URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8070
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #13 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 05-08-13 at 07:07 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode on this thread until midnight, by which time the West Coast will have recovered from the outbreak of totally unexpected family visits which are sweeping the continent. They eat your food. They empty out the drinks and put the containers back for you to discover later. They criticize your appearance, your work, your choice in friends, and do their best to destroy all three. And sometimes they even get you voted out.

Compared to everything else, getting you voted out is a mercy.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #13 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-08-13 at 08:06 PM
Erik not looking good at all. So darn skinny!

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #13 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Estee on 05-08-13 at 08:13 PM
I'm starting to wonder about his metabolism. Maybe he never dropped into the lower starvation gear.

"Previously on Survivor"
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-08-13 at 08:06 PM
One amigo left, but a majority alliance began to target each other...Andrea, and with an iodl in her pocket she was the first of the 6 to be voted out....6 are left...

Enil Edam...

See Erik...wakes up...then Sherrie, Eddie starts the fire, Eddie says that the last TC Andrea is gone with the HII, all the chicks I go after leave, I am a sitting duck for the next TC...Eddie talks to Cochran, if you win Immunity who would be next....Eddie tells him you....the group would go for you...Cochran is looking at himself, can I get to the end of this game or do I have an expiration date

See Dawn and Brenday, and Brenda wants Cochran out...Erik and brenda will work with dawn....but Dawn in confessional says should I go with Brenda and Erik but then I wouldn't be loyal to Cochran....it's a game worth a million...

Cochran and Dawn tell Erik it's his 70th days, in conf Erik says I should be happy and content but this is the hardest day yet, I have to have food, I feel like I am in prison, I am trapped here, there is nothing to be said, nothing to be done, it's a beautiful prison, these days are killing me...it's so annoying to see coconuts up in the tree, I am so hungry for those coconuts...I think I can climb it, I am super hungry and these coconuts have been laughing at me....I could fall out of the tree and break my leg...no one would judge me...I am defeating my self right now...and that scares me, that's not what I want to do...he's near tears....god, are they all losing their minds in this season?

"Erik is losing it."
Posted by Estee on 05-08-13 at 08:07 PM
Dawn promptly grabs it, claims it was hers all along, and throws a fit whenever anyone tries to get a better look at it.

Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 08:07 PM
Crazy Lady Time!

Eddie makes fire, Cochran worries about his expiration date, New Dawn wants to make a big move, Erik goes cuckoo for coconuts.

"I shall find the hardest to get food"
Posted by Snidget on 05-08-13 at 08:08 PM
on the tallest tree in all the land.

"RE: I shall find the hardest to get food"
Posted by Bebo on 05-08-13 at 08:29 PM
when I am hungry and losing strength.

"Post Intro...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-08-13 at 08:21 PM
Erik complains that he's losing it and feels like he's in prison and he's starving....going for an incredibly high coconut tree...climbing, now worried about breaking his leg...whatever!

Day 35...good job Erik...must have gotten a coconut...no more, they don't want him to go any higher...Tree mail, and there is a sprint message....Eddie got it!

Dawn is crying and grabbing Brenda,...sprint equals love....hey brenda, it's daddy, we miss you soo so so very much...Brenda: The one who I love th emost I will get to hug

Dawn's husband, talks about his 20th anniversary

Sherri: husband, kids are doing great
Cochran's mom...he's crying...use alot of sun screen...
Eddie's dad, tears in his eyes...God gave me the opportunity to be your dad
Erik's brother Richard...hope you are doing well....Erik says I was at the end of my rope, but now I am 100%, after seeing my brothers video....don't want to go home with nothing!

Come on in guys....Jiffy and reward

Eric gives back the sprint phone...see Dawn...after 35 days ver;y few things can rival the loved ones, see Brenda and her dad, they hug and she cries!

You gave me the best advice you told me to be humble....Jiffy cries...says 26 seasons I have never cried but you got me!

Erik, you ready for some love, here's your brother Richard...you are bigger than me!

Sherrie's husband Jerri....criying, I'm so proud of you!, I just want you to hold me!

Arlene, Cochran's mom, crying ....they hug, I'm so proud of you! Sorry I smell!

