URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 806
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"David Archuleta is a Sleestack"

Posted by KeithFan on 02-27-08 at 03:23 PM
or possibly Darth Vader- but the Anointed One and his breathing quirk bugs the heck out of me. "Imagine all the people" "sssslllleeeeee". I don't mind his singing, but for Gods sake if you're going to be a heavy breather pull the mike away from your mouth.

That is all.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Oh no!"
Posted by moonbaby on 02-27-08 at 07:48 PM
I had not noticed this but you betcha I won't be able to ignore it from here on in

"Talk about overrated!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 02-28-08 at 09:53 AM
I do not get the love for this guy.

His personality is sweet sure, but his voice to me is nothing at all memorable. It is so young sounding. Maybe he would be good in a Donny Osmond "Puppy Love" kind of way.

I did NOT like his version of Imagine. Way to Disney-fy it.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!
"Bigfoot making the crop circles would expain a lot. Those size feet could tromp a lot over a night."~SurveySez

I wish we could find a Chakka!

"RE: Talk about overrated!"
Posted by Snidget on 02-28-08 at 09:59 AM
I mean he can sing, kind of, in a trained puppy kind of way.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

Maybe Robbie, when he doesn't wear the bandana to hide the top of his wig?

Posted by mindy23 on 02-28-08 at 10:30 AM

I'm more than certain that the kid has asthma. After being a school nurse for years, I can hear that sound a mile a way. I worry about his health, but I really do think he can sing-for the most part, OUT sing most of the other contestants! I think that David H. is his only REAL competition at this point, but Chekezie and Michael could easily step up to the plate, if they keep on keeping on. The girls? Not much going on there, outside of A'sia, and Ramie.

Posted by zombiebaby on 02-28-08 at 10:34 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-28-08 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

Maybe we can put a paper bag over him to help? It will help me!

Really David H? *shudders*

Posted by mindy23 on 02-28-08 at 01:39 PM

>Really David H? *shudders*

Yeah-really (says a fellow Arizonan)!! And yes, says a fellow musician. He rocked on "Pappa was a Rollin' Stone"! And I don't see how many could deny that!

Maybe you're coming down with that hideous flu epidemic everyone seems to have???? :-0

"RE: David Archuleta is a Sleestack"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-27-08 at 08:07 AM
Question....who the heck is voting for this kid??? Everyone on this board is so over him and all the TV/Radio shows I hear are over him too. My almost 16 y/o DSD and all her friends can't stand him. So I'm just curious who his fan base is.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

Posted by Snidget on 03-27-08 at 08:27 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-08 AT 08:31 AM (EST)

Well, at least the support seems to be waning based on the DialIdol scores.

I'm guessing 12-13 year old girls with a certain percentage of older adult women that seem to be just as tweenagery over non-threatening young males (either because they never got over crushing like that, or they want to mother those boys).

I'd guess a fair portion of the ZOMG SHE'S 17!!1! Jordin voters are also voting for him because ZOMG HE'S 17!!1! But that is just a guess.

ETA if you dare you could check out americanidol.com's forums or idolforums.com and see what kinds of people tend to get all ZOMG over David A. They tend to hang out in those places.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-27-08 at 08:40 AM
Ermmmmm, no. I ventured over there once, once!, before and I'm still having nightmares. Plus trying to decipher all the dude speech gives me a headache.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

Posted by LibraRising on 03-27-08 at 03:29 PM
Are these also the type of people who would make the effort to try to call in and get their question answered live on the show?

That's a segment that needs to go, BTW!

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 03-27-08 at 04:16 PM
I was wondering that lastnight too MR, because if I was a tween/teen I'd be crushing on Jason....oh wait I already am.

Agman took me to the islands

Posted by memzoo48 on 03-27-08 at 08:49 PM
I overheard some little girls today referring to David A. as "hot!!!" It was all I could do not to either bust out laughing, or barf. The girls were maybe 12 years old. When I was 12, I was crushing on David Cassidy. Now *he* was hot!

