URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8103
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S27: Ep4. Title, Teases and Tweets: "One Armed Dude and Three Moms""

Posted by tribephyl on 10-03-13 at 11:13 PM
For the first time ever, a Redemption Island battle pits husband against wife. In another series first, a castaway refuses to accept an immunity clue and a shocking blindside at tribal sends another castaway home, on SURVIVOR: BLOOD VS. WATER, Wednesday, Oct. 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

PROBST EW.COM TEASE - EW: Looks like Brad Culpepper is in for another tough time at Redemption Island arena next week. Tease us up, Probst!
PROBST: Brad Culpepper is going to be in for tough times for as long as he is in the game. He asks for it. He can’t help it. I like Brad and I like Monica too – I find them very fun to be around — but Brad brings it on because he is just a very big personality.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S27: Ep4. Title, Teases and Tweets: "One Armed Dude and Three Moms""
Posted by tribephyl on 10-04-13 at 02:41 AM
For the first time ever, a Redemption Island battle pits husband against wife.
From the wording it's clear that they don't take 1st and 2nd place. To me it sounds as if Marissa comes in first and 1 of the Codys goes home. Nothing to take away from Candace but I'm thinking that John will try not to win. So he doesn't suffer any more guilt for keeping her there in the first place.

In another series first, a castaway refuses to accept an immunity clue
So, with Marissa winning the clue, would she give it to Gervase?
Would he turn it down?
Who does she decide to give it to if her first choice turns it down? Does she get another option?
I'm thinking she might choose Tyson both because of Rachel's boot and of his hurt shoulder.

The title... One Armed Dude and Three Moms
Sounds like sour grapes from a bitter newbie, tired of losing to Tyson, Tina and the Lauras. As in, I'm tired of losing to a one-armed dude and three moms.

which leads into...
a shocking blindside at tribal sends another castaway home
Blindside at tribal means really only one thing. Another guy, from Tadhana, is going home. Most likely the leader. The one whom thinks he is in control but really has been all along chipping away at tribal strength while simultaneously eroding any feelings of trust with alliance members. Hmmm... I wonder who that is?

Posted by Estee on 10-04-13 at 08:44 AM
Yeah, they're really making us work for it this week.

What amuses me most is the refusal of the idol clue. It's possible this one was handed over to try and plant a target and the receiver was aware of it -- but it's just as much fun to imagine "STOP HELPING ME!" And it also says something very dark about the single-edged sword which the hidden idol has become. The players have realized they're generally the only ones getting cut -- from the game. When you'd officially rather play without protection than with, something has gone wrong.

Posted by dabo on 10-04-13 at 11:26 AM
Refusing to take the clue could backfire, upset others in the tribe. The bolder move would be to take it and share it with the entire tribe.

Posted by Estee on 10-04-13 at 12:31 PM
And sharing will backfire the instant That One Contestant Everyone Wanted To Get Rid Of has production lead them to finds the idol. If Colton was still around, you just know he'd get it. Possibly through tripping. Or he could have yawned with disdain and had it fall in his mouth. Happens all the time.

When having Immunity hurts more than it helps, then Immunity is broken.

Posted by suzzee on 10-05-13 at 08:02 AM
Ultimate Immunity Idol insult would be that the person who finds it turns around and chucks it into the fire at TC. It seems that finding (or getting clues)to the II prior to the merge spells instant exit this season.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-06-13 at 04:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-13 AT 05:09 AM (EST)

They already had this figured out in Gabon, over 10 seasons ago.
Everyone was fearful of looking for the idol because they'd be targeted. So Marcus suggested they all find the idol and throw it in the ocean. Then they did just that. (And then Marcus got booted.)
I had hoped from that moment forward that everyone involved would have learned their lesson. But which lesson is that?

Posted by michel on 10-06-13 at 01:25 PM
That's the only thing to do so I wonder who can be dumb enough not to think of it.

Posted by michel on 10-06-13 at 01:28 PM
I think that just being in the challenge together is enough for SeeBS to promote the husband-wife battle. I don't think it says anything about Marissa winning. She's been quite inept up to now.

Posted by byoffer on 10-06-13 at 05:48 PM
From the clues, I think one of the Cody's could still win the challenge. Then they would have to give the immunity idol clue to someone. Would they dare give it to Culpepper to put a target on him? Target yes, but I don't think they would give him any advantage in the game.

I don't think they have any buddies out there (wasn't it noted that Candice was chosen as first boot because she was least known by the returnees?).

Did John make any buddies in his days in the game? Turns out not Culpepper. Hayden? Caleb? Vytas? We sure didn't see it. Would any of these guys pass on the clue?

Tough one this week!

Posted by suzzee on 10-07-13 at 10:37 AM
I could see Vytas turning it down. He seems to be the one using a brain out there, it would also add to his "villain" persona.

I should be watched....closely.

Posted by Sheldor on 10-04-13 at 03:48 PM
Here is the photo from the CBS Press Express site for this Episode's Press Release at:
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor-blood-vs-water/releases/view?id=36863

Posted by suzzee on 10-05-13 at 08:07 AM
Tadhana looks like a room of middle schoolers after the teacher left the room. It does look like this puzzle may take some time to complete and it's hard to tell who's ahead at this point. I assume this was done before but I don't remember it.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-06-13 at 05:05 AM
The challenge is a OneWorld replay. Jay Byars won.
Nothing against Jay Byars... but he sure is pretty.

Posted by suzzee on 10-07-13 at 10:37 AM
I'll say.