Eddie's pop Ed....OMG, your e the skinniest man alive, that's a hug right there!
Dawn, is there anybody other than your husband, Dave, they cry....Dawn is gasping, are the kids ok, all the kids are great....

Challenge, going to compete with your loved ones, spin in circles unscrewing rails, and toss 3 bolos on rails, win go back to camp, set up a floating backyard bar-b-cue, beer, apple pie, burgers....

Go...race to unscrew the poles...only as fast as your slowest member...Erick is flying, mom is getting dizzy....Erik and Brenda are winning, now Ed and Eddie...everyone is compensating for their loved one, Jeff tells Arlene she is slowing down...Brenda's dad falls down, welcome to Survivor....Arlene is about to turn 60, Jiffy tells her she looks good!

Erik has his knots free....Erik gets one bolo, now Brenda and Sherri are trying, Brenda tossing and has one, Sherri and Jarod have their first, Dawn has one, Sherri has second, Brenda has her second, Dawn has her second....Brenda' s dad wins the reward...Dawn says that you did so good...Brenda will take her dad, and she chooses one other to join her, she picks Dawn...and she hugs Brenda, and Jiffy says here's another sprint phone....your second loved ones are here for all of them! ,Cochran's dad, Sherri's oldest son....Erik's other brother, Eddie's mom, Dawn's best friend, Brenda's sister....can choose one other survivor and their loved one, or give up your love and Dawn's love, and the remaining 4 others will get to take their loved ones and enjoy the bar-b-cue!

"RE: Post Intro...."
Posted by chemig521 on 05-08-13 at 08:28 PM
Now we see why the emphasis on Brenda's humility.

Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 08:22 PM
And Brenda wins the evil twist.

Posted by michel on 05-08-13 at 09:08 PM
I've been saying it for years: NEVER WIN INDIVIDUAL REWARD! They don't get it...

"Brenda's Trope For The Day."
Posted by Estee on 05-08-13 at 08:23 PM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SadisticChoice

"RE: Brenda's Trope For The Day."
Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 10:15 PM
•Cynical types in the American Politics claim the two-party system is essentially this.

Posted by Estee on 05-08-13 at 08:29 PM
It's official: I can't look at Dawn crying without having to resist the urge to laugh. Her expressions are just too far over the top and keep sending any chance of empathy with them.

There she goes again. Don't you feel so much better by comparison? And now she will move everything in the world to get rid of Brenda, because Brenda cost her the lvue...

(Sherri! You're being human! Stop it!)

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-08-13 at 08:30 PM
Dawn is acting so ugly!

Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 08:34 PM
Had to especially suck being able to see and hear all the others having fun and laughing and eating.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-08-13 at 08:57 PM
True

"Post Reward Challenge....Brenda hard decisions..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-08-13 at 08:31 PM
Brenda has the decision, and Dawn is BAWLING....of course I am going to give it to them, her dad says it's ok....Dawn is bawling....loser!

Brenda and Dawn need to say good bye to their loved ones....they are all hugging Brenda, and Dawn is a freaking out....

Cochran...recalls sitting watching survivor all these years, and loving it with my mom, can't beat it....see Eddie and his mom and dad, Mom wants to fatten him up, Sheri and her son and husband, she loves him so much...she held him close, Cochran's dad and mom, Erik and his 2 brothers....Cochran has his dad, he's a neurologist with sun glasses and he's working the grill, since when are we doing that dad?! See Sherri's son take pictures with the sprint phone. See Brenda and Dawn at camp...Erik makes the heart sign and Dawn is still crying and mad now....bitter....crying all day, she's exhausted, hungry the game is breaking her down, beyond rational thinking...they all thank Brenda...Dawn earned all the good favor, and now I am so mad I could SPIT. Brenda says just let it all out, Dawn is so mad, I just want to eat, I don't even have a coconut, it's day 35...Brenda says don't lose hope, 4 days from now we will have big smiles...Dawn leaves and says that she will be back in a few moments.

Brenda says that Dawn is livid and pissed off and mad...The rest of the tribe is bring stuff back for them...Brenda notes the double edged sword...it could be I will never vote out brenda or boom, I'm out, blindside.

Cochran is in conf says that his mom whispered Brenda is going to win this game. Cochran says likeability is a liability....

"RE: Post Reward Challenge....Brenda hard decisions..."
Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-08-13 at 08:34 PM
Gotta hand it to Cochran he is keeping his head in the game. He is the only one besides Brenda who is staying cool and collected.

