URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8119
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S27: Ep8 Title, Teases and Tweets *No Sources*"

Posted by Sheldor on 10-31-13 at 07:32 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-13 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

10.31.2013 IT’S DO OR DIE IN A REDEMPTION BATTLE THAT WILL LEAVE CASTAWAYS CLINGING FOR THEIR LIVES, ON “SURVIVOR: BLOOD vs. WATER,” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 6

"Skin Of My Teeth" – It’s do or die in a redemption battle that will leave castaways clinging for their lives. Meanwhile, a potentially game-changing blindside at tribal leaves one castaway on the outs, and the hidden immunity idol falls into the hands of an unlikely castaway

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-blood-vs-water/releases/view?id=37172

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S27: Ep8 Title, Teases and Tweets *No Sources*"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-01-13 at 00:29 AM
So...the HI is found!
Clues be damned!

Production figures that since they can't give the clues away, perhaps they'll just give the HI away and decides to leave it in the Merge Feast Basket.
Obviously, the castaways play hot-potato with it and whomever is holding it when the music stops has to keep it.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-01-13 at 08:03 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-13 AT 09:09 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-01-13 AT 08:35 AM (EST)

Now these are some interesting clues! Thanks for posting, Sheldor!

1. It’s do or die in a redemption battle that will leave castaways clinging for their lives.

The winner of the RI challenge is returned to the game...a few interesting pics to note:

Here are the competitors toward the beginning of the challenge:

Note they all have their feet in the second carved shelf from the top. Note how high they are each hanging on...both John and Laura M are hanging on at the top, while Laura B is hanging on at the level of the first carved shelf down. They are in different positions. Perhaps this is the challenge after they have been situated for a few minutes. Note that we see them all lined up in front of Jiffy at 7:47, and that this first pic is at 7:55, just 8 minutes later.

Next, I think there is this pic, that is also taken at 7:55. Note that Laura B is now on the third carved shelf from the top and is more erect in her stature, she is clearly in a different position. So, the question is, is she getting into, climbing up to the starting position, OR, is she climbing down after being too tired in the original position?

One thing to note is that Laura B's squatting position is making it much easier on her upper body, while Laura M and John are using much more of their upper body to hang on....seems to me that Laura B's position would be far less fatiguing, and it would come down to foot pain that determines the winner?

ETA: But, I went and looked at the preview promo vidcaps and there was this one:

This pic looks as if they are situated, so I can deduce that Laura B WAS climbing down into the position we see from the promo vidcaps, while John and Laura M are situated firmly in a higher position.

Then 1 minute later, here is John at 7:56. His feet do NOT look to secure on the shelf to me, so he will have to depend on his upper body to cling on...

Then 2 minutes later at 7:58, here is Laura M...

...she is now looking over at Laura B, and note that her arms are holding on a little lower then where she started out...she looks good here, imo. Question is, is she looking directly over at Laura B, OR is she looking down at her? To me, it does appear that she is looking down? What do you all think? We know that Laura B's head is at the level of the first shelf, which is a little lower? Hard to tell.

ETA: In the preview promo we have this pic of Laura M, looking over at Laura B...

...when she is announcing that, "I'm not letting go". Then we see her foot slip for suspense. Also, it's important to note that her position is definitely LOWER! Note, her head is at the level of the carved shelf....she is either in a very squatting position, or she too has moved her legs down to a lower shelf, at this point.

I think it's misdirection, and that Laura M will win this...fwiw.

Just 25 minutes later we have this shot...

Regardless, perhaps it is the victor of this challenge that utters the title, "skin of my teeth"...

2. a potentially game-changing blindside at tribal leaves one castaway on the outs

Now, this is the clue that really has me baffled. In the past several weeks the arc of Aras' demise has been gaining momentum. Tyson all but sealed the deal with the new F5; Tyson, Gervase, Hayden, Caleb, and Cierra. If Laura M or Laura B re-enter the game, chances are they would be solid with an Aras boot. Laura M holds him responsible for her demise, and Laura B will not re-join the girls, "that's for damn sure"!

Only problem is the verbage in this clue, "potentially game-changing blindside at TC", makes it sound like the attempt to blindside will fall short and the target of the blindside will find out. So, if it falls short, why? Most likely someone opens their big mouth and the target gets wind of it and manipulates the voters somehow...this would wreck havoc on the one of the 5 that opens their mouth.

