17-13 at 05:52 PM
I don't get the category casting for the socialite, either. The poker player could fit, though. They're not all Jean-Robert.

Posted by tribephyl on 12-17-13 at 06:22 PM
actually, the ratio of stupid poker players vs smart poker players is somewhere near 10000 to 1.
Jean-Robert isn't the exclusion to the rule, he's but another of the stereotypes.(Phil Ivey? Daniel Negreanu? Chris Moneymaker? Scotty Nguyen? Phil Hellmuth? all just mere points from short-bus status.)

And ANY list that states that Greg Raymer is the most intelligent poker player, is measuring worm-smarts against snail-smarts.

Posted by newsomewayne on 12-18-13 at 01:42 PM
Well, you probably know better than I. I've never met a professional player, so I can only judge on what I've seen on TV.

Perhaps you'd agree that it does take some degree of intelligence to make thousands at the poker table? It can't all be dumb luck, can it?

Posted by Belle Book on 12-18-13 at 01:05 PM
I might be interested in the "Brains vs. Beauty vs. Brawn" concept, if it's executed well. I'd be rooting for the "Brains" people, as I consider myself a "Brain". I'm certainly not strong enough to be in the "Brawn" category and I don't see myself as a remarkable beauty -- certainly not pretty enough that people would just focus on my looks and not on my brains.

Posted by kingfish on 12-18-13 at 03:56 PM
Your wings are pretty good looking.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-19-13 at 12:08 PM
Thanks. I think that I can hold my own in the Beauty department, but I can certainly do better in the Brains one, so that's why I think I'd be a Brain. I couldn't even hold my own in the Brawn department, so forget that one.

Posted by michel on 12-17-13 at 10:46 PM
Will this thread be safe? I mean, are you only talking about the contestants or will there be a boot lists? It would be nice to have two separate ones.

Tribe, worms will only ever be fish food while snails can become escargots

Posted by tribephyl on 12-18-13 at 03:05 AM
Well? There is no *NO SOURCES* in the title.
But usually this thread talks about contestants only. And usually only until the cast is revealed.
There may be a hint or two regarding longevity but usually, specially at this phase, it's all about finding out who cast members are.
When Spoilers come out they 'typically' get their own thread.
Specially sourced spoilers.
So, while I can't promise that a bomb won't get dropped in here, I will do my best to make sure that a new thread is started when something Sourced gets some airtime.
AND do my best to alert you if something does sour the thread for you.

Without worms very little plant life would be able to grow, with snails very little plant life is allowed to live.

Posted by kingfish on 12-18-13 at 09:15 AM
And fish need to eat, too.

Posted by michel on 12-18-13 at 10:03 PM
Thanks Tribe. I'll be careful about which posts I read.

Posted by suzzee on 12-19-13 at 09:09 AM
That should be the first commandment.

I should be watched....closely.

"I think I'll Puke"
Posted by michel on 01-09-14 at 08:18 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24403489/report-marlins-president-david-samson-to-compete-on-survivor

Petit-Trot on Survivor? The guy who helped his uncle kill the Expos? I hope they vote him out of there ASAP.

"RE: I think I'll Puke"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-10-14 at 03:02 AM
and with that, we now know 13 of the 18 cast members. (With a 14th, a Tony somethingorother, a police officer from Jersey City as a close to known entity.) Thusly bringing our douche-bag count up to 6+.

"RE: I think I'll Puke"
Posted by Estee on 01-10-14 at 10:33 AM
But at least this way, we'll finally get a new filming site -- or else he's moving the franchise to NBC!

"Last day of Spec. (cast release 1/22)"
Posted by tribephyl on 01-21-14 at 06:42 PM
per the publicist for Survivor via twitter...
Lori DelliColli @LD425 4h

#Survivor Fans get ready! We'll announce the castaways competing in #Survivor:Cagayan #BrawnBrainsBeauty 2morrow Wed. Jan.22. Premieres 2/26

Where we'll find out who the unnamed 4 players are. And confirm the 14 already discovered.

Alexis Maxwell
Brice Johnston
Clifford Robinson
David Sampson
Garrett Adelstein
Jeffra Bland
Jeremiah Wood
J'Tia Taylor
Kassandra McQuillen
L. J. McKanas
Morgan McLeod
Sarah Lacina
Spencer Bledsoe
Trish Hegarty

"I couldn't wait..."
Posted by tribephyl on 01-21-14 at 10:50 PM
did a little sleuthing myself. I found these.

Beauty:
alexis:

brice:

jefra:

jeremiah:

lj: (Did not find)
morgan:

Brawn:
clifford:

kassandra:

tony: (Found a new cast-member)

trish:

Unknown:

Brain:
david: (Did not find)
garrett:

jtia: (did not find)
sarah:

spencer:

Unknown:

I'm having fun for now finding them a day early... until it grows tiresome.

"RE: I couldn't wait..."
Posted by SpotTheDifference on 01-22-14 at 07:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-14 AT 07:20 AM (EST)

LJ's photo was misspelled as "JL":

JTia misspelled as "JTai":

ETA David ("David2"):