"RE: Post Reward Challenge....Brenda hard decisions..."
Posted by michel on 05-08-13 at 09:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-13 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

Brenda' had her own breakdown earlier

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-08-13 at 08:41 PM
Dawn tries to strike a deal with Brenda but Brenda says no and Dawn wins immunity anyway. Brenda later admits that she let Dawn win it.

Posted by byoffer on 05-08-13 at 08:45 PM
yes, despite whatever leg injury Brenda seemed to have early in the season, she is certainly showing to be very good in the individual immunity challenges.

In addition to the likability, she should be seen as a challenge threat for the final.

Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 08:42 PM
The overhand grip wins immunity!

"Post Reward "
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-08-13 at 08:42 PM
Dawn is a basket case and is very angry and hungry and sleep deprived, she's a mess! And, poor Brenda will pay the price....Day 36...IC

Come on in, guys! Show Eddie smiling as he walks in. Erik hands back the necklace...stand on a ledge over water while holding on to a bar...attached to a wench, turn it and they lean out farther until it's too hard to bear and fall in the water, last one standing, wins....Survivor is getting to be more of a torture contest...who can withstand it the longest.

Eddie gets the conf: my turn to go home if I don't win...

Erik says this already sucks, Erik asks about any food that he wants to tempt them with?

Jiffy turns the wheel to start the torture...everybody feeling it now, Cochran starting to slip, he wants to win it....if Eddie wins it it will be a pretty stressful day at camp....and Cochran is out first.

Lowers the bar, so they lean more...25 minutes....Eddie is really struggling and trying to hang in there....and he falls in! Surprise!

Erik next drops out, leaving all of the women remaining...Sherri struggling and slippin in...Dawn and Brenda are left. Dawn says she wants to win the immunity, she hasn't won one and would like to...Dawn says let me have the experience of winning a challenge and let's just get Eddie out....Jiffy turns the wheel more, the 2 women that did not spend time with their loved ones battle it out, and Brenda falls and Dawn wins! She and Brenda hug...for the first time in her survivor career, she has immunity....a spot in the final five...one of you is going home tonight!

Dawn, the loser wins...Brenda didn't want to give up, if it was Eddie, I would have held on alot longer, if it was anyone but dawn up there, I would have! It's all good...says Brenda...famous last words!

"RE: Post Reward "
Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 08:44 PM
What will Brenda give up next!

"RE: Post Reward "
Posted by Estee on 05-08-13 at 09:03 PM
From all evidence, her respect for three of the others, the contents of her tear ducts, and a million dollars.

"Jurors"
Posted by byoffer on 05-08-13 at 08:50 PM
I notice that Reynold has lost the mustache. Anyone else think that might be because hottie Andrea showed up at Ponderosa?

"Post IC, Pre-TC drama..."
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-08-13 at 08:54 PM
See a school of fish and the dolphin ...Day 36, they arrive at camp...Brenda says that the whole goal was to prevent Eddie from winning immunity...Eddie will go home tonight, then next it will be Cochran...

Dawn and Brenda and Eirk talking...straight forward Eddie will go. Cochran wants Brenda to go...problem is that everyone really wants Eddie to go...Cochran and Sherri are talking, and Sherri says let's blindside Brenda now...she could go on a winning streak, she's a big threat, she hasn't betrayed anyone, she can win immunity...Dawn says what about Eddie...do you think him staying in the game will be a big threat, asks Cochran. Dawn tells Cochran that Brenda says Cochran next...

Dawn says we take Eddie out tonight and then deal with this tomorrow, same thing...Cochran wants her out now because it's so easy to get her out now, she could win it, and i want to take out the biggest strategic threats, and she is one...Dawn doesn't want to let Cochran control things, last time he did and I went home, I am really confused! (that's an understatement!)

Jury at TC arrive: Eddie smiles at Andrea!

Dawn, wearing the IN finally, how does it feel, it's great I am safe a feeling of I did that, it's like a bucket list thing...Brenda how does it feel, it's ok because it was Dawn...so Eddie, you felt the pressure as you have since day one, that you needed to win...I have packed my bags...my one amigo fuse has run short.

