URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8065
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #12 East Coast Spoiler Thread"

Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 03:30 PM
Please keep all discussion of tonight's attempt to place X contestant's worth of refuse in an X-2 container on this thread until midnight EDT, by which time we should have dismissed a pair of headaches to Future All-Star Land. Because the show has no intention of recruiting new players ever again. Why should they? They have old players. Players who are dating players. Players whose families haven't disowned them yet and so must be interesting in playing themselves. One big incestuous extended family which has reached the point of producing offspring -- so when those kids hit eighteen? Still more players! We can go for dozens of seasons without repeating anyone more than fifty times, and that's not even counting alternate personalities which emerge after drug withdrawal! We'll have an All-Supposedly-Sexy Season! The All-Villains run! All-Morons! (Yes, it's already been done.) And you thought Hantz vs. Hantz was an April Fools Day joke? Think again, suckers!

...still beats Big Brother, right?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"IC at the beginning...in the wind"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:14 PM
Eddie and Erik jumped for doughnuts. Cochran jumped for a hot dog. Others fell, we're down to 2 - Reynold fell in 3rd. Andrea has just offered a deal with Brenda and said she'll share the clue, but neither is jumping off...even though they know they're both safe.

Still perched 3 hours in.

"RE: IC at the beginning...in the wind"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:15 PM
After 3 hours, Andrea and Brenda went one-legged...Andrea wins IC and the reward...information.

"RE: IC at the beginning...in the wind"
Posted by chemig521 on 05-01-13 at 08:20 PM
Interesting interplay between Brenda and Andrea on sticking it out. Looks like Andrea increased the target on her back as far as Brenda is concerned.

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #12 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by dabo on 05-01-13 at 08:19 PM
That was a great effort on Brenda's part with that leg bothering her.

Target #1 is a clear shot.

"RE: Survivor #26: Maybe-Fans vs. Not-Favorites Episode #12 East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 08:24 PM
*watches Erik hand over Immunity to blonde*

Since when is May rerun season?

Posted by dabo on 05-01-13 at 08:29 PM
Who would fall for that!!?

Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:29 PM
Can I see his license? Right now I'm thinking he was born yesterday.

Posted by michel on 05-01-13 at 09:10 PM
It was Andrea's clue so Erik really didn't have a choice. Keeping that idol would have made him enemy number 1 and he would have had to play it. He did get a Final 3 deal out of Andrea for it which was good. The question I have is why did he vote her out?? He even said that Cochran didn't offer him F3 so he should have gone with Andrea.

Posted by dabo on 05-01-13 at 09:15 PM
It's not lvoe, he has a girlfriend.

Brenda is his only remaining ally from his original alliance, he may trust her. Andrea, who knows if he really could have trusted her. She was shooting wild at a perceived challenge threat and he had just become another one of those.

Posted by michel on 05-01-13 at 09:24 PM
Brenda and Erik were never really aligned, they simply voted together at the first vote. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that he would have been targeted if he had kept the idol with all those eyes watching. Andrea wouldn't have dared go against him after that.

Posted by dabo on 05-01-13 at 09:34 PM
I'm not disputing that handing over the HII wasn't the right thing to do, and hey guess what she didn't go after Erik when they voted out Reynold. But could he really have trusted Andrea? If she was intent on dragging Eddie the goat to Final what's to say she wasn't also intent on dragging Sherri the goat to Final.

Posted by michel on 05-01-13 at 09:55 PM
How many other Final 3 offers did Erik have though? They guy thinks he's controlling the game but he's really simply going along with the majority.

Andrea could have taken Eddie and Sherri but Eddie isn't a goat: He wins if he gets in. In Erik's place at F4 I would have told Andrea: "Eddie has Reynold, Malcolm, Michael and my vote if you boot me. You need to boot him, not me."

Posted by dabo on 05-01-13 at 10:12 PM
So at F4 he hands over victory to Andrea. Yeah, sure, real smart. On her part.