With so many pictures of Caleb this week in the press images, I just cannot shake him as the boot target, despite the plan to dethrone King Aras. Could Caleb be in jeopardy this week? Or, will the plan to dethrone Aras really come to fruition?

*OR, will Caleb find the HII this week and therefore earn more pics in the press images?

The clue could refer to Vytas as well. If he gets wind of the plot to dethrone Aras, will he be in the outs? I would think that they should NOT tell Vytas of the plan, but it sounds as if someone does? Of course Vytas would tell Aras about it, wouldn't he?

ETA: After all of the spec above, I now firmly believe this...The "potentially game-changing blindside at TC" would leave Vytas on the outs. This statement proclaims that there will be a blindside at TC, and that it's potentially game-changing. Leaving his loved one on the outs. Clearly, this is about Aras and Vytas, imo. So, Vytas has proven to be quite scrappy...will he reunite with his Tadhana buddies, or will he join forces with the nuGalang's in opposition to those that booted his brother? I suppose that is the real question.

3. the hidden immunity idol falls into the hands of an unlikely castaway

Who would be "an unlikely castaway?" Someone who is irrelevant at this point and staying under the radar? Katie? Cierra? Hayden? Caleb? Monica? (There are an awful lot of pics of Monica in the press images as well...makes me wonder)

Would Tyson, Gervase, Vytas, Aras, Tina be considered "unlikely"?

Or, could the winner of the RI challenge be given a clue, or the HII itself? But, would that be an "unlikely" castaway to get it?

Alot to speculate about!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-04-13 at 01:17 PM

>Only problem is the verbage in
>this clue, "potentially game-changing blindside
>at TC", makes it sound
>like the attempt to blindside
>will fall short and the
>target of the blindside will
>find out. So, if it
>falls short, why? Most likely
>someone opens their big mouth
>and the target gets wind
>of it and manipulates the
>voters somehow...this would wreck havoc
>on the one of the
>5 that opens their mouth.

I read it as that there IS a blindside, but the "potentially" bit relates to whether it is game-changing or not. If it was related to the blindside, it'd be typed as a "potential blindside"

At this point, I don't think there are any "expected" boots and they're all basically going to be blindsides as there are no obvious stragglers. The ladies think they're tight as a group; Ciera/Laura would think they've got an in with Tyson's group; and Tyson and the boys think they're all tight with each other. Aras thinks he's in tight with the guys and Vytas would join with him. The ladies might even think that Laura M is still with them and that she'd bring Ciera over.

Either way, it can only be a blindside this week.

"EW Tease"
Posted by tribephyl on 11-02-13 at 02:20 AM
EW: Okay, looks like we have a merge and someone getting back into the game next week. Tease us up!
PROBST: You just did. Redemption Island — winner is back in the game and the losers are out for good.
I love this point in the game because the player who returns to the game often dictates which way the game will tilt.
Do they become a swing vote? Do they re-enter a former alliance?
Or are they a quick vote out and sent right back from where they came?
It’s on, baby.

"RE: EW Tease"
Posted by Flowerpower on 11-04-13 at 08:28 AM
the player who returns to the game often dictates which way the game will tilt.

Now that we have vidcap confirmation that it is indeed Laura M that returns to the game, we can speculate that Aras is a marked man. There was an entire episode with Laura M literally "kissing" up to her best buddy, Aras, and we know that Laura is a smart cookie. No doubt that Laura M will cast a vote for her own redemption against King Aras. The question is, will her story then be complete? Time will tell.

Posted by michel on 11-05-13 at 06:07 PM
"...and the hidden immunity idol falls into the hands of an unlikely castaway."

I know I wrote that editing made me think Tyson finds the idol and he would be somewhat unlikely since he hasn't read the clues but there is an even more unlikely candidate: Monica. She burned all the clues but we do see her looking quite happy at the waterfall. We know the idol is on the way to fresh water so she could find it without a clue...or maybe Brad whispered what he knew in her ear at RI arena.

Another possibility is Laura Morrett. John could have told her about the clue because he'd have nothing to fear from her. All she could do would be screw over the people that voted against Candice and him.

Posted by bbaper on 11-05-13 at 06:51 PM
I thought the unlikely one would be Ciera. Laura M will realize merge is coming and want to give her the clue. In essence also giving it to herself.

Posted by michel on 11-05-13 at 10:29 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-05-13 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

It depends on when the "Unlikely" applies. If we see Ciera getting a clue then she is no longer unlikely to find it. But if they mean unlikely for us now, before the episode starts, then yes, it could be Ciera.