Brenda, won the loved ones challenge and faced with a big delimma...it was a no brainer it was hard and easy at the same time? Does a gesture from Brenda buy her life in this game, and they all agree that it does...Sherri says yes, we could n't do any thing to her tonight.

Cochran says the easy vote isn't always the right vote
Eddie says that he thinks this is the final send off, he's had the best time here! Dawn is not going home, Eddie is sure he IS going home! Cochran is first voter...

Brenda votes Eddie, Dawn is last voter!

Vote tally:

no HII played...it's raining...

Eddie
Eddie
Eirk
Brenda
Brenda
Brenda!

She says that she knew it, I was honest with uyou guys, I was genuine with you guys...she says that she knew it...she says that "it hurts", and she is crying....and Dawn is smiling, and so is Eddie....Malcolm was loving it!

"RE: Post IC, Pre-TC drama..."
Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 08:55 PM
And there goes Her Serenity.

Posted by byoffer on 05-08-13 at 09:00 PM
The votes:
Brenda and Eric votes for Eddie
Eddie voted for Eric
Dawn, Cochran and Sherry voted for Brenda

So D/C/S felt strong enough with their 3 votes (trusted each other) that they didn't even try to get Eddie's vote for security.

Posted by michel on 05-08-13 at 09:15 PM
...or Erik's

Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 09:18 PM
Dawn knew that Brenda and Erik were plotting the Cochran blindside together. Shame they went to Dawn, Sherri would have probably jumped at the chance to be in on a big blindside.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-08-13 at 09:58 PM
>See a school of fish and
>the dolphin

Yes, the animal imagery repeats again. The school of fish has obviously been the majority alliance following each others's lead and swimming together for most of the game. I've felt from their first appearance that the paid of dolphins were Dawn and Cochran.

Ignoring baby sourced spoilers, does anyone else get the feeling that part of the reason we haven't heard much from Brenda all season is that the editors didn't want us to empathize with her and feel betrayed tonight. Playing an honest an humble game, could have gotten Brenda a Yau Man edit. If viewers believed she had been as betrayed by Dawn as Yau Man was by Dreams, she would have a great shot at beating Malcolm for Fan Favorite. Looking at the competition, I think Malcolm is the best bet to win there.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-08-13 at 08:58 PM
I wonder if one of the 3 tipped Eddie into voting Erik so it wouldn't be a tie...

Posted by Bebo on 05-08-13 at 09:03 PM
Even if it had been a tie, it wouldn't have mattered. Brender n Eddie wouldn't have voted in the revote, which would have gone 3-1 against Brenda. She was toast either way.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-08-13 at 09:04 PM
Yes and not to mention that they already knew that Eddie couldn't vote for himself so they had a 3-2-1 or 4-2 vote if he happened to pick Brenda. Adter I posted I thought about it and they didn't need to tip him off.

Posted by michel on 05-08-13 at 09:17 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-13 AT 09:18 PM (EST)

Eddie had voted for Erik last week to send him a message so it was a good bet he'd do it again. That or vote Sherri for Reynold.They even said they only needed 3 votes.

"Next time on Survivor:"
Posted by Flowerpower on 05-08-13 at 08:58 PM
Final Five: Dawn, Cochroach, Erik, Eddie, and Sherri

Next time on Survivor:

With only 3 days left, the final five put it all on the line until one survivor goes down, (Cochran says that it is his game to lose), this game just got rocked again, says Jiffy...

Brenda is crying...I am in shock, the reason it hurts so much is that I didn't lie to people and I was so true to Dawn...

"RE: Next time on Survivor:"
Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 09:01 PM
Night time Jiffy, bad sign.

"Jury votes"
Posted by Bebo on 05-08-13 at 09:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-08-13 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

So looking at the jury...

Dawn is a great person to take to the Final 3. She thinks she'll be respected for her strategy, they'll just see her as the big crybaby. Brenda wouldn't vote for her no matter what.

Sherri is a great person to take to the Final 3. She ticked off the 3 Amigos when she told them "Payback's a bitch." They would love to prove that to her. She has been useless in challenges and hung on like a parasite. She wouldn't even get any votes - she insulted the fans and will be written off as unworthy by every fave. None of them would want to say they lost to her.