Posted by michel on 05-01-13 at 10:30 PM
At least he'd be in the F3 and there would be a lot of people angry at Andrea. How far will he go with Cochran and Dawn?

"Fillup wears his sunglasses at night."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 08:29 PM
They're a DA model called RealityVisors. Any time reality threatens to show itself, the lenses go completely dark and prevent you from having to see it.

His never clear. Ever.

"RE: Fillup wears his sunglasses at night."
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:30 PM
When you wear your sunglasses at night, no one can see you cry.

"This is a No Game Changing zone."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 08:31 PM
Any time you have Immunity and the idol together, you have open license to try a play at no risk to yourself. Andrea either failed or decided not to take the test.

"Dirty Dancing Remake"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:34 PM
After Reynold is voted out, he says I had the time of my life. I was just waiting for Baby to come out of the corner.

"A musical episode"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:38 PM
We start with "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night".
Then we move on to "I've Had the Time of My Life".
When Jiffy told the to push their buoys, I heard Salt N Pepa singing "Push it real good!"

"RE: A musical episode"
Posted by dabo on 05-01-13 at 08:43 PM
Who will Erik hand immunity over to next?

"Second IC"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:43 PM
First it's push the buoy (push it real good).
Then Madonna would say they "hold the lock and you hold the key".
Then it was time to build a Stairway to Heaven.

And Erik ends up On Top Of the World.

Look, if everyone else is quiet, I'll figure out how to entertain myself.

"We have failed."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 08:43 PM
The entire season-to-date has gone by and none of us have made a Brender-an'-Eddie joke.

"RE: We have failed."
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:49 PM
Estee, they aren't king and queen of the prom...

Posted by dabo on 05-01-13 at 09:05 PM
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.

Posted by Snidget on 05-01-13 at 09:54 PM
That's because until this week we didn't know someone named Brenda was on the show.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-01-13 at 10:12 PM
>The entire season-to-date has gone by
>and none of us have
>made a Brender-an'-Eddie joke.

I've been playing with lyrics just waiting for an opportunity with that one. Next week on Survivor:

Brenda and Eddie had had it already by the time that the tribe was at 5
From the high to the low to the end of the show
Only one would survive
Now we have to wait for the teasers
The best they can do is pick up their pieces
We always knew just one would find a way to get by
Oh and that's all I heard about Brenda and Eddie
Can't tell you more 'cause I've told you already
And there they are waving Brenda or Eddie good-bye

Posted by Arnold_Lorax2 on 05-02-13 at 09:30 AM
Very good Chemig, love it!

"Post IC"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:47 PM
Erik says that he has no moral qualms about keeping his immunity necklace this time. Then the thunder crashes and Erik looks up. Is he expecting...

a. Jor-El to tell him how to use the necklace to build a Fortress of Solitude

b. He's expecting to hear God tell him where to lead the people

c. He thinks lightning will strike him down for not having moral qualms.

"RE: Post IC"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 08:49 PM
D. Checking to see if MB had just held up a script revision page.

"Protective overkill."
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 08:52 PM
It's a Hawkeye #10 question for tomorrow, but it bears putting in here tonight: if you're a producer, why do you see the need to hand the same person two Immunities in a single challenge?

"RE: Protective overkill."
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:57 PM
Because of Erik's strategy the last time he played the game.
Because of James's collection of idols when he left the game.
Because she could have injured herself and decided she wanted to take home a souvenir.

Posted by jbug on 05-02-13 at 09:58 AM
thinking about how they just wanted to put another twist in the game, I figured they were hoping Reynold or Eddie would win the challenge, then find the HII & give to the other one.

Then I thought of a better twist.
When they have the last 2 on the outs, why not have a challenge with TWO Immunity wins!
That would be unexpected.

Posted by Chillicrab on 05-02-13 at 10:33 AM
> thinking about how they just
>wanted to put another twist
>in the game, I figured
>they were hoping Reynold or
>Eddie would win the challenge,
>then find the HII &
>give to the other one.