Posted by zazzy on 03-28-08 at 10:38 AM
David Cassidy ** then ** totally had it over David A ** today **.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL. Is Tiger Beat still around?

Posted by mrc on 03-27-08 at 02:20 PM
I know he's just a kid, but I'm not likin' David A. He reminds me of Melinda Doolittle with his fake modesty.

Bunnies eat nerds.

"RE: David Archuleta A HUGE QUESTION....."
Posted by mindy23 on 04-02-08 at 05:57 PM
OK, TOTALLY taking back my stand on David H!!! David COOK is my guy now, and has been, well, longer than the David H. scandal, well, before that-long before it! Don't care a bit about where who comes from.

But I have ONE huge, gigantic question about David A:

Can that kid sing ANYTHING other than BALLADS???
HAS ANYONE heard him sing anything remotely fast? The way the judges drool over him, you'd think he was the all-around, all-American, way-to-go to the moon, and back, next recording star! BUT, I have yet to hear him sing anything remotely faster than, uh....."Imagine"?? I can't even pull one out of my hat!

Someone help me out here......paleeeese! Because I, for one, think he'd keel over dead from not being able to breathe enough if he tried! And two, I just don't think he can.....I just don't. So there!

Posted by singer on 04-09-08 at 03:11 PM
But he's so cute and he sings so well. Too bad about his Stage Dad.

--Singer

Posted by KeithFan on 04-09-08 at 03:30 PM
As for the cute; I'll leave that to the kids in Tiger Beat. As for the singing so well: if you mean over-hyped, over-pimped, won't-be-able-to-keep-anyone-over-15-awake-for-more-than-15-minutes, and asthma-sounds-cool: then I guess he does sing well.

Posted by CTgirl on 04-09-08 at 03:43 PM
KF - this is for you in case you haven't seen it:

"David Archuleta - Lip Gloss"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=puyYi0rH8jQ

It's much funnier if you listen to it with the sound off.

Posted by KeithFan on 04-09-08 at 05:45 PM
hehehe funny!

"But my lips really hurt!!" {/napoleon}

Posted by qwertypie on 04-18-08 at 00:59 AM
Any word on whether his dad is going to have a restraining order against him for harassing the other contestants?

Posted by agman on 04-18-08 at 03:22 PM
>Any word on whether his dad
>is going to have a
>restraining order against him for
>harassing the other contestants?

WTF, I'm really out of the loop! When did this happen?

I'm embarassed I hadn't heard about this.

Posted by qwertypie on 04-18-08 at 11:27 PM
My mother heard it on the radio that the dad is a real nutjob and is now bared from the rehearsals. Supposedly he told DA that he wasn't to make eye contact with any of the other contestants, or to clap for them or touch them and told the producers that DA had better win this or else there would be hell to pay. Apparently, there were similar issues when DA was on Star Search. I don't know how true this is (my quickie googly search didn't turn up much, DM couldn't remember the station she heard it on), but it would explain the fact why DA looks so scared he's going to pee himself and is so relieved when the judges don't criticize him.

Posted by txriverwillow on 05-12-08 at 11:40 AM
Here's a link on the situation.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/11/archuleta.idol.ap/index.html

Posted by nailbone on 04-09-08 at 03:47 PM
Man, his breathing was WAY off last night!! Completely ruined that song for me.

Posted by LibraRising on 04-18-08 at 12:14 PM
It was awful. Why don't the judges ever mention this? He has a bad habit of gasping in a huge breath in the middle of phrases, particularly before big notes. It's a very amateurish mistake that shows a disconnect from the lyrics.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

Posted by jdlahunt on 04-11-08 at 09:21 AM
i agree with you keith, i call him wheezy, hes not that great to me hes forgetable

"No prom for DA?"
Posted by jbug on 04-22-08 at 03:07 PM
DH was telling me at lunch that there was something on tv about David not being allowed to go back to attend his high school prom.
My reply? Well, he is in the running for a big career - which is more important?

(wasn't there a contestant who missed their own graduation?)