Eddie's got 4 votes locked up - Michael, Malcolm, Reynold, and Brenda. Brenda was so hurt by the three who voted her out that she would vote against all of them if given the chance. Andrea may vote for him too. Under no circumstances can anyone want to be in the F3 with him.

Erik's been a wildcard. He'd have a hard time convincing a jury that he had any sort of strategy. His only chance would be to go to F3 with Sherri and Dawn - because he would be the least of the evils.

Cochran - He's been in the majority alliance for the entire game. He's won 2 individual immunity challenges. He's right now got an alliance of 3 with the 2 most useless players left, whom he would beat in a landslide. As Brenda's conversations showed, he is the most dangerous place. If he's in the F3, he'll win for sure against everyone but Eddie.

Edited to fix speling

"RE: Jury votes"
Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 09:23 PM
Michael is Sherri's only friend on the jury; but I doubt he'd throw away his vote on her even though he would really like a Fan win, no one else is likely to give her a vote (except perhaps Brenda). Eddie would have a good chance of winning or being the runner-up, either way it's good.

"RE: Jury votes"
Posted by byoffer on 05-08-13 at 10:24 PM
Eddie would certainly have Andrea's vote. She all but jumped up and gave him a kiss when he was going to vote tonight.

"The Invisible Edit"
Posted by michel on 05-08-13 at 09:27 PM
This was one of the cruelest votes ever and Brenda's reaction reflected it. I'd say the invisible edit she received was to diminish any connection the viewers had to her to avoid outcries of immorality. This is a heartless game and we've had enough heartless events in then real world lately that many could be turned off.

"RE: The Invisible Edit"
Posted by dabo on 05-08-13 at 10:21 PM
That was quite possibly the most cruel boot in Survivor history.

Erik probably has nightmares now remembering when he was booted in FvF1.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-09-13 at 05:08 AM
>This was one of the cruelest
>votes ever and Brenda's reaction
>reflected it. I'd say the
>invisible edit she received was
>to diminish any connection the
>viewers had to her to
>avoid outcries of immorality.

I had tried to post something from my tablet last night about Brenda's edit, but it didn't go through. The emphasis last night on Brenda's humility in the game really highlighted her attempt to play an honest, humble game. The editors could easily have given her a Yau Man edit and viewers would have been at least as outraged at her treatment as they were when Dreamz went back on his promise to Yau Man after receiving the truck. (I think Yau Man had something like 85% of the Fan Favorite vote that season.)

But, is the cruelty more in what was done or was it seen in light of Brenda's heart-broken response and the timing? Brenda's humble, giving nature in this game are commendable, but is that the reason to hand someone a million dollars? While her humility stands in stark contrast to Corinne and Andrea's hubris before their blindsides, we have to keep in mind that she was just as strategically in this game as those who eliminated her. While she probably would have remained loyal to Dawn based on her promise after retrieving Dawn's retainer, she was gunning for Cochran on the next vote. It is heartbreaking that she was eliminated right after making such a self-less sacrifice, but as Cochran's mother pointed out, it was a potentially game winning move. Brenda has been the biggest recent challenge threat, so postponing a vote on her would have meant Cochran risked her winning immunity and his ability to lock down two of the three other players votes at F5. Not great odds. Brenda has been one of the emotionally fragile three in the past few episodes. It was heart wrenching to see how upset and personally betrayed she was feeling. I can't feel bad about Cochran and Sherrie making a strategic decision to boot her,especially when she was already making her plans to blindside one of them out of strategy. It was just horrible timing. But delaying the decision could have been a moment of strategic weakness that could have potentially cost one of them the game. Given Brenda's close emotional connection to Dawn, it is easy to see this as much more of a personal betrayal. In light of the experiences they shared it comes off as much more cruel and will probably cost Dawn the game.

IT also sets Brenda up as the bitter juror who gives some type of Sue Hawk speech while railing at the finalists. But these responses always trouble me. Survival instinct in the end game is always remove the biggest threat. Is Brenda's argument that she should not have been blindsided the fact that she was selfless and giving, making her a better person, more deserving of the win? I think you just have to ask Coby Donaldson and Lil about what happens when victory is within your grasp and you send the "better person" to the finals.

