URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8077
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S27 Preseason Spoiling Thread - The Over-40 Curse"

Posted by Georjanna on 06-03-13 at 09:14 AM
So ...

If I click on the "View All" option for the thread, I'm only able to scroll to Post #40. And I can't access any individual post in its Table of Contents.

If I click on the thread's title only, I can access each individual post via its Table of Contents, but that's it: one post - at a time - viewing only. No scrolling.

I know that rachelOH63 has had the same issue (see Post #73 in the thread), but I haven't been able to locate any advice she might have received.

Help! ...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S27 Preseason Spoiling Thread - The Over-40 Curse"
Posted by dabo on 06-03-13 at 10:30 AM
I sent her a PM about this. This also came up in discussion on the Help forum:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/460.shtml

Basically, we need a mod to show up and do an edit on that post. Or delete it if there is absolutely no other remedy.

Rachel also mention in post #73 in that thread that she used brackets in that post #40 but was unaware that brackets are used here for HTML coding.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=8068&forum=DCForumID2&omm=73

Posted by Sheldor on 06-03-13 at 11:22 AM
Ah, I had seen the complaints but I didn't see the problem. Turns out I didn't see the problem because I'm using Firefox (21.0).

I tried switching to Internet Explorer (7.0) and then I see this issue!

I also tried Chrome (27.0) and it works in Chrome the same as it works in Firefox.

Seems like the easiest solution is to get rachelOH63 to use Firefox or Chrome to edit her post #40 and remove the brackets.

Posted by dabo on 06-03-13 at 11:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 06-03-13 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

The deadline for her to edit her post that way has expired.

ETA

You can only edit message within 20000 minutes after your initial post.

Posted by Sheldor on 06-04-13 at 11:52 AM
Only 20,000 minutes? That's 13.8 days or LESS than 2 weeks!

Well couldn't Rachel use another browser and click the "Remove" button or is that limited to moderator/admin as well or also has a time limit?

Posted by dabo on 06-04-13 at 12:10 PM
Click remove on one of your own posts and you get the message

You must be an adminitrator or the moderator

of this forum to use this program.

Where are our "adminitrators" when we need them?

Posted by Georjanna on 06-05-13 at 01:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-13 AT 01:31 PM (EST)

Dabo ...

Sneaky, that! Hiding the discussion of problems in, of all places, the Help Forum ...

But now that I know that there is no quick fix out there, I'm pretty sure that I'll live until Tribe posts the bestest solution to yet another of our dilemmas not of his making: in this case, a brand spanking new (and improved) thread will certainly do the trick.

And Rachel ...

I lost track a long time ago of the number of threads that I have demolished with cockeyed HTML code. Also, it is certainly not your fault that I am too technically challenged to have ever installed a second (or third) browser on my computer. So, I'm very grateful that I ran across your Post #73 before I made any ill-advised attempt to solve the problem on my own.

Thank you all,

Posted by rachelOH63 on 06-03-13 at 11:24 PM
Oh.
I saw the subject line "S27 Preseason Spoiling Thread - The Over-40 Curse" and thought it was about some "curse" for people over the age of 40 in the game of Survivor....
And then I realized it was all about ME! UGH!
I'm Sorry! I'm gonna get kicked out of here!
(I've emailed the website...asking them to delete my post #40.
I don't know how to get in touch with a mod... I'll keep looking).
Thank you!
Rach

Posted by dabo on 06-04-13 at 00:21 AM
It was an honest mistake not an intentional effort to screw things up, you have nothing to cry about. While I hope a fix will eventually be made, I do not want a you, a forthright contributer to this site, to be vilified for it.

It is the off season, basically, and maybe in time a mod will come along and make a fix. I blame the mods for taking a break. I alerted them the first day the problem occured, they did nothing to fix it then or since.

Mistakes happen. You are a valuable member of this community, do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

Posted by kingfish on 06-04-13 at 10:19 AM
Aw come on, vilifying is so much fun, can’t we do it, just this once?

(No worries Rachel, we have all slipped in the mud, me more than once. Or twice. Or, well, let's just keep it at twice.)

Posted by tribephyl on 06-04-13 at 00:30 AM
No worries, darlin'!
Now you know.
square brackets are for html, not for enclosing thoughts.

By the time threads get 100 messages + they get a little unwieldy and tangental anyways. I'm thinking of opening up a brand NEW Thread soon.

The New one will begin with a bulletlist of all that's come to surface so far. Cast, Redemption and weather, etc. (with a special nod to the prophecies for the demise of the oldsters.)

Posted by suzzee on 06-05-13 at 01:58 PM
You make me swoon when you get all organizational...

Thanks sweetie! You brite up my world

Posted by Sheldor on 06-06-13 at 12:55 PM
Ok, I replied to rachelOH63's post #40 with my post #95. Here's a link to my post:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/8068.shtml#95

By inserting a HTML end comment "</comment>" tag in my reply (using brackets) it makes Internet Explorer stop considering the rest of the code as one LONG comment. Note: The begin "<comment>" HTML tag is ignored by other browsers. So in Internet Explorer my post #95 is merged with rachelOH63's post #40. The replies between #40 and #95 (#47 michel, #49 dabo, #50 Round Robin, #51 chemig521, and #60 michel) are invisible as they are still comments in Internet Explorer so I copy and pasted them into my post.

I believe in Internet Explorer you all should now be able to see past rachelOH63's post #40.