URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 8063
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Hidden Immunity Idol #5"

Posted by dabo on 04-26-13 at 00:15 AM
Will anyone be able to find this thing now that Malcolm, the only one who saw the clue, has been booted?

There are a couple of prospects. Andrea and Cochran caught Malcolm in the act and know he was digging at the base of a tree. They know where he was digging, and if he was correct about the water being the well they have the vicinity.

In fact the correct tree may have been one of the three they were shown walking passed to get to Malcolm and the well.

Also, of course, Malcolm may have shared what the clue said to Eddie and Reynold. (And anyone might share knowledge if only to gain favor, Eddie to Andrea, Reynold to Erik, Andrea and Cochran to whomever.)

I wish I could find a vidcap to show the clue, unfortunately Immunityidol.net hasn't updated in weeks. If anyone can find or make one that would be great.

The clue read:

On the way to the water, on your left hand side, is a large opening in the rocks, next to which grows a tree out of the rock face. It's roots extend down to the ground. There is a hidden immunity idol buried under those roots six inches underground.

There was also a drawing of the rock, which was sizeable, and the tree with a bend and the roots shown, a red arrow pointing to the spot.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Hidden Immunity Idol #5"
Posted by Sheldor on 04-26-13 at 10:28 PM
Here's a screen capture from the Reward Challenge CBS extra video showing the Hidden Immunity Idol #5 clue.

Posted by dabo on 04-26-13 at 11:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-13 AT 11:50 PM (EST)

Thanks!

http://jumpedthesnark.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/screen-shot-2013-03-01-at-5-34-27-pm.png?w=500&h=278

Posted by michel on 04-27-13 at 02:48 AM
Thanks for the screen cap. I'd have to go back but does anyone know if Malcolm was looking in the area shown in the picture. I don't think the tree where he was digging was on a rock formation. If Malcolm didn't dig in the right area then Andrea won't find it and the 2 Amigos won't either even if he told them what he remembered. I'd be happy with one less idol but you know another clue is coming.

Posted by rachelOH63 on 04-27-13 at 04:24 PM
You would assume he told Reynold and Eddie.
I assume he didn't get enough time to memorize the information. Or maybe he did and he was digging in the correct place, after all...but didn't have enough time to do it. I have heard or read how much time Malcolm was actually digging/looking for it...or if he thinks he was in the right location....

Posted by dabo on 04-27-13 at 04:30 PM
He said in one of his interviews that he'd been out there hunting a couple of hours before Andrea and Cochran showed up. His hands were sore from digging and he was ready to stop anyway.

Posted by chemig521 on 04-27-13 at 06:33 PM
Didn't he say in that interview that the Amigos had been digging in that spot for a day or two when Andrea showed up?

Posted by dabo on 04-27-13 at 06:44 PM
RTVW part 1.

I dug for a long, long time before she came down. That was like a day or maybe even two days after I had gotten the clue. So it was like very lovely television, but I had been digging for hours and hours and hours. My hands were covered in blisters and bleeding from digging with a shell next to like every tree on the left side of the well -- or whatever that note said -- and I hadn't found it. So when she came down, that was kind of the straw that broke my back sort of thing. And I kind of just thought, "Screw it. I'm going to bluff like I have it, at least that way I guarantee that I can get the split vote."

Posted by ginger0226 on 04-28-13 at 01:59 PM
In Malcom's interview with Parvati on the cbs online aftershow he said that he told Reynold the clue info. He also said that he had been looking for 2 days when Andrea starewd following him and he decided to stop looking so they could bluff that he had already found it. He flashed the wrapping from the previose idol to sell it to the rest of the tribe. He just wanted them to split the vote, so if Sherri went along with them, they would have the numbers.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-28-13 at 03:36 PM
My thoughts are that from this point forward anyone seen looking for the idol will be targeted. Andrea's act of following Malcolm into the area has set a precedent that will scare everyone else from even attempting to look for it. Reynold may be the only one to have been given the information on it's locale but I doubt Malcolm's memory to begin with and I doubt Reynold's ability to hear those clues and successfully locate it.
Doesn't sound like anyone will get a reward for the next two boots so the next possibility to receive a clue will be at F6 RC. At THAT point, would they still hand out clues to an idol that is only good for 2 more TCs? Possible but not probable.