"RE: No prom for DA?"
Posted by Das Mole on 04-22-08 at 07:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-08 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

(Wasn't there a contestant who missed their own graduation?)

...Brooke from Season Cycle 7 of ANTM?

Anyway, it's probably best that he doesn't get to go. I doubt he really wants to go with his sister like Seacrest mistakenly (or perhaps not-so-mistakenly) suggested a week or two ago.

Although he is a Mormon

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 04-23-08 at 02:21 PM
Brooke missed her sister's wedding so I don't feel too bad for Archie.

Agman took me to the islands

Posted by agman on 04-28-08 at 09:57 PM

>Although he is a Mormon

The nail has been hit squarely on the head

thanks Tribe

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 04-24-08 at 01:49 PM
He's got to be a junior. There's always next year for him.

GO RED WINGS!

Posted by dsrtgrl28 on 04-28-08 at 04:21 PM
I agree, David A. really annoys me with his breathing and don't understand what it is about him, I also can't help but picture him as an ooompa loompa. At least that thought is more entertaining.

"Stage dad?"
Posted by jbug on 05-01-08 at 10:59 AM
Anyone have anything more on this dad thing?
I've read above ^ querty & others.
DH was saying to me last night that there is something strage about this kid - that he looks really scared - and not just a stage fright young immature kind of thing. When I told him about reading bits about his dad being threatening (?), DH said yep, that would explain it. That is exactly the look he has.

Every day is Spring with Agman

"RE: Stage dad?"
Posted by nanrabbit on 05-01-08 at 01:38 PM
I was watching the CMT awards and Naomi Judd made a comment about him. She said she was a judge on Star Search and she remembers how awful the dad was.

I also have to say I am not a big fan. The breathing he does bothers me and I have been waiting for Simon to mention it! Can they not here it?

Posted by jbug on 05-02-08 at 11:18 AM
This was in EW.COM story:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20171835_20197246_2,00.html

There's been a lot of speculation over whether 17-year-old David Archuleta's father Jeff is an overinvolved stage dad. This Thursday morning, Papa isn't doing much to dispel the rumors as his son rehearses the Neil Diamond anthem ''America.'' ''There's too many 'Todays,''' he tells associate musical director Michael Orland of the climactic, repeated lyric, while pacing around the room. The comments continue throughout the rehearsal: ''Neil Diamond's voice is a fifth lower than his'' and ''The edit to do is 8 to 10 seconds before 'My country 'tis of thee''' and ''The beginning needs to have a U2 vibe.'' He also occasionally compliments his son, who stands silently by the mic nervously pivoting one foot on its heel. ''My dad is like my translator,'' Archuleta later says. ''I have issues explaining what I want.'' He initially wanted to perform ''I'm a Believer,'' only to see Brooke pull the song title out of the hat, and also considered ''Holly Holy,'' but the four-minute, 40-second song couldn't be condensed into the one-and-a-half-minute time limit.

Every day is Spring with Agman

Posted by Fishercat on 05-10-08 at 01:24 AM
Here's an update for you:

TMZ ALERT

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/09/archuletas-dad-banished-from-idol

I know not to copy entire articles and every little morsel is pretty pertinent, so I'll let you go. Quick summary: Dadchuleta told Archie to change the lyrics to his first song to include something from Sean Kingston, which AI balked at. David did it anyway, cause AI some legal trouble, and now Dad's banned from backstage.

Posted by agman on 05-10-08 at 04:56 PM
Although I'm no archie fan, I do feel sorry for him having a dad who acts like that. He must be mortified when his Dad goes off the way he does!

sculpted by Tribe

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 05-12-08 at 03:28 PM
Me too. ~ feel bad for him that is.

Co-worker said AI had to pay royalties for the line stolen from another song that hadn't been cleared. I thought it was just a mess up on David's part.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 05-07-08 at 01:43 PM
I think I finally have it all figured out....

David is actually Pinocchio and his dad is Geppetto on crack. "I want to be a real boy!!!"

My future Rockers!