That did not make sense when I was watching. Think you might be right. But wait a minute. Can they do that? Change the game programming on the fly like that? Thought that there are some rules/law against that, even as far back as Season 1 with the thing about Rudy?

"TC"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:52 PM
Reynold's lip is so distracting - it looks like a giant chocolate milk mustache.

"No idol played"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:53 PM
And Cochran smiled.

"Votes"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:55 PM
After the second for Andrea, she exclaimed, "WHAT?"

Then when the killing vote was cast, she graciously accepted that she had been played.

"RE: Votes"
Posted by CTgirl on 05-02-13 at 09:23 AM
She wanted a blindside and she got a blindside!

That was the best reaction I can ever remember seeing for getting blindsided and so far we don't have a bitter jury.

Posted by Chillicrab on 05-02-13 at 09:55 AM
Very surprising. Andrea's reaction was very gracious and showed very good sportsmanship. Props to her. Quite incongruous of earlier impressions I had of her being a "mean girl" during the episode that Brandon went postal. And as Cochran pointed out, one of the few thinking brains left in the game, aggressive and strategic.
Too bad about her miscalculation, she flirted only with Eddie(strategically slotted by the editors in tonight's episode to show us that flirted her way out just as Probst said) and did not do so with Cochran.

Posted by chemig521 on 05-02-13 at 11:10 AM
Cochran may be self-aware of his social Geek status, but he is savvy enough that he would have recognized her flirtation for what it was and not taken the bait. Cochran is still playing a controlled game and is always evaluating the others' actions. As he said at tribal, he may be receiving others and knows that people in his alliance may be deceiving him. He recognized Brands and Andrea as the biggest remaining threats and realized that Andrea was the more immediate danger. He got a glimpse of her thinking when she spoke to him about taking Eddie to the end and concluded that she would most likely take Eddie and Erik to the end and win. The logical move was to go with Brenda's plan and neutralize the idol by blindsiding Andrea.

It's hard to tell where things go from here:
Cochran - Dawn is his closest ally/Brenda as the biggest threat
Dawn - emotional, ties to Brenda and Cochran
Brenda - biggest threat and parts of her game are hidden from us
Sherrie - strategy is latch on to the psycho (multiple options)
Erik - thinks he is running the game, has no cohesive strategy
Eddie - glad to still be in the game. Pretty, but clueless

Next week looks over-the-top emotional and we have multiple candidates who could crack under the pressure. It should be a pivotal and will likely be an explosive TC.

"RE: TC"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 09:01 PM
How quickly can one man grow a mustache? He must have been shaving twenty times a day with a sharpened coconut rind.

Optionally, he finally got in on the Kiss Fillup's Rear club.

"So long, Andrea Angela!"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 08:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-13 AT 08:59 PM (EST)

...and for one golden moment? She had a spare.

*slow head shake*

I swear they do this on purpose.

It was the "WHAT?!?"

"Next week"
Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 08:59 PM
"Cochran's in trouble" - Brenda to Dawn

Sherri and Dawn crying again.

Family visit time.

"RE: Next week"
Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 09:04 PM
Notice Erik had company in that last shot? Either that's from the end of the challenge (probably indicating multiple winners) or it's a Play With Your Loved One setup.

It's nice to see Sherri crying, both because it gives her an expression other than Smug Of Your Death and also just since she deserves it so...

Posted by Bebo on 05-01-13 at 09:08 PM
it's a Play With Your Loved One setup.

Then why would Erik have anyone standing near him?

That's right, I did go there.

Posted by Estee on 05-01-13 at 09:14 PM
When you have someone around who likes to spontaneously hand over his most valuable possessions, where would you be?

Posted by CTgirl on 05-01-13 at 10:03 PM
Sherri cried but her face still didn't move.

Posted by michel on 05-01-13 at 10:33 PM
At one point during the balance challenge, Jeff said: "Sherri is shaking all over..." I was hoping he'd add "...except for her face."