Posted by michel on 05-09-13 at 07:33 AM
I've been saying for a long time that a reason for an invisible edit is to avoid making a likable character out of someone that was going to be eliminated by the eventual winner. Here, I don't think it was done to protect either Dawn or Cochran as much as to protect the game itself. Survivor is an evil, heartless game and there's been a lot of that running around in the real world lately. While we enjoy the game this move would have been too much for many if we had connected with Brenda from the start.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-09-13 at 09:00 AM
You are right, michel, and, as always, looking at the editing "big picture". I agree with you 100%. My comments tried to look at the betrayal aspect from Brenda's point of view as we go to the finals as well as how humanizing her earlier might have taken something away from what looks o be a Cochran or Dawn win. I do think that over reaching everything in the edit is the mission to keep Survivor "viable" in these difficult times. I have thought from the first time they appeared that the two dolphins swimming together juxtaposed with the group minded school of fish have always been Dawn and Cochran going to the end together. The lack of focus on Brenda gives us a clearcut underdog victory if gawky little Cochran has come back from his first season to triumph now.

I think that Dawn's comment along the lines of acting and not allowing others action to determine her fate will prove prophetic when the final votes are tallied. I don't know what comments we weren't shown from TC, but the editing showed two of the three "traitors" (Dawn and Sherrie) affirming how loved Brenda was after her decision to give up reward and that it should go far in helping her stay in the game. Only Cochran is shown saying "Sometimes the easy choice (or was it obvious?) isn't always the best one."

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-09-13 at 08:08 AM
It was a great move for Cochran and Sherri but a horrible emotional selfish move by Dawn. Dawns best move would have been to either get rid of Eddie as planned or blindside Cochran. Dawn just made herself even more appealing to take to the final 2 or 3 but she didn't increase her odds to win the game. (though yes you have to be there to have a shot to win it and maybe she thinks she could just cry as an entire reason for people to give her the million).

Posted by chemig521 on 05-09-13 at 09:06 AM
I think that she really believes that her decision to "act and not play a passive game will win her votes. As I've tried to say above, she doesn't realize the level of emotional damage she is leaving in her wake. (or how unstable she appears to others) Cochran is more self-aware as to how he is seen in the game and has played on those assumptions all along. If you are going to play cut-throat strategist, you can't leave as much collateral damage behind. With Brenda she: 1) turned her back on the "moment" they shared with the retainer, where Brenda kept her confidence and pledged her loyalty and 2) she talked highly about Brenda at TC and about how she should go further in the game. By contrast. Cochran has admitted in previous TC that they all have promised Final 3 to multip0le players and he kept his commentary neutral--about strategy, not individual;s. Dawn's betrayal will be taken much more personally than Cochran's.

Posted by NedraSue on 05-09-13 at 12:48 PM
This morning I saw on Facebook that Dawns Twitter account blew up last night with hatred. That really made me sad.

I again have watched the game for each season and I really feel that when the times comes Dawn will be able to explain her decision. Personally, if I would have been in Dawns shoes, I would have told Eddie to vote for Brenda and Dawn throw her vote away on Erik or even Cochran, just to throw one his way.

But again, she has told us how many times, she lost it last time due to not making the big moves.

Brenda...seriously, maybe she didn't do any confessionals this year, maybe she decided to zip it and just be there...we really don't know.

I do feel that when the final comments come out that Dawn will find the strength and it will be a two way commentary between her and John and it could be a toss up, right to the end...everyone except Brenda's vote.

I've always liked Dawn. I think her breakdowns have happened more in front of the confessionals and not the tribe. They have seen a few of them, but we have seen all of them.

She is playing a good game. And now that Brenda told the confessional that she let go because it was Dawn that was left standing, is even a more pissy thing to say to the cameras. If she made that decision not to hold on for 4 hours and win, she should have been voted out...without any hesitation. She was definately the biggest threat...out of the final 6.

Everyone needs to get over it...this is a game, it isn't a social party to make friends, but to win 1 million dollars. Dawn and Cochran knows this...and will pull it off.

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-09-13 at 01:17 PM
The funny thing about editing is that this same thing happened just a couple seasons ago when this cutthroat named Kimberly blindsided her pal gal Kat and hurt her feelings badly. That was lauded as great strategic game play and folks were happy that Kat got blindsided. How much is edit and how much do we even really know?

Regarding the tribe not seeing Dawn break down every day or alot they do and have seen that just watch the Ponderosa films and they show them talking about it.

Posted by NedraSue on 05-09-13 at 02:22 PM
I agree they all have mentioned her crying, but to the boy's they could have seen 3 times she broke down and determined it was all the time.

If I was there...I would eliminate the threats. Brenda had become a huge threat.

Posted by michel on 05-09-13 at 05:20 PM
There are huge differences on both sides of the knife:

- Kat was edited as a dumb player that talked too much so people were happy that she got what was coming. No one wanted to see Kat becoming the Sole Survivor. Like she said, Brenda was humble and honest. Given more visibility, many viewers would have wanted to see Brenda win.

- Kim was shown as a calm, calculating player so the viewers knew there wasn't anything other involved than a game move. Dawn is so emotional that anything she does appears to be motivated by her feelings. It will be extremely hard for Dawn to say that it wasn't personal when she poured so much of her emotions out there.

Posted by SOAR64 on 05-09-13 at 01:29 PM
Everyone has the right to their own opinion about any decisions Dawn makes during the game. That includes those who think she backstabed Brenda. I guess that it isn't so much that she voted for Brenda at tribal, but how she went about it. Dawn truly has shown that she will do anything for money. And what's with all the crying? If it's to get the jury to vote for her at final tribal, then I can understand it as part of her plan. But seriously it really gets on your nerves watching her break down and cry at the drop of a hat.
I hope she does not win the game.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-09-13 at 03:55 PM
>Everyone has the right to their
>own opinion about any decisions
>Dawn makes during the game.
>That includes those who think
>she backstabed Brenda. I guess
>that it isn't so much
>that she voted for Brenda
>at tribal, but how she
>went about it.

EXACTLY!

> Dawn truly
>has shown that she will
>do anything for money. And
>what's with all the crying?
>If it's to get the
>jury to vote for her
>at final tribal, then I
>can understand it as part
>of her plan.
>and cry at the drop
>of a hat.
>I hope she does not win
>the game.

I don't think it's for the jury. No one could sustain a ploy like that for 39 days. I think it is all based on internal conflict and anxiety/paranoia. Dawn wants to be a different Dawn this time and make big moves, but I think the "old" Dawn was more who she really is and it leads to internal conflicts and min "breakdowns" from the pressure when she contemplates the moves or executes them. And, there have been repeated references to her paranoia about being blindsided by her alliance or tricked. Andrea let Dawn carry her HII with her to TC when Andrea was protected with II because Dawn was paranoid she would be blindsided. Brenda even mentioned in this episode how if she didn't win she was glad Dawn did because of her paranoia. Dawn is a woman under great stress who has been trying to hold things together. While we can never discount the allure of $1Million, Dawn seems to be playing to prove something to herself. You can see glimmers of that when a plan of her works out (even though there are plenty of scenes of her nervousness about it) and when she won II for the first time ever. She is still living with the results of her last season when she let others determine her game and she lost. Dawn wants to win to show people that she can do it.

Posted by michel on 05-09-13 at 05:12 PM
"Brenda...seriously, maybe she didn't do any confessionals this year, maybe she decided to zip it and just be there...we really don't know."

Actually, we do know: Everyone has to make at least one confessional per cycle. If we don;t see any it's because the editors decided the player wouldn't get one. Players HAVE to give confessionals and we saw quite a few from Brenda on the insider clips.

"Everyone needs to get over it...this is a game..."

It's certainly not a "normal" game. The way they eliminated Brenda was particularly cruel. I've seen many people have trouble accepting being eliminated while playing on-line Survivor, imagine when, like Brenda, you have been preparing for a long time (maybe since her Nicaragua elimination) and you spent 35 days out there, starving and miserable. She was taking Dawn to the end, Dawn knew it but backstabbed her anyway. That can only be defined as cruel.

Posted by dabo on 05-09-13 at 05:21 PM
The shame is that it was really Cochran's decision to blindside Brenda, Sherri was glad to do it, Dawn was the most reluctant and was more worried about Eddie.

The excessive cruelty is circumstantial. It is no different from most blindsides except that Brenda had given up her reward so that the most people could enjoy it, and because she had let Dawn win that immunity out of sympathy.

Even with immunity Dawn was anxious going to TC.

Posted by Bebo on 05-09-13 at 10:01 PM
Brenda.stopped.playing. She assumed that the Eddie plan was set in stone. She forgot that when Fillup! got too complacent, he was gone. When Andrea got too complacent, she was gone. She forgot that playing a humble game wouldn't protect the cutthroat moves that happen over and over in Survivor.

Most of the people seem to be forgetting that they need to keep their eye on the prize. Sherri forgets when she spouts off at TC that she's going to need their votes at the end to win (like she taunted the Amigos, payback's a bitch). Dawn's forgotten that just because you have a necklace around your neck, you should not be smiling so widely while you put a dagger between someone's shoulder blades...especially when you spend so much of the rest of the time crying your eyes out. Eddie's has gotten so used to being at the bottom of the pole that he's staying in that position waiting to be picked off. Erik's shutting down physically which is taking him out of playing.

Then there's Cochran, who's aware that he could have an expiration date. The Cochran who listens when his mother whispers that Brenda's gonna win.

Part of me wonders if I'm even gonna watch on Sunday, since there are other shows on at the same time where I'm less sure how the fictional shows are going to end.

Posted by michel on 05-09-13 at 10:35 PM
"Brenda.stopped.playing."

That's really an oversimplification. I assure you that no one EVER stops playing. Imagine that a vote is like the bullet in a gun then each player always has a finger on the trigger and aims that gun at everyone all the time. They also see the others with their guns and know that they are targets also. It's maddening.

It's just for their own sanity that, when a plan seems in place, they relax just a bit. However, like almost everyone has ever said, you always enter TC thinking it could be you. Brenda knew it could be her but she trusted Dawn. Foolish? Maybe but Dawn's best moves would have been to eliminate first Eddie and then Cochran. Brenda had reason to think the plan was solid because it was the "best" move.

This wasn't just an ordinary blindside. This was like Dreamz taking Yau Man's truck and keeping the necklace. It was like Stephenie going on reward with Judd, telling his wife that they were good to the end and then voting him out. The difference? The audience knew that Dreamz wasn't trustworthy while they wanted Judd gone. Dawn used to be the nicest person ever while Brenda was truly honest.

PS. Phillip didn't get complacent; he faced two idols and a necklace as stoically as possible.

Posted by Bebo on 05-10-13 at 00:25 AM
>PS. Phillip didn't get complacent

He sat out an IC. That's complacent to me.

Posted by michel on 05-10-13 at 07:30 AM
You have a point there! He would never have beaten Reynold and he knew it.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 05-10-13 at 06:01 PM

>Dawn used to be the
>nicest person ever while Brenda
>was truly honest.

Honesty doesn't win in Survivor and Brenda should know that by now. And when you're dealing with a tribe of returning faves, you've got to be cold hearted and cutthroat to survive. Nice and honest won't get you far. I personally don't have a problem with taking Brenda out - she was a threat to win immunity and to get votes in a final jury and you've got to make them feel comfortable before lowering the boom. Outplay, Outwit, Outlast ... and Outlie/Outdeceive.

Posted by michel on 05-10-13 at 07:44 PM
Personally I have no problem with the move either. I would think you'd know that the evilness of this game doesn't affect me!

I was talking about the audience at large. Many of them think you can play this game with honesty and that being nice gets you the money. It was to soften the blow they would have felt that Brenda was kept invisible for the first 9 episodes or so.

Posted by dabo on 05-09-13 at 10:38 PM
Like I said on the lvoe list this week:

Get blindsided by Cochran, it is just Survivor geek playing the game, on some level he's showing you a degree of respect. Get blindsided by Dawn, it's like getting a punch in the jaw and a kick in the gut and a stab to the heart all at once.

Cochran's weakness is his social game. He's not bad to people or anything like that, he's just not a very social outgoing person, others are better at that. He's friendly but didn't set out to make friends. He wants to be respected.

I don't think new Dawn is really much different than old Dawn. South Pacific Dawn was just never in a strong position in the game. People still got to know and like her. Caramoan Dawn has been in a strong position in the game since the first Tribal. It is a very different level of stress she is experiencing this time, and it has taken a toll on her mentally and emotionally.

Posted by NedraSue on 05-10-13 at 12:41 PM
Didn't Rob do this to Grant, in the finale? He was a villian...Dawn has changed from babbling